Texas Hunting Forum

Irreplaceable things . .

Posted By: Bullfrog

Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 12:36 AM

I have found in life there are irreplaceable things so you better enjoy them while you can. I could name a TON of things but I’ll say just 2. A good firm hug from your Dad and the voice of a 2yo son as they start forming words.

At some point in life, they will cease to exist so realize them before they’re gone.
Posted By: Ohdangit

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 12:38 AM

Very much so. I miss my pop's and his big ol hugs.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 12:38 AM

Hate to threadcrap on this but I know quite a few who would disagree with number one.

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Payne
Hate to threadcrap on this but I know quite a few who would disagree with number one.

Well, I feel sorry for em
Posted By: reed35

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Originally Posted by Payne

Well, I feel sorry for em

X2
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 12:49 AM

At some point in life, they all things will cease to exist so realize them before they’re gone.

fify

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 01:37 AM

Gonna let that slide
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 01:42 AM

I am irreplaceable. yingyang
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 01:51 AM

I agree with you brother.

If I was offered a billion dollars, or one more day with either one of my parents....

You can keep the money.

cheers
Posted By: jimbob

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 01:54 AM

Profound

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:00 AM

Lately he’s been saying “Hewwo Daddy”

I wanna get it recorded so I can hear it forever
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:07 AM

My dad passed 23 years ago and still miss his hugs and words of wisdom.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

If I was offered a billion dollars, or one more day with either one of my parents....

You can keep the money.

cheers

Me too
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 03:03 AM

I totally understand your enthusiasm for your 2 yo boy... I will say though, it will get even better! I hear people say "I miss when they were so and so age". I don't. It's so much fun watching them grow and learn and do. My boy is a fishing and hunting fool, and it's so fun watching him make mistakes and learn an get better. I wouldn't want to go backwards.

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
I totally understand your enthusiasm for your 2 yo boy... I will say though, it will get even better! I hear people say "I miss when they were so and so age". I don't. It's so much fun watching them grow and learn and do. My boy is a fishing and hunting fool, and it's so fun watching him make mistakes and learn an get better. I wouldn't want to go backwards.

Believe me, I’ve said since he was born I wish he was 5 already lol. I’m still going to miss the sweetest sounds of a 2yo. Our oldest didn’t talk until almost 5 so maybe I’m more sensitive to it
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 03:26 AM

Family

Good friends

Time away from work

Last but not least..... a standard transmission
Posted By: TLew

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 03:38 AM

There is too much to say that is irreplaceable. Often glimpses in time that we may or may not appreciate as they happen, but often look back with that otherworldly hindsight wishing we could recreate them or last in the memory a little longer. Too often we take for granted normal events that happen every day.

Miss my dad like no other and thought about him as I walked back to the SxS to fetch my deer earlier this year. There were a lot of good times that were irreplaceable. There were also difficult times of discipline where I can say the same even though I may not have enjoyed it at the moment.

Enjoy the moments, never forget that someone is watching you -- learning, soaking it all in -- and that the most admiral part of taking part in irreplaceability is that it cannot be duplicated.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 04:47 AM

You can keep the money.

cheers

My dad would spend the entire day smacking me for not taking the money.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY

Last but not least..... a standard transmission

Wisdom
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 08:02 AM

You can keep the money.

cheers

My Dad would tell me to take the money......he was smart.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 12:19 PM

I have found in life there are irreplaceable things so you better enjoy them while you can. I could name a TON of things but I’ll say just 2. A good firm hug from your Dad and the voice of a 2yo son as they start forming words.

At some point in life, they will cease to exist so realize them before they’re gone.

That is what life is all about.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:22 PM

My father passed away 10 years ago yesterday. Been the longest 10 years of my life. I do miss that man.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:30 PM

I don't much care for facebook and i do not have an acount or care to have one, but my wife has one and posts stuff about the kids. One thing i sure do like about it is it will pop up reminders of things you posted 1 year or 3 years or 5 years ago etc. Love getting those flash backs of the kiddos, or the wife an I on a night out etc.

Wish i could have another day with my opie, no offense to my other relatives that have passed, but he was easily the most missed and grieved person of my life to this point. Would do anything for anyone always had his grandkids one or all even after our omie/his wife passed away. Never ran out of patience or failed to discipline when needed. God I miss that man.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit

You can keep the money.

cheers

Me too

yep

I was sitting next to my old man during thanksgiving and were were talking about the things we'd say to mom if she was there. We both found it hard to talk about it.

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:34 PM

Happened to the wife this morning. FB reminder of her Dad passing today, 10 years ago.

I walk through the house and my 2yo is casting YouTube vids from a dang iPad to the tv like a boss. I can’t say how I feel about it but he sure likes it

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:42 PM

Happened to the wife this morning. FB reminder of her Dad passing today, 10 years ago.

I walk through the house and my 2yo is casting YouTube vids from a dang iPad to the tv like a boss. I can’t say how I feel about it but he sure likes it

LOL, my 6 yr old baby girl has her own little tablet now and getting pretty good with it. Getting ready for school this morning and she's taking pictures with it. I take a look at her pictures, plum full of selfies (I hate selfies). Made her start deleting them. She says "but Dad, Mom lets me take selfies". I said, "do I look like your Mom?".

bang

but back to topic......my kids will never meet their Grandparents, I think about that a lot. Truly irreplaceable.
Posted By: Zipster

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:44 PM

I will have to say my wife. Once you go through cancer with someone not knowing if they will survive, you really learn to appreciate them. She's my best friend, and dread the day she passes.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:46 PM

LOL, my 6 yr old baby girl has her own little tablet now and getting pretty good with it. Getting ready for school this morning and she's taking pictures with it. I take a look at her pictures, plum full of selfies (I hate selfies). Made her start deleting them. She says "but Dad, Mom lets me take selfies". I said, "do I look like your Mom?".

bang

but back to topic......my kids will never meet their Grandparents, I think about that a lot. Truly irreplaceable.

To lighten the mood... If you do... you must a been DDDDRRRRUUUUUNNNNNNNNK! cheers

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 02:51 PM

roflmao clap

After the divorce, I went through pictures of us and of her and I couldn't help but think to myself........damn, was I drunk the ENTIRE marriage?

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 03:38 PM

roflmao clap

After the divorce, I went through pictures of us and of her and I couldn't help but think to myself........damn, was I drunk the ENTIRE marriage?

They blame that. Little do they know it’s the remedy! roflmao
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 03:43 PM

so far its becoming clear why some members are the way they are.

you can have anything i got but

1. my daughter
2. my dog

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
so far its becoming clear why some members are the way they are.

you can have anything i got but

1. my daughter
2. my dog

It's called humor, lighten up.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 03:56 PM

Bullfrog I’m with you. I never imagined how much I would change having my 2.5 year old son. I’ve never felt more happiness, fear, and a bunch of other things ever since having him. My old man is very old school, but I will miss him every day when the lord decides to call his number.

Something my old man sent me that is my screen saver at work.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 04:10 PM

Yesterday`s can never replaced, so try to enjoy them today so you don`t regret it tomorrow.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Irreplaceable things . . - 12/08/20 05:09 PM

Yesterday, my granddaughter brought the robot over that I bought her. We put it together but she lost a piece off of it and wanted me to fix it so she could show her online class mates what her and her pompaw built.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum