Texas Hunting Forum

Hornady.....WTH?????

Posted By: Jgraider

Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 02:30 AM

Very disappointed to see this. I would figure Steve Hornady had more balls than this.......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 02:34 AM

I'm greedy, and I like their bullets, get the shots give me the bullets
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 02:53 AM

Would've never expected that. Feel terrible for their employees blindsided by their leadership.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 02:58 AM

"its a big club and you aint in it". George Carlin

Hornady leaders in the the club
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 03:02 AM

He makes more money than 95% on here. I get why he did it but I do not think it will matter when the chips fall.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 03:34 AM

I see these people leaving their jobs. Is it that hard to produce a Covid card? Why dig in, play the game and win.
These cards are very simple.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I'm greedy, and I like their bullets, get the shots give me the bullets

Not surprising.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I see these people leaving their jobs. Is it that hard to produce a Covid card? Why dig in, play the game and win.

Is a LEO advocating for fraud? Or are you passively advocating for just getting vaccinated?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edmi/p...ovid-19-vaccination-record-card-frauds-0
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 04:38 AM

Because some of us don't play games and it's dishonest and a lie, that's why.

As much as I have always loved Hornady, I will never give them another cent. Ever.

"There is nothing we, and ultimately you, can do about this"

[censored] YOU Hornady. I hope your best hands walk out for good. I hope you go out of business. Your management is ignorant scared and pathetic, and I am ashamed of you.

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 04:39 AM

[censored] that card and [censored] you for asking flag

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

Because it's dishonest and a lie, that's why.

As much as I have always loved Hornady, I will never give them another cent. Ever.

"There is nothing we , and ultimately you, can do about this"

[censored] YOU Hornady. I hope your best hands walk out for good. I hope you go out of business. Your management is ignorant scared and pathetic, and I am ashamed of you.
We will get rid of the hornady bullets we own as soon as you say go. Run it now or later does not matter to us.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 04:55 AM

Anyone wanting to get rid of their Hornady ammunition can send it to me for disposal.

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Anyone wanting to get rid of their Hornady ammunition can send it to me for disposal.

I will be hanging on to mine, but will not be buying anything else from them given their apparent ignorance. It's a damn shame.

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 05:10 AM

I'm greedy

I am not.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 05:31 AM

I will be hanging on to mine, but will not be buying anything else from them given their apparent ignorance. It's a damn shame.

I feel bad for Hornady rather than villainizing them. It's a 12,000 dollar fine for each employee that violates the EO and it's levied on the company rather than the employee. I know that doesn't make any of this correct or fair, but they have around 225 employees so that's 2.7 million dollars if everyone refuses. That would be 100% profit loss of that amount which they would have to pass on to customers. The whole scenario is [censored] up but I don't hate Hornady for it. They had it put upon them and they didn't do this on their own. I may be wrong but that's my take on it.

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 05:38 AM

I feel bad for Hornady rather than villainizing them. It's a 12,000 dollar fine for each employee that violates the EO and it's levied on the company rather than the employee. I know that doesn't make any of this correct or fair, but they have around 225 employees so that's 2.7 million dollars if everyone refuses. That would be 100% profit loss of that amount which they would have to pass on to customers. The whole scenario is [censored] up but I don't hate Hornady for it. They had it put upon them and they didn't do this on their own. I may be wrong but that's my take on it.

I want freedom back.

It's dying as we speak, Sir.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 06:01 AM

100% how I see it. It’s not the company mandating the vaccine, it’s our worthless government. Hornady is just trying to do what it can do to stay in business. If 50% of the people walk out, Hornady will lose more than 50% of their annual earnings, as would a lot of other companies. Will the government bail them out after they forced this collapse?
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 10:32 AM

There is no legal mandate.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 11:19 AM

What bob said. There is no mandate. These people know it they have better law and HR departments than that. They are going off a press conference. Not a law, not even an eo.

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 11:24 AM

I guess Hornady could be under whatever way they are pushing government contractors to receive the vaccine
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 11:35 AM

Even if there was a mandate, it’s still not a law
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 11:51 AM

Yes, I’ll bet this has more to do with Government contracts than anything

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by procraft05
Yes, I’ll bet this has more to do with Government contracts than anything

Nope after reading the letter. “We don’t know the details yet” then “we understand it will be an osha”

Dudes nutless
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 12:28 PM

My understanding is the 100 employee thing is being pushed to OSHA, but nothing has been done so it's really nothing more than a statement in a press conference. If that's the case, Hornady is full of crap.
We'd better buckle up if we can't get our mouthpieces in Washington squared away on this nonsense. Some transplant hospitals are now refusing organ transplants to people who refuse the shot. The people in this country have lost their GD minds over this stuff.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 12:51 PM

Stand Up and fight back against tyranny, everyone needs to quit "seeing" the other side, say " F You, No"
Posted By: Judd

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Grizz
My understanding is the 100 employee thing is being pushed to OSHA, but nothing has been done so it's really nothing more than a statement in a press conference. If that's the case, Hornady is full of crap.
We'd better buckle up if we can't get our mouthpieces in Washington squared away on this nonsense. Some transplant hospitals are now refusing organ transplants to people who refuse the shot. The people in this country have lost their GD minds over this stuff.

I way underestimated the power of fear. There are some highly educated and smart people (both on and off this forum) that are ready to force an experimental vaccine on folks for something that has above a 90% survival. I feel sorry for them, they are lost and being manipulated for political gain.

Best example I’ve seen this week…if I had a 95% chance of not [censored] myself today, would I still wear a diaper?
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 01:19 PM

Back in 2018 Hornady release a statement that they would not knowingly allow their ammunition to be sold to the state of NY after the state of NY asked banks and financial institutions to stop doing business with gun and ammo industry.

Steve Hornady stated then “While it may not make a difference to New York, Hornady will not knowingly allow our ammunition to be sold to the Government of the State of NY or any NY agencies. Their actions are a blatant and disgusting abuse of office and we won’t be associated with a government that acts like that. They should be ashamed”

So he was offended by the state of NY’s “blatant and disgusting abuse of office and we won’t be associated with h a government that acts like that” but now when the Federal Government/President acts as they are he has no problem associating with them?

It now appears it was just show in 2018 and that he has no principals and just cares about businesses. The lost of the NY Government was nothing to him and the company but he is not willing to lose the Federal contracts they may have.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 01:24 PM

And it might be because the insurance companies are putting pressure on the companies, they have a lot of leverage.
Posted By: leswad

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 01:29 PM

If you wish to let them know how you feel:

https://press.hornady.com/media-inquiries/
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 01:41 PM

Courage is contagious. People are starting to hold the line and they will cave like Southwest. Like Ben Franklin said, we can all hang together or hang separately.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
"its a big club and you aint in it". George Carlin

Hornady leaders in the the club

Carlin was visionary
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 02:39 PM

Wow wow wow
Dang it,I sure use to use a bunch of their Ammo
Posted By: Remo

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/22/21 03:57 PM

I hope Hornady reconsiders. So far this trend has only ever gotten worse. It's too late now to blame ignorance or a need to run with the biggest herd. Every time someone else doesn't fight, it adds to the pressure and the presumed legitimacy that the next person has to face. Everyone will eventually have to choose whether to fight the consequences, or roll up that sleeve. If it wasn't a matter of getting you to bow down, they wouldn't have to threaten us with our jobs, or separate our families, or hide data, or lie so poorly, or any of the things they are steadily increasing. If it was a health issue it would have been treated as such, as it has in the past, not employed as an excuse.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/26/21 11:29 PM

Posted By: patriot07

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/26/21 11:36 PM

Get the shot or get an exemption or move on. Lots of options. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/27/21 12:58 AM

Thank you for posting that video. I am so glad they backed off the mandate but they sure did it in a weird way. If feels like gas lighting almost.

Instead of telling your employees and consumers that they misunderstood the intent of your original mandate letter, it takes more guts and would gain them more respect to admit they were wrong.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/27/21 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by 71Rcode
Thank you for posting that video. I am so glad they backed off the mandate but they sure did it in a weird way. If feels like gas lighting almost.

Instead of telling your employees and consumers that they misunderstood the intent of your original mandate letter, it takes more guts and would gain them more respect to admit they were wrong.

Letter number 2 is straight up crawfishing.

Letter number 1 had "mandates", "deadlines" and "career decisions".

Letter number 2 suggests the employees said he'll no we won't go! And good for them!

Hornady has been trying to make their supply meet the huge demand for 22 months. They quickly realized they will be in worse shape if a significant portion of their people walk off.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/27/21 12:29 PM

Please send me all your Hornady bullets, ammo and brass

lets see some action instead of bitchin about it

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/27/21 12:52 PM

Like many of you I am a big fan of Hornady's products and their employees. And I'm very thankful for them. Unfortunately, as some of us experience daily, leaders of great organizations can often misstep over and over... Personally I don't want to demonize the Hornady name and products ---- as their hard working employees are the heart of their company.

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/27/21 12:55 PM

Like many of you I am a big fan of Hornady's products and their employees. And I'm very thankful for them. Unfortunately, as some of us experience daily, leaders of great organizations can often misstep over and over... Personally I don't want to demonize the Hornady name and products ---- as their hard working employees are the heart of their company.

—- Who are being forced to take an experimental drug.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/27/21 01:15 PM

Please send me all your Hornady bullets, ammo and brass

lets see some action instead of bitchin about it

We would, but we can't keep up with what caliber/cartridge you need on any given day. roflmao
Posted By: therancher

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/27/21 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG

Letter number 2 is straight up crawfishing.

Letter number 1 had "mandates", "deadlines" and "career decisions".

Letter number 2 suggests the employees said he'll no we won't go! And good for them!

Hornady has been trying to make their supply meet the huge demand for 22 months. They quickly realized they will be in worse shape if a significant portion of their people walk off.

Hopefully we will see lots of people choosing personal freedoms over being lemmings in the near future.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/27/21 03:47 PM

Can't fix Stupid, They'll pay dearly for this I'll look at ALL other ammo before buying Hornady.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Hornady.....WTH????? - 10/27/21 03:54 PM

That’s nuts, I’ll be swapping from them to another brand on several guns as soon as it’s burned up. They’ll pay dearly long term for their stupidity,
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum