Texas Hunting Forum

'Burner" cell phone?

Posted By: 9x19

'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 02:54 AM

I'm in need of a cell-phone for my brother. He is currently in the hospital, and doesn't have the means to call for any needed help once he is released.

So, are there phones available that I can purchase with simple phone service, and pre-pay for a year or for a certain amount of time (Minutes)? I'd like to gift him with one, but he would not appreciate one which came with a monthly bill.

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions.
PS, he lives in rural Grayson county (about half-way between Gainesville and Sherman) so it would need to be reliable in that area.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 03:02 AM

You can get a pre-paid phone at Walmart. Just pay for the minutes used

https://www.walmart.com/browse/cell-phones/all-prepaid-phones/1105910_4527935_1072335_8991975
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Paluxy

https://www.walmart.com/browse/cell-phones/all-prepaid-phones/1105910_4527935_1072335_8991975

That's what all the prostitutes and drug dealers use so they must work just fine. I would get an AT&T carrier one though.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 05:07 AM

Yup. Scrap phones. Cheap.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 10:47 AM

MetroPCS will give you very good phone for free, all you need to do is to sign up with a new phone number. Get a free phone and month of unlimited calls/text/data for $45.

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 03:15 PM

Yeah, he doesn't need a smart-phone, he'd never use 99% of the functions.

Does anyone have anything to say about Mint Mobile? They have a 12 month plan, unlimited talk/text plus flip phone for $200
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by Paluxy

That's what all the prostitutes and drug dealers use so they must work just fine. I would get an AT&T carrier one though.

This guy hammer Everyone is a criminal huh? I guess the op can be considered for drug sales.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 04:37 PM

Dolla sto has them.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 05:29 PM

Check out a Tracphone at Walmart
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 06:31 PM

Yes. Tracphone. If he donโ€™t use it much you might be able to have 50 bucks last a long time.

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 07:51 PM

Go to Little World in South Dallas, off Malcolm X Blvd.

They have anything and everything you need, across the street at the car wash they are slinging dope and hoes 24/7
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Little World in South Dallas

Googled this place just for kicks. They have painted on the exterior wall "No Drug Dealing". Does that really need to be stated? Do they think painting that there will deter? Regardless, I'll talk with ya later, on my way to get dope, hoes, and...a phone. rolleyes
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 08:04 PM

9X19, can't you add a line to your current plan, cheap, especially if you have an old phone?
Posted By: Couzin

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 08:06 PM

Goto where your brother lives and if your cell phone works there get him a phone on your plan. I can add a phone to my plan for free (+free cheap phone) and just share minutes/data. It would cost me $25 extra a month with ATT.

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 08:50 PM

Thanks everyone... I ordered a phone and 12 month plan from Mint Mobile, total was $200. They use T-Mobile's network and it's good in his area, so...
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by 9x19
Thanks everyone... I ordered a phone and 12 month plan from Mint Mobile, total was $200. They use T-Mobile's network and it's good in his area, so...

Well if you ordered it then it's not a burner. A burner you pay cash for and nothing had your name on it.

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 11:49 PM

Well, bless your heart, and pardon my misuse of street vernacular.

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/21/21 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork

Well if you ordered it then it's not a burner. A burner you pay cash for and nothing had your name on it.

That why you go to MetroPCS, WalMart they have cameras to see who purchased it. MetroPCS does not
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/22/21 12:11 AM

Well, bless your heart, and pardon my misuse of street vernacular.

Thank you. I'll take the blessing. You are pardoned.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/22/21 05:04 AM

Get 2. One for rocks , one fo hoes. ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Re: 'Burner" cell phone? - 12/22/21 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Little World in South Dallas

Googled this place just for kicks. They have painted on the exterior wall "No Drug Dealing". Does that really need to be stated? Do they think painting that there will deter? Regardless, I'll talk with ya later, on my way to get dope, hoes, and...a phone. rolleyes

I worked in Fair Park area for about 1 year everyday about 20 years ago, it's a different world in South Dallas. Seen lots of crackheads stealing selling scraps, so many crack ho's offering anything for a few bucks.

The best memory I saw two vehicles get into a fender bender in a slow speed crash, after they hit both vehicles stopped and the doors opened and all passengers from both vehicles got out and fell to the ground and layed there to wait for an ambulance, I thought it was a joke at first.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum