Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed

Posted By: S.A. hunter

Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 01:06 PM

Whats that weather look like up there. The wife is up there and apparently there is some winter weather going on. Where can I check road conditions for her?
Posted By: AMF

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 01:16 PM

LUBBOCK WEATHER
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 01:29 PM

Planning my first pot of chili Wednesday night.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Planning my first pot of chili Wednesday night.

Yeah, I love the first blast of cold air. We do the same every year.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 01:47 PM

PM Hops.........

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Duke107

Appreciate it. I found txdot Lubbock but it wasn't very helpful. I was looking for maybe a local link with some up to date info.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 02:06 PM

The flyovers are icy, there have already been lots of wrecks this AM. Surface roads are fine as there wasn't a lot of moisture. Tell her just to be cautious and alert and she should be ok. Avoid any overpasses if possible.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 02:06 PM

https://www.kcbd.com/2020/10/26/flyovers-closed-lpd-responds-weather-related-crashes/
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 02:19 PM

She can go visit my Mom if she gets stranded. Mom makes the best fried chicken ever.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 02:24 PM

FWIW, it just started sleeting here in Abilene

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by HuntnFly67
FWIW, it just started sleeting here in Abilene

Yeah, she picked a perfect time to go up there. 3-5 inches of snow tonight.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dry Fire
She can go visit my Mom if she gets stranded. Mom makes the best fried chicken ever.

Lol, I'll let her know mama dry fire will leave the light on for her.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
The flyovers are icy, there have already been lots of wrecks this AM. Surface roads are fine as there wasn't a lot of moisture. Tell her just to be cautious and alert and she should be ok. Avoid any overpasses if possible.

Appreciate it. Its supposed to get bad tonight. I told her to take all her stuff with her just in case she can't make it back to her hotel tonight.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 02:55 PM

Supposed to be this way for the next 2 days as well
Posted By: Panhandler

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 03:19 PM

Overpasses are icy. But for the moment, as long as you use a little common sense, you are good to drive. Unfortunately however, common sense seems to be lacking with a majority of people on the road. This report is likely to change in a few hours as more weather blows in.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 03:37 PM

S A Hunter, I'm less than two hours away here in Midland. If you or your wife need anything at all, if she has trouble, etc please don't hesitate to let me know. I will help any way possible.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
S A Hunter, I'm less than two hours away here in Midland. If you or your wife need anything at all, if she has trouble, etc please don't hesitate to let me know. I will help any way possible.

Appreciate it. The good thing is she'll be up there for a couple of more days. By that time the weather pattern should break.

She's up there for the biggest thing to happen in Lubbock since the Crabtree reception.
Posted By: PROLINE19

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 05:05 PM

must be the HEB grand opening.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 10:56 PM

Just caught up,on my mowing, just in case. Never know what tomorrow will bring. Ready either way.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 11:11 PM

^^^^ Two coats of different colors smile

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

^^^^ Two coats of different colors smile

Thanks a bunch. One of my favorite.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 11:19 PM

Getting worse, schools have already been announcing the late starts and closings for tomorrow. The farther north and west the more schools have closed, our immediate area is mostly late starts.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 11:24 PM

Just watched the local weather report. They drew a little line. I'm in the middle.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 11:25 PM

Just watched the local weather report. They drew a little line. I'm in the middle.

So helpful on a thread about Lubbock

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by z71dustin

That line was moving west by southwest. Figure it out.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/26/20 11:54 PM

Oh, he's been a font of support, all day long, on a thread that a man's worried about his wife. bang As I've posted before...lack of empathy is one of the first symptoms. Seriously, I speak from experience.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

Oh, he's been a font of support, all day long, on a thread that a man's worried about his wife. bang As I've posted before...lack of empathy is one of the first symptoms. Seriously, I speak from experience.

Still burning about your mistake on peaches?

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 12:04 AM

Peaches compared to a man's wife. Wow. Bill, 'sorry to disappoint you, bit it's not about you all the dam time. Another symptom.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 12:06 AM

The wind just switched to the northwest. Bring it.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 12:06 AM

Georgia you say?
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 12:09 AM

Geez.

Leave Bill alone. He’s an elderly widower. This is about the weather. Ease up.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 12:14 AM

I'll throttle it back...you're right. But age and marital status does not automatically give you a pass to not not give a crap about anybody else. A man's wife's safety isn't on par with when another man's thinking about making chili.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 12:50 AM

Thank you. On the other hand, I do think it does have everything to do with his age and status.
He’s elderly and lives alone and contributes to this forum. And gets more criticism than anyone on here.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 12:57 AM

When you try to make every thread about you it starts to annoy people.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Payne
When you try to make every thread about you it starts to annoy people.

Well articulated...
Posted By: erathar

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 02:01 AM

I think some of yall take Bill too serious. I hope to have his wit when I'm his age. Hell, I hope to make it to his age in general.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Thank you. On the other hand, I do think it does have everything to do with his age and status.
He’s elderly and lives alone and contributes to this forum. And gets more criticism than anyone on here.

Hear, hear.

You guys always bang on Bill. I dont think you realize nothing yall can say can bring him down.

Bill my friend, you can post on my threads all you want. You have already lived the life I am strive for. Everything from the many years with that beautiful wife, to raising that exceptionally brilliant daughter, to sitting back and enjoying retired life. You my friend have won at this thing we call life, and I admire you for it.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

Hear, hear.

You guys always bang on Bill. I dont think you realize nothing yall can say can bring him down.

Bill my friend, you can post on my threads all you want. You have already lived the life I am strive for. Everything from the many years with that beautiful wife, to raising that exceptionally brilliant daughter, to sitting back and enjoying retired life. You my friend have won at this thing we call life, and I admire you for it.

Well said!

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 02:07 AM

The wife made it back safe tonight. She was also able to sneak her team up to Lubbock before thing get bad. Tonight they are calling for 4-8"of snow. She might be snowed in tomorrow morning though.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 03:19 AM

The wife made it back safe tonight. She was also able to sneak her team up to Lubbock before thing get bad. Tonight they are calling for 4-8"of snow. She might be snowed in tomorrow morning though.

If I can help in anyway let me know. I’m delayed until 10am and work for good people if I’m needed beyond that.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 12:22 PM

If I can help in anyway let me know. I’m delayed until 10am and work for good people if I’m needed beyond that.

I appreciate it. Looks like yall got more ice then snow. I haven't talked to her yet, but I did look at the radar map. If that's the case I think she'll make the right call for her and her team, and just stay at the hotel.

How often do yall get this kind of weather up there?

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 12:27 PM

I appreciate it. Looks like yall got more ice then snow. I haven't talked to her yet, but I did look at the radar map. If that's the case I think she'll make the right call for her and her team, and just stay at the hotel.

How often do yall get this kind of weather up there?

Not very often, our winters are typically dry and these events usually aren’t extended like this. Most snowfall is under 1-2”. But every few years we get one that’s 6-12”.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 01:07 PM

I miss snow days in Lubbock, always made for some fun days.

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/27/20 03:15 PM

Apparently the roads are pretty bad, she said she chet he pants three times but made it.

Quit shooting you be careful out there.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/29/20 02:45 PM

Well, did everybody survive up there?

Re: Anyone live in Lubbock? Weather report needed - 10/29/20 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Well, did everybody survive up there?

Yep, the weather broke yesterday.

Although my wife is gonna stay some extra days up there, because her replacements flight got canceled twice because of the weather.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum