Texas Hunting Forum

Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer

Posted By: sweetwood

Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/13/21 08:24 PM

https://www.grainger.com/product/PURELL-Hand-Sanitizer-56LU47

12-Pack 12.6 Oz Purell Hand Sanitizer Gel - $6.00 + Free Shipping

They're basically giving away old stock.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/14/21 05:44 AM

Thank you. I ordered two which should have cost me a hundred bucks but was only 12 with free shipping.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/14/21 05:53 AM

We have 55 gallon barrels of it at work from when the world was coming to an end. Poorly made by a liquor company and thick. Napalm. Don’t know what we’re going to do with that stuff.

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/14/21 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by wp75169
We have 55 gallon barrels of it at work from when the world was coming to an end. Poorly made by a liquor company and thick. Napalm. Don’t know what we’re going to do with that stuff.

I like it just for after field dressing or skinning critters.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/14/21 06:26 AM

I can tell you what “NOT” to do with thick hand sanitizer, use it as a fire starter hammer One of my nimrod cousins couldn’t get a fire going during thanksgiving week and he poured a couple bottles like you described I’d bought at HD under and on the logs along with a stream of gas to it to ignite it and it blew every stick of firewood out of the pit and just about blew him to pieces. Needless to say they didn’t have a fire that night and he won’t need a haircut for a while. I’m pretty sure it was Karma getting him back for shooting a deer that day he shouldn’t have LMAO

I would hate to think what a 55 gallon barrel of that stuff would do if it went off after seeing what it did to the fire pit the next day.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/14/21 09:26 AM

watch how much of that stuff you use......and the ingredients. horriblefor your liver and muscles and other stuff

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7320712/
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/14/21 11:59 AM

Never got into the hand sanitizer game, I like to use soap and let my dirty germ go down the drain and not remain on my hands.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/14/21 12:17 PM

I thought it was free at most grocery stores in one form or another. Read the coupon books, they have a glut of old stock and can't give it all away.
Posted By: sweetwood

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/15/21 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by fadetoblack64
watch how much of that stuff you use......and the ingredients. horriblefor your liver and muscles and other stuff

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7320712/

That was interesting to say the least. I don't use it all the time but it has it's place.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/15/21 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

I can tell you what “NOT” to do with thick hand sanitizer, use it as a fire starter hammer One of my nimrod cousins couldn’t get a fire going during thanksgiving week and he poured a couple bottles like you described I’d bought at HD under and on the logs along with a stream of gas to it to ignite it and it blew every stick of firewood out of the pit and just about blew him to pieces. Needless to say they didn’t have a fire that night and he won’t need a haircut for a while. I’m pretty sure it was Karma getting him back for shooting a deer that day he shouldn’t have LMAO

I would hate to think what a 55 gallon barrel of that stuff would do if it went off after seeing what it did to the fire pit the next day.

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Flatcreek

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/15/21 02:30 PM

Thanks sweetwood for the heads up. As much as the wife uses, she gets a couple cases for Christmas! woot
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/15/21 03:17 PM

We use it all the time and it severely cuts down on people calling in at work for being sick I have found.
Keep one in every truck and use it.

Also is the best cut finder on the market.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/16/21 01:41 AM

Good looking out, got got 15 cases for the kid's school.

[Linked Image]

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/16/21 02:25 AM

Got my two cases today. 12 bucks. Thank you sweetwood for posting this up!
Posted By: TKM

Re: Just a heads up if you're looking for hand sanitizer - 12/16/21 02:53 AM

Two cases delivered to the house today.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum