Texas Hunting Forum

Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron?

Posted By: pegasaurus

Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 07:21 PM

I’m not hearing much about people loosing taste and/or smell with Omicron like we had with the other variants.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 07:22 PM

My neighbor is getting over the cron right now, all I know she had has is a bad cough. She didn't mention anything else when I talked to her last night.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 07:57 PM

Buddy of mine just getting over it; he never lost smell, but with headaches and weakness, appetite was gone for about the first 3 days.
He started taking the Vitamin/Quercetin regimen about 1.5 days in, and by day 4 was out jogging again.
He still tested positive yesterday - 6 days in.
Posted By: MO

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 08:17 PM

One of my tech's husband just lost taste and smell , don't know what variant he has.

MO
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 08:20 PM

Lost appetite but not taste.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 08:24 PM

I haven't been sick in years........
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

So I am guessing you have not lost taste or smell. confused2
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 08:43 PM

No loss of taste or smell
Posted By: CoyoteHill

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 09:16 PM

My wife and brother are both getting over it. No loss of taste or smell. Wife had chills for two days, then sore throat and cough. Brother had bad cough and some congestion. Nothing bad for either one of them.
Posted By: Archer Anthony

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 09:40 PM

I had it. All I had was a clogged ear and light congestion. Kept taste and smell
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Originally Posted by RedRanger

So I am guessing you have not lost taste or smell. confused2

Reminds me of an Oxner post.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 10:17 PM

No loss here
Posted By: bagster

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 10:24 PM

Loss of taste or smell doesn't hold a candle to what happened to this ole boy:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/man-claims-covid-19-made-his-penis-shrink
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 10:25 PM

My wife has it now. Lost smell and taste for 2 days.
Posted By: 8th1

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 10:49 PM

Daughter and SIL had the rona this week. They had whataburger 2 days ago. SIL said it had no taste.

Maybe it was the whataburger?
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 11:23 PM

I lost my smell over four months ago and still don’t have it back….just delta I think. I haven’t heard of anything but bad cold symptoms from Omicron….
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/14/22 11:25 PM

I just got over it, my taste and smell didn’t totally go away, but was very dull. I never lost my appetite though.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/15/22 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by bagster
Loss of taste or smell doesn't hold a candle to what happened to this ole boy:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/man-claims-covid-19-made-his-penis-shrink

I hope I don't catch it, I don't have any to spare. grin
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 01:35 AM

I tested positive Wednesday last week and have not lost taste, smell or appetite. Feels like a severe head cold, sinus pressure, cough, and congestion.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 02:41 AM

Yes! I lost my taste and smell yesterday., and it’s freaking me out!
I went down Monday just feeling a little off, kind of hazy/cloudy. Had chills when i woke up Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but no fever and really no other symptoms. Thursday afternoon, i felt about 90%, but then had a little congestion which led to a tiny cough. Felt even better on Friday which brings me to Saturday. We were laying in bed watching a movie and I thought to get up and smell a candle for some odd reason, and sure enough, nothing. Smelled another candle and another.. went for the bag of coffee, Nothing!
I’m thinking this smell and taste issue has to do with inflammation, so I made some homemade HCQ today by simmering lemon and grapefruit peels for 3 hours. Ironically, I was able to taste sweet peppers and a sugar cookie this evening. May be.coincidence, but I’m going to keep at it.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 02:41 AM

I did, only for about 4 days though.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 01:09 PM

Lost my taste and smell for a couple of weeks , it's getting better
Posted By: Stub

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 01:28 PM

My nose has been lightly running a clear liquid lately. I pulled some fresh basil and Cilantro out of the fridge yesterday and had a hard time smelling the difference and thought Ruh Ro Chinese virus??
Then Luke sat down next to me and farted and brother my smelling has never been better, I was healed instantly laugh
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
My nose has been lightly running a clear liquid lately. I pulled some fresh basil and Cilantro out of the fridge yesterday and had a hard time smelling the difference and thought Ruh Ro Chinese virus??
Then Luke sat down next to me and farted and brother my smelling has never been better, I was healed instantly laugh

roflmao Man's best friend!
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 04:06 PM

Wife tested + last Monday. Didn`t have any loss of taste till yesterday. Smell is still OK.
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 04:14 PM

Wife and I caught it over the holiday break, not sure what variant. My wife lost taste for a few days and I still dont have my taste and smell back.
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 05:48 PM

My neighbors wife was exposed at work. I asked if she was tested and he said no. I said tell her to stick her finger in her butt fart and then smell her finger. Then I said better yet just fart in her face.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 05:58 PM

Delta is still floating around, too.
Posted By: kwrhuntinglab

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/17/22 06:10 PM

Me and my boy caught it and both lost taste and smell for just a couple days.. the worst part is I can't get rid of the cough...
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 04:06 AM

I don’t know what I got but felt off last week. Today I pulled a deer head out of a bucket of water it’s been sitting in for about 2 weeks and my son about lost his lunch… I asked if it smelled he looked at me weird and said yeah. I put my nose an inch from the head and never smelled a thing. The barbacoa mini tacos I ate for dinner tasted spot on. Haven’t been tested and not getting tested.
Posted By: Catperch

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by redchevy
I don’t know what I got but felt off last week. Today I pulled a deer head out of a bucket of water it’s been sitting in for about 2 weeks and my son about lost his lunch… I asked if it smelled he looked at me weird and said yeah. I put my nose an inch from the head and never smelled a thing. The barbacoa mini tacos I ate for dinner tasted spot on. Haven’t been tested and not getting tested.

Spare me from my ignorance, why did you leave a deer head in water for 2 weeks?
Posted By: Stub

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Catperch

Guessing he is doing a Euro?
Posted By: tlk

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 12:40 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/genetic-risk-factor-found-covid-160358234.html
Posted By: Fatdaddy

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 01:27 PM

How does anyone know what strain you had or have? Every medical professional I have asked said the test can not determine what strain you test positive for. The test can only determine if you have covid or not.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fatdaddy
How does anyone know what strain you had or have? Every medical professional I have asked said the test can not determine what strain you test positive for. The test can only determine if you have covid or not.

you kinda just have to go by the symptoms. Omicron doesn't really get down in your lungs the same way delta does.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 02:10 PM

Not sure which variant I had but was pretty much over the symptoms of it last Friday. Woke up yesterday with no taste or smell. Still don't have it today. Weird for it to hit me 3 days after the other symptoms were gone.

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
Not sure which variant I had but was pretty much over the symptoms of it last Friday. Woke up yesterday with no taste or smell. Still don't have it today. Weird for it to hit me 3 days after the other symptoms were gone.

Sounds like me except no loss of taste.

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 02:28 PM

Yes a euro for my nephew’s first buck. Head got stinky before I got it so just skin and let it soak somewhere out of the way sometimes.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 02:53 PM

Not this time, but the first time I lost my sense of taste and smell.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fatdaddy

Can be tested for in a lab via genome testing. It's is not done on any samples for the most part. Treatment is the same for all variants.

I'm just finishing my 3rd round of the stuff I suppose. Only tested on the first go around (04/2020 - 06/2020). Last 2 times there were positive tests in the house and I became symptomatic. Last symptoms started 01/08 and I had a good day yesterday so I guess I'm over this one. I've never had loss of tastes or smell but Mrs RayBob did in October when she had it. BTW, she is exposed in her RN job every week since this krap started. No jabs.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 04:57 PM

Losing taste or smell with Covid infection tied to genetic variants
Scientists have found a genetic clue to why some people infected with Covid-19 lose their sense of taste or smell and others don’t. In a Nature Genetics study out yesterday, researchers from the consumer gene-testing company 23andMe describe a genome-wide association study based on responses to a survey of nearly 70,000 people living in the U.K. or U.S. who had Covid. Their analysis turned up genetic variants near two genes that increased by 11% the chances that a person would lose smell or taste after infection. The two genes, UGT2A1 and UGT2A2, encode enzymes produced in cells lining the inside of the nose that are involved in eliminating odorants that bind to receptors involved in smell detection. Caveats: Most survey participants were of European ancestry, their symptoms were self-reported, and the question they answered combined taste and smell.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 06:12 PM

I’m not sure which one I had but I havnt been able to smell or taste a dang thing in over 4 months, I’m beginning to wonder if it’s ever coming back,
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/18/22 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen85
Delta is still floating around, too.

I read that recently as well.

Since most never know what variant they have I wouldn't treat it as if it's nothing but a cold. There is a man I went to school with in the 70's on a ventilator now.
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/20/22 10:05 PM

Niece had it an lost her sense of smell
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/20/22 11:41 PM

No. Our tastes were enhanced actually. Food tastes very salty. We got lucky.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/21/22 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
Not this time, but the first time I lost my sense of taste and smell.

Same here.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/21/22 12:49 AM

Yes a euro for my nephew’s first buck. Head got stinky before I got it so just skin and let it soak somewhere out of the way sometimes.

I push mine into a fire ant mound. It's clean in just a week or so. After I'm done, do kill the mound though, just so I don't feel like I'm helping them in any way.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/21/22 01:52 AM

Had China virus on August of 21 no loss of taste or smell. Tested positive Feb 11th lost taste and smell on the 14th. Just starting to get some taste and smell back today.
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Is anyone loosing taste and smell with Omicron? - 01/21/22 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Txduckman
No. Our tastes were enhanced actually. Food tastes very salty. We got lucky.

I had covid last March, and it was pretty tough until the ivermectin took over.
My family was sick over Christmas ( we had to cancel our celebration) and we never got tested.
We lost our taste and smell for a few days but now everything is salty to me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum