Tesla crash - 04/18/21 02:46 PM

http://montgomerycountypolicereport...and-bursts-into-flames-in-the-woodlands/
2 killed.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 02:52 PM

Are you sure about the date?
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 02:57 PM

Water trying to put out a chemical fire?

flame
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

Originally Posted by bill oxner

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc13.com/amp/tesla-crash-battery-fire-driverless-2-killed-in/10525148/

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by texasag93

flame

That seemed odd to me also.... Wouldn't have foam worked better?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 03:13 PM

Dang. One of my clients has one of those and they use the auto-pilot feature quite a bit.

They just bought a new one after wrecking their last one (not the car's fault). There was a broken down semi blocking a stop sign at an intersection and they didn't see the stop sign. They were t-boned by cross-traffic that didn't have a stop sign.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 03:42 PM

eeks333
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 03:47 PM

1.25 million people
How Many Car Accident Deaths Are There Per Year? Nearly 1.25 million people are killed in car crashes each year. On average, that's 3,287 deaths a day (globally). An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.

50 people
Yes, because according to public database www.tesladeaths.com, 50 people died in road accidents involving Tesla vehicles last year. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has just announced that it's investigating the latest of these accidents, which occurred on December 29.

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 03:48 PM

Tesla's global vehicle sales were 499,550 units in 2020, a 35.8% increase over the previous year. In 2020, the company surpassed the 1 million mark of electric cars produced.

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 04:01 PM

Don't hate on me because I am doing a little research and considering buying a Cybertruck.

smile

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Don't hate on me because I am doing a little research and considering buying a Cybertruck.

smile

Just don't hit your windows with a baseball bat roflmao
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 04:51 PM

smile

From a hunting stand point, I'd top drive the hell out of one, but traveling I just can't do it. New ford hybrid is interesting though
Posted By: John2

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 05:28 PM

I bet your going to see more of this in a Tesla.

Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 05:32 PM

Wow
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3
Originally Posted by texasag93

flame

That seemed odd to me also.... Wouldn't have foam worked better?

It’s not so much foam but the type should have been a class d type extinguishing agent. Since it was composed of combustible metal(s). I doubt class C but that is for electrical fire where it’s energized. That isn’t common knowledge. Only reason I know is I work in a chemical plant and that is in our yearly safety refresher course
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 06:09 PM

Good lord
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 06:17 PM

No way I’ll ride in one.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 07:51 PM

It's beyond me how anyone can get into a driverless car and trust it to drive them around. I personally think it should be illegal to run anything like this on public streets.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Grizz
It's beyond me how anyone can get into a driverless car and trust it to drive them around. I personally think it should be illegal to run anything like this on public streets.

I agree completely!
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 10:32 PM

The technology will get better and eventually it will reduce crash deaths to near zero.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
The technology will get better and eventually it will reduce crash deaths to near zero.
thats funny
rofl

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 11:27 PM

is this the same fraudulent person/corporation that pushes global warming but is going to fill Texas wetlands to put up his business? rofl
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Tesla crash - 04/18/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
is this the same fraudulent person/corporation that pushes global warming but is going to fill Texas wetlands to put up his business? rofl

He’s got a valid point you know....
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Tesla crash - 04/19/21 12:02 AM

Re: Tesla crash - 04/19/21 01:11 AM

It will never advance enough for me to trust it. We're talking about electronic and mechanical stuff that's bound to fail at some point. At least with someone behind the wheel there's a chance of avoiding disaster.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Tesla crash - 04/19/21 01:37 AM

E Hummer coming !!
Posted By: swampthang

Re: Tesla crash - 04/19/21 05:57 AM

My cinnamons exactly. As an old Boomer I've seen a lifetime of horrific traffic accidents and death and there's no way I'd trust a car to drive itself. I'm sure 200 years from now they will think we were primitive cavemen for driving cars ourselves,but right now,no way. Its typical of this younger generation,trying to invent a machine/device to do EVERYTHING for them.So lazy.
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Tesla crash - 04/19/21 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by John2

Not one but two idiots.

Re: Tesla crash - 04/19/21 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cool Mo D
Originally Posted by John2

Not one but two idiots.

I have driven a Tesla. If you do not have your hands on the steering wheel and react (about every 30 seconds), the car's auto pilot turns off.

Maybe it can be hacked, but I do not know.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Tesla crash - 04/19/21 08:30 PM

"I have driven a Tesla." Acknowledgement is yet the 1st step in the process.
Posted By: presley

Re: Tesla crash - 04/19/21 08:31 PM

I read that there wasn't even a person in the driver's seat when the wreck occurred.

Re: Tesla crash - 04/19/21 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

It had the most torque of any vehicle I have ever driven or piloted. Those things are fast off the line.

I would like to own one, just never got around to it.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Tesla crash - 04/19/21 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

My neighbor bought the suped up one. It was fun to drive, but not work the coin. Torque was unreal
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Tesla crash - 04/20/21 12:00 AM

swampthang what do "cinnamons" have to do with any of this? wtf
Posted By: swampthang

Re: Tesla crash - 04/20/21 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wytex

My sentiments on cinnamons.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Tesla crash - 04/20/21 03:02 AM

From what I’ve seen on the roads, autopilot would be a massive improvement for at least half of the drivers out there, even if it does fail from time to time.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Tesla crash - 04/20/21 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by swampthang
Originally Posted by Wytex

My sentiments on cinnamons.

roflmao

Re: Tesla crash - 04/20/21 07:58 PM

smile

Just don't hit your windows with a baseball bat roflmao

bounce
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Tesla crash - 04/20/21 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
From what I’ve seen on the roads, autopilot would be a massive improvement for at least half of the drivers out there, even if it does fail from time to time.

This is a fair point to consider
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Tesla crash - 04/20/21 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

In my town, actually having a Driver's License would also be a plus. up We'll save insurance, or actually owning the car, for another discussion.

Re: Tesla crash - 04/21/21 02:16 PM

It will never advance enough for me to trust it. We're talking about electronic and mechanical stuff that's bound to fail at some point. At least with someone behind the wheel there's a chance of avoiding disaster.

Same was probably said about automatic transmissions, now they’re proven to be more efficient than manual transmissions (not that transmissions are as potentially dangerous as a driverless car, but I’m speaking about automation).

I’m not saying driverless cars will be ready or the norm in five, 10 or even 20 years, but they will be the norm. I could see roads being redesigned with sensors that the sensors on the car react to.

I’m not even saying I trust the technology, but to say there won’t be driverless cars is silly. And they will reduce vehicle related deaths to near zero.

People behind the wheel are responsible for the majority of vehicle disasters now. We are the reason there are crashes. It has a long way to go, but it will happen.

Re: Tesla crash - 04/21/21 04:39 PM

Same was probably said about automatic transmissions, now they’re proven to be more efficient than manual transmissions (not that transmissions are as potentially dangerous as a driverless car, but I’m speaking about automation).

I’m not saying driverless cars will be ready or the norm in five, 10 or even 20 years, but they will be the norm. I could see roads being redesigned with sensors that the sensors on the car react to.

I’m not even saying I trust the technology, but to say there won’t be driverless cars is silly. And they will reduce vehicle related deaths to near zero.

People behind the wheel are responsible for the majority of vehicle disasters now. We are the reason there are crashes. It has a long way to go, but it will happen.

I have no doubt this stuff will be a reality at some time in the future. My "never" statement was made from the perspective of the rest of the lifetime of a 56 year old man. If they're going to change my mind they'd better hurry. smile
For now, I still say a crappy driver has a much better chance of avoiding an accident than a driverless car with no one controlling it.

Re: Tesla crash - 04/22/21 04:03 AM

I have no doubt this stuff will be a reality at some time in the future. My "never" statement was made from the perspective of the rest of the lifetime of a 56 year old man. If they're going to change my mind they'd better hurry. smile
For now, I still say a crappy driver has a much better chance of avoiding an accident than a driverless car with no one controlling it.

up on the chance we see it happening on a large scale in your or my lifetime.

Crappy drivers cause accidents now. Automation will greatly reduce accidents. You may not trust technology on that scale, but it’s better than a LOT of drivers on the road today causing accidents. Otherwise, accidents wouldn’t be as big of a problem as they are now. Cars are safer than ever, yet how many people still die everyday because of careless driving? It will make the roads much safer. Just because yo don’t understand or trust it doesn’t make it untrue.

Re: Tesla crash - 04/22/21 10:23 PM

up on the chance we see it happening on a large scale in your or my lifetime.

Crappy drivers cause accidents now. Automation will greatly reduce accidents. You may not trust technology on that scale, but it’s better than a LOT of drivers on the road today causing accidents. Otherwise, accidents wouldn’t be as big of a problem as they are now. Cars are safer than ever, yet how many people still die everyday because of careless driving? It will make the roads much safer. Just because yo don’t understand or trust it doesn’t make it untrue.

Amazing to see our seniors ready to blindly p our freedoms away.
Accidents will decrease because you will not have access to the roads like you do know. No go, no accident.
If you think that is conspiracy theory you can look up "google maps to start directing users to eco friendly routes". Your route and passage would be dictated what ever feels good to the owner of your gps system that day. We already know google is inbed with china.
how many folks ready to spend 80k on a vehicle that doesnt go where you want it to.
A big reason for bad drivers today , is distracted drivers. Many are fumbling with their cell phones. 9 times out of 10 when I pull up to a bad driver they have their nose buried in their phones. Even seen a guy drive up a concrete wall starring at his phone. Bad drivers are big business for the city.

Scary to see folks still think these mega corps have their best interest at heart.

Re: Tesla crash - 04/28/21 01:36 AM

crazy for a 30mph accident that just went off the road.....

[Linked Image]

Re: Tesla crash - 04/28/21 01:44 AM

Did they finally figure out how fast they were going?

Re: Tesla crash - 04/28/21 02:04 AM

Did they finally figure out how fast they were going?

news reporters states the vehicle never went above 30mph. I skipped over the article but it sounds like non one was in the drivers seat. Tesla says some one was driving. If no one in the drivers seat were they in the back seat. popcorn

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum