Texas Hunting Forum

Coffee peeve

Posted By: Hudbone

Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 12:38 PM

We utilize a Keurig at the office. I like my coffee fairly strong and routinely drink Black Silk. Was getting low, but saw there were several boxes of cups there on a shelf. Consumed the last of the Black Silk and imagine my utter horror when I determined the three remaining boxes of coffee were hazelnut, french vanilla and pecan something or other other.

It's not like we are a hair salon. No, Superduty does not work here. I is going to have a lil' talk with somebody.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 12:41 PM

The struggle is real.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 12:45 PM

Sounds like you need to put in an order...
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
The struggle is real.

truth.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 12:53 PM

I'm pretty choked up about it.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
We utilize a Keurig at the office.

There's the problem.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 01:06 PM

I like Janie.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I like Janie.

Me too. She's our very own chick on the right.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I like Beer and Janie.

FIFY
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 02:15 PM

A Keurig does not make great coffee. Mostly though, that’s what I use, with Community Breakfast Blend. But, in the barn workshop I have a great Cuisinart coffee maker and ground Community Breakfast Blend. The coffee from the barn workshop machine is very noticeably better than the Keurig coffee.

Back when I was working at that last corporation, I ran Purchasing for the Americas. My people and I were in charge of supply of just about everything a huge corporation needs, and that included things as small as coffee. Each plant site could choose their own coffee, so the coffee decision for headquarters was all the coffee we needed to worry about. We had a contract for supply and service of machines and the coffee, and I had a VP that constantly complained about our coffee. Soooo, to shut him up, I got our contract supplier to come into the office with a bunch of their better grades of coffee, and we’d do a blind taste test. The whole building got to vote on which was best. The VP was raving about how good coffee number 3 was, and most everybody agreed, so I said we’d go with that one. Everybody was happy. What I didn’t tell them was that it was the same danged coffee they had been drinking (for free). And, of course, I could now fight off any complaints by saying that this was the chosen coffee, not the low bid coffee.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 02:28 PM

I may or may not have tossed one of these in a box of French Vanilla cups before I left work the other day.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
I may or may not have tossed one of these in a box of French Vanilla cups before I left work the other day.
[Linked Image]

LMAO

Don't give my wife any ideas!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 02:37 PM

Have a Kuerig also. One time we ran out of my Sumatra or Breakfast Blend and all that was left was Hazlenut, I drove to McDonalds to get a cup of their regular coffee to survive that morning.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 02:40 PM

I’m on my last last dark roast McD kcup this morning. Wife said they have it at Bed,Bath, and Beyond. She will be picking some up today. Send a runner Hud.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Have a Kuerig also. One time we ran out of my Sumatra or Breakfast Blend and all that was left was Hazlenut, I drove to McDonalds to get a cup of their regular coffee to survive that morning.

McDonalds has the best "regular" coffee in town.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by Stub

McDonalds has the best "regular" coffee in town.

It is pretty dang good, especially with our Senior Citizen discount up
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 03:14 PM

I prefer the McCafé kcups to others as well.^^^^^
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 03:23 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I can't stand those instant brew cups or machines. I like good old brewed in a pot over grounds....not dust....
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 03:39 PM

Get ya one of these old boys and be done with it.........

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 03:39 PM

We have a reusable k-cup and grind our own. Some days its Komodo Dragon dark brew and someday's its Texas Pecan from HEB.
Posted By: cbump

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 03:41 PM

We utilize a Keurig at the office. I like my coffee fairly strong and routinely drink Black Silk. Was getting low, but saw there were several boxes of cups there on a shelf. Consumed the last of the Black Silk and imagine my utter horror when I determined the three remaining boxes of coffee were hazelnut, french vanilla and pecan something or other other.

It's not like we are a hair salon. No, Superduty does not work here. I is going to have a lil' talk with somebody.

With you 100% on that.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

[Linked Image]

Got one that makes 50 or 100 cups at the ranch, when its cold my brother dad mom sister inlaw and me will drain it.

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 03:46 PM

I started drinking coffee with my Opie when I was in grade school growing up. We spent a lot of time working with him during the summers and breakfast was either corn flakes or cherioes, a banana, and a cup of black coffee. I cant stand flavored coffee or creamer/sugar etc.

I use one of the little reusable filter things in my kuerig and use HEB columbian grounds.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 03:51 PM

That does it! I am just SICK of this free coffee always running out of my favorite flavor! Whatever shall I do! Grrrrrrrrrr!

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 04:10 PM

Im pretty sure its not free lol
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy

[Linked Image]

Got one that makes 50 or 100 cups at the ranch, when its cold my brother dad mom sister inlaw and me will drain it.

Can I buy a comma for $500. roflmao I’ve never corrected anyone I can remember because I am awful about punctuation but damnit man.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 04:29 PM

pretty sure I pay for it
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 04:31 PM

Im pretty sure its not free lol

Not to him, no.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 04:33 PM

A guy who drinks coffee with silk in the name ought not point fingers at other coffee names. roflmao

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by wp75169

[Linked Image]

Can I buy a comma for $500. roflmao I’ve never corrected anyone I can remember because I am awful about punctuation but damnit man.

You bring the cash and I'll post a page of em grin
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 04:35 PM

Man I thought you and one other family member with an identity crisis was drinking all that coffee!
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 04:44 PM

Coffee sucks

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Coffee sucks

Now you take that back! coffee
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 05:37 PM

Coffee sucks

Tea sipper...... confused2

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 05:42 PM

I just poured my last cup for the day. Its cold and still great.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 05:48 PM

I used a good old Pyrex percolator for years.

[Linked Image]

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 05:50 PM

Coffee sucks

Never understood how something that smells so good can taste so bad.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 05:54 PM

Yep, coffee is a bit like popcorn. The smell is great.

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 06:07 PM

Coffee sucks

My wife is on board with that as well. She loves the smell even likes to make me a cup because she likes the smell but she wouldnt drink it to save her life.

One of my roommates in college is the only person ive ever met who didnt like the way it smelled.

Re: Coffee peeve - 04/16/21 06:18 PM

Coffee sucks

My wife is on board with that as well. She loves the smell even likes to make me a cup because she likes the smell but she wouldnt drink it to save her life.

One of my roommates in college is the only person ive ever met who didnt like the way it smelled.

My wife was born on the island of Java. No chit, the island of Java and has coffee every day, the darker the better.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum