Texas Hunting Forum

Dang Rain Won’t Stop..

Posted By: Ol Thumper

Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:08 PM

I know some of you guys need rain but it simply won’t stop up here,,, I’m over it 100%, another 2-5”s through tonight. Can you guys needing the water bring some buckets up here and take some home with you,, Pretty Please!!!!!! No severe weather or so they say, we will probably get wiped out by one now since they say we’re good. Getting hammered at the moment though,
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:10 PM

Man we can’t get much either, feast or famine
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:11 PM

Father prays for it to come our way every sunday... we are trying lol
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:15 PM

Few sprinkles last night.
Posted By: John2

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:23 PM

Rained here a little while ago now it's a mist almost like a little fog.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:30 PM

I was talking with a farmer in April, it was dry then but I told him that rain is like sex - you can get caught up in a hurry.

We're all caught up.....on both.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:33 PM

Out here, the water can be going over the spillway, and we will still want some rain. I still remember my first drought in the early 50's. Tanks dried up, cotton and grain crops failed. Pastures looked like they had been sprayed with defoliants.

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by John2

That’s how it was here all morning, it was like coastal fog moving 20 mph. Really weird weather today, wind would blow really hard and then complete silence and then pour down rain and silence lol
Right now it’s so dark the street lights are on and completely calm, like that silence before the big giant tornado wipes you out kinda calm.
Their isn’t a sound to be heard outside either, really weird weather today to say the least.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

That’s how it was here all morning, it was like coastal fog moving 20 mph. Really weird weather today, wind would blow really hard and then complete silence and then pour down rain and silence lol
Right now it’s so dark the street lights are on and completely calm, like that silence before the big giant tornado wipes you out kinda calm.
Their isn’t a sound to be heard outside either, really weird weather today to say the least.

Hear any freight trains?
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:42 PM

Felt some this morning nothing now.

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 05:50 PM

My yard does not need mowing as much as I need to mow.

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3

Hear any freight trains?

Not yet, I’ve heard more than my fair share of those things when I lived in Oklahoma though biggest being an F4. When your ears start popping it’s to late to run, that much I know first hand to unfortunately.
Posted By: glens

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
My yard does not need mowing as much as I need to mow.

Wha?? Martunie's for lunch? Priceless?

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 07:02 PM

Hear any freight trains?

Not yet, I’ve heard more than my fair share of those things when I lived in Oklahoma though biggest being an F4. When your ears start popping it’s to late to run, that much I know first hand to unfortunately.

I spent a few nights in the cellar when I lived there in my younger days as a kid .
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 07:42 PM

I know some of you guys need rain but it simply won’t stop up here,,, I’m over it 100%, another 2-5”s through tonight. Can you guys needing the water bring some buckets up here and take some home with you,, Pretty Please!!!!!! No severe weather or so they say, we will probably get wiped out by one now since they say we’re good. Getting hammered at the moment though,

Remember this about 15 August.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 07:51 PM

Yep August we'll be crying for rain. Let it keep raining. My pastures look pretty weak even with fertilizer and sprayed for weeds.
RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 07:55 PM

Hear any freight trains?

Ditto, happened to me twice up there.

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 08:09 PM

Don't want a repeat of 2011
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 08:12 PM

34 and snowing here.

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 08:14 PM

You guys wanting the water bring the buckets on up, 2”s in the last hour n half alone. We’re about to loose some equipment that I thought we had well outside the flooding area. Rains ok, flooding’s an entirely different beast I can do without. Damn insurance companies going to love me tomorrow hammer
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 08:20 PM

Put that system in reverse and bring it back out here. PLEASE.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 08:28 PM

Hope we get some rain here.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 10:23 PM

What is rain?
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 10:50 PM

in about a month they well be telling us we are in historic droughts

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/10/21 11:15 PM

No help in sight here.

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 02:52 AM

Raining right now like a cow p'ing on a flat rock.

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 03:55 AM

We also got hit with over golf ball sized hail tonight, it tore all kinds of crap up. So to summarize today, 2 tractors flooded under water, roof destroyed and trucks beat to hell. Stick a fork in me I’m done, 2020 and 21 can kiss my entire bung holeo!!! I want on food stamps and government assistance,,,

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 11:27 AM

Update. My current forecast is now 70%.
Posted By: don k

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 11:29 AM

We had a 60% forecast last nite and did not get a drop.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 11:33 AM

I got about 4 inches last night.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by yotehater

roflmao
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 12:19 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 12:22 PM

I decided to mow Monday just incase we got too much rain to mow later in the week. Well we got 3.64" of rain between the time I finished moving and 6:00 AM this morning. Calling for another inch or so today. Still have water standing in the yard and the bar ditch is still flowing. Like some said, wish we could save some for summer.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 12:23 PM

We also got hit with over golf ball sized hail tonight, it tore all kinds of crap up. So to summarize today, 2 tractors flooded under water, roof destroyed and trucks beat to hell. Stick a fork in me I’m done, 2020 and 21 can kiss my entire bung holeo!!! I want on food stamps and government assistance,,,

Been there and done that twice in the last 5 years but much larger than golf balls.
Biggest this last time was about 4" in diameter. 2016 was much worse than that.

I know it sucks man.....hang in there.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by angus1956
Yep August we'll be crying for rain. Let it keep raining. My pastures look pretty weak even with fertilizer and sprayed for weeds.
RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!

Amen brother!!!

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

roflmao

chicken

troll

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 02:54 PM

loser8

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 02:59 PM

loser8

The radar showed some near you this morning. Another close but no cigar? confused2
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 03:49 PM

DANG! - sorry to hear that! no words...

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 06:59 PM

Well guess what ?,it came back with those big ol drops. Maybe it drowned those skeeters ? confused2
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 07:03 PM

I have 3 farm bridges in danger of washing out.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 09:07 PM

It just drizzled here. It's been a few months since I've seen rain here
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 09:20 PM

We just had a shower move in. Tomatoes are loving it! No rain since weekend before last, and a loooong time before that precipitation. Just don’t need any more hail.

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 09:25 PM

Been raining pretty hard at times for the last hour-hour and half and looks like it's slowing down right now.Weather says it's going to rain til after 6 pm here.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 10:19 PM

Plenty rain an fast here. Little pond in front of my house catches all the storm water runoff from whole neighborhood. I may start a thread to see if y’all can advise me on how to fix my erosion/drainage issue when the runoff goes over my tank dam. Been fine for years then a few rains ago it starts eating away fast. Lots of construction uphill so more water running instead of soaking an pond getting shallower.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 10:21 PM

I hate you guys.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 11:15 PM

Another system is coming this next weekend with another 40% chance of more rain.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/11/21 11:30 PM

We have good chance of rain all next week!

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/12/21 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
loser8

The radar showed some near you this morning. Another close but no cigar? confused2

We got a very slight drizzle for a few minutes.

This evening we got probably 1/4" and wind

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/12/21 11:41 AM

Only wind for me.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/12/21 01:02 PM

And it won’t stop for the next week
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/12/21 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit
And it won’t stop for the next week

Just Scattered in our area in North Texas.......
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/12/21 01:23 PM

Don't complain about it. Come July and August you'll be praying for it.

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/13/21 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Well we got 3.64" of rain between the time I finished moving and 6:00 AM this morning. Calling for another inch or so today.

Wow, almost 4 inches again. The flatlanders will call bs on that. Or they just troll me.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/13/21 09:19 PM

Well we got 3.64" of rain between the time I finished moving and 6:00 AM this morning. Calling for another inch or so today.

Wow, almost 4 inches again. The flatlanders will call bs on that. Or they just troll me.

We've gotten a ridiculous amount as well in VZ county where I'm at. Can't even get in my pastures.

Looks like another 2-4 (will end up being 6" I'm sure with our luck) is coming next week. Yay bang

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/13/21 09:23 PM

Still waiting.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/13/21 09:28 PM

roflmao Never called BS or trolled you, was just funnin' with ya. Was a joke.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Dang Rain Won’t Stop.. - 05/13/21 09:30 PM

We've had 10.5" since april 29th.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum