Texas Hunting Forum

Back When Sports Figures Loved America

Posted By: FayetteCo

Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 07:11 AM

I know it is a tad late, but this takes you back to April 25, 1976.....

Rick Monday's Great Play
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 09:44 AM

flag
Posted By: soooo

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 11:34 AM

flag
Posted By: Stub

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 11:46 AM

Unfortunately for the most part, patriotism in sports is long gone except Rodeo and NASCAR. There are some in the other sports but they are few and far between.

Good fond memory of the good old days up
Posted By: Greg

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 01:09 PM

This ought to be a good post and I hope we can keep it out of the bunker.

I disagree and think most sports figures still do love America. I think most sports fans still do as well.

The ones that don’t probably never served or had family members that did.

If they kneel during the anthem I think they are giving a big f you to America. I bet most of those doing so would tell me I’m wrong and they are just “showing support” for black people being treated unfairly by police. They’ve obviously bought into the false narrative that left wing media has been pushing for so long. We know that’s wrong. The numbers on the issue don’t lie, but the media sure does. But unfortunately, half the country watches cnn, nbc, abc... and that’s all they push.

My question to you is, what makes you think they all hate America? And does a person not liking the police automatically make them hate America?

Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 01:10 PM

Good old days. Saddens me for my Grandkids that they may never know what we were back then.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Greg
My question to you is, what makes you think they all hate America?

The part where they support a communist organization that Burns, Loots & Murders Americans, genius.

It’s more than just a dislike of police.

They hate our country, our history, successful people here, our basic laws, our countries economic system, religion, & basic order. They lie about everything & make excuses for acting like animals. The majority of athletes agree with them, & idiot sportsball fans keep giving them money & support, then say stupid [censored] like “why do you think they hate America?”
Posted By: Stub

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 01:36 PM

This ought to be a good post and I hope we can keep it out of the bunker.

I disagree and think most sports figures still do love America. I think most sports fans still do as well.

The ones that don’t probably never served or had family members that did.

If they kneel during the anthem I think they are giving a big f you to America. I bet most of those doing so would tell me I’m wrong and they are just “showing support” for black people being treated unfairly by police. They’ve obviously bought into the false narrative that left wing media has been pushing for so long. We know that’s wrong. The numbers on the issue don’t lie, but the media sure does. But unfortunately, half the country watches cnn, nbc, abc... and that’s all they push.

My question to you is, what makes you think they all hate America? And does a person not liking the police automatically make them hate America?

It depends upon how you define America??
If you are referring to those that hold the value of the constitution and stand up for its principles then a large portion of professionals athletes do not love America!
Not saying they hate it, just do not love it or they would stand up for what is right and fair for all Americans.

One example; Athletes who takes a knee during the National Anthem do not love this country!
Athletes who stand for the National Anthem while their other teammates take a knee Love this country!

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
My question to you is, what makes you think they all hate America?

The part where they support a communist organization that Burns, Loots & Murders Americans, genius.

It’s more than just a dislike of police.

Yeah I don’t see sports athletes wanting to burn, loot & murder other Americans. We obviously disagree max. But that’s cool and I hope you have a good day up

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

Athletes who takes a knee during the National Anthem do not love this country!
Athletes who stand for the National Anthem while their other teammates take a knee Love this country!

Absolutely agree with that. I think they realized what a slap in the face that was and that’s why you don’t see it much anymore.

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 02:07 PM

popcorn
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 03:53 PM

I think that most in the NBA or NFL would help light it and most in MLB would t stop it today.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by bobcat1
Good old days. Saddens me for my Grandkids that they may never know what we were back then.

[Linked Image]

You nailed it
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/26/21 10:23 PM

imo most sports players want to play, then unions tell them to do as they are told.
Then you have those that scream the loudest, well they are bought off or trying to be bought off. To get bought off they have to do dirty deeds. Ask labron and his "pizza party" references. Folks should be able to identify by now the game is rigged and America took a well orchestrated hit to the gut by the mega corps, actors and athletes to pull off their agenda.

"its a big club and you aint in it" George Carlin , before he went to the mountain.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/27/21 12:22 AM

Lots of pro athletes still love America but the idiots are the ones that get all the publicity
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/27/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
Lots of pro athletes still love America but the idiots are the ones that get all the publicity

up
Posted By: FayetteCo

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/27/21 03:06 AM

The real men who still love America need to stand up and say so regardless of what their team mates do. It is called character and integrity. It is what real men do.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/27/21 03:38 AM

I only go back to Jan-81. Dang it
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/27/21 03:50 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/27/21 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/27/21 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by soooo
[Linked Image]

roflmao

You boys talk so tough, but truth be told even YOU spend money with companies that support or contribute to blm. Just about every major company in America does, and try as you might, you can’t avoid them all. Doesn’t matter what you drive, how you fly, where you eat, or where you shop. As Bill would say, look it up. Someone points this out and when you can’t win the argument, you turn to personal insults. You are hypocrites... ignorant bullies just like in grade school. This place sure ain’t what it used to be when I joined. It’s been real nice meeting some of you and I wish y’all the best!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/27/21 03:08 PM

roflmao

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/27/21 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by soooo
[Linked Image]

roflmao

You boys talk so tough, but truth be told even YOU spend money with companies that support or contribute to blm. Just about every major company in America does, and try as you might, you can’t avoid them all. Doesn’t matter what you drive, how you fly, where you eat, or where you shop. As Bill would say, look it up. Someone points this out and when you can’t win the argument, you turn to personal insults. You are hypocrites... ignorant bullies just like in grade school. This place sure ain’t what it used to be when I joined. It’s been real nice meeting some of you and I wish y’all the best!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

payments to produce the riots to push the destruction of America. If you think these black "leaders" are not in the know , then you must live under a rock.

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/27/21 10:41 PM

[Linked Image]

Bingo they are the clowns of America to keep the masses entertained and not asking the real questions.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/28/21 12:27 PM

Yeah I don’t see sports athletes wanting to burn, loot & murder other Americans. We obviously disagree max. But that’s cool and I hope you have a good day up

whatever you need to do to justify supporting communist to yourself

Re: Back When Sports Figures Loved America - 04/28/21 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by maximus_flavius

whatever you need to do to justify supporting communist to yourself

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum