Texas Hunting Forum

Texas group 1C begins today

Posted By: ndhunter

Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 03:58 PM

This should qualify about 99% of the THF. Get your shot as soon as you can.

HOUSTON — Texas is moving into phase 1C of COVID-19 vaccinations Monday.

RELATED: Vaccine update: Phase 1C begins in Texas on March 15 — here's who is eligible

According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, anyone 50 years old or older will eligible to get the shot. They will join the eligibility pool alongside those 65 and older and anyone 16 and up with an underlying health issue.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/h...285-18a5bbfb-70ce-44ed-9003-da9f41cd725e
Posted By: LuckyDucker_TTU

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 04:12 PM

I’m not in that group but I’ll pass even when I’m eligible.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 04:17 PM

Bring it.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 04:20 PM

No thanks
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 04:45 PM

Stick it, But not in Me.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 04:45 PM

Just cause your elegible, doesn’t mean it’s available.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 05:43 PM

F that!

That chit is so new and disorganized I'm not wasting my time. I may reconsider when my Doctor can administer it from his office.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 06:52 PM

Just read an article about Biden putting a campaign together for us folks who are fine without the vaccine...they are paying celebrities to tell us that's it safe and good to get it rofl They really do think we are stupid bang
Posted By: barndoor

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

Stick it, But not in Me.

That’s what she said
Posted By: leswad

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 07:35 PM

Pass
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 07:39 PM

I have no reason to believe that its not safe. Most of my family has gotten it. None have had a reaction to it any different than to the flue shot.

That said my wife wanted to schedule us to get vaccinated and I declined. She is still going to get hers.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 07:42 PM

Got it to go here. Seychelles

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 08:02 PM

I donated mine to Bill.....
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
Just read an article about Biden putting a campaign together for us folks who are fine without the vaccine...they are paying celebrities to tell us that's it safe and good to get it rofl They really do think we are stupid bang

He's going to force people to get it one way or another. Think of public transportation...air, bus, taxi, uber, lyft, or other. No Covid test, no vaccine, then NO GO!
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

He's going to force people to get it one way or another. Think of public transportation...air, bus, taxi, uber, lyft, or other. No Covid test, no vaccine, then NO GO!

Yep. I'm planning a trip to Germany this summer, and then drive to multiple countries. No way I get in without the vaccine. I've already taken my 1st dose and get my 2nd next week. Not a biggie. Just another vaccine IMO.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ndhunter
This should qualify about 99% of the THF. Get your shot as soon as you can.

HOUSTON — Texas is moving into phase 1C of COVID-19 vaccinations Monday.

RELATED: Vaccine update: Phase 1C begins in Texas on March 15 — here's who is eligible

According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, anyone 50 years old or older will eligible to get the shot. They will join the eligibility pool alongside those 65 and older and anyone 16 and up with an underlying health issue.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/h...285-18a5bbfb-70ce-44ed-9003-da9f41cd725e

Nope! Not going to do it!
Posted By: TKM

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 11:07 PM

Mine is scheduled for Wednesday. On the fence about it.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 11:15 PM

Collin county all spots are gone or you can't even sign up for a wait list.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Got it to go here. Seychelles

[Linked Image]

Always wanted to go there.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/15/21 11:52 PM

You have a right to bare arm or not. My bride and I got our first round this afternoon.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

You now have to go on the Frisco site and sign up for the newsletter.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 12:48 AM

the flu will be back in a couple months no matter the vax. When the weirdos in hollywood and politicians start pushing something I run the other way.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 02:01 AM

I got a text today from Houston Methodist saying I'm eligible based on my age, 39.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 02:55 AM

My mother is 79 and she got frostbite on her chin in 1983 while we were building some stuff on the ranch. She hasn't been able to feel her chin ever since. Nerve damage that feels like a forever shot of Novocaine basically. She got her first Covid vaccine shot a month or so ago and that night, all the feeling in her chin came back and is still here to this day. Freaky stuff.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 03:15 AM

I will do it to protect my loved ones, my friends, coworkers and myself. Good luck to the rest of you.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 03:46 AM

I was in the first eligible group to get it & I'll be the last to get it. Nooooo thanks.

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

Signed up for it long time ago, Nothing availabe.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 12:15 PM

Hard pass.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 12:15 PM

Get on CVS.com betwwen 5:15 and 5:30 a.m. Friday morning. Click on Covid Vaccine. Click on Texas
Click on schedule appointment. It'll auto refresh the page every 30 seconds. Usually a 20 to 30 minute wait. Register. You'll be able to get it as early as Sunday most likely.

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

Get on CVS.com betwwen 5:15 and 5:30 a.m. Friday morning. Click on Covid Vaccine. Click on Texas
Click on schedule appointment. It'll auto refresh the page every 30 seconds. Usually a 20 to 30 minute wait. Register. You'll be able to get it as early as Sunday most likely.

up

Thanks, I will give it a shot.........
Posted By: glens

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

Heard that also. Carded or no go. Have to have a vaccine ID to go anywhere but not to vote. hammer
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 12:47 PM

Nope
Posted By: Stub

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 12:51 PM

Got my first shot of Moderna yesterday at CVS, will get my other one in 4 weeks.
Had a cute Asian gal named Augustine poke me grin
She asked me if I had heard of any possible side effects? I said yes it is all over the internet about people growing additional arms, legs, ears and their personal organs getting huge and then I shut up and looked at her with a grin, she laughed said that not true..

Interesting to see some of the comments about being scared?
I am not scared, it is a personal choice of what I think is best for me, my family & friends, if it helps prevent me from getting da china chit and then possibly spreading it to my wife, kids or elderly neighbors sick then so be it.

Kind of like somebody riding a dirt bike in the mountains who puts on a helmet, taking vitamins, putting on sunscreen and the list goes on of personal choices one makes that has nothing to do with being scared just using what they deem is best for them in that situation.
Scared people to me are the ones who are in the vehicles by themselves wearing a mask, supposed President Trump supporters who are scared to put his sign in their yard because of neighbors or left wing zealots and so on. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of scared people out there for many reasons, some valid others probably not.

President Trump & Melania got the shot and advocated the use of the vaccine when he was in office and I trust his judgement.

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 01:32 PM

You're welcome. When you click on Schedule Appointment if the page says they are adding more appointments, you need close out and try again in a few minutes. You want the page to say wait and we'll help you schedule your appointment.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 06:58 PM

Augustine is a boy's name.

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Got my first shot of Moderna yesterday at CVS, will get my other one in 4 weeks.
She asked me if I had heard of any possible side effects? I said yes it is all over the internet about people growing additional arms, legs, ears and their personal organs getting huge and then I shut up and looked at her with a grin, she laughed said that not true..

I am not scared, it is a personal choice of what I think is best for me, my family & friends, if it helps prevent me from getting da china chit and then possibly spreading it to my wife, kids or elderly neighbors sick then so be it.

Kind of like somebody riding a dirt bike in the mountains who puts on a helmet, taking vitamins, putting on sunscreen and the list goes on of personal choices one makes that has nothing to do with being scared just using what they deem is best for them in that situation.
Scared people to me are the ones who are in the vehicles by themselves wearing a mask, supposed President Trump supporters who are scared to put his sign in their yard because of neighbors or left wing zealots and so on. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of scared people out there for many reasons, some valid others probably not.

President Trump & Melania got the shot and advocated the use of the vaccine when he was in office and I trust his judgement.

All of this for a Saline injection.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 07:13 PM

" I let a Cute Asian gal named Augustine poke me" yingyang

Posted By: Stub

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Superduty
Originally Posted by Stub

All of this for a Saline injection.
trout

https://www.fda.gov/media/144638/download

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid
(mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG],
cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine,
tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 09:11 PM

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid
(mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG],
cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine,
tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

Acid,hydrochloride,acid,acetate.....uh NO Thank you!
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 10:17 PM

My mother got sick after taking the first shot. She went to the doctor today. Doctor said he was recommending not getting the shot. He said he was seeing a lot of patients getting sick afterwards. He said it weakens the immune system. He also recommended mom not get the second shot. She’s not going to.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
My mother is 79 and she got frostbite on her chin in 1983 while we were building some stuff on the ranch. She hasn't been able to feel her chin ever since. Nerve damage that feels like a forever shot of Novocaine basically. She got her first Covid vaccine shot a month or so ago and that night, all the feeling in her chin came back and is still here to this day. Freaky stuff.

That’s wild. Not sure why it happened, but congrats to her.

Reminds me of a story Cousin Eddie told in Christmas Vacation.

“Falls down a well, eyes go crossed. Gets kicked by a mule, eyes go straight again. I don’t know...I can’t explain it.”
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/16/21 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

That’s wild. Not sure why it happened, but congrats to her.

Reminds me of a story Cousin Eddie told in Christmas Vacation.

“Falls down a well, eyes go crossed. Gets kicked by a mule, eyes go straight again. I don’t know...I can’t explain it.”

Good stuff!

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/17/21 10:51 AM

You're welcome. When you click on Schedule Appointment if the page says they are adding more appointments, you need close out and try again in a few minutes. You want the page to say wait and we'll help you schedule your appointment.

Well, Your suggestion worked.

I was able to sign up moments ago, I have to go to Arlington this Sunday, but no biggie I can get my first dose done with

Thanks again.......

Re: Texas group 1C begins today - 03/17/21 11:40 AM

Well, Your suggestion worked.

I was able to sign up moments ago, I have to go to Arlington this Sunday, but no biggie I can get my first dose done with

Thanks again.......

You're welcome. They must have had some extra doses this week. They usually don't get new appointments in DFW until Friday mornings. CVS is surprisingly the easiest and best website to sign up from all that I've seen. I've had to help several of my older friends and relatives to get theirs.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum