Texas Hunting Forum

Shooting at Mansfield high?

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 03:25 PM

Anyone have any info? wife said its all over tv. saying there is an active shooter. several shot. prayers up.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 03:27 PM

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/10/06/possible-shooting-at-timberview-high-school-in-arlington/
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 03:44 PM

Nextdoor has a video of the classroom fight that precipitated the shooting.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 03:55 PM

Just a damn shame kids have to pull out a gun to settle a dispute.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:00 PM

Probably a gang member.
Posted By: erathar

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Link?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:02 PM

Probably a gang member.

Bingo.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by erathar

Link?

No idea how to do that. It's on the Grand Prairie Nextdoor site.
Posted By: Grit

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:09 PM

We carried guns in rifle racks in our trucks in high school parking lot. Never an issue. Guns were never brought out to settle disputes. We did that with our fists. Different times now.
Posted By: cbump

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:10 PM

Fight, kid pulled gun, 3 shot, no fatalities. Also It was timberview hs in Arlington.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by erathar

Link?
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Grit
We carried guns in rifle racks in our trucks in high school parking lot. Never an issue. Guns were never brought out to settle disputes. We did that with our fists. Different times now.

Yup
Rarely if ever was there not at least one gun in my pickup while parked on campus my soph through senior year.

Guns are not the problem in this country but you will not convince the libs of that.

The problem is the HORRIBLE parenting, or complete lack of it in may circumstances.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

Yup
Rarely if ever was there not at least one gun in my pickup while parked on campus my soph through senior year.

Guns are not the problem in this country but you will not convince the libs of that.

The problem is the HORRIBLE parenting, or complete lack of it in may circumstances.

You could write a book about it.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:27 PM

Yup

Was wondering last night if we need to outlaw single parent homes.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

Yup

Don't need to be outlawed, we just need to stop rewarding it.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:03 PM

Yep
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:07 PM

and if you lost that was the end of it.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:08 PM

Mansfield has gone down hill since they ran the white trash out.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by stinkbelly
Mansfield has gone down hill since they ran the white trash out.

rofl
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:29 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:43 PM

Never would have guessed when they said shooting at high school.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:45 PM

A dodge charger
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:46 PM

Sounds more like a hallway drug buy went south and caps started flying. Not exactly a "school shooter" situation.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
A dodge charger

What are the odds... scratch
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:48 PM

A dodge charger

Dang it! You barely beat me to it.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:50 PM

this is what happens when you teach kids they never loose.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 05:53 PM

Video games are the root of all evil.....

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 06:28 PM

wife said they caught his punk azz.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 06:29 PM

Cell phone video shows him getting his azz whipped by another student, then he opens fire later.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Yep. Too many always being tight.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 06:33 PM

Got into a fight last day of school in 8th grade. Broke my collarbone. We went fishing together all summer! Times have indeed changed.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 06:34 PM

Suspect in custody
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 06:45 PM

Can't believe that young man would carry a pistol to school.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 06:56 PM

and if you lost that was the end of it.

You bring up a good point. Young men and women used to be taught that not everyone was always a winner and that you had to accept loss at times. As hard as it was to deal with not winning, it was necessary for emotional growth. Boys have always rolled around in the grass to settle differences. It was just a part of growing up and accepting that life doesn't always go your way, but it would always push you to do better and learn from your mistakes. Oftentimes, the kid you had a problem with, ended up being your friend after tussling around in the dirt.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by psycho0819
Cell phone video shows him getting his azz whipped by another student, then he opens fire later.

worthless
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 08:08 PM

Mugshot….shocker.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 08:36 PM

thug is in custody
Posted By: chalet

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 08:40 PM

#thuglife
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by cbump

rofl

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Thundervee

rofl

Thank God someone got It. Lol
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 09:43 PM

I will reserve judgment until all of the facts come out. I saw the video and it was very violent. I also read unconfirmed accounts that the shooter was bullied daily by the guy he shot. I don't necessarily condone his actions, but this kid obviously reached his breaking point. I think many armed people would have probably done the same thing if faced with similar circumstances.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
I will reserve judgment until all of the facts come out. I saw the video and it was very violent. I also read unconfirmed accounts that the shooter was bullied daily by the guy he shot. I don't necessarily condone his actions, but this kid obviously reached his breaking point. I think many armed people would have probably done the same thing if faced with similar circumstances.

I was always the smallest in my class and got picked on because of it. Never once did I think about shooting anyone. There were a couple of times things went to far and when they did the bully got the short end of the stick, but never considered shooting anyone. LOL

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

I was always the smallest in my class and got picked on because of it. Never once did I think about shooting anyone. There were a couple of times things went to far and when they did the bully got the short end of the stick, but never considered shooting anyone. LOL

And his whole life changed in an instant.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 10:27 PM

A dodge charger

was it a demon. they love the horns
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 10:30 PM

Sad scene all the way around and I guess a lot of lives changed in that instant...The only ones that'll win on this deal is the lawyers...

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 10:31 PM

there was another rapper that shot up a school in houston last week.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 10:41 PM

where were the prison guards?

fight, pull gun, shoot, leave school and no one seen shhhh. Then turn around and beg him to turn himself in.
Posted By: Poppa

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
A dodge charger

purty high i would say

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 10:59 PM

comparing current events he will be rapping and eating a warm dinner tonight. A totally separate event but this kid in houston gets bonded out for a triple murder. They are enabling this behavior so they can target all of our rights.

Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Poppa
Originally Posted by dkershen
A dodge charger

purty high i would say

I was gonna post this on the other thread...but...I didn't know...parents and kids hurting...but yeah, I noticed that.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 11:03 PM

I can agree with your first statement. You lost me with the last one, though.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

up

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 11:16 PM

A school isn’t the place to shoot someone. I could care less if he went somewhere else and smoked him though. It wasn’t like he doesn’t have the means to go do it off campus, they even gave the description of his hood sled dodge so he had a car.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 11:20 PM

Sad deal for sure! I hate a bully with a passion! Not condoning anything either side it’s just unfortunate.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

A school isn’t the place to shoot someone.

To clarify, I am a father and I hope my kids never encounter such a situation in school. I hope no students are ever even considering bringing guns to their schools. What I am saying is that if somebody is attacking you and violently kicking your [censored] (whether on the street, in a store, etc) and you are armed, you might pull the trigger in self defense.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/06/21 11:48 PM

Where can you see the video?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 12:14 AM

To clarify, I am a father and I hope my kids never encounter such a situation in school. I hope no students are ever even considering bringing guns to their schools. What I am saying is that if somebody is attacking you and violently kicking your [censored] (whether on the street, in a store, etc) and you are armed, you might pull the trigger in self defense.

Did he do that, or did he come back with a weapon seeking vengeance?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Where can you see the video?

https://www.facebook.com/100054160619696/videos/pcb.363724662109551/447310940148086
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 12:45 AM

It is a shame that people are wanting to video, or see video, more than they are willing to stop such behavior. Get out the phones ya'll, someone is getting beat to death!

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
It is a shame that people are wanting to video, or see video, more than they are willing to stop such behavior. Get out the phones ya'll, someone is getting beat to death!

I haven't seen one thing about him being beat to near death. If you have better intel that he was being beat death and pulled a gun to save his life before he lost conciseness please post it up. Based on the videos I've seen, I'm thinking he retrieved a strap from his car or locker and tried to smoke the guy after the fight.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 12:56 AM

It should plastered on every forum so all can see how these animals act in our schools, If your to soft don't watch.

Thank you Trapper.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 01:01 AM

It should plastered on every forum so all can see how these animals act in our schools, If your to soft don't watch.

Thank you Trapper.

up

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 01:03 AM

Ran to his lawyer. Wanna bet he's been in trouble before?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 01:05 AM

FLOYD WOULD APPROVE...
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 01:12 AM

Yup

It's called "Free Range Parenting"
When I grew up dad got home at 5:30 we ate at 6 the whole family at the table. Dinner discussions were school, grades, how your day went, etc. Different times today.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by angus1956

Yup

It's called "Free Range Parenting"
When I grew up dad got home at 5:30 we ate at 6 the whole family at the table. Dinner discussions were school, grades, how your day went, etc. Different times today.

Amen!
Posted By: maximum

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 02:17 AM

There's no excuse for the pos shooting
We need to quit making excuses for people that can't
behave within the boundaries of a civilized society.
If it's your son, you can still love him and should, but
that doesn't make him any less of a pos
There are just people that are no good for anything.
I know of a career thief and doper and dope dealer that
lives here with the enabling grandma and has been to
state prison at least 4 times that I know of, and stayed
at Lew Lew countless times.
He's admitted to me that he regularly steals and has
graduated from pot and meth to shooting heroin and
he loves to get high and would never consider drug
rehab. He has 5 bastard welfare babies that I know of.
There's tens of thousands of useless pos space
wasters just like that with different faces

Let's quit making excuses for them
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 03:24 AM

This is what happened....Got in a fight, went to his car and got the gun, came back into the school. Shot a couple people. Left the school. Tossed the weapon a a couple miles down the road. Got in contact with "his lawyer". Turned himself in.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by DocHorton

This is what happened....Got in a fight, went to his car and got the gun, came back into the school. Shot a couple people. Left the school. Tossed the weapon a a couple miles down the road. Got in contact with "his lawyer". Turned himself in.

Doesn’t exactly sound like self-defense.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 03:36 AM

According to the story I heard from the LEO at the school the kid was a known drug dealer. That is second hand info so cannot verify it.
Also, supposedly, the kid had been bullied by the other kid off and on.

To clarify as well...Timberview is in Arlington, but Mansfield ISD. One of my family members taught there for several years...it's a bit of a rougher school.

https://www.usnews.com/education/be...t/mansfield-timberview-high-school-19507
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 12:01 PM

The little darling will probably skate through the conviction because somebody was mean to him once.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 12:14 PM

The family’s message to the victims of the shooting:

“We have to take a look at the fact that bullying is real, and it takes us all… We ask as a family for forgiveness of any type of hurt.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 01:09 PM

The video shows two bullies. I guarantee the guy getting his tail kicked was talking crap cause he carried a gun. Why didnt he fight back because he is a coward and only picked on weaker people.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 01:13 PM

How does a 17/18 have a lawyer?.......
Posted By: Stub

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 01:19 PM

Maybe he has been in trouble before!

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 01:28 PM

They call them court appointed lawyer. They are free to the bad guy and cost we the people.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
They call them court appointed lawyer. They are free to the bad guy and cost we the people.

Not this time.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 02:49 PM

The video I saw was the shooter seemed to be giving the beating not taking one. The bullying story doesn't quite add up to me...if that's the case, he gave his whipping...be done, go be a kid. Now the POS gets to see what it's like to be an adult.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

Maybe he has been in trouble before!

Yelpppppp, juvenile record I'm sure
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
The video I saw was the shooter seemed to be giving the beating not taking one. The bullying story doesn't quite add up to me...if that's the case, he gave his whipping...be done, go be a kid. Now the POS gets to see what it's like to be an adult.

Seems like a smart family, with a little $, that knows how to play the system.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 03:23 PM

Was that home they were searching where he lived? Looked like a pretty nice home for a hoodie, if it was..

We lived in a nice neighborhood in Garland until the government push to diversify neighborhoods ruined it. That's how we ended up out here.
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
where were the prison guards?

fight, pull gun, shoot, leave school and no one seen shhhh. Then turn around and beg him to turn himself in.

I’ve been asking this question for years!!!
They need to quit giving away free lunches to none students and put that money into hiring guards.
Liberalism,fails every time!!!
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 05:37 PM

news reporting that the shooting suspect has been released?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

Wth?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN

Wth?

His bond was 75,000 that was way to low for the punk.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 07:15 PM

That's BS!

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 07:25 PM

10% of 75,000 = 7500

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 07:26 PM

10% of 75,000 = 7500

He so poor he gotssssss a lawyer….and bonded out in 24hrs roflmao roflmao
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 07:33 PM

10% of 75,000 = 7500

Nice...WTF?
Posted By: soooo

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 08:26 PM

Bail is a right. Look it up.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by soooo

Negative it can be denied. In this situation one would assume he would get denied, he just shot up a school out of anger.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 08:33 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 08:37 PM

10% of 75,000 = 7500

Nice...WTF?

It’s impressively quick, for a “kid” that just shot up a school. I’m really interested in how this plays out now.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 08:38 PM

Negative it can be denied. In this situation one would assume he would get denied, he just shot up a school out of anger.

My question is why was his bail so low should of been at least 500,000.00

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Espy

My question is why was his bail so low should of been at least 500,000.00

I don’t know, but media has really highlighted the lower income demographics of the school.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 08:48 PM

I don’t understand why by the bail was so low either when he shot three people and I hear that he was being charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Why not attempted murder? Where are the charges for having a gun in a gun free zone?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lakhota
I don’t understand why by the bail was so low either when he shot three people and I hear that he was being charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Why not attempted murder? Where are the charges for having a gun in a gun free zone?
you havent been paying attention.
10% of 75,000 = 7500

Nice...WTF?

It’s impressively quick, for a “kid” that just shot up a school. I’m really interested in how this plays out now.

I told you so. Look at video linked above . kid bonded out yesterday for three counts of murder in a different case down in houston . ill say it for the 100th time, they are enabling and using this demographic as a battering ram to come after all of our rights. even letting them out of prisons and jails to run havoc on the law abiding citizen. Their corrupt leaders are running the schools , jails, courts , and media.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 10:34 PM

the books been out since 2015.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dont-make-the-black-kids-angry-mr-colin-flaherty/1121279324

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 10:37 PM

Liberal minded judges in Tarrant County use a cheat sheet that has the type of crime and an amount that the bond should be, 25,000 and 3 victims equals 75,000. They won't deviate from the cheat sheet because they believe little darlings like this one shouldn't have their right to reasonable bail denied. Criminal Attempt Murder and Aggravated Assault are both 2nd degree felonies with Aggravated Assault being much easier to prove. Lessor included crimes are commonly not added because the DA's Office typically doesn't accept them.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 10:38 PM

Was that home they were searching where he lived? Looked like a pretty nice home for a hoodie, if it was..

We lived in a nice neighborhood in Garland until the government push to diversify neighborhoods ruined it. That's how we ended up out here.

the cost of living in chicango, ATL , and new york is OUTRAGEOUS. They cash out and come to Texas and live like kangs and thangs. Besides all the free benefits for a certain skin tone.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 10:41 PM

Liberal minded judges in Tarrant County use a cheat sheet that has the type of crime and an amount that the bond should be, 25,000 and 3 victims equals 75,000. They won't deviate from the cheat sheet because they believe little darlings like this one shouldn't have their right to reasonable bail denied. Criminal Attempt Murder and Aggravated Assault are both 2nd degree felonies with Aggravated Assault being much easier to prove. Lessor included crimes are commonly not added because the DA's Office typically doesn't accept them.

you meant to say commies

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 10:43 PM

They could stack so many more charges but...he's a good boy that others were jealous of! How about illegally possessing a firearm (pistol under 21) and reckless endangerment for throwing it in the street?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 10:45 PM

the privileged class......

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 11:04 PM

POS family is on Nextdoor asking for money!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 11:13 PM

I can tell you one thing RIGHT NOW. If it was a WHITE KID that did the shooting his azz would be sitting in jail with NO BAIL and it would be all over the news everywhere.

Tired of this [censored].

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

I can tell you one thing RIGHT NOW. If it was a WHITE KID that did the shooting his azz would be sitting in jail with NO BAIL and it would be all over the news everywhere.

Yup
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/07/21 11:56 PM

They don't call it Tolerant County for nothing...by the way, where did he get the gun?

Whoever gave him that gun should go to prison too.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by LeonCarr
They don't call it Tolerant County for nothing...by the way, where did he get the gun?

Whoever gave him that gun should go to prison too.

The eTrace will likely come back to the guy who had it stolen out of the console of his truck.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 12:44 AM

Family claiming he was a straight A student never been in trouble Previously in private school but wanted to go to public school for a different experience. I'm sure that's all true...

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 01:03 AM

the caliber of SOME folks we have on our city council, she is also running for mayor. City "leaders" , school board "leaders"......and you wonder why

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 01:13 AM

"Not in her character" That was a good one. roflmao
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 01:28 AM

Think the cops would have brought him food from Burger King?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Originally Posted by Judd

Seems like a smart family, with a little $, that knows how to play the system.

After further research...I was wrong. He isn't the kid delivering the whipping, he was the kid curled up in a ball getting whipped. Sounds like he was being bullied but still that's no excuse for using a gun.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 04:26 PM

After further research...I was wrong. He isn't the kid delivering the whipping, he was the kid curled up in a ball getting whipped. Sounds like he was being bullied but still that's no excuse for using a gun.

Perhaps to stop from getting kicked in the head and receiving life ending injury is an excuse for using a gun?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by BayouGuy

Perhaps to stop from getting kicked in the head and receiving life ending injury is an excuse for using a gun?

Perhaps...if you were of age to own the gun and in a location where having it was legal. Details...they really are important, hence the reason I clarified my previous post. wink

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 04:41 PM

I think for a permit holder (and having a weapon on his or her person) if one was getting their tail kicked and was starting to lose consciousness and the permit holder pulled his or her weapon do defend themselves, they would be within their right to defend themselves. If that permit holder did NOT have their weapon ON them and was getting their tail kicked, but was able to walk away after the incident and then go and retrieve a weapon, proceed back to the guy that kicked your tail and then shoot that person, would it actually be in self defense?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 04:43 PM

I think for a permit holder (and having a weapon on his or her person) if one was getting their tail kicked and was starting to lose consciousness and the permit holder pulled his or her weapon do defend themselves, they would be within their right to defend themselves. If that permit holder did NOT have their weapon ON them and was getting their tail kicked, but was able to walk away after the incident and then go and retrieve a weapon, proceed back to the guy that kicked your tail and then shoot that person, would it actually be in self defense?

BINGO

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/08/21 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford

Think the cops would have brought him food from Burger King?

So that the confession held up in court? So he didn’t walk over rights being violated? Then yes they would of fed before interrogation

Feds where advising from top down on the Dylann stuff, so try again

Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 04:08 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 04:24 AM

Nope, not at all. That doesn't pass the reasonableness test in any way.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 12:35 PM

Nailed it Skinner

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 01:23 PM

The family set up a go fund me for the shooter because he's traumatized. bang
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 01:52 PM

I haven't seen one thing about him being beat to near death. If you have better intel that he was being beat death and pulled a gun to save his life before he lost conciseness please post it up. Based on the videos I've seen, I'm thinking he retrieved a strap from his car or locker and tried to smoke the guy after the fight.

I never said that he pulled a gun to defend himself, nor did I say that he did so before losing conciseness, you did. I do not see how you got that from my post.
I was only commenting on how people pull out a phone and video such things before trying to stop them, regardless how far the beating was to go.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 01:52 PM

The family set up a go fund me for the shooter because he's traumatized. bang

He is so traumatized he had welcome home party. realmad
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 02:24 PM

Taking matters into your own hands is an irrational sentiment I too often see expressed within this forum. As you can see, might not be the best way to go about it.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 05:02 PM

So what would be "reasonable" to you?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 05:09 PM

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 06:23 PM

Your first sentence sounds reasonable to me but your second sentence, where you asked the question, does not. I was just answering the question in the second sentence.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 07:47 PM

Your first sentence sounds reasonable to me but your second sentence, where you asked the question, does not. I was just answering the question in the second sentence.

But you're still not answering my question. If you don't agree with what I said, then what sounds reasonable to you? Do you think the defense would rather have a client that got beat up, left after the incident, retrieved a weapon, came back and shot the guy that beat him up? Or would he had rather have a client that had a weapon on his person and drew that weapon for fear of life and used that weapon in self defense? It's true he never had the weapon on his person, but I needed a comparison to make my point and used the two scenarios. A good prosecutor would probably agree that going to retrieve a weapon after getting beat up shows the defendants life was not in jeopardy.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 08:28 PM

Apparently you are not a holder of a CHL or didn't pay attention in class. There are some very well defined rules you have to follow. If you have walk away to retrieve the weapon, you are no longer in immediate danger, therefore you are not allowed to use deadly force.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit

Apparently you are not a holder of a CHL or didn't pay attention in class. There are some very well defined rules you have to follow. If you have walk away to retrieve the weapon, you are no longer in immediate danger, therefore you are not allowed to use deadly force.

And you are speaking to whom?
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 09:16 PM

The first scenario would be considered self defense. The second would be retaliation. There is a very distinct line between the two.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/09/21 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Grizz

The first scenario would be considered self defense. The second would be retaliation. There is a very distinct line between the two.

That's what I've been saying all along. It's right there in my posts, lol. Are you all trying to turn the meaning of my posts around? Unbelievable.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 01:26 AM

My wife has family that has a grandson that attends that HS and he says it's well known the shooter was a cocaine dealer. The dude he shot was another thug that robbed the shooter a couple of times.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 01:31 AM

My wife has family that has a grandson that attends that HS and he says it's well known the shooter was a cocaine dealer. The dude he shot was another thug that robbed the shooter a couple of times.

that explains a lot...............
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 01:48 AM

A drug deal gone bad has been at the root of a whole lot of supposedly tragic events that go on to be ginned up to "transform" this country. Remember the poor gay boy found dead, wired to a fence post in Wyoming? And all the universities had to implement intensive "tolerance training". It was a dealer (also gay) that killed him.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 01:56 AM

Grit, ntx agreed with you.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
A drug deal gone bad has been at the root of a whole lot of supposedly tragic events that go on to be ginned up to "transform" this country. Remember the poor gay boy found dead, wired to a fence post in Wyoming? And all the universities had to implement intensive "tolerance training". It was a dealer (also gay) that killed him.

there was one the news was saying (up north) that these young entrepreneurs/ music artist were selling water at the intersection to make a buck. One of them was gunned down selling bottled water and oh what a shame , po kid trying to make money. Then the locals come out and say they kids are selling drugs and using and using the bottle water for cover. It was another aspiring rapper/ drug dealer that killed the kid

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 02:38 AM

Grit, ntx agreed with you.

Thanks, cbump. I guess I just misunderstood what he was trying to say. I apologize for being a butt.

Ntx why didn't you just say that you agreed when you noticed I had misunderstood you? No one said anything so assumed they were either not reading my posts in full or not fully understanding what I was trying to say.

This is what I hate about forums. Don't get me wrong and I'm glad to be here, but expressing yourself can be real iffy on a place like this. A failure to express ones self in a way that one would want to be understood has probably cause more unnecessary aguments between people than almost any other thing.......besides political disagreements, lol.

Anyway, I'm sorry for babbling. I love you guys, you're my Texas brothers. This place can be draining at times. Some of you are hard to figure out. I'm still learning about each of you. No, I won't psychologically profile you.

roflmao

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 02:39 AM

That's what I've been saying all along. It's right there in my posts, lol. Are you all trying to turn the meaning of my posts around? Unbelievable.

I was confirming what you posted, just the Reader's Digest version.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 02:53 AM

Thanks, Grizz. What about Old Rabbit comment? That confused me as well.

I know what it is now. The comments are stacked on top of each other and that could confuse one as to who he or she thinks they are responding to. Does that make sense? Lack of communication doesn't help either. Oh, I forgot, that's a guy thing.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 03:20 AM

I know what it is now. The comments are stacked on top of each other and that could confuse one as to who he or she thinks they are responding to. Does that make sense? Lack of communication doesn't help either. Oh, I forgot, that's a guy thing.

No worries. I'm pretty sure ntxtrapper's comment was focused on the second scenario in your post not being reasonable under the law. I think Old Rabbit's post was focusing on the same thing. My perception was that you knew the answer and that you were posting the scenario for the sake of argument. He may have thought you didn't know the answer.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 03:26 AM

No worries. I'm pretty sure ntxtrapper's comment was focused on the second scenario in your post not being reasonable under the law. I think Old Rabbit's post was focusing on the same thing. My perception was that you knew the answer and that you were posting the scenario for the sake of argument. He may have thought you didn't know the answer.

Gotcha! This typing online is not the same as old fashion in person. I miss the old days.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 03:38 AM

You sure can complicate things. You asked a question, and it was answered. Things went sideways from there because you either can’t read or were looking for a fight. None of this is that difficult. You just got busted.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 03:50 AM

You sure can complicate things. You asked a question, and it was answered. Things went sideways from there because you either can’t read or were looking for a fight. None of this is that difficult. You just got busted.

Whatever you say, Sneaky. You have a good night.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 04:19 AM

You too. Don’t mind me. I’m an idiot.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 11:24 AM

You're not an idiot. Sometimes I get too much into the weeds. Sometimes I just talk too much.

cheers

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 11:39 AM

You're not an idiot. Sometimes I get too much into the weeds. Sometimes I just talk too much.

cheers

Don't argue with him when he is right.
Posted By: Dodge_Rock

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 11:48 AM

Let's say you're a new kid in high school. Gang beats you up daily outside the school & also steals your money. One day, they decide it would be a grin to strip you naked, take all your clothes, books, and steal your phone too, all while a large crowd of other high school kids watched. None of the perps get in trouble. Next, they begin to beat you in the hallways inside school. Then, they begin beating you in the classroom, beating the teacher that is trying to help as well. Let's also say the new kid's parents visited with the school several times when the violence against their son began and no action was taken.

Hypothetical scenario? presented above, but how would you defend yourself, or how would you help/instruct your son or daughter to handle the situation if it were to happen to them? Turn the other cheek?

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge_Rock

Let's say you're a new kid in high school. Gang beats you up daily outside the school & also steals your money. One day, they decide it would be a grin to strip you naked, take all your clothes, books, and steal your phone too, all while a large crowd of other high school kids watched. None of the perps get in trouble. Next, they begin to beat you in the hallways inside school. Then, they begin beating you in the classroom, beating the teacher that is trying to help as well. Let's also say the new kid's parents visited with the school several times when the violence against their son began and no action was taken.

Hypothetical scenario? presented above, but how would you defend yourself, or how would you help/instruct your son or daughter to handle the situation if it were to happen to them? Turn the other cheek?

Home school.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

cheers

Don't argue with him when he is right.

I love your humor.
roflmao

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 02:43 PM

The shooter came from private school. Family has money. Why not go back to private school if it was so bad? My guess is he got kicked out of private school.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 04:47 PM

excellent scenario , now that our schools are the equivalent of a mini prison yard.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 05:13 PM

sheriff gets it. A totally different case but around the 12 minute mark he stated the bail reform carp is encourage this violence. Sad thing is Florida seems to be taking a better stance on crime than Texas is .....

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 05:17 PM

cheers

Sativa hybrid will do that to ya.

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 05:43 PM

cheers

Sativa hybrid will do that to ya.

roflmao
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/10/21 06:16 PM

better off without both of the thugs
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/11/21 01:03 AM

Grit, no problems. I guess I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

I understood what you were saying and agreed with you till you posted "So what would be "reasonable" to you?". I thought you were saying you thought he acted "reasonable".

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/24/21 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tin Head

that explains a lot...............

looks like you were correct.....So much wrong in the news video. The officers come out blowing smoke, tell the half truth then go on on how they are going to files max charges , then dont. Then you have to parents at a school meeting calling for some one else to pay to fix this, uhhh, its your kids.........The parents want a maximum security prison for their kids school. Then the wrap up the video with claims of racism in a area that 200K500K homes surrounding the school. The stupidity in Texas never used to be at this level....

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/24/21 12:33 AM

Wowsers, algorithms! That be the answer. Somes smart peoples up there protecting students with algorithms. So grateful these peoples are in positions of leadership. Algorithms. Protecting the peoples of color with chance mathematics. Roll the dice.

Disgusting. Spit, spit!

Re: Shooting at Mansfield high? - 10/24/21 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Grit, no problems. I guess I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

I understood what you were saying and agreed with you till you posted "So what would be "reasonable" to you?". I thought you were saying you thought he acted "reasonable".

OR, I'm so sorry I just saw this. I don't how I missed your post. It's been 13 days since you posted. I guess I thought the thread was dead, but somehow I missed it.

Anyway, we're good. Like I said before, it's a lot easier communicating in person than it is online. Not exactly the best place to get to know somebody.

Thanks, neighbor!
cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum