Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone Fishing Tomorrow?

Posted By: Ol Thumper

Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 06:50 PM

If anyone’s going fishing tomorrow in NE Tx and needs a side kick that will pay for all the day’s activities let me know, I rarely have free time. this time of the year but I do and want to fish tomorrow. Couldn’t find a guide so I’m going the next best route, bribery smile. Beer, food, gas, I don’t care, have cash, reloading Trade’s baits, whatever. Holla cheers
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 06:59 PM

I wanted to go this weekend, but that wind forecast of 20 - 30 has made me decide against it. Think I'll go to the pasture and pick up rocks instead.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:04 PM

Yup, gonna be real windy.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:04 PM

Well crap, 15-25 here to, maybe I should have thought this through a little more lol Maybe I’ll buy a case of cool aid and a kite
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:16 PM

Go find a bridge on a lake and sit under it and fish. Pick the down wind side, take some beer and food and relax and save money.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:37 PM

I bet MathGeek is ==== up
Posted By: glens

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:45 PM

Can I bring my Gun and shoot um???

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

In a Cajun accent, Whodat?
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:48 PM

10-20 where I'm going.

You can't rule out windy or wet days in the Spring in Texas. If you do, you'll never go fishing.
And the fish are already wet, wind doesn't bother them.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:56 PM

Wind is Gonna blow 20-30 mph around here tomorrow. So no fishing. I have a giant water slide that my neighbor is gonna use for a birthday party. Gonna have to stake it down real good.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:56 PM

Ok Thumper, you don’t need a boat to catch them right now, all you need is a jigging pole, jigs, and a pair of waders on just about any lake in NE Texas right now in 1-2.5 feet of water, go get them.

Don’t ask me how I know but I have an ice chest with 25 crappie in it right now on ice waiting to be cleaned I caught this morning in 1-2 feet, half of them are big females full of eggs too, it ain’t over yet.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...t-bass-like-fish-in-a-barrel#Post8259321
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

10-20 where I'm going.

You can't rule out windy or wet days in the Spring in Texas. If you do, you'll never go fishing.

According to the Pro’s the wind is your friend. Guess that’s why I’m not a pro.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 07:59 PM

What an A$$hat trout You got me good on that one snapper head,,, your owed one now buddy roflmao
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie

10-20 where I'm going.

According to the Pro’s the wind is your friend. Guess that’s why I’m not a pro.

Yes and they have huge trolling motors, automatically keep you where you are, Power Poles. The pros handle a trolling motor direction and speed like.....well.....a pro
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 08:29 PM

I am not getting in my kayak with 25 mph gusts.

Might find a creek.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
I wanted to go this weekend, but that wind forecast of 20 - 30 has made me decide against it. Think I'll go to the pasture and pick up rocks instead.

I never postponed a fishing trip due to wind, I ain't no fair weather fisherman..........

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 08:46 PM

What an A$$hat trout You got me good on that one snapper head,,, your owed one now buddy roflmao

cool2
Posted By: Guy

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 08:50 PM

10-20 where I'm going.

Especially if you go just once a week like I do. The morning should not be too bad. I plan to give it a shot, but I will launch in a wind protected ramp, and I'll stay close to the ramp.
Posted By: glens

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 09:13 PM

Call Captain (Hammer) Hammond, Coastal Connection, Surfside Tx. and let Him take you back bay fishing. He's a good un.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 09:21 PM

It was kind of you to offer no matter what.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by glens
Call Captain (Hammer) Hammond, Coastal Connection, Surfside Tx. and let Him take you back bay fishing. He's a good un.

If I left now I might could get thr by daylight roflmao
Posted By: JCB

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 09:26 PM

Go to Bass Pro Shops and get you a rod and reel. Spool up some line on it and tie on a Zoom Super Fluke. Walk over to the giant aquarium they have there and take a few casts. I bet you could land a double digit before security kicks you out. scared

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Go to Bass Pro Shops and get you a rod and reel. Spool up some line on it and tie on a Zoom Super Fluke. Walk over to the giant aquarium they have there and take a few casts. I bet you could land a double digit before security kicks you out. scared

If I go that far might as well put on a speedo and some goggles and go far a swim, either way I’m betting I’m not catching anything but a
pair of handcuffs and a nut check on isle 6. The cuffs are a nice deterrent but it’s the fondling of the gonads I’m not really keen on,,
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

If I go that far might as well put on a speedo and some goggles and go far a swim, either way I’m betting I’m not catching anything but a
pair of handcuffs and a nut check on isle 6. The cuffs are a nice deterrent but it’s the fondling of the gonads I’m not really keen on,,

Let me know if you do - that would be worth a watch
Posted By: cbump

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 11:44 PM

I’m going to Bridgeport tomorrow if you want to come and bring that 22!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by cbump

Why the 22 ?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/07/21 11:50 PM

Well crapola, I would have if I’d known sooner. Made plans already to have the T Tracks put in the reloading bench and then head to Tyler.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

Why the 22 ?

Because I bought It from him.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 01:48 AM

My wife is in Tyler right now. What time you going?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 01:59 AM

Not exactly sure yet, will depend on how long the project takes but it’s going to definitely be later in the afternoon to possibly evening.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 02:08 AM

Going to be to windy !☹️

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 03:25 PM

Tomorrow is today did y'all catch any?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 03:27 PM

There you go again.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 03:31 PM

If anyone’s going fishing tomorrow in NE Tx and needs a side kick that will pay for all the day’s activities let me know, I rarely have free time. this time of the year but I do and want to fish tomorrow. Couldn’t find a guide so I’m going the next best route, bribery smile. Beer, food, gas, I don’t care, have cash, reloading Trade’s baits, whatever. Holla cheers

sorry bud, we fished all night
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 03:37 PM

There you go again.

confused2 yesterday he didnt go 🎣ing...
flag
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

10-20 where I'm going.

Especially if you go just once a week like I do. The morning should not be too bad. I plan to give it a shot, but I will launch in a wind protected ramp, and I'll stay close to the ramp.

Do you think you will be able to catch as many as mohunter?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by colt.45

There you go again.

flag

When the day arrives that you're now calling "tomorrow," you will call that day "today" and a different day will be called "tomorrow." (Therefore, you should not resolve to do something tomorrow, since that day will never arrive.) cool2

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 04:00 PM

There you go again.

flag

When the day arrives that you're now calling "tomorrow," you will call that day "today" and a different day will be called "tomorrow." (Therefore, you should not resolve to do something tomorrow, since that day will never arrive.) cool2

confused2 so he's not going 🎣ing ?

edit : besides, yesterday twas todays, day be for, & i twas a thinking, go 🎣ing tomorrow & today's, i am gone 🎣ing...

flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by ndhunter
Originally Posted by Guy

10-20 where I'm going.

Originally Posted by Guy

10-20 where I'm going.

Sure he will, he has Livescope, he’ll catch more quicker than me and they’ll all be bigger than mine, right.
It’s all about the Livescope!
From what I hear, all you have to do is turn it on and the fish just jump in the boat...

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 11:05 PM

Wind got too strong around noon.
Beached the boat and walked the bank.
Caught 20 up to 4 pounds on Ribbits, swimbaits and Stik-os.

Go get em.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 11:08 PM

Thump if you ever want to fish for reds and specks and can make it my way you have an open invitation.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
Thump if you ever want to fish for reds and specks and can make it my way you have an open invitation.

I drove through Lake Jackson when I was headed to SLP.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 11:27 PM

That’s awful nice of you sir, I appreciate the invitation up I’ve never caught a Red or a Speck but I’ve always wanted to.. My salt water trips have always been a hundred miles out.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/08/21 11:34 PM

We saw quite a few people out today at Cameron Lake in Abilene fishing along the banks.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 01:13 AM

So did anyone catch any fish today?
I may take the boat out and go check some spots tomorrow but doubt I will try to fish in this wind.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by JCB
I may take the boat out and go check some spots tomorrow but doubt I will try to fish in this wind.

Beats the snot out of staying home.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by JCB

Beats the snot out of staying home.

I'm sick of staying home too.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by JCB

Yes of course, fish are still well into the spawn, The shallow but is good.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 02:50 AM

That’s awful nice of you sir, I appreciate the invitation up I’ve never caught a Red or a Speck but I’ve always wanted to.. My salt water trips have always been a hundred miles out.

Once you go salt you never fish fresh fish again unless it is only for sport.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 04:29 AM

I drove through Lake Jackson when I was headed to SLP.

Bill you ever want to go just hit me up.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 04:32 AM

Those kind of trips can be incredible. I’ve only been offshore like that in Mexico and where I’ve been we didn’t have to run out that far at that. I do want to do a bill fish trip at some point.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 05:48 AM

Man today was the roughest water I’ve ever been out in on a lake! Like freaking offshore conditions. Had a good time though and brought home 11 to clean and threw back about 40. Sandies, crappie, and this 19” hybrid.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 12:23 PM

Nice haul. Looks as if there was a little tint in the water near the bank. I would have called it ," near the shore," in salt water.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 01:28 PM

Going again on Thursday.
Expecting much better weather conditions.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 07:15 PM

Took the boat out for about 2.5 hours. Found fish in 1’-2’ of water. Brought home a mixed bag of 66 fish. [Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 07:35 PM

Dude that is impressive!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Took the boat out for about 2.5 hours. Found fish in 1’-2’ of water. Brought home a mixed bag of 66 fish. [Linked Image]

Sounds great, got to love catching them shallow, I know I do, congrats!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 09:02 PM

I like my crappie fried. Minnows or jigs?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/09/21 10:19 PM

We started off with jigs and Road Runners and caught about 25% on those. Then the wind got to whippin pretty good so I picked up a bait I have been building for a couple of years now and started catching them one right after another. Tied one on for Dad and he started whackin them too. Broke off a nice Blue Cat as well when my line got wrapped around his fins. Its very rare that i use minnows. Nothing against using them, I just feel I can catch just as many with artificial.

Funny thing is I had no intention of really fishing today. I just wanted to run the boat around and check a few spots. Told Dad we might be there an hour and thats it. Wasnt my fault the fish were at the first spot I looked. roflmao

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/10/21 03:06 AM

Big fish of the day today. Not big at all

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/10/21 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by JCB

We started off with jigs and Road Runners and caught about 25% on those. Then the wind got to whippin pretty good so I picked up a bait I have been building for a couple of years now and started catching them one right after another. Tied one on for Dad and he started whackin them too. Broke off a nice Blue Cat as well when my line got wrapped around his fins. Its very rare that i use minnows. Nothing against using them, I just feel I can catch just as many with artificial.

Funny thing is I had no intention of really fishing today. I just wanted to run the boat around and check a few spots. Told Dad we might be there an hour and thats it. Wasnt my fault the fish were at the first spot I looked. roflmao

Good stuff. The only thing better than slaying the fish, is slaying the fish with your Dad. Some of the best memories ever.

Enjoy Sir.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/10/21 11:11 AM

Big fish of the day today. Not big at all

[Linked Image]

Don`t knock it. Beats the snot out of staying home. cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/10/21 01:22 PM

Most of the bass in the spots where I fish are post-spawn.
Try topwaters for some real fun.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/10/21 01:35 PM

Top waters for bass? I had no idea. I am the worlds worst bass fisherman haha. I get hung up and catch sticks on 10:1 casts!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/10/21 03:27 PM

I couldn’t get this guy to bite anything. He was only 1.5 pounds or so so I gave up on him lol.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/10/21 04:16 PM

hook a live crawdad and toss it in there.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/10/21 04:26 PM

Nice haul

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/10/21 04:28 PM

Nice !
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/11/21 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by mohunter
Originally Posted by Guy

10-20 where I'm going.

Originally Posted by Guy

10-20 where I'm going.

Sure he will, he has Livescope, he’ll catch more quicker than me and they’ll all be bigger than mine, right.
It’s all about the Livescope!
From what I hear, all you have to do is turn it on and the fish just jump in the boat...

Pardon my stuttering. I must admit those were some pretty good size filets he fried up. Can you catch good sized ones without a Livescope? LOL.
I just like trolling Guy about his crappie fishing. He is going to have to get himself another freezer.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/11/21 01:14 PM

Mohunter just got a livescope, so he really can’t troll me for having one any more. I knew he would get eventually get one, you can only fight the technology so long. You will not find any pro crappie fishermen without one, the pros were the first to use them.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/11/21 04:50 PM

This was my set-up back in 2018, maybe I should go back to this, then I can troll mohunter for having a livescope lol.

[Linked Image]

This was my catch that day, I didn't catch limits, but enough for dinner.

[Linked Image]

I used that one little screen for maps, downscan and 3d sonar. To find the fish, I would do split screen maps/down scan, I see something, I marketed it, circle back and fished it.

[Linked Image]

The quality of the downscan images really on par with livescope..The problem with downscan, by the time you go back to fish it, throw buoy, drop your jig, the fish could be gone. If you are not catching them, you don't know if they are gone or if they are just not biting. I would try and use 3d sonar to see the "live" fish, but that does not work good with crappie. That is where livescope shines. Fishing stripers and whitebass, 3d sonar works fine, you see a bunch of red below you know they are there, you don't need livescope. A lot of pro striper fisherman do not use livescope, not the case tho for crappie.

[Linked Image]

Last season I was really going after limits, that will not be the case this year. I just enjoy getting out on the water with my dog, umbrella, coffee, relax and put a few in the cooler. This season I do want to catch some big ones on Fork.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/11/21 07:47 PM

Lavon.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/11/21 08:05 PM

Lavon.

Don't act like you looked at those pics and can tell it is Lavon, I told you before I fish Lavon. It's 20 minutes from my house, great for catching a bunch of small ones.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/11/21 09:49 PM

busted

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/11/21 10:12 PM

Hey Guy. You need to trim your toenails. bolt

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/11/21 10:59 PM

Hey Guy. You need to trim your toenails. bolt

Bill, you know that is an oxymoron and my feet look awesome. Mohunter is 25 years younger than me and I bet my feet look better.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/11/21 11:17 PM

I’ll be 51 next month Guy but no doubt you “look” at least 25 years older than me...

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/11/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by mohunter
I’ll be 51 next month Guy but no doubt you “look” at least 25 years older than me...

Busted. I just assumed you were 25 years younger. roflmao

Really, mohunter is ripped, and I'm sure he catches more fish and kills more ducks than anyone on this forum or TFF, that's no BS.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/16/21 12:26 AM

Had a 3 fish tourney today. My boy beat my 3 with these 2.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/16/21 12:30 AM

Excellent! Great pics Sir.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/16/21 12:31 AM

banana

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/16/21 01:13 AM

Nice fish!

Me and Dad got on the water at 6:30am and were off the water by 10:30am. We were going to go after Crappie but he forgot the graphs. hammer I told him where the shad should be spawning and we could probably catch some Sandbass feeding on them so we made the run over there. We caught them every cast for about an hour and probably caught 125-150 total before the wind got to be a problem. They were all really big ones as well. Ended up throwing them all back since I have a years supply already in the freezer.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/16/21 01:16 AM

Only pic I took today.[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/16/21 01:25 AM

Pure greatness.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/16/21 03:28 PM

Had a nice trip last Thursday morning.
Arrived to find a slight north breeze blowing into the southern bank with scattered grass and cloud cover.
Tied on a black buzzbait and a Bull Ribbit.

Caught 13 up to 5 lbs in about 2 hours on the buzzbait. They were crashing it.
What fun.
When they slam a topwater like that, I’m 20 years old again. The world fades away.

Afterwards, they clammed up so I loaded the boat and went home.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/21/21 06:50 PM

Caught 18 this morning at a little spot about 40 minutes from home.
Cloud cover and a slight breeze positioned the fish in very shallow water, waiting for my pumpkin colored chatter bait to motor by.
They also savagedly attacked a big Ribbit frog.
Biggest ones were 4+.

another day in paradise.

Posted By: MikeC

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/21/21 07:08 PM

We're supposed to go striper fishing tomorrow afternoon but if the weather forecast is anywhere close to accurate it's not looking good!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/21/21 07:53 PM

Stripers LOVE bad weather. Go. Might be the trip of a lifetime.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/21/21 09:26 PM

Great striper trip on Texoma with a limit in 2 hours. Actually threw back 12-15 that were 20"+.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 02:02 PM

I caught a couple hundred this week

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 02:34 PM

I'm a salty. One of these days I'm gonna make a striper trip. I've cooked & eaten stripers at Ramsey's, but I've never caught one.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
I caught a couple hundred this week

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 07:40 PM

Started the day striper fishing but It was slow and only caught one. My buddy left at 11 and I bass fished for about 1.5 more hours.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 08:29 PM

food

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 09:02 PM

Before and after

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 09:07 PM

I thinki’ve been eating over cooked fish my whole life. Did three minutes and these are the best I’ve ever had

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 09:26 PM

With Texas Caviar no less. cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 09:28 PM

12 keepers today...

[Linked Image]

Biggest one 13.5 inches, smallest 10.5. If it was close to 10 I let it go.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 10:06 PM

I’ll be out there again tomorrow

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 10:17 PM

Before and after

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks great! food

Not sure if you like sweet potato but I bought a bag of sweet potato tater tots from Walmart this morning and fried them with my Sandbass for lunch. They were incredible!! Think the brand was Alexia or something like that. Hate to say it but they might have been better than the fish.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 10:19 PM

I will probably be out on the water somewhere tomorrow. Will get up about 5am and look at the weather and decide where to go. Pretty much got everything from Crappie gear to Bass gear in the boat so Im ready no matter what lake I head off to.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 10:24 PM

Looks awesome and delicious !

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
I will probably be out on the water somewhere tomorrow. Will get up about 5am and look at the weather and decide where to go. Pretty much got everything from Crappie gear to Bass gear in the boat so Im ready no matter what lake I head off to.

You're lucky day. Be glad it is not saltwater. The color is chocolate milkshake.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 10:27 PM

I love sweet potato. Will have to try those.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

You're lucky day. Be glad it is not saltwater. The color is chocolate milkshake.

Got a feeling the lakes around here aint much different. Even before the week of rain we just had the water clarity where I have been catching them was about 12" at best. It will be probably less than half of that now.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 10:28 PM

I’ll go once or twice a week now until it gets too hot. Then early am or late pm only for a while.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 10:49 PM

Before and after

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

up
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 11:11 PM

I'm heading out in the morning to go after some Linesiders.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/22/21 11:47 PM

Solid.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/23/21 04:27 PM

Slow and steady but we still catching them. Makin a move now. [Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/23/21 04:31 PM

Pure greatness. cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/23/21 07:41 PM

Headed to the lake!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/23/21 07:43 PM

Got the 2 man limit. [Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/23/21 10:47 PM

Short report:

Today was pretty incredible but it didnt start that way. Got up at 5am and and there was rain sitting right on top of the lake we wanted to go to so we waited it out and got to the ramp about 9:30am. First spot was a bust. Lost two fish there but that was it. Next spot we had a pretty good little flurry of action and then it tapered off. Made the decision to run clear to the other arm of the lake and that was the best decision of the day. We ended up filling our two man limit of Crappie there and left them biting. I would say we caught pretty close to 100 Crappie with about 60% being keeper size and the others being short. We managed to do that while only losing 1 jig in 4.5 hours.

Now here is the kicker and its something I have never tried to do and may regret not going for it. In addition to the 2 man limit of Crappie I am 99.99% certain we could have done a 2 man limit of Sandbass as well. We found 2 spots that were absolutely loaded with them but we didnt even mess with them because we were dead set on Crappie. If it had been Saturday I might have tried it but I didnt want to have to clean fish all night and besides I probably already have a years worth of Sandies in the freezer anyway.

I may have a couple more pics to post here in a sec.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/23/21 10:59 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Poppa

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/23/21 11:25 PM

very nice! what a day!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/24/21 12:35 AM

Lemme guess….either Cedar Creek or RC.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/25/21 04:30 AM

Today on pk. 11 total

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/25/21 04:53 AM

I like a tad bit more meat on their bones. Noodling time is fast approaching too and the creeks have been running good.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/25/21 11:14 AM

We called it hogging in Arkansas.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/25/21 01:28 PM

Looking good

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/25/21 01:35 PM

Have an afternoon trip planned for Thursday to East Texas.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/25/21 02:56 PM

Good luck who ever is fishing. I was in Mexico (Pacific side) and I did a little fishing on 5/11.
Next trip is 6/5 for red snapper.

Lingcod, whitefish, snapper, grouper, donkey fish, rockfish and sea bass
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/25/21 03:09 PM

Take a peek at your user name. cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/25/21 05:57 PM

Going 🎣ing tonight

Giving invite...

Social distancing from MN...

flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/26/21 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I like a tad bit more meat on their bones. Noodling time is fast approaching too and the creeks have been running good.

[Linked Image]

You need the right camo for them catfish. grin
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/26/21 12:25 AM

That’s good’n. up
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/26/21 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

That's my retirement uniform.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/26/21 02:29 AM

If weather holds up I’ll be on the water Friday fishing bastrop and christmas

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/27/21 03:23 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/27/21 03:35 PM

Fishing today, East Texas.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/27/21 05:33 PM

Had light rain, little cool,

Gone 🎣ing...
flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/27/21 05:36 PM

Had light rain, little cool,

Gone 🎣ing...
flag

Get out of town.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 12:48 AM

[Linked Image]

What kinda fish is that?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

What kinda fish is that?

Walley... good eaten...
Went ta day in rain, figured fish are already wet...

bang bang bang wrong...
Geese, 3 sets of families, were out playing ...
flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

That's my retirement uniform.

nice supper. i gotta go get me a couple of retirement uniforms. they look comfy!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Good luck who ever is fishing. I was in Mexico (Pacific side) and I did a little fishing on 5/11.

[Linked Image]

They don't use ice?
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

What kinda fish is that?

Walley... good eaten...

bang bang bang wrong...
flag

Those walleye are tiny

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 03:19 AM

Too windy today. Only landed five, big girl was 5 lbs.

Rattle Traps.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

What kinda fish is that?

Walley... good eaten...

bang bang bang wrong...
flag

Those walleye are tiny

That's the best eaten size
flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 03:21 AM

Too windy today. Only landed five, big girl was 5 lbs.

Rattle Traps.

No pics, means it didn’t happen.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 12:02 PM

[Linked Image]

They don't use ice?

Nope. We just caught them and through them in a live well. They weren't in there long before they were filleted, some were still flopping around.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 08:35 PM

Crushed them for a couple hours before the rain hit. Everything was biting. Bass, Sandbass, Crappie, Catfish....we caught it all today in a very short period of time. Will try to post some pics later. We caught some whopper Crappie!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Crushed them for a couple hours before the rain hit. Everything was biting. Bass, Sandbass, Crappie, Catfish....we caught it all today in a very short period of time. Will try to post some pics later. We caught some whopper Crappie!

No pic, didn’t happen...
Posted By: Stub

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

cheers grill food

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

Winner, winner, catfish diner. food

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 09:57 PM

Today we brought home 27 Crappie,1 Cat, and threw in 8 Sandies to cook tomorrow. Can’t post pics of Bass because it would reveal locations but there were some good ones. Today’s Crappie were really big. No need to measure today.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/28/21 10:25 PM

Nice. That red camo is the trick I think. grin cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/29/21 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
Nice. That red camo is the trick I think. grin cheers

HA! Well Academy had those shirts on clearence a few years ago for $3. I have a blue one also. They are really light and long sleeve and keep the sun off of you while keeping you cool as well. Wish I would have bought more. They make me look a little to much like the fishing jersey clowns on TFF but I dont care. Im out there to catch fish.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/29/21 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by JCB

cheers grill food

cheers banana grill bounce food

Someone tis always 🎣ing today...
flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/29/21 01:13 AM

Never too cold? confused2

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/29/21 04:49 PM

Really nice haul man

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/29/21 10:25 PM

Here is another one from yesterday. Those of you that Crappie fish alot have probably come across them, but most people I talk to have no clue as to their origin. First one I ever saw was about 20 years ago and I have been catching more and more of them each year since. Now days i probably catch on average 2 per outing but probably 75% of them are usually to short to keep. Every now and then I will find a keeper though.

They are commonly known as Black Nose Crappie. I call them "Sharpies" because they look like someone took a Sharpie marker and drew a black line from their chin to their dorsal fin. Some people call them Magnolia Crappie but a Magnolia is actually a sterile hybrid between a White and Black Crappie. Since these are coming from a public lake with no history of them being stocked there is little chance they are a true Magnolia. What they are is a Black Crappie with a recessive gene. They were first documented in Arkansas and have kinda spread throughout various river basins. While I have no data to back up my observations I believe these fish grow at a slower rate because like I said earlier 75% of the ones I catch are not keepers. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/30/21 12:07 AM

Me and the bird dog were knocking around down on the coast today. [Linked Image]
I wade fished some and caught a limit of redfish and a couple nice flounder.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/30/21 12:43 AM

Joe Pool Lake is flooded, couldn't get to my slip if I wanted too.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 05/30/21 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
Me and the bird dog were knocking around down on the coast today. [Linked Image]
I wade fished some and caught a limit of redfish and a couple nice flounder.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You will seldom find the conditions any better.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/01/21 02:52 AM

Wife and her girlfriends were having a hen party at the house. Told me to go do some man stuff. Bird dog riding shotgun, wade fishing the marsh, not a soul in sight, redfish on the half shell and sweet corn put the cherry on it before cricket and me drove back home. Nice day!
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/01/21 03:44 AM

Awesome

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/01/21 04:19 AM

Saturday my fishing day....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/01/21 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
Saturday my fishing day....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/01/21 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Here is another one from yesterday. Those of you that Crappie fish alot have probably come across them, but most people I talk to have no clue as to their origin. First one I ever saw was about 20 years ago and I have been catching more and more of them each year since. Now days i probably catch on average 2 per outing but probably 75% of them are usually to short to keep. Every now and then I will find a keeper though.

They are commonly known as Black Nose Crappie. I call them "Sharpies" because they look like someone took a Sharpie marker and drew a black line from their chin to their dorsal fin. Some people call them Magnolia Crappie but a Magnolia is actually a sterile hybrid between a White and Black Crappie. Since these are coming from a public lake with no history of them being stocked there is little chance they are a true Magnolia. What they are is a Black Crappie with a recessive gene. They were first documented in Arkansas and have kinda spread throughout various river basins. While I have no data to back up my observations I believe these fish grow at a slower rate because like I said earlier 75% of the ones I catch are not keepers. [Linked Image]

Yeah I catch those every now and then, they all seem to be small, can’t ever remember catching a keeper.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/01/21 05:33 PM

Bass sometimes get black spots on their bodies around spawning time.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/01/21 05:55 PM

You give up your fishing holes?

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/01/21 06:41 PM

You give up your fishing holes?

[Linked Image]

I don’t think so. I have so many places to fish it is crazy. That is Lavon, I bet I have 600 spots marked, and every time I go out find more spots.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/02/21 06:28 AM

Went 🎣ing tonight.. 7 walleys ...
Sunset @ lake.
[Linked Image]
On way home swerved, something inroad, turned around seen this.
[Linked Image]
Goose flying in dark, got too close ta high lines, ...
flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/02/21 10:59 AM

Beautiful photo Colt. cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/02/21 07:48 PM

Yep. Going either tomorrow or Friday.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/02/21 07:51 PM

Some off last nights 🎣ing...
[Linked Image]
bounce grill food
flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/04/21 02:30 AM

Went this afternoon.
Between 2:30 and 6 pm, I caught 28. 9 culls and 19 overs.
Biggest we’re about 4 pounds.

Frogs, chatterbait and black worms. Shallow.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/04/21 11:35 AM

Fishing hole? confused2

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/04/21 07:27 PM

Went this afternoon.

it's sort of a secret

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/04/21 11:58 PM

Had to really work for them this afternoon but I think we have 40ish keeper Crappie and maybe 10 Sandbass for the fryer tomorrow. Will try to post pics tomorrow.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/05/21 01:07 AM

Went this afternoon.

it's sort of a secret

[Linked Image]

If that’s a pond Bass that sucker is really healthy!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/05/21 01:46 AM

You fresh water guys are killing me. I’m having hell finding fish with all this freshwater in the bay systems

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/05/21 11:44 AM

We don't all get to rest on the seventh day. I have yard work to do. bang

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/05/21 02:40 PM

Calf-rope.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/05/21 04:39 PM

Yesterday’s haul. 40 Crappie. 7 Sandbass. 3 Mega Crappie one being a giant Blacknose.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/06/21 01:37 AM

My friend and I took 50-60 crappie from around my dock Friday and Saturday......it might be more than that. Well know when we empty the holding pen tomorrow.
Posted By: ep2621

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/06/21 02:21 AM

One of the better ones my 12yo caught.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/06/21 10:23 AM

On da road again....going places that I never been.

Fishin report to come later!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/06/21 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by ep2621
One of the better ones my 12yo caught.

[Linked Image]

Pure greatness. cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/06/21 04:17 PM

Thanks Bill!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/06/21 08:51 PM

Dropped the tequila on them Saturday on Fork.. The can't resist, the orange red jig, they like that in the morning because it looks like a tequila sunrise. In the afternoon, they like chartreuse because it looks like a margarita. This is just for Texas crappie tho...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Caught that big one deep 31 foot on flooded timber, over 15 inches, did not see many deep, only caught one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Went shallow and started catching them, caught 4 on this brush pile and went home. They just starting to get active and I had to leave.

[Linked Image]

I baked that big one for my wife, she ate it all, left a few bones...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Caught that big one deep like 30 foot on flooded timber, over 15 inches, did not see many deep, only caught one.

[Linked Image]

Went shallow and started catching them, caught 4 on this brush pile and went home. They just starting to get active and I had to leave.

[Linked Image]

I baked that big one for my wife, she ate it all, left a few bones...

[img]https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...5ca74d4_82c7_4bbb_af3a_5fea29ddf9cb.jpeg[/img]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/06/21 09:02 PM

food

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/06/21 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
On da road again....going places that I never been.

Fishin report to come later!

Well we dumped the boat in the water just after 6am. Got a few Bass early then switched over to Crappie since that was the main focus. We really struggled early. We just couldnt put together any kind of pattern and then the wind got to the point we couldnt stay on the main lake. We switched to Bass hoping the wind would drop back to the 5-10mph range that the weather man predicted but it didnt. Caught a few Bass trying to wait out the wind and then decided to try to find some simi protected water to fish for Crappie. We tried one little spot and caught 11 keepers out of an area maybe 3'x3' square. Went back to Bass fishing for awhile and caught a few more and then made one last stop before heading in. Thats when we got them figured out! Sadly by then we had pretty much drained the trolling motor batteries fighting the wind and were not able to continue any longer.

We still managed to bring home 37 keeper Crappie and 3 Cats. Between the Crappie, Bass, and Sandbass we probably caught 100-120 fish total so not a bad day at all. I really feel like we could have got our limits had we not drained the trolling batteries. But thats the way it goes.

Will try to get some pics up later.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/06/21 10:46 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/07/21 02:47 AM

bad azz! on fork?
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/07/21 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by JCB

Yeah I catch those every now and then, they all seem to be small, can’t ever remember catching a keeper.

Caught some Friday. Call them Mohawk crappie

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/07/21 08:16 PM

It was on yesterday!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/08/21 01:17 AM

Ask me tomorrow...
flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/08/21 01:18 AM

It was on yesterday!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks like fun

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/08/21 01:22 AM

Love his pictures.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/08/21 08:11 AM

Ask me tomorrow...
flag

Gone 🎣ing...
flag
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/08/21 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tbar
My friend and I took 50-60 crappie from around my dock Friday and Saturday......it might be more than that. Well know when we empty the holding pen tomorrow.

Well, it turned out to be our personal best of 91 fish.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/08/21 05:09 PM

Looks Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning this week.
Supposed to be hot and windy here.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/09/21 08:41 PM

Plans changed.
Going tomorrow afternoon.

an old ox=bow lake near Palestine.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/09/21 09:31 PM

Plans changed.
Going tomorrow afternoon.

an old ox=bow lake near Palestine.

How often do you fish. confused2

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/09/21 11:50 PM

Once a week until it gets too hot or too cold.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/10/21 03:41 PM

Going snapper fishing again tomorrow if the window doesn't stop me.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/10/21 04:12 PM

I am am a Game Warden. I can tell by your user name. Hands up. Don't talk..

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/10/21 04:28 PM

I am am a Game Warden. I can tell by your user name. Hands up. Don't talk..

Are ya going to just hold that stick of dynamite or ya going to fish?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/10/21 05:18 PM

Have a tournament Saturday and a two day tournament this Wednesday/Thursday.
Posted By: west-tex

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/10/21 06:42 PM

Sacked up 4 reds two weeks ago. Two on Friday and two on Saturday. I fish almost every weekend.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/10/21 07:01 PM

Beautiful. cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/11/21 01:35 PM

The Ox-bow lake yielded 14 fish. 4 culls, 5 overs - up to 6.2 lbs. and 5 Palmetto bass in the 4 - 5 lb. range.
G Tail worms and One Knockers worked.
Started at 2 p.m., finished at 6.
Gnats were more than abundant.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/11/21 01:37 PM

I actually am fishing out of Corpus tomorrow, not sure where we are launching, I haven't talked to the guide today yet.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/11/21 06:46 PM

bounce gots new top for me kayak🎣ing...
[Linked Image]
edit : if weather permits, banana yep...

Social distancing from MN...
flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/11/21 06:51 PM

I'd need a magnifying glass to see that.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/12/21 12:40 PM

Got started at daybreak this morning and could see some lightning far to the north. Check radar and forecast and it had everything staying to the north. Dropped the boat in the water and could tell it was gettting closer so decided to only run about a mile or so from the ramp until it passed us by. Started whackin Sandbass right off the bat and then the wind switched to the north and before we knew it we were smack dab in the middle of a severe storm. Im talking waves bigger than I have ever seen and rain drops the size of Ostrich eggs. Thank God we were in my boat today because anything less than a 20'er would have been very bad. I have fished all my life and never been caught in a storm like that! Now I sit here soaking wet waiting to drop the boat back in the water and pick up where we left off. Im sure the Bass Masters Classic is in a rain delay this morning as well.

NEVER TRUST A WEATHER MAN!!!!!!!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/12/21 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Got started at daybreak this morning and could see some lightning far to the north. Check radar and forecast and it had everything staying to the north. Dropped the boat in the water and could tell it was gettting closer so decided to only run about a mile or so from the ramp until it passed us by. Started whackin Sandbass right off the bat and then the wind switched to the north and before we knew it we were smack dab in the middle of a severe storm. Im talking waves bigger than I have ever seen and rain drops the size of Ostrich eggs. Thank God we were in my boat today because anything less than a 20'er would have been very bad. I have fished all my life and never been caught in a storm like that! Now I sit here soaking wet waiting to drop the boat back in the water and pick up where we left off. Im sure the Bass Masters Classic is in a rain delay this morning as well.

NEVER TRUST A WEATHER MAN!!!!!!!

Glad you came out ok, it started storming here early this morning. Total crock of HS and I agree, I think I trust a Biden more than weathermen hammer

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/12/21 08:53 PM

Just weighed in one fish in my tournament. 1.64 lol!
Caught at 230. Tough day.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/12/21 09:00 PM

stopped about 6:30 this morning for a little nap after going all night. Opened my eye twenty minutes later to see a awful sight of black clouds moving in faster than I can ever remember. Had just enough to run and get everything loaded before all hell broke loose...... Forecast , no rain. hammer

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/13/21 01:03 AM

WOW WHAT A DAY!!!

As my report this morning indicated we had a severe storm delay that lasted about 90 minutes. Got back on the lake at 9am and really struggled to put anything together. We bounced around all over the lake and Crappie were just really hard to come by. Between the storms, wind, and wicked current like I have never seen on a lake before, they just wouldnt bite. We ended up with 7 keeper Crappie and a few throw backs. Tried Bass fishing and caught about 15+ but nothing really that big. Then we decided to use the current to our advantage and target some Sandbass at about 12:30. At that point a very so so day became EPIC!!! I am not even going to try and tell you how many we caught but it was in the hundreds. We caught them dang near every cast for almost 7 hours straight before we said one more cast and lets quit. That resulted in yet another double and we called it a day.

I had no intention of keeping any Sandbass but we ended up bringing home 29 big ones that bled to bad to release. The key today was targeting current breaks. Once you identified how they were relating to the current you could position the boat to where you could get one every cast. Several people around us tried to duplicate what we were doing but they were not positioning their boat correctly and couldnt hardly buy a bite. Best of all 99.9% of our fish came on some hand made baits I have been working on for a few years now. We flat wore 4 of those baits out today. Im not sure they can be salvaged in any way. LOL

I got a few pics I will try to post later or in the morning. I have a pic of one mega Sandbass that was missing about a 4" section of his back. It was pretty crazy looking.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/13/21 01:30 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/13/21 02:02 AM

Hitting Roberts tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too crowded.

roflmao

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/13/21 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Txduckman
Hitting Roberts tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too crowded.

roflmao

I bet there will be a camera man in each pros boat tomorrow. Just roll up on the first wrapped boat you see and start fishing in front of them. Next thing you know you will be on live TV and the guys on TFF will lose their minds!
roflmao
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/13/21 03:27 PM

Gonna be fishing for crappie Monday through Thursday on Lake Navarro Mills. Minnows and jigs ought to do it. Winds 5 to 8 mph.

Just washed the boat. I’m ready. Send me in, Coach…

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/13/21 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
Gonna be fishing for crappie Monday through Thursday on Lake Navarro Mills. Minnows and jigs ought to do it. Winds 5 to 8 mph.

Just washed the boat. I’m ready. Send me in, Coach…

No private lake? confused2

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/13/21 04:02 PM

I love Champion boats. They bring a premium in this area.

[quote=JCB][Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/14/21 04:29 AM

Went to the Expo today and got a Daiwa Tatula 150P 5.5:1 regular $160 for $128. Also got a Daiwa Kage deep cranking rod for $145 regular $199 (and the vendor covered the tax on the rod).
Took both to the Daiwa booth and they gave me a free Huk fishing shirt, free hat, and free spool of the new J-fluoro Samurai 16lb line.

I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/14/21 05:27 AM

I haven't done a lot of fresh water fishing, but I always enjoyed it.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/14/21 10:42 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/14/21 11:33 AM

Great looking boy. The bass is not bad.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/14/21 12:45 PM

Thank you sir!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 01:16 AM

Went kayak 🎣ing today.
Caught a bang sun burn...

flag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 11:17 AM

Went kayak 🎣ing today.
Caught a bang sun burn...

flag

Does the sun still shine that for north? confused2
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 11:26 AM

Huh, that makes no sense.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by fishdfly
Huh, that makes no sense.

Lighten up I was funning him. He is a friend of mine. Sorry about you having no friends.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 12:44 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 03:08 PM

On my way to Choke canyon! If anyone has bass fished It and has pointers let me know!
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 04:51 PM

Just got out of the boat. Caught maybe 8 crappie and a couple of white bass. Watching them on the live scope, the fish seemed to be in observation mode mostly. I’ll try em again later today.

Normally I prefer to fish on calm days, but today there wasn’t a breath of air blowing. Pretty muggy.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 06:34 PM

I’m ready to go

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 09:15 PM

Too hot now.
Going to wait for an overcast morning.
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 09:17 PM

Water was slick this morning at Surfside. Dirty greenish brown to the beach with rafts of mullet. Some trout were caught.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by goosebuster
Water was slick this morning at Surfside. Dirty greenish brown to the beach with rafts of mullet. Some trout were caught.

Jetties or surf?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 09:54 PM

Just saw Gator in the water on choke!
Posted By: Judd

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/15/21 11:06 PM

Choke has a ton of them, some big ones too. Good luck and enjoy the trip.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/16/21 10:27 PM

I weighed 5 for 11.86. Puts me 6th out of 20 teams after day 1. 5th place team has 11.87

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/16/21 10:28 PM

I weighed 5 for 11.86. Puts me 6th out of 20 teams after day 1. 5th place team has 11.87

Close but no cigar.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/16/21 10:34 PM

Somebody in NE Texas that wants to fish and wants a free fishing day PM me, I’ll pay for the whole Shebang

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/17/21 12:17 AM

Close but no cigar.

I don’t expect to win, but it’s a two day tourney so you never know what will happen tomorrow.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/17/21 03:21 PM

Close but no cigar.

I don’t expect to win, but it’s a two day tourney so you never know what will happen tomorrow.

Heck yeah...that's not a bad place to be after day 1. I always hated leading day 1 of a multi day T. Good luck cbump.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/17/21 04:22 PM

If you are not first you are last. Like riding the skeleton of a horse through the gates of Hell.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/17/21 06:35 PM

We were in the surf, for whatever reason I am not much on the jetty fishing.

Hitting the bay this weekend, probably going in the deep marsh for reds and solitude.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/17/21 07:50 PM

I guess Im last. I didn’t win the tournament. Finished with 21.95 lbs in 6th. Solo in a teams tournament. I’m happy with It.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/18/21 06:39 PM

Fishing with my son for the Father’s Day weekend.
Trout for him.
[Linked Image]
Inshore slam for me!
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/18/21 06:40 PM

Great stuff.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/18/21 06:45 PM

Great stuff.

Yep. Especially with the sandy streaks in the surf

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/18/21 10:40 PM

Gonna be HOT tomorrow out on the water. Think me and Dad gonna get started early and probably fish till noon or so. Not sure what lake we gonna hit yet but I honestly think our string of incredible trips is going to come to an end tomorrow though. Everything is shaping up for some tough fishing but you never know. Not even sure what we are going to target so I am bringing a ton of different junk. We just gonna fish until we find something that wants to bite.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/18/21 10:58 PM

Very nice Smokey.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 12:11 AM

Yes. Going early tomorrow.
Going with light line and ultra light. Worked in the past.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 12:24 AM

Nice ones I never catch anything, must have a scent in me they don't like..

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 12:26 AM

I never catch anything.

Can't from your living room on the forum.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 01:11 AM

I never catch anything.

Can't from your living room on the forum.

I use to go I just got tired of not catching anything it stops being fun after a few years of that.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

10-20 where I'm going.

I cannot believe our resident good Guy has not taken you out yet confused2

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 11:11 AM

My younger sister and her clan were on Joe Pool lake yesterday cruising in the Pontoon boat and came across this guy fishing. Dedicated or?

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 11:43 AM

You guys are talking about fishing with hurricane Ana on the way. Look it up.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
My younger sister and her clan were on Joe Pool lake yesterday cruising in the Pontoon boat and came across this guy fishing. Dedicated or?

[Linked Image]

He’s in a little deep

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 09:30 PM

Well today was another incredible day!

Got on the water at 6am and first Crappie spot we didnt even get a bite. Ran about 5 mile south and checked a Sandbass spot. There were tons and tons of bait balls on the graph so I told Dad the Sandies had to be nearby. Took us about 15 minutes to locate them and then we caught them every cast for the next 4 hours. There was dang near not another boat in sight and then all the sudden this boat with 3 Asians in it comes rolling right up on us and they get so close I could poke them with my rod (no joke). At that point I had to say something and they backed off. No its not "Asian hate", its just plain stupid when another boat wants to fish closer to me than the guy in the back of my own boat is. LOL! We got the last laugh though because we probably caught 150-175 and they caught maybe 6-7.

After that bite petered out we went looking for some Crappie. We only caught 25 but all but 2 were keepers and they were all really big ones. We had 2 that I know would break the 2 pound mark and several others that were damn close. Caught probably 7-8 Bass with the biggest being a tad over 4 pounds.

We ended up bringing home 23 magnum Crappie and 5 or 6 Sandbass that were bleeding to bad to release. Tomorrow its gonna be a fish fry!!! clap

Will try to post a few pics later.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 09:43 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 09:45 PM

Minners or jigs?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 09:50 PM

Minners or jigs?

Jigs. Today would have been a good day for Minners though. There were way more fish to be had than we could get to bite. We caught way more Crappie than I thought we would though. We did see one guy using Minners and he was whackin them pretty good. The only problem was 95% of his fish were short and 95% of ours were keepers.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/19/21 10:03 PM

Kick Azz, good times, great memories with your pop cheers
Posted By: Pupjoint

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/20/21 05:53 AM

If you are not first you are last. Like riding the skeleton of a horse through the gates of Hell.

What the heck are you talking about??? Are you off your meds Bill??
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/20/21 08:29 AM

nope

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/20/21 09:30 PM

I dropped the tequila sunrise jig on them yesterday. I tell yeah, when I drop the tequila on them, they don’t know what hit’em. That’s just Texas crappie tho, it won't work on oklahoma crappie…. Bonus tip, color does matter with umbrellas too. It’s very important that it matches your boat.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/21/21 01:59 PM

Seems like freshwater fisherman have the livewell running, full of water, and throw their crappie in there to die. Why not just ice them right off the bat?

Best to get those fish cold ASAP.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/21/21 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
I dropped the tequila sunrise jig on them yesterday. I tell yeah, when I drop the tequila on them, they don’t know what hit’em. That’s just Texas crappie tho, it won't work on oklahoma crappie…. Bonus tip, color does matter with umbrellas too. It’s very important that it matches your boat.

[Linked Image]

First humpback speckled percent in my whole wide world.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/21/21 03:55 PM

Seems like freshwater fisherman have the livewell running, full of water, and throw their crappie in there to die. Why not just ice them right off the bat?

Mine go straight on ice. I freeze big blocks of ice in my freezer.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/21/21 10:26 PM

Seems like internet fishermen dont know what they are talking about.

You see those fish may be on their sides but they are far from dead. Anytime you throw that many fish into a livewell the dissolved oxygen level drops pretty quick. You can run all your pumps and aerators full time and it still cant keep up. I do keep a ice chest with 20 pounds of ice in the boat anytime the water temps are at or above 70 degrees. When a fish dies in the livewell it then gets tossed into the ice chest. When a fish is bleeding to the point that death is almost certain it gets tossed into the ice chest as well. I would be willing to bet 95% of the fish I toss in the livewell do not die until I am at the ramp and drain the live well though. If I had my choice I wouldnt put them on ice at all. However thanks to Zebra Mussel laws I have to drain my livewell before I leave the ramp so the next best thing to do is ice them down before I head home.

So why not toss them on ice right off the bat? Well have you ever heard that old saying that "A live meal never spoils"? Guess what.....as soon as that fish dies it starts to spoil. It doesnt matter if you toss it on ice or not. All the ice does is slow the process of spoiling down and thats a fact.

If you want to ice your fish right after you catch them thats fine with me. As long as you clean them within 24 hours you should be fine. But keeping them alive is the best way to insure your catch stays fresh. People figured that out long before any of us were ever born.

Next time try not to be so condescending and I will try to do the same.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/22/21 12:08 AM

Putting them straight on ice works good for me. I like them dead when I clean them, and that can take hours on ice. I do not like cleaning fish that are still alive a wiggling, that is just wrong. roflmao

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/22/21 02:09 AM

Going Wednesday morning this week.
Cooler temps and cloud cover.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/22/21 11:35 AM

Going Wednesday morning this week.
Cooler temps and cloud cover.

How often?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 06/22/21 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

Seems like internet fishermen dont know what they are talking about.

You see those fish may be on their sides but they are far from dead. Anytime you throw that many fish into a livewell the dissolved oxygen level drops pretty quick. You can run all your pumps and aerators full time and it still cant keep up. I do keep a ice chest with 20 pounds of ice in the boat anytime the water temps are at or above 70 degrees. When a fish dies in the livewell it then gets tossed into the ice chest. When a fish is bleeding to the point that death is almost certain it gets tossed into the ice chest as well. I would be willing to bet 95% of the fish I toss in the livewell do not die until I am at the ramp and drain the live well though. If I had my choice I wouldnt put them on ice at all. However thanks to Zebra Mussel laws I have to drain my livewell before I leave the ramp so the next best thing to do is ice them down before I head home.

So why not toss them on ice right off the bat? Well have you ever heard that old saying that "A live meal never spoils"? Guess what.....as soon as that fish dies it starts to spoil. It doesnt matter if you toss it on ice or not. All the ice does is slow the process of spoiling down and thats a fact.

If you want to ice your fish right after you catch them thats fine with me. As long as you clean them within 24 hours you should be fine. But keeping them alive is the best way to insure your catch stays fresh. People figured that out long before any of us were ever born.

Next time try not to be so condescending and I will try to do the same.

Was just a question and observation there, nothing condescending. I assure you though, I know what I am talking, at least when it comes to saltwater fish. I bleed out most of my fish on a stringer and throw them on ice. It gets rid of a lot of the red meat, especially redfish.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/01/21 08:04 PM

Three from a recent 3-fish tournament. And a decent one today. Fished in the heat today from 1130-1400 and we had about 10 keepers and lost one about 7.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/01/21 09:38 PM

Cbump be the man. cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/01/21 11:09 PM

Three from a recent 3-fish tournament. And a decent one today. Fished in the heat today from 1130-1400 and we had about 10 keepers and lost one about 7.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

How you catching them? I never really tried for LM, I need to. I have always just been focused on crappie.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/01/21 11:16 PM

I really like finesse fishing with weightless flukes and wacky rigs.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/01/21 11:41 PM

What depth?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/01/21 11:45 PM

Me and Dad fished last Sunday and it was a beating!! Weatherman said it was going to be 5-10 mph winds but we had waves coming over the front of the boat on the main lake with the trolling motor down. We tried all over the lake and by noon we only had 4 Crappie in the live well. Shortly after noon we cracked the code and over the next 90 minutes we added 23 more keeper Crappie and 2 Channel Cats. We finished the day with 27 keeper Crappie and 2 Cats along with maybe 40 short fish. Pretty sure we could have finished out the 2 man limit based on how we were catching them the last hour and a half but I had to be off the water by 2pm because I had other places to be. We also found surfacing Sandbass and played with them for awhile but didnt keep any. I wont be fishing this weekend though. July 4th is the one weekend I avoid the lakes at all costs! I might sit at the ramp and enjoy the show though. Drunks loading and launching is always a good time.
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/01/21 11:50 PM

3 day weekend and going somewhere, just don't know where as of right now. Being in West Texas my options are limitless hammer May try OH Ivie just to say I been, but I hear it isn't easy to bank fish. Alan Henry will be packed im sure. Spence comes to mind as well as Champion.

My go to is Pecan Creek in San Angelo, it will be packed as well. Decisions, decisions

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/01/21 11:51 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by JCB
I wont be fishing this weekend though. July 4th is the one weekend I avoid the lakes at all costs! I might sit at the ramp and enjoy the show though. Drunks loading and launching is always a good time.

I like fishing when it is crowded and showing off. I like doing circles around boats and catching fish, and also where they are swimming. clap

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

What depth?

They were deep today. 20’ish.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

What depth?

They were deep today. 20’ish.

That’s interesting catching LM deep.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 02:14 AM

I was putting a nail weight in the wacky rig to get It down there.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 02:18 AM

Went today. Weather peeps said overcast by 3 but that didn’t happen. Partly cloudy and hot.

Caught 15 to 4 lbs.

Worms and rattle baits.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 02:26 AM

Put the knife on 9 of these tonight and three bass. Having a big fry tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 03:21 AM

Nice!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 11:26 AM

Flathead or blue?

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 12:37 PM

Flathead or blue?

Probably neither, flatheads top lip fits inside bottom lip, looks more like a male channel cat to me. Hard to be sure without seeing the tail and top fin but I say male channel cat.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 12:52 PM

I think channel too.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/02/21 01:45 PM

like the big smile

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/03/21 02:35 AM

Channel Cat.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/04/21 09:23 PM

I liked Smokey’s tailgate pic so I thought I’d try one of my own this morning.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/04/21 09:31 PM

Good eaten right there, Congrats!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/04/21 09:41 PM

Good eaten right there, Congrats!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/05/21 01:51 AM

Skeet tomorrow

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/05/21 11:15 PM

That looks like some good times with some good partners Scalebuster. cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/06/21 10:46 PM

Put 18 in the ice chest Saturday, pouring down rain but I didn’t get wet. loser8

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/06/21 11:16 PM

Tell me if I have this straight. You got as wet as a fish swimming in water. confused2
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/07/21 02:06 AM

Been doing a little brook trout fishing in Colorado.

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/07/21 01:03 PM

Your lucky day. cheers
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/07/21 10:35 PM

Me and dad. Did pretty good today on the river. Three nice browns and two nice rainbows.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/07/21 10:40 PM

Good job Walter, something I wanna do some day... cheers

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/07/21 10:48 PM

Nice place Colorado.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/07/21 11:08 PM

I have caught a few trout in my younger years. They were all at the kid fish tank at the boat show though. grin

That was before they made the switch to catfish.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/07/21 11:10 PM

Nice place Colorado.

SOS . Seek out the source.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/09/21 11:01 AM

Heading to my place South of Bowie today. Water will be too hot for the fish to survive getting caught today. But, will fish tomorrow morning.
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/10/21 02:48 PM

The things I do for my wife. Headed to San Angelo to take her fishing. Clouds are building up so I hope it doesn't rain. She loves to fish.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/10/21 03:53 PM

Was supposed to have a tournament today but I got the Covid. 102 fever. Feel like hammered shiiit.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/10/21 06:19 PM

Beautiful place
Posted By: west-tex

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/11/21 06:33 PM

Added a new underwater green light to the dock. Caught 4 trout Friday night. And had some crabs in the trap this morning.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/11/21 06:53 PM

Love fishing under the lights.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/11/21 07:23 PM

Nice looking specks

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/12/21 01:15 AM

Love fishing under the lights.

You fish over his.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/12/21 01:19 AM

Was supposed to have a tournament today but I got the Covid. 102 fever. Feel like hammered shiiit.

Man that sucks! Hope you recover quick.

When I fished tournaments they would allow you to drop your worse tournament finish so it didnt sting so much in the AOY points race. Thats assuming you are fishing a full season on one trail other wise it dont mean squat.

I didnt fish this weekend but I plan to go pretty much no matter what next weekend. Havent been fishing in 2 weeks now and its killin me!

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/24/21 09:53 PM

I like fishing where people are swimming, and when they ask what I’m catching, I tell them piranhas. roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/24/21 09:56 PM

They are called white perch by some.

Re: Anyone Fishing Tomorrow? - 07/24/21 11:34 PM

They are called white perch by some.

They are also called sac-a-lait East of the Sabine.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum