Texas Hunting Forum

Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First....

Posted By: Stub

Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/20/20 11:56 PM

If I am at the house on Sunday I usually do the yard stuff in the morning then watch the Cowboys then grill out.
Unfortunately the NFL has totally bent all the way over and is receiving the left wingers in the rear end including the Cowboys ( "I was going to say Cowgirls") but do not want to offend those whooo hooo wonderful Country Cowgirls

I tell you it pains me not to watch the NFL, but it has turned out to be a Godsent. I am doing stuff around the house that would have been on perpetual hold had these feeble minded people not given up their dignity to appease what they think will keep them aligned with the least past of resistant into their bank accounts.

So instead of the Boob tube, I painted a bench that should have been done two years ago.

Lets hear it from the usual die hard football fans that decided to do something else instead up

I have a greater appreciation for painters today after the painstaking, messy BS just to paint a bench nuts

So instead of this.

[Linked Image]

I did this up

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/20/20 11:59 PM

upGood job on the bench.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:00 AM

Nice bench up
Posted By: rickym

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:04 AM

I sat in a field tryin to help a heifer to her feet for hours.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:06 AM

Bench looks great. I worked 5hrs of overtime this morning and did my yard this afternoon.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:08 AM

Love the bench.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:13 AM

I stopped watching five years ago. Didn't like the caliber of players nor the ridiculous officiating.

Imagine what you can accomplish in five years of Sunday afternoons..........it's been great.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:16 AM

Now you have a place to put your assat.

grin
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Superduty
Now you have a place to put your assat.

grin

X2
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:42 AM

That bench looks good! I have one that needs a wood stringer replaced. Any suggestions?

This afternoon I puttered around in the yard clearing grass and weeds that had grown between the cracks in the pavestone floor of our pergola.

Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by aerangis
I worked clearing grass and weeds that had grown between the cracks in the pavestone floor of our pergola. And work on our pool.

Its amazing how productive a person can be without the distraction of TV.

its always been a distraction of paid clowns to keep folks divided and not knowing their true power.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:52 AM

Try giving up TV for the other 6 days of the week. You think today was productive? That’s nothing.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:52 AM

I gave up on football several years ago, after constantly reading about some player getting trouble with the law, college and pro sports both became a non issue.
Posted By: TexasKC

I mowed the yard, went for a drive in my old jeep then spread rye grass seed on my new tank dam just before it rained. Had a great day.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 01:00 AM

Time we'll spent
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Bench looks great. I worked 5hrs of overtime this morning and did my yard this afternoon.

Me too. Got 5 hours OT. You should see the results on YouTube tomorrow.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
I gave up on football several years ago, after constantly reading about some player getting trouble with the law, college and pro sports both became a non issue.

..I remember, Cowboys fan.

grin
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 02:14 AM

Hell I just sat in the back yard and enjoyed a beautiful afternoon. Screw the NFL and their political BS!!
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 02:19 AM

No football for me.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 02:38 AM

I am out on everything including college after herbie had his fake [censored] breakdown on saturday morning. I watch golf now and it is cool to play in the office and see the sights.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 02:51 AM

I, too, skipped Cowboys today. Instead, picked up my shop & garage & spent time w/my kiddo.
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 02:53 AM

Finished putting gutters on the back of the cabin at the ranch. Filled my first spin feeder for the year, a 600 lb stand and fill. 8 to go. Those will be next Sunday afternoon.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 03:43 AM

I'm at work, so even though the day room went through 3 games today, I did not watch, but there was no way not to hear it. Wasn't hurt one little bit.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder
I'm at work, so even though the day room went through 3 games today, I did not watch, but there was no way not to hear it. Wasn't hurt one little bit.

I spent last Sunday on shift, in my room, because I refuse to take part. They all feel the same way I do but don't have enough conviction to pull it off!
Posted By: texfork

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 10:12 AM

I also no longer watch Pro sports but still find it hard to get my rear off the couch . Great job on the bench Stub . up
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 10:18 AM

Looks good Stub. Accomplishment is a wonderful thing.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 10:28 AM

After decades of religiously watching the Cowboys, I have not watched one second of any game or coverage. Yesterday, I spent the majority of the day with my wife. We accomplished nothing except just being together. It was fantastic!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 10:44 AM

Drove around counting Trump signs.....
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:03 PM

Looks great Stub, that’s time well spent.
Posted By: BigfootWallace

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:26 PM

Lifelong football watcher here, I had multiple fantasy teams ever year, went to games, etc. I quit watching last year.

Yesterday I planted 11 acres of wheat yesterday and a little patch of Turner Seed fall mix. Went fishing for a little bit and caught about 5 bass and then finished out the day dove hunting.

I don't miss sitting inside on a couch every Sunday watching grown men play games one bit.
Posted By: AMF

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:36 PM

The last time I turned on NFL was when Colin Suxadik took a knee during the anthem and nothing was done about it.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 12:47 PM

I don’t support the communist stooges of the NFL
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 01:24 PM

I started losing interest in football when I was 19. Over the years I just lost interest more and more till I no longer cared for it. I suppose I grew up and no longer needed the entertainment and wasn't sold on the hype.
Now with the anti-American politics I am quite surprised that they have fans at all. They have done a good job of advertising making people think that they "gotta have my football"
Seeing grown men so obsessed with football also turned me off.
Posted By: ep2621

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 02:58 PM

They hate America. I love America. I consider that irreconcilable differences so I quit watching.

I don’t find the NFL or any other sport more important than my values.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 04:12 PM

Drove home from lease early, unpacked the truck, worked on some of mommas honey dos, ook a nap because I didn’t get much sleep at the lease this weekend and got some ammo loaded. All in all it was a pretty productive day.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 04:19 PM

I didn't watch a minute of any sports this weekend. I also got some honey do's completed and went to Home Depot to get stuff to do more honey do's. I'm so fed up with all the pro sports. My wife was watching the Emmy's last night, and it was so bad I to leave the room.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 04:23 PM

Hung lights around the pool and pulled the steering column out of my Jeep. I haven't watched a second of college or pro football this year for the first time in probably 40+ years.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Thread For The Folks That Put Our Country's Value First.... - 09/21/20 04:24 PM

We entertained clients and put them on some serious bird hunting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum