Texas Hunting Forum

I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast.

Posted By: Roll-Tide

I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 05:32 AM

Let me preface that I have nothing to base this on.

I’ve lived here my whole life and am constantly let down by winter forecasts headlines. Zero does not seem realistic to me.
Never snows when they say.

Anyone else think 0 is a bit far fetched????
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

I’ve lived here my whole life and am constantly let down by winter forecasts headlines. Zero does not seem realistic to me.

Lol, you must be missing college football.

Yeah, they are calling for 7 down here. They usually get the temp right, so I think it will happen.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 05:40 AM

Maybe NOAA has been compromised or that HARP, High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program was used to make it happen. Or maybe it’s natural phenomenon. We will see.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 06:04 AM

Zero ain’t happn. crazy
Posted By: TCM3

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Lol, you must be missing college football.

Yeah, they are calling for 7 down here. They usually get the temp right, so I think it will happen.

They're saying 6 here now.brrr
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 06:17 AM

-6 up here, I bet it hits below zero at least. That’s some cold air coming down, look at the temps up north right now and we’re already under a winter storm warning. This sucks
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 06:21 AM

I think many areas see negative numbers. has to happen every now and again.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 06:44 AM

We’re looking at 10 days below freezing, I can’t remember the last time this happened, [Linked Image]
Posted By: drag13honda

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 07:05 AM

I'm kind of in the camp of I'll believe it when I see it as well. I will say, it is definitely possible, but I do feel like they always overhype the weather and then back off of it as the day gets closer and closer. But we'll see what happens.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
We’re looking at 10 days below freezing, I can’t remember the last time this happened, [Linked Image]

Looking at lows below freezing for 6 days straight here. 1st for me.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 10:51 AM

Don't matter to me if it zero or 5 degree, it's gonna to be stupid cold
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 10:53 AM

18 now

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 11:45 AM

All I know is the nurseries are gonna make a killing come spring!
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 12:14 PM

I'm still in flip flops and shorts
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 12:43 PM

Calling for -3 here...

Hard to believe for sure, I'm more nervous for this than any tornado or hail storm. Lol
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 12:44 PM

It’s the media’s job to hype everything.
Harold Taft wouldn’t even give a five day forecast, he said weather changes too fast in Texas.
I think he was right.
It won’t stop folks from cleaning out the grocery store though.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 12:45 PM

I`m rolling with the Tide.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 12:50 PM

School was already gonna be closed for us on Monday, late yesterday they already called school off for Tuesday as well. Usually when they prematurely shut school down like that it seems the anticipated weather never shows up. So we shall see come Sunday/Monday.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
School was already gonna be closed for us on Monday, late yesterday they already called school off for Tuesday as well. Usually when they prematurely shut school down like that it seems the anticipated weather never shows up. So we shall see come Sunday/Monday.

I call it the proof in the pudding.
Posted By: Stub

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 01:18 PM

It is unheard of for these necks of the woods, apparently it is going to get there or real close.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 01:33 PM

I hope they are wrong, but up here in East Texas I have seen 0° before (1983) and it stayed below freezing for 7 days. Everything froze at the chemical plant I worked at, had slushy ice in the radiator of my car. I didn't have an antifreeze tester and went by look, didn't do that again. They are calling for over 19" of snow over the next week, going to be hard on the power lines if they are correct.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 01:34 PM

Its been zero here before.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 01:37 PM

I'm still trying to figure out the weather.com forecast for my area. The 10 day forecast shows a low of 7 for Sunday, but the hourly forecast for Sunday from midnight to midnight doesn't show anything below 12.
Either way it's going to be very cold. With all of these days of sub freezing temps we're getting, maybe that mystical killing of bugs I've always heard about will happen.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 01:50 PM

A friend of mine knows a meteorologist and since Sunday he is told me that they are under forecasting this entire storm I laughed at him but every day they have missed the Lows and the highs where I live by at least 5 degrees. His buddyy says that this will be worse than the 83 and 89 storm so far he's more accurate than the weather apps .

Take it for what it's worth. But they were screaming rolling blackouts Monday. Last night they started telling people to conserve energy.

Posted By: kmon11

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 01:58 PM

Predict low then when it is warmer, call it global warming.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 02:05 PM

I have my fireplace going in my bedroom, nice and toasty

Waiting on Spring to arrive...........
Posted By: cbump

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 02:07 PM

It makes no difference to me.
Posted By: cbump

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 02:08 PM

I’m just pissed they canceled my fishing tournament.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass

A friend of mine knows a meteorologist and since Sunday he is told me that they are under forecasting this entire storm I laughed at him but every day they have missed the Lows and the highs where I live by at least 5 degrees. His buddyy says that this will be worse than the 83 and 89 storm so far he's more accurate than the weather apps .

Take it for what it's worth. But they were screaming rolling blackouts Monday. Last night they started telling people to conserve energy.

Yep, so far it's been colder than the forecasts for my area. We'll see
Posted By: snake oil

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 02:22 PM

I ain't taking no chances.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 02:36 PM

We haven't been close to the forecasted highs since this started. Every forecast goes lower and lower.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 02:53 PM

I've seen it colder than that here in the Permian Basin.
Posted By: Giblett

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 03:06 PM

Hope that weatherman is wrong about ice and snow. A week or so with no power in these temps is going to be rough for a lot of folks probably including me. On the bright side all the fish and game should keep well in the freezer. Mother in law down the road has gas logs for the fire place and gas cooktop.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 03:12 PM

I think we hit low single digits. Think zero is not out of the question

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Giblett
Hope that weatherman is wrong about ice and snow. A week or so with no power in these temps is going to be rough for a lot of folks probably including me. On the bright side all the fish and game should keep well in the freezer. Mother in law down the road has gas logs for the fire place and gas cooktop.

I don't see it getting that cold but I'd rather have the protection as to need it and not have it.
Posted By: mikereiling5

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by yotehater
We haven't been close to the forecasted highs since this started. Every forecast goes lower and lower.

Yeah we haven’t been close to highs yet, makes me think this is gonna be pretty accurate. If forecast holds up, zero degrees is the coldest I’ve ever been in. Global warming my a** haha
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 03:27 PM

If -4 here, so yea its possible... It hasn't been above freezing here since Tuesday night.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:12 PM

I've seen below 0 once here at the house and we've lived here 41 years.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by Giblett

I don't see it getting that cold but I'd rather have the protection as to need it and not have it.

They have snow in your forecast Bill. Might even get cold down in your area. 16° here this morning.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:19 PM

I'm hoping it won't be as bad here as they say. I'm heading in to work tomorrow to live in for 120 hours.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:19 PM

Well February 12, 1899 was the day of the Big Freeze which hit Tulia. -23 degrees. That’s pretty cold. Coldest ever in Texas.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:27 PM

I've got a pond that's about 2.5 acres and it's now frozen over.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:29 PM

We’ve been at least 5-10 degrees colder every day and night than they have been predicting, it could be a lot worse. My friends in Tulsa are saying their being told to prepare for 2 weeks of no power and temps as low as -20. Stuffs going to die and break at these temps, I’ve been in -10 degrees with a 30 mph and it’s not good, you can die real quick when your not prepared like everyone in Texas right now..
You guys play it safe,,

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longhunter
If -4 here, so yea its possible... It hasn't been above freezing here since Tuesday night.

Real location? confused2

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:37 PM

We’ve been at least 5-10 degrees colder every day and night than they have been predicting, it could be a lot worse. My friends in Tulsa are saying their being told to prepare for 2 weeks of no power and temps as low as -20. Stuffs going to die and break at these temps, I’ve been in -10 degrees with a 30 mph and it’s not good, you can die real quick when your not prepared like everyone in Texas right now..
You guys play it safe,,

My sister lives in bartlesville. They're bracing for the worst.
Posted By: Ohdangit

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:37 PM

After being out in it part of the morning and the heater taking a dump in the truck, I couldnt tell if it was 20° or -20° . Its just dang cold.
Let me add that when it gets below 65° I am cold anyways so i guess I am in for a heck of a week lol
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:44 PM

I’m heading into the attic to block off the gable vents today. They are both on the north side.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
I’m heading into the attic to block off the gable vents today. They are both on the north side.

Good move.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 05:46 PM

I hope you’re right , next Sunday is 60 in DFW
Posted By: John2

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 05:48 PM

It was 19 when I got up this morning and now it's finally up to 21. frown

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

Good move.

Got Er done.
Posted By: Espy

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 06:54 PM

Don't think there is much difference between 0-3 degrees. Been outside all morning not bad at all out of the wind. Started the generator tested the heat in the camper we are ready. Lots of people around here lost electricity the past 2 days. If we get the snow they are predicting could get really bad,

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 06:56 PM

Go into the the store mumbling to random people about weather predictions. Be sure not to wear a mask. Twitch and tik a bit.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 07:02 PM

I want to line up some of those global warming people and make them walk to the beer store...barefoot!

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 07:08 PM

I think everybody will come through just fine.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 08:23 PM

Cold weather is nothing. It's only here for a short time.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
I want to line up some of those global warming people and make them walk to the beer store...barefoot!

Global warming has been replaced by climate change.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 08:35 PM

I’ve been in west Texas when it is in the single digits. It’s a different kind of cold. On a side note I have yet to turn the heater on at my house this winter. Got down to low 50s a couple times and slept like a baby.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
I’ve been in west Texas when it is in the single digits. It’s a different kind of cold. On a side note I have yet to turn the heater on at my house this winter. Got down to low 50s a couple times and slept like a baby.

I have a problem of turning mine above 65°.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 10:13 PM

starting to see it
Posted By: 603Country

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 10:38 PM

Supposed to get to -2 here Tuesday morning. We’ll see if I’m ready or not. No power for over 2 days now, and almost out of propane for the big generator. Run it for an hour or two in the mornings to make coffee and heat breakfast and shut it down. Trying to make the propane last till they show up with the truck, whenever that will be.

Went to the hardware store and bought their generators (plural), and there’s propane heat where I can’t put a generator. Put anti-gel in the Diesel vehicles.

Took the chainsaws and tractor and cleared the trees and limbs out of the roads to here, so the propane guy can’t say he couldn’t get here. Thank the lord for my new hardworking neighbor. He was a big help today. Big sturdy guy. We were out in the 25 degrees all afternoon. I’m whupped and cold to the bone. Can’t quit shivering.

Can’t quit whining either. Got nobody else to whine to, so just listen and nod.

-2.....seriously?

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 11:13 PM

You should go see one of your children or grandchildren.. They owe you.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
Supposed to get to -2 here Tuesday morning. We’ll see if I’m ready or not. No power for over 2 days now, and almost out of propane for the big generator. Run it for an hour or two in the mornings to make coffee and heat breakfast and shut it down. Trying to make the propane last till they show up with the truck, whenever that will be.

Went to the hardware store and bought their generators (plural), and there’s propane heat where I can’t put a generator. Put anti-gel in the Diesel vehicles.

Took the chainsaws and tractor and cleared the trees and limbs out of the roads to here, so the propane guy can’t say he couldn’t get here. Thank the lord for my new hardworking neighbor. He was a big help today. Big sturdy guy. We were out in the 25 degrees all afternoon. I’m whupped and cold to the bone. Can’t quit shivering.

Can’t quit whining either. Got nobody else to whine to, so just listen and nod.

-2.....seriously?

You need to get the shivering under control. Not a good sign. Hoping for the best.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/13/21 11:26 PM

I don’t see how anyone could have been alive and awake the past 20 years and not see the weather guys do a damn good job. If you’re within 24 hours they can pretty much tell you down to the hour what the weather will be.

Of course their forecasts are going to be tweaked and changed as you go further out. They aren’t God. But they’re still pretty good.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 12:05 AM

Back when real weathermen earned their money.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Superduty

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Stub

[Linked Image]

Ol Harold Taft.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 12:31 AM

It’s been 12 or 13 several times since we moved here 11 years ago. This ain’t all that different.

All is good. Relax.

PS - I always thought Harold was the GOAT.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Superduty
Originally Posted by Stub

[Linked Image]

Ol Harold Taft.

We had don woods in Tulsa. They were cut from the same cloth. RIP.
Posted By: Blank

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 02:33 AM

Been 15 degrees for 3 days, and snowing like a bi-ch. Shoveled 3 times today already, and just put on a pot of coffee and going out for round 4!!

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Blank
Been 15 degrees for 3 days, and snowing like a bi-ch. Shoveled 3 times today already, and just put on a pot of coffee and going out for round 4!!

Location, location, location.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 02:58 AM

Grew up with my Mom saying “well he ain’t Harold Taft” but he’s pretty good
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 03:20 AM

If we don’t hit 0° here in NTX I bet we ain’t far off

I think this one coming gets us close
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 03:41 AM

yes. im back in the blizzard camp

my daughter is stuck in Austin till Tuesday. Southwest cancelled her flight for tomorrow.

i told her this would happen but what do us Dad's know?
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 04:18 AM

-16° & dropping here...
flag
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 04:20 AM

33.4 here
Posted By: TLew

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 04:32 AM

The biggest change I've seen in the forecast isn't temperature but precip. It was supposed to be 4 inches or so over Sunday - Wednesday. Now they are predicting 10". Kids will love the snowmen, I'll be worrying my [censored] of on stuff breaking.

Now I truly understand my youth enjoying snow days while my dad was always working around the house.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 12:21 PM

I'm ready and waiting but on the fence about the forecast. Tomorrow morning we will see if the Meteorologist hedged a little to CYA.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 12:28 PM

Looks like they are backing off the 0 for DFW, now most are predicting that it is going to be a Balmy 6-7 degrees Tuesday am thank God rofl
Now Fox4 news is still saying 3 degrees Tuesday am so we are not out of the woods yet up

There is a winter storm warning that was just issued saying we DFW/ North, TX will get 4'-8" of snow today through tomorrow.
There is about 3/4" of snow on the ground here now.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 12:33 PM

Seems like today would be a good day to stay off the roads. Looks like Houston and everything south of San Antonio have been spared.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wytex

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 03:43 PM

We were -15 this morning and a little dusting of new snow on top of yesterday's. Steady rise in temps for us all week, into the 20's. Authorized travel came in if we decide to go check the ranch today, we can use the close road to get there.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wytex
We were -15 this morning and a little dusting of new snow on top of yesterday's. Steady rise in temps for us all week, into the 20's. Authorized travel came in if we decide to go check the ranch today, we can use the close road to get there.

Location?

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 04:53 PM

Wyoming
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 05:07 PM

It is 0 in Amarillo as I type this. Just sayin...

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by QMC SW/EXW
It is 0 in Amarillo as I type this. Just sayin...

Loud and clear.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 05:29 PM

I’ve got a limited amount of firewood, so saving for if/when the power goes out.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 06:30 PM

Wyoming

Laramie, Wyoming

Spouse is off to the local gun show, didn't know about it til last night.

We're at about 4 now with a little breeze coming up. Officially Laramie's temp is -6 right now, that is out at the airport on the plains or along the river.
Posted By: tenyearsgone

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/14/21 06:36 PM

Our local news hysterics are really hoping it's -1,000 degrees so they can commandeer the TV all day to zoom in on a melting spec of ice on a stop sign in BFE.
Posted By: hetman

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 01:39 PM

its 0 in cisco

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 01:46 PM

Not on the fence anymore. I am now a believer.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 01:46 PM

-2 in San Angelo, and no power
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 01:57 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 02:36 PM

Looks as if today could be just as bad as last night.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 04:43 PM

Didnt hit 0 in the metro, but got down to 4. Forecast shows low of 5 tonight. Then we are out of the woods bs

How close did it get in your neck roll?

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 04:45 PM

We were at -1 when I got up at 5 this morning,
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 04:56 PM

Wednesday is going to be worse power wise because now they're saying probably more ice than snow. There will be lines down. Guess they wont have to bother with "rolling outages."
Posted By: jsteve

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 07:17 PM

7 a.m. was 0 here between Hillsboro and Itasca.
Posted By: hawk

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 07:30 PM

-1 in Angelo this morning.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 07:41 PM

9 here at my house this morning.
Posted By: majekman

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/15/21 07:48 PM

Bud on Llano river in Mason co had zero at 6am
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 12:05 AM

Zero made it's debut!

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 12:21 AM

Two local weather channels are calling for 0 degrees for tomorrow mornings low here in Dallas
Posted By: mikereiling5

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 12:23 AM

Well, definitely not far fetched and only getting colder
Posted By: Phlash

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 01:59 AM

It was -10 at my house this morning in Pampa, Tx. I spent a big part of the day thawing the water line at the church. Some parts of the Panhandle hit -14. It's not the coldest we've been, but it's close.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 03:21 AM

Oh SNAP !!

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by mikereiling5

Well, definitely not far fetched and only getting colder

Predictions on the THF tend to be consistently wrong. But I’d rather not have this degree of cold.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 04:21 AM

I have several wagers at the office. So far we’re holding steady at 9 degrees. We are using DFW airport as the official location.
I don’t think it will hit zero at DFW. I got a few Benjamin’s on it.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 04:25 AM

Pete delkus just stated low of zero at dfw tonight...

We rarely get as low as he says so i would say you have smart money.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 04:45 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntindude

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 08:18 AM

0 degrees in east Texas right now
Posted By: Troy king

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by huntindude
0 degrees in east Texas right now

[Linked Image]
Yep
Posted By: wp75169

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 10:33 AM

[Linked Image]

Van Zandt County
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 10:50 AM

[Linked Image]

I knew it would as soon as you made this thread!
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 10:53 AM

-4 in Grayson county!

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 11:16 AM

BS is Real this is at 5:16 this am

https://www.wfaa.com/weather/
CLEAR 0
Feels Like: -9°
Humidity: 80%
Wind: 5 mph NNW
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 11:19 AM

Man they need to turn on or off that HAARP weather control machine and move this outta here

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 11:28 AM

-4 in Paris right now, I’ve been up all night keeping the faucets checked for freezing, I’m tired barf
Posted By: Texas452

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 11:32 AM

It’s cold
Posted By: wp75169

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 11:39 AM

-4 in Paris right now, I’ve been up all night keeping the faucets checked for freezing, I’m tired barf

I was blessed and got to quit doing that yesterday. I shut off the heat in my reloading room and second living area to conserve what I could. Who knew there was random water line in the wall there. Turned off the water and drained the house down. Don’t forget to turn off the water heater, don’t want to burn it up too. Fortunately I filled the tub two days ago and can at least flush the toilets for a few days. The queen is worried about her showers. I don’t think she’s up to speed on the potential if we get an ice storm tomorrow like some models are predicting. She really won’t like plan C.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 11:45 AM

So far we haven’t had any issues nor lost power but I didn’t want to find out the hard way on anything freezing up. I think the next 24 hours up here will get pretty sketchy. Calling for another 6”s plus of snow on top of the 7-8” we already have with up to an inch of ice from freezing rain. I hope their wrong but so far it’s been worse than they’ve been predicting so time will tell. I’m worried about our greenhouse now, it’s not set up to keep warm at below zero temps, it’s down to 44 right now.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 11:56 AM

Accuweather says it is minus 2 now here.
Posted By: Rglover

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 12:07 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 12:10 PM

It`s 16 degrees here this morning with a forecast high of 30.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 12:12 PM

[Linked Image]

It’s cold outside,
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 12:22 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BigfootWallace

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 12:28 PM

-2 here in Palo Pinto

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 12:28 PM

Channel 11 news said it was -1 degree at DFW airport and that is the official reporting site.
Posted By: kry226

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 12:39 PM

Hall County.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tbar

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 01:08 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 01:19 PM

[Linked Image]
Minus 2 this morning - we get 15 or 30 min of power every couple of hours, so I’m fighting freezing pipes - so far I’ve managed to barely keep them open - very tired!

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 01:22 PM

Put on your shades. Help is on the way. Ever heard of radiant heat?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 01:24 PM

I’m calling bs on you for calling bs

[Linked Image]
bs
Posted By: TCM3

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 01:31 PM

We got down to 8... That's cold enough..
Posted By: angus1956

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 01:34 PM

Gunter, TX checking in this morning.
[Linked Image]

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 01:40 PM

-1 in Frisco

0 degrees at DFW

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 01:58 PM

Good things come to those who wait.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:08 PM

Wrong, -2 at 5:00am near Lantana

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:33 PM

What was the official dfw temp?

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:37 PM

It's zero here this morning.
Electric is ok, goes off intermittently.
Internet carrier is out, using hotspot on the iPhone.

crazy stuff

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:37 PM

The low here at 0230 was -3
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Wrong, -2 at 5:00am near Lantana

[Linked Image]

Perfect song for the weather lol.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:46 PM

9° here this morning, 5° over in the Wimberly hole.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:48 PM

-3 this morning and -2 yesterday morning.
Have seen -7 once about 10 years ago. It can happen but is very rare.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:51 PM

Someone must be busy counting out those benjamins.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:53 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:56 PM

20°
Posted By: Blank

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 02:57 PM

Never thought we would be 30 degrees warmer here in Idaho, than you guys are in Texas today!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Espy

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 03:00 PM

Local weatherman said Waco hit -1 degrees eeks333
Posted By: Jasb

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 03:23 PM

-9 and 14 inches of snow south of Abilene
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 03:31 PM

Was -2 in Texarkana at 7:00am
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 03:38 PM

"Let me preface that I have nothing to base this on.

Anyone else think 0 is a bit far fetched????"

Nope, not all, -1 in Tyler..
Posted By: Guy

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 03:42 PM

5 degrees this morning in Dallas...
Posted By: BDB

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 03:48 PM

-2 at my house in terrell this morning
Posted By: Cochise

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 03:52 PM

-7 at the house in Van Zandt county this morning

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 03:59 PM

I just wanna know if roll paid or got paid clap
Posted By: texasag93

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 04:04 PM

Zero was the low in Denton this morning.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 04:21 PM

25 degrees warmer than my last post. It’s actually nice outside. Hardly any wind blowing but that’ll change tonight when next phase comes. Suppose to be in the 60’s this weekend. Come on weekend. Power on after shut off at 230 am. It was 49 inside when I got up this morning with space heaters roaring.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 04:27 PM

The Longview paper said we set a new record low of -5° this morning, my weather station a few miles east showed -7°. Remind me not to complain about July & August.
Posted By: MO

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 07:03 PM

Colder today in Rusk than Anchorage,'

MO
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
What was the official dfw temp?

-2 officially at DFW. Only been colder one time in the 1800's.
Posted By: Judd

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 08:07 PM

This thread didn’t age well.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Judd

Consider who started it peep

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by Judd

Consider who started it peep

In all seriousness I hope the OP is OK.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 08:26 PM

What says you now? Most of the state was below zero this morning.
Posted By: TKM

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 08:29 PM

Thermometer in my back yard showed -2 this morning.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/16/21 09:40 PM

It is now 36° on my patio and a little drip, drip, thawing from the radiant heat.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/17/21 05:43 PM

How much did you have to pay out?

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/17/21 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

400. Like an idiot I went double or nothing on snowfall amount

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/17/21 06:41 PM

rofl

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/17/21 07:00 PM

What was the bet on snowfall? We def got less snow than was predicted...
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/17/21 09:01 PM

Dang, and that was your 11,000th post too. Congratulations on 11K sorry about the 400.00

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/19/21 07:41 PM

-5° was our low on the 16th. That was plenty cold of me.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/19/21 08:07 PM

Once again Roll-TidePod was correct.....just a bunch of bs

No snow, ice, or sub-zero temps.....this was all just a figment of everyone’s imagination!

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/19/21 08:16 PM

This post didn't age well.

Re: I’m calling BS on 0 degree forecast. - 02/19/21 08:22 PM

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum