Texas Hunting Forum

What I've learned from Covid after 2 times

Posted By: bobcat1

What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 01:28 PM

I first had the China Virus in November 2020. It was like a flu that lasted 2 weeks. I thought I was set with Natural Immunities that were 6 times as strong as the "Vaccine". I tested positive 10-5-21 SARS-Cov-2-RNA. I feel like I have turned the corner this morning finally. Lots af 30 minute sleep cycles all night long and throughout the day. Moderate fever, bones aching, Headache, loss of appetite, loss of smell but not taste.

After discussing with my Doctor we decided on Ivermectin (Not Cheap) and a Z Pac. Not sure it made any difference one way or the other. She did tell me whether I had natural immunities or a "Vaccine" in 90 days I would be vulnerable again.

So if that is true we can have this junk every 3 months forever.

Hudson's Mom was the 1st to get it. She tested positive but Hudson was negative so we ran and got him on Tuesday 9-28-21. One week later My wife, son, his girlfriend, Hudson and I all tested positive. Matt's girlfriend and Hudson's Mom had both been vaccinated. We all had symptoms and were really sick... all except Hudson! Thank you Jesus! He of course is Quarantined with Dad and his girlfriend but he never got sick at all. He is thriving!

This is the first time I have felt like posting since this all came about. This is all factual information from my situation. Yours may be different and that's okay.

So in my opinion shot or no shot makes no difference and I won't be getting one in the future either. I am fine if others do. That is your choice. I pray no one gets it.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 01:37 PM

Thanks for sharing. Fall fishing is here. Hope you get your strength back soon.

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

I forgot about that. Yep we are all weaker than a litter of 3 day old kittens.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

Get well soon sir
Posted By: pertnear

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 02:02 PM

Thanks for sharing Bobcat....
Posted By: 603Country

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 02:06 PM

Might be an odd question, but what is your blood type?

My favorite niece has had the virus twice now, but her O+ husband has not had the first sniffle. His army medical doc told him his O+ blood type was resistant to the virus. Since I’m also O+, I hope that’s true.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 02:16 PM

I have it now and my symptoms aren't fun, but I don't feel terrible. If this was allergy/sinus stuff like I initially thought, I would be at work right now. My doctor prescribed Ivermectin and today is my second day on it. So far, the symptoms haven't gotten worse but I still have them.
I have O+ blood, so I guess I'm in that 2.1% for O type people who get the rona.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country

My favorite niece has had the virus twice now, but her O+ husband has not had the first sniffle. His army medical doc told him his O+ blood type was resistant to the virus. Since I’m also O+, I hope that’s true.

Yes for some reason the Chinese either messed up and missed that one. Or the Chinese dictator is O+. But it’s being talked about O+ does really well for some reason.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 02:23 PM

I've seen the same studies and I've just been rolling with my O+ blood and I've been fine with that until now. I do think my blood type may be a substantial factor in my relatively minor symptoms. Time will tell, but I'm hoping the combination of my blood type and the Ivermectin will kick it pretty quickly. My doctor told me he has seen excellent results with Ivermectin with his patients.

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 02:57 PM

I'm not sure anyone ever told me before. My doctor's nurse said they would have to order the test next time we do labs. Of course it's a separate test and costs money.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 03:00 PM

bobcat, did you have a blood test after the first round that showed antibodies?
Posted By: dkershen

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 03:02 PM

Glad to hear you're on the mend Bobby. up
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 03:05 PM

Glad you are feeling better man. My wife and I had it at the same time we are at the same age...this was August 2020. I am A positive blood type she is O positive blood type. Her symptoms and experience were somewhat easier than mine. Neither one of us went to the doctor or got meds just fought through it. I believe we will be able to weather the storm again naturally.

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

bobcat, did you have a blood test after the first round that showed antibodies?

No sir.

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by 71Rcode
Glad you are feeling better man. My wife and I had it at the same time we are at the same age...this was August 2020. I am A positive blood type she is O positive blood type. Her symptoms and experience were somewhat easier than mine. Neither one of us went to the doctor or got meds just fought through it. I believe we will be able to weather the storm again naturally.

We would have both done that but I had just started a new job..... Wanted to get back as soon as possible. Not sure the meds made any difference and if they did not much. She's 60 and I'm 65. Usually very healthy.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 03:11 PM

Bobby,
Hope your family gets better real soon. This has to suck.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 03:13 PM

Glad you're doing better Bobby, also glad you didn't give it to me... grin
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 03:28 PM

Man I'm glad to hear yall are all doing better now and especially that Hudson didn't get sick from it.

It definitely affects everybody differently that is for sure. We lost another person we knew just this week from it. No pre-existing problems known, not overweight, and she was only 56 years old. Damn shame
Posted By: Greg

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 03:59 PM

Hope y’all are all on the better side of it now.
Posted By: glens

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 04:30 PM

Read somewhere that Nautral Immunity is only good for 12 months. Also said the Vaccines or only good for 5 to 6 months between Boosters. Hope you folks are feeling better.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by glens
Read somewhere that Nautral Immunity is only good for 12 months. Also said the Vaccines or only good for 5 to 6 months between Boosters. Hope you folks are feeling better.

I do side work for a Dr. His family got it early last year; 7 months later 3 of the 5 tested positive for antibodies but the other 2 already showed no antibodies. I realize that's anecdotal in the grand scheme but shot or natural I bet most are vulnerable again by the 6 month mark. I also know a person who got it in Sept 20, was vaccinated in January, and got the new strain in May.

Good luck and God bless us all.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 04:42 PM

Glad you are getting treated and hopefully on the mend.

I feel almost certain I had the virus very early in 2020, before tests were available and it was a thing. Rough cold, negative for flu, but several co-workers had same symptoms. Cleared up in a week or so. Jump forward to 2021 and I decided because I travel for work, and spend time with my 84 yo pops, I would get the vaccine as early as available, and got first dose in March. My wife was more skeptical and held off until August when school was starting. And FYI - she is O+ and I am A+. Sure enough, she got it, less than 30 days following her second dose. And, so far, I am negative. The other good news, her symptoms were pretty mild, no fever, but runny nose, a bit tired - maybe the vaccine helped minimize symptoms.

Now, a friend, also vaccinated, has it and I'm hearing from several people who were vaccinated that have gotten it. Is the vaccine not as effective as reported? They were saying 90%, but I haven't heard recent numbers = those numbers may run counter to the forcing of skeptics to get vaccinated. I got vaccine based on my own wishes, but if I was being forced at this point, with all of the unknowns and conflicting info, I would probably dig my heals in and say no.

And speaking of conflicting reports - two articles this week on whether to take Low Dose Aspirin. One said docs should not recommend to those who haven't had earlier heart problems because the risk of internal bleeding and ulcers is elevated. The other article said that Low Dose Aspirin is proving to minimize the blood clotting associated with Covid and those on a daily regimen are less likely, by a significant amount, to be admitted into hospitals. Same drug, same day, different studies - and even though they are reporting on different uses, you would think the articles would at least reference the other and give some form of guidance.

Bottom line - the people that we trust to make recommendations seem to be wrong in many cases, or at least not completely right. There are way too many conflicting reports often coming from the same experts, just at different times. I can't speak for others, but at some point we have to say enough, and resume normal life and accept the risk. The constant bad news of the past 18+ months is not good for anyone.
Posted By: Grit

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 04:45 PM

I would think if you had enough white blood cells, the immunity would be indefinite. confused2
Posted By: glens

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Grit

I would think if you had enough white blood cells, the immunity would be indefinite. confused2

This Virus is effecting People differently and on many levels for sure. Both Wife and I, healthy, no medical problems. Thought I was gonna die (5 days in ICU/7 weeks ago )and Wife skirted right on by at the same time. We both, 3 days into it, had the Infusion Treatment ordered by My Doc. 1 day after Infusion I was in Hospital. I'm still dragging with no energy.
Posted By: Guy

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 05:19 PM

If we have learned anything it is that the virus and the vaccine impacts everyone differently.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 05:25 PM

There were people living for 90 plus years that still tested positive for antibodies / t cells from the Spanish Flu in 1918.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 07:17 PM

I still have not gotten the vax, and I really have not a clue as to whether or not I should.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 07:58 PM

I still have not gotten the vax, and I really have not a clue as to whether or not I should.

I did and I really have no clue as to whether I should have or not.

That's the world we live in for sure.
Posted By: soooo

Re: What I've learned from Covid after 2 times - 10/14/21 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer

I did and I really have no clue as to whether I should have or not.

That's the world we live in for sure.

Sums it up pretty well
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum