Texas Hunting Forum

SWA Pilots

Posted By: bigbob_ftw

SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 04:53 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 05:03 PM

Are they calling in sick? Quitting? Walking a protest line?

I can’t find a real answer.

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

I understand they are calling in sick, but there is not official protest or strike.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 05:10 PM

LUV
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 05:15 PM

SWA blamed it on the weather. Did anyone see the national radar when this was breaking ? roflmao

Pilots can't strike and their unions can't have any knowledge of an organized strike. It was a grassroots event and handled the way it should have been handled.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 05:36 PM

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wir...t-cancellations-continue-monday-80515871

Charlie
Posted By: dkershen

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 05:40 PM

Hat's off to Bryan at 407BBQ for hooking them up.

[Linked Image]

And if "weather" caused them to cancel 2000 flights, why didn't the same "weather" hit the other airlines?
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 05:45 PM

Airlines like to blame weather. It is not within their control and they don't have to compensate passengers.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
Hat's off to Bryan at 407BBQ for hooking them up.

[Linked Image]

And if "weather" caused them to cancel 2000 flights, why didn't the same "weather" hit the other airlines?

I’ve seen a few unconfirmed reports mentioning that SWA’s scheduling software is garbage and can’t handle major adjustments on the fly. Sounds plausible considering the issues they’ve had over the past few months.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 06:03 PM

Screw SWA. I have no idea why people praise them as an airline. They are nothing more than a discount airline without the discount. I’d rather fly Spirit.

Curious though, has SWA stock taken a hit? May need to buy some
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
I’d rather fly Spirit.

Im not a SW fan but have you seen the folks in the terminals waiting on Spirit flights, lol.

The stock was down a bit yesterday but not enough for me to jump in.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 06:11 PM

Lol BigPig.

Here’s my preferred lineup:
1) AA
2) United/Delta
3) SWA
4) kick to the nuts
5) Spirit

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Black02z28
I’d rather fly Spirit.

Im not a SW fan but have you seen the folks in the terminals waiting on Spirit flights, lol.

Lol, no loser8

We only fly AA. I refuse to be part of a cattle hearding operation such as SWA
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I understand they are calling in sick, but there is not official protest or strike.

I don't think they (pilots) can go on "strike" by law.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen

I purchased tickets that fly tomorrow and return Sunday (17th). How, on Sunday (10th), did Southwest cancel the Sunday (17th) flight due to weather?! They must have some bass weather intelligence that no other airlines seem to have and, even more crazy, that are weather people don't seem to have either!

Yeah, that is awesome of 407BBQ.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 07:57 PM

Love it! We need more industries shutting down and saying enough is enough. I travel weekly and this is a giant inconvenience but time for hard working Americans to stand up to this tyranny.
Posted By: cbump

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 08:03 PM

I fly spirit for free often cuz I ended up with some bonus points a few years ago and haven’t used them all. I’ll take free any day.

Flew to Nashville recently by myself with no checked bag for free. No problems. I can handle a cramped seat in a short flight for free.
Flew last week with the wife to Florida and basic flight was free but we paid $120 and upgraded to the front row big seats. They were awesome for a 2.5 hour flight. No complaints here.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 08:22 PM

Used to think that way, but after a 7-hour flight to AK taking 49.5 hours on 3 airlines and AA losing the luggage for 3 weeks, I'm thinking Delta from now on.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer

Used to think that way, but after a 7-hour flight to AK taking 49.5 hours on 3 airlines and AA losing the luggage for 3 weeks, I'm thinking Delta from now on.

eek2
Posted By: J.G.

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 08:31 PM

My wife and I swore off American Airlines 7 years ago. Terrible customer service, terrible priced, broke down planes, late planes. They suck at life and I wish they would fail.

Frontier Airlines for the win.

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 08:32 PM

Only reason I don't fly SWA is because I don't want to drive to dallas.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 08:58 PM

Only reason I fly SW is getting in and out of Love is a pleasure compared to DFW.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Only reason I fly SW is getting in and out of Love is a pleasure compared to DFW.

Exact same for here with Hobby vs Bush
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/12/21 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Black02z28
I’d rather fly Spirit.

Lol, no loser8

My boss would only fly AA. I only flew other airlines when I had to. I moved to Roanoke when traveling to be close to DFW and I was not going to drive to Love.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Exact opposite for me
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 12:31 AM

I hope they hold the line and it inconveniences a chit load or important people, that way it’ll make a difference

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 12:16 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: soooo

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 12:22 PM

Southwest stewardesses used to wear hot pants. Didn't hire ugly fat chicks. Some here remember.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by soooo

Southwest stewardesses used to wear hot pants. Didn't hire ugly fat chicks. Some here remember.

Those were the days! banana2

Herb had a water cooler full of Wild Turkey in the conference room.

The whole idea started out drawn on a cocktail napkin in a San Antonio bar.🍸
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by soooo

Those were the days! banana2

Herb had a water cooler full of Wild Turkey in the conference room.

The whole idea started out drawn on a cocktail napkin in a San Antonio bar.🍸

He came and talked in one of my wife business classes while she was at UT, she said he burned heaters the entire time, this was in the early 2000's.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
You may find lots of people doing the same.
Posted By: Ktexas14

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 01:13 PM

I flew to Albany, NY a couple weeks ago on AA and luckily didn't have any problems but I was definitely worried about cancellations and delays. Glad we didn't choose Southwest.

Getting stuck at an airport is so dang frustrating being completely out of control.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 01:17 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG

My wife and I swore off American Airlines 7 years ago. Terrible customer service, terrible priced, broke down planes, late planes. They suck at life and I wish they would fail.

Frontier Airlines for the win.

AA goes everywhere we want to go, and usually goes there direct. That’s a big reason for us to use AA. The other reason is my wife flew on them 3-5 times a week for years, so she’s earned a lifetime status which is irreplaceable
Posted By: leswad

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 02:27 PM

Please support these guys if you able. There is a bill on the table to require a vaccine for all air travel.

https://www.usfreedomflyers.org/
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 03:11 PM

this does not bode well for the stock market. SWA stock is sucking air right now. None of this is good for the country headed for another Great Depression.

You cant keep printing money. S.S.A.B.

America down the tubes till people not politicians take the country back. flag

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 04:47 PM

Looks like the CEO has backed down!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo..._employees_who_refuse_to_get_vaxxed.html
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 06:55 PM

No he didn't. Go to the bottom of the article and read the update.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/13/21 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

No he didn't. Go to the bottom of the article and read the update.

Sounds a lot like what United did. You can get your exception, but we are going to put you on unpaid leave until we figure out what is going on with the virus and how we can bring you back to work. In other words, you're out of a job.

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 05:26 AM

It was storming, heavy rain and lightning over Dallas tonight around 10pm, SWA planes were still flying into LUV, guess they forgot to cancel due to “weather”

I love companies that can’t be honest with their customers. Y’all keep praising them
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 06:39 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: leswad

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 01:58 PM

up clap up
Posted By: Cochise

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

[Linked Image]

That one is Alaska Airlines - good to see it's not just SWA pilots/crews.

If I never fly again - that is fine by me. They all have showed their [censored] the last two years.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 02:16 PM

I was asking a buddy about this yesterday and here's his reply. He's a pilot for a different airline, but is in the industry.

Meh it's not really as sensational as some folks are making it out to be. Yeah, we all have a vax mandate deadline coming up and yeah, people have an issue with that. That said - I asked a few guys I know who fly for SWA about this yesterday and they said it's a combo of about 5 things happening simultaneously but most of all just running a completely full schedule way understaffed. Same way pretty much every airline is running this Fall (us included) but apparently over there they just got tired of it and decided to stop working overtime and to use some of their sick time in somewhat of a coordinated manner. The ole "overworked and underpaid" thing and I guess it's getting to a breaking point over there.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 02:19 PM

Wifeypoo lifted off on time this AM. Be extra careful if you find yourself in the HEB area.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 02:25 PM

AA canceled my flight to Boston Monday morning. Got up at 3:30am, drove to Austin, and was standing in line for the TSA check point at 5:15 and my phone ding dinged saying my flight was canceled. bang I could have still been sleeping.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by ZK-315
I was asking a buddy about this yesterday and here's his reply. He's a pilot for a different airline, but is in the industry.

Meh it's not really as sensational as some folks are making it out to be. Yeah, we all have a vax mandate deadline coming up and yeah, people have an issue with that. That said - I asked a few guys I know who fly for SWA about this yesterday and they said it's a combo of about 5 things happening simultaneously but most of all just running a completely full schedule way understaffed. Same way pretty much every airline is running this Fall (us included) but apparently over there they just got tired of it and decided to stop working overtime and to use some of their sick time in somewhat of a coordinated manner. The ole "overworked and underpaid" thing and I guess it's getting to a breaking point over there.

I have several classmates flying for SWA and they are saying the same as well. It may not have come down from the union directly, but make no mistake it was coordinated.

I get the sense it is a very tongue-in-cheek Steve Urkel, "Oops, did I do that?" kind of moment between line and management. The media (social and mainstream) is making it solely into a vax issue and small minds are buying into that one story line. There have been multiple issues brewing under the surface at the airlines that are coming to a head at SWA. The pilots flexed and got it to this point.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 09:57 PM

LUV stock was up a little today. They split awhile back.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 10:59 PM

heard a female talking about a mckinney hospital that has a shortage of doctors and nursed due to the vaxxx mandate. So, fema is busing in doctors to help out BUT the fema doctors do not need to be vaxxxed............
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
heard a female talking about a mckinney hospital that has a shortage of doctors and nursed due to the vaxxx mandate. So, fema is busing in doctors to help out BUT the fema doctors do not need to be vaxxxed............

Why would they? They are not employed by the hospital.

It is not about safety or health. It is about control.
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/14/21 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tin Head

I figured all the buses were tied up shipping illegals to red states...
Posted By: DCR

Re: SWA Pilots - 10/15/21 01:19 AM

Guys normally post in the other forum under a different screen name,but i do follow this forum also,I am a 26 year employee of the Dallas based airline,I can tell you that absolutely the bus drivers and waitresses were making a statement,they can not acknowledge this because of the railway labor act,without serious legal consequences,but the POS that runs the airline knew good and well what was happening when it happened,and he lied his a$$ off for three days.
I have many friends and coworkers who will be fired next month because they made a personal choice not to be vaxed,our airline is staffed with a large percentage of ex military personnel due to Herbs belief that they were the cream of the crop and the most loyal employees,these same people are also the last ones to be forced against their will to do anything.
If our upper management does not grow a set of balls in the next few weeks and give Washington the finger,then our airline will cease to function during the busiest time of the year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum