Texas Hunting Forum

Beeville TX

Posted By: scalebuster

Beeville TX - 10/19/20 02:29 PM

What Restaurant do I need to eat at tonight?
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 02:47 PM

Beeville Diner will stop your stomach from growling.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by scalebuster

Expanding your territory?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 03:37 PM

Doesn't STXRANCHMAN live in that general area?
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 04:05 PM

Pizza Hut

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Expanding your territory?

Yes, I’m down here making new friends. It’s always good to be headed south or west.

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 05:09 PM

Had a couple of great quail leases just west of there.

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

You think I should give him a call and invite myself over?
Posted By: decook

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 06:05 PM

Speaking of Quail Bill, when I was dove scaring this weekend I saw .5 different coveys of bobwhites. Some were 5 to 8 birds and a couple others were 15+
VERY cool to see this.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by decook
Speaking of Quail Bill, when I was dove scaring this weekend I saw .5 different coveys of bobwhites. Some were 5 to 8 birds and a couple others were 15+
VERY cool to see this.

What county?
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 07:35 PM

Well, You said "I’m down here making new friends" so why not?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 07:41 PM

The Sonic at 2000 S St Marys St, Beeville, TX
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 07:45 PM

It's been a long time for me, but the Shorty's restaurant in Beeville used to be really good and a happening place.
Also, there used to be a little convenient store/BBQ joint not far from the high school that had the best BBQ sandwiches ever! Don't remember the name of the place now. I lived there for 5-6 yrs, but this was in the late 80's/early 90's. I left there in 93. I believe Shorty's is still there.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 07:50 PM

roflmao

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 09:42 PM

Thanks for the info. I just picked up some barbecue for the room. Sitting in the motel parking lot enjoying a cigar and a cold Bullet.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 09:58 PM

What kind of cigar? 'Gotta be hot down there today. (So hot that beer would actually tasted decent I imagine. bolt)

And...

...no.

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
What kind of cigar? 'Gotta be hot down there today. (So hot that beer would actually tasted decent I imagine. bolt)

And...

...no.

I like my cigars cheap. It’s 96F here and beer always tastes good no matter the temp.

I was wondering why I couldn’t find STXRANCHMAN in the Beeville phone book.

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 10:10 PM

Obi Juan lives in Goliad County.

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 11:24 PM

It's been years but. I found a decent counter cafe in Skidmore while quail hunting down there.

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 11:25 PM

Diversion from his previous, erroneous statement.

Re: Beeville TX - 10/19/20 11:41 PM

It's been years but. I found a decent counter cafe in Skidmore while quail hunting down there.

I used to play the drums in a little country church in Skidmore, went rabbit & dove hunting there quite a bit back in the day. I must have missed the cafe there. This was around 1990 - 1992.

Re: Beeville TX - 10/20/20 12:12 AM

The cover this year is unbelievable down here. My hunting partner and I will be splitting time between a place outside of Laredo and Blues in west Tx. I’m fired up for the Bobs down here. I’ve been hearing good reports.good reports also on Blues in Crane. I saved all of my vacation because I figured I’d get the COVID. I’ve yet to put on a mask but I have to for a meeting in the morning. I may have already had it because I felt bad for a few days weeks ago. I have three weeks to burn for quail season or I lose it. I’m not losing a day! It’ll be lots of driving but it’s ok when we can stay for a while.

Re: Beeville TX - 10/20/20 12:17 AM

Its been my experience that the dryer years are better for bob white quail in the coastal prairies. We found a record number in 2011 in a pasture in Wharton county.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Beeville TX - 10/20/20 12:37 AM

The cover this year is unbelievable down here. My hunting partner and I will be splitting time between a place outside of Laredo and Blues in west Tx. I’m fired up for the Bobs down here. I’ve been hearing good reports.good reports also on Blues in Crane. I saved all of my vacation because I figured I’d get the COVID. I’ve yet to put on a mask but I have to for a meeting in the morning. I may have already had it because I felt bad for a few days weeks ago. I have three weeks to burn for quail season or I lose it. I’m not losing a day! It’ll be lots of driving but it’s ok when we can stay for a while.

Awesome. I can sense the excitement in your typing. cheers

Re: Beeville TX - 10/20/20 12:38 AM

Hope yall do some good. We have lots of dove & quail in SE Duval county too.

Lots of cover with all the rain.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Beeville TX - 10/20/20 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

Technically he floats... With the force of course

smile

Re: Beeville TX - 10/20/20 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by skinnerback

Technically he floats... With the force of course

smile

He's been sighted all over the place, "But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion."

Re: Beeville TX - 10/20/20 01:28 AM

roflmao

Re: Beeville TX - 10/20/20 03:27 AM

Its been my experience that the dryer years are better for bob white quail in the coastal prairies. We found a record number in 2011 in a pasture in Wharton county.

As long as we have more in south Tx than we did last year in Throckmorton county I’ll be happy. That won’t be hard to do. Last year we found two small coveys with 12 hunters and 75+ dogs on 19K acres. A few years ago it was 25-30covey days. The blues in west Tx were the only thing that saved our year.

I’ll wager I’ll have two good dogs and a pup next year, and I’ll also bet they’ll all be brittanys.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Beeville TX - 10/20/20 09:32 AM

No Shorty's in Beeville no longer. Their 32 oz sirloin would lap over the plate.

Re: Beeville TX - 10/20/20 11:45 AM

As long as we have more in south Tx than we did last year in Throckmorton county I’ll be happy. That won’t be hard to do. Last year we found two small coveys with 12 hunters and 75+ dogs on 19K acres. A few years ago it was 25-30covey days. The blues in west Tx were the only thing that saved our year.

I’ll wager I’ll have two good dogs and a pup next year, and I’ll also bet they’ll all be brittanys.

We do better in dryers years because there is less grass and more weeds. Quail are not good scratchers and the seeds are easier for them to eat.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum