Texas Hunting Forum

Insurance claims

Posted By: Hudbone

Insurance claims - 02/16/21 03:37 PM

Slid down the hill and into the office. It's worse than yesterday. Roads are a mess and did not pass any vehicles. Most agencies aren't able to open, but I knew I needed to get in here. We are in New Barnflies and have taken calls from Rocksprings to Rockdale. All this white stuff is going to create lots of soft & brown stuff. Have several water leaks (ie: bursts) and a total fire loss already. Got here at 7 and haven't even taken the messages from yesterday - that's next.

If you have a claim to report and cannot get in touch with your agent. Call in using the 1-800 claim direct line to the company and be patient. There is a lot of "hurt" taking place and the system will be overloaded. This what insurance is for and I am quite certain most all companies will be trying to do their best. Just remember, it is hard for a roofer to carry two bundles of shingles on each shoulder. This is what all insurance companies are going to be confronted with.

Stay warm & safe.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 05:05 PM

Your longest post ever, and you did it with two bundles of shingles on each shoulder..... up
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 05:10 PM

Hud your gonna be busy for a while..... I know several that have frozen pipes. Time will tell how much damage has been done.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 06:06 PM

I bet the total damage done by this weather event is on the scale of a hurricane when all is said and done.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 06:12 PM

I slipped and feff on my tailbone. I simply grinned and bared it with the help of two Advils. Next time I'm calling the man.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 06:32 PM

Bill be careful, you’re old!!

Hud hang in there, gonna get worse before it gets better

There, a post shorter than huds clap
Posted By: Blank

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 07:05 PM

Bill: The thought of you posting a picture "grinning and baring" your tailbone almost got this post nuked!! smile
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 08:43 PM

My tail bone is going to be sore, busted it this afternoon in the back yard getting some wood. Stay safe out there folks.

Bill Hope your backside is no worse than mine.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 08:54 PM

As a retired agent I can emphasize with you. This is where people find out how good that promise you sold them is. I would expect disaster claims teams to be set up by Monday.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 09:05 PM

Have a buddy who is an orthopedic rep. He’s busy as can be with fractures. Nothing against him, but it’s sucks when he is busy like this.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
I bet the total damage done by this weather event is on the scale of a hurricane when all is said and done.

Agree.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 10:17 PM

Be careful out there, someone brought a farmer into the ER that had fell, and laid there for 2 days before someone went by and found him. He was inside, if he had been outside, there would be a funeral.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Insurance claims - 02/16/21 10:23 PM

Yep. Its bearer to be safe than sorry.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum