Texas Hunting Forum

Lifetime Guys

Posted By: Hunt Dog

Lifetime Guys - 07/15/21 11:41 PM

I was jumping around like Navin R Johnson when the new phonebooks came out.
Got my card in the mail today telling me I can go get my new Lifetime Combo License tags as of August 15, 2021.

Bought my Lifetime as a present to myself for my 30th birthday 30 years ago just before they went from $500.00 to 1000.00. It's been a great RoI.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/15/21 11:45 PM

I bought mine when they were $1200 for both or $800 each for hunting or fishing.

15 years ago.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/15/21 11:47 PM

I should have my rear end kicked because I didn’t buy my Texas one before they got to expensive to justify them but I have my Oklahoma and Kansas lifetime license.
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/16/21 03:46 AM

Bought mine the same time Hunt Dog did. Best investment I ever made.

JR
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/16/21 04:02 AM

Never did get Texas but have my Lifetime Non Res Okie.
Posted By: Sailor

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/16/21 04:49 AM

Mine is free. (well sorta). banana
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/16/21 05:39 AM

I did the lifetime Combo before the first big increase. It has been nice. I had set money aside for the Oklahoma lifetime non resident hunting and when I went to buy it, found out they did away with it like two months before. Still mad at myself on that one. I had forgot they were on a true calendar year unlike Texas. I did get the OK lifetime fishing for like $200 bucks, then later for all my family members for $250. That has really paid off. I got the CO lifetime habitat stamp the first year it was offered. It has easily paid for itself by now. I think it has had a few increases since that first year.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/16/21 10:39 AM

Let me get this right. Police will check your hunting and fishing licenses and ticket you, but they will not check a person for a greencard since it's federal law and they don't enforce federal law?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/16/21 11:55 AM

I am not sure about how many years I have left.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/16/21 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am not sure about how many years I have left.

Who is?
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/16/21 12:20 PM

I got my lifetime hunting/fishing when they were $1000. 2009 or so. I got the note that says I can get my tags printed on August 15.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/17/21 07:15 AM

Got my Kansas license a few years back but never got a Texas one. With the lifetime price increase and the free super combo for active duty, I doubt it would ever pay for itself.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Lifetime Guys - 07/17/21 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Let me get this right. Police will check your hunting and fishing licenses and ticket you, but they will not check a person for a greencard since it's federal law and they don't enforce federal law?

If you have a suppressor, they check that it is legal. Maybe after September 1, that will not be the case.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum