Texas Hunting Forum

Serious question

Posted By: Biscuit

Serious question - 10/27/20 11:38 PM

If one wanted to watch or read the news, unbiased. You know, just to learn what’s going on and form my own opinions about who and why.

Where should I look ?

I ask this seriously, not sarcastically.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Serious question - 10/27/20 11:40 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Serious question - 10/27/20 11:40 PM

dont watch or read they news and trust your gut.

Their symbolism doesn't lie, you could start there.
Posted By: AMF

Re: Serious question - 10/27/20 11:42 PM

Doesn't matter what source somebody suggests, somebody else is gonna say "Oh, bullsheet!"
Posted By: Guy

Re: Serious question - 10/27/20 11:52 PM

None of it you can trust 100% unbiased. Google "news bias chart" will tell you who is slanted left or right, and in the middle. But the ones trying to stay "unbiased", they are more focused on being politically correct, so can't listen to them either. JMO, listen to them all, and form your own opinion.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Serious question - 10/27/20 11:52 PM

Had that same question a couple of months ago...I'm still looking.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:01 AM

Haven't found one. I got so tired of the Lies and NFL and Hollywood I Cut The Cord To All Of It.

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Haven't found one. I got so tired of the Lies and NFL and Hollywood I Cut The Cord To All Of It.

What do you mean "cut the cord"? Pretty much everything is running over the internet these days, and you obviously have not cut that cord.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:12 AM

Interesting news site. Note the sources tagged center for your answer.

https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news

I would seriously read Al Jeezera over CNN or MSNBC and a few others. Used to follow BBC but they seem to have developed a case of TDS.

Epoch Times is worth checking in on too.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:14 AM

Good luck in your search

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

all mojor media owned by 6 corporations that are anti American. Fox news is about 25-50% truth.

On a side note the media black out I was talking about a few months back has started. All of "alternative" channels that are not mainstream have been deleted off the net in the last two weeks. If its not put out by the 6 corporations is being taken down, hidden, scrubbed.They all started dropping a day before the smoking crack and sex tapes were released. Will only get worse for a good while.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:42 AM

I think One America News Network (OAN) is one of the best on TV. I don't subscribe to any newspapers anymore and I don't trust anything on the web.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 01:01 AM

Newsnation

WGN
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
I think One America News Network (OAN) is one of the best on TV. I don't subscribe to any newspapers anymore and I don't trust anything on the web.

OAN for the Win!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 01:36 AM

OAN, News Max for TV news........Epoch Times is a great newspaper!!!!
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
OAN, News Max for TV news........Epoch Times is a great newspaper!!!!

This
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 04:46 AM

Know what God says in his word. Everything else becomes very simple after this. There is but one truth.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 05:30 AM

Rantingly.com
Posted By: Stub

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 11:09 AM

OAN
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 11:53 AM

Reuters for unbiased.

While I too like OAN, I am very aware of their bias.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:16 PM

Like a coworker who said he didn’t watch the debate but caught the highlights on CNN. he don’t have a clue what happened in the debate. Fox is not much better they just lean my way. I’ve learned to try to go to the source, watch in it’s entirety, whatever it is. Not the opinions news outlets form of what happened in the world. I say it’s a tough road to find news. I listen to news, if something interest me I research it to try to get the facts.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit
If one wanted to watch or read the news, unbiased. You know, just to learn what’s going on and form my own opinions about who and why.

Where should I look ?

https://justthenews.com/

they give you the whole story along with supporting documentation.

p.s. While I like OAN they are far from unbiased. I'm also a fan of the western journal.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:27 PM

rofl News is the same thing as reading a history book. It just depends who has the most money to get it distributed. If you weren't there don't believe it and if you were don't trust what your remember.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:28 PM

One story on OAN you won't see anywhere else.
https://youtu.be/7x-biB_JrcU
Posted By: chalet

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:49 PM

I don't watch a whole lot. But, I think the key is when I do watch is to try to sift the actual information out of all the BS they spin or package it in regardless of the channel and come up with my own thoughts or feelings.

24/7 news coverage via multiple channels is a waste of resources. How much news does 1 person need? Seriously, you need the weather, markets, update on whose [censored] we may be kicking around the world then get back to livin.
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 12:55 PM

The MSM won’t publish that story. I doesn’t fit their anti Trump narrative. Their job is to protect Biden and the China loving global investors.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 01:12 PM

There was a time when we got local news in the morning (6:30 AM), national news at 5:30 PM with local again at 6P and 10P. 24 hours news coverage is turning some people into rutabagas and conspiracy freaks. 99% of what the news reports doesn't even apply to us personally. People need to calm down.

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Thanks sir

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Know what God says in his word. Everything else becomes very simple after this. There is but one truth.

Yessir and I have been spending more time there lately
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 01:15 PM

Guy nailed it. Listen to them all. Search for dissenting opinions on the same subject and use that along with your values to formulate your own opinion. Anyone who gets their “news” from a single source is doing themselves a major disservice.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by NDN98
Reuters for unbiased.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Folks may like the news better on OAN, but unbiased it is not
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit

Where should I look ?

Seriously, I do not believe that 100% unbiased news even exists anymore.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 02:20 PM

Unfortunately, these days, you have to aggregate your own news from several different sources of all slants and them form your own opinion. What isn’t covered is just as biased as what is covered and especially what is covered from one angle only. Refusal to cover a story (like the Biden corruption scandal) is a form of bias. But if you only watch one outlet 100% of the time, you may think they’re unbiased. Omission of coverage is just as biased as covering a story with a known bias.

In other words, what outlets don’t cover is as bad, possibly worse, than what they do cover, so you have to aggregate the news yourself.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

New news to me, thanks for posting.
Posted By: TheCswift

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 02:46 PM

I usually start with Crossroads with Joshua Philipp. If I need to look further I try to find the source of the information. But a lot of the time it is somewhere in between either side. up
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 02:47 PM

Al Jazeera News probably has more of an unbiased approach than any of the MSM we are offered at this point.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by NDN98
Reuters for unbiased.

roflmao

No they are not......they constantly attack Trump like all the rest (Reuters).....OAN is biased toward keeping the constitution and liberty for all Americans......
Posted By: Sidebuster

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 05:24 PM

I have the answer. Watch Bill O'Reilly every Mon - Thursday at 7:00 pm on "The First" channel. If you don't have this channel, you can pay $50 per year and watch his podcast whenever you want. He has a degree from Harvard and has been to over (80) countries. Has a lot of inside info. He's been in the business for 45 years and has always been a independent. He has voted both Republican and Democrat. He never says who he is voting for until this year. He thinks a Biden administration would destroy the country. He also never makes campaign donations to any party.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 07:53 PM

Use multiple sources as mentioned above and understand the source. I also agree that wire services or news agencies are a good starting point.

News Agency
A news agency is an organization that gathers news reports and sells them to subscribing news organizations, such as newspapers, magazines and radio and television broadcasters. A news agency may also be referred to as a wire service, newswire, or news service.

Although there are many news agencies around the world, four global news agencies, Agence France-Presse (AFP), Associated Press (AP), Reuters and EFE have offices in most countries of the world and cover all areas of information. All four began with and continue to operate on a basic philosophy of providing a single objective news feed to all subscribers; they do not provide separate feeds for conservative or liberal newspapers. Jonathan Fenby explains the philosophy:

To achieve such wide acceptability, the agencies avoid overt partiality. Demonstrably correct information is their stock in trade. Traditionally, they report at a reduced level of responsibility, attributing their information to a spokesman, the press, or other sources. They avoid making judgments and steer clear of doubt and ambiguity. Though their founders did not use the word, objectivity is the philosophical basis for their enterprises – or failing that, widely acceptable neutrality.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_agency
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 09:58 PM

FOX NEWS
Posted By: Sidebuster

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 10:03 PM

Fox news ain't what they used to be. If they were, they wouldn't hire someone like Donna Brazile who tried to cheat and give Hillary debate questions in 2016.

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 10:14 PM

that is our job to control what people think.

Posted By: tlk

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 10:14 PM

I struggle with wanting to stay current on events while not bogging myself down with the BS from ALL directions - some days when I log in to my home page (yahoo) the "news" stories are ridiculous - Cardi B, Kardasheans , and the like. Who sits around and reads this junk?

So I head to the deer lease and try to ignore it all
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 10:51 PM

I think some folks on here don't understand the difference between "unbiased" and "bias I agree with".
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Serious question - 10/28/20 11:19 PM

News has become entertainment, it's certainly not education.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Serious question - 10/29/20 02:31 PM

I have no idea
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Serious question - 10/29/20 06:29 PM

This might help too: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...ly-wont-agree-with-this-chart-2018-02-28

Re: Serious question - 10/29/20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
I think some folks on here don't understand the difference between "unbiased" and "bias I agree with".

Exactly. roflmao
Posted By: TLew

Re: Serious question - 10/29/20 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by SherpaPhil

Bingo. Like I said, some may like OAN better, but it is not unbiased

Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer

I actually don't agree with that chart, and it is flawed throughout the spectrum on what is liberal leaning vs what is neutral vs what is conservative leaning. You mean to tell me NBC is neutral? Not likely. Similarly, you think Fox is more conservative than OAN, not even close.

It does get one thing right -- Christian Science Monitor is pretty neutral
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum