Texas Hunting Forum

Astros are HOT

Posted By: Walkabout

Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 12:07 PM

Astros game 3 of 4 vs Seattle first pitch 1:10 this afternoon. Zack Greinke gets the start today. New arms in the bullpen but getting it done on the mound. Still no YORDAN but the bats have been hot so who cares. One more on Monday with Seattle and then look who comes to town.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 12:32 PM

Aren’t we boycotting MLB?
Posted By: Stub

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 12:34 PM

Yep I bet Houston is really proud of their kneelers loser8

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 12:42 PM

In.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 12:46 PM

Geez you guys are everywhere. We’re talking, watching ASTROS baseball here if you don’t mind. CNN is 24/7 go enjoy yourself.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 12:47 PM

Malfunctioning puppets is all they are.
bs

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 12:59 PM

Boycotting to me means the few rotten apples spoiled the whole basket. Many of those players not only step. Up to the plate it the game. They also step u to the plate when help is needed.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus

I am.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

[Linked Image]

True colors...
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 01:16 PM

As a lifelong fan I hardly ever missed a game ...until now and Im done with All pro sports for now.
You can watch and condone this behavior for your entertainment needs or choose not to support and send the right message. Sure have a lot of time for more important things now
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by stillhntr
As a lifelong fan I hardly ever missed a game ...until now and Im done with All pro sports for now.
You can watch and condone this behavior for your entertainment needs or choose not to support and send the right message. Sure have a lot of time for more important things now

up
Posted By: Deans

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 01:36 PM

[Linked Image]

Was hoping the Astros would not do this. They just lost me as a fan and supporter.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 01:40 PM

So do they keep a camera on the guy beating on the trashcan now?
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

I am.

X2

Seeing grown men making big bucks playing a game and kneeling like they're some kind of martyr for a cause, is beyond rediculous.

Paying money to see it, more so.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisB
So do they keep a camera on the guy beating on the trashcan now?

Yeah, have they started cheating yet?
Posted By: don k

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 02:21 PM

If everyone would stop paying attention and stop talking about them they would probably quit that sh*t. They are like little kids. Quit paying attention to what they are doing and it isn't fun anymore and they quit.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 02:24 PM

To heck with all sports I won't even watch the Bassmasters I'm done with all of it. If it doesn't have one of my grandkids in it I won't bother.
Posted By: TonyWornick

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 02:27 PM

I'll tune into rodeo events. They still stand and honor the flag the way it should be honored.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 02:27 PM

Hopefully Altuve takes a few wild pitches to the crotch.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 02:58 PM

[Linked Image]

That’s disappointing. To me that means management probably told them to kneel. If they didn’t there probably would have been some that stood. Astros have many players from other countries that the star spangled banner does not hold the same meaning to.
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 03:00 PM

They won't stand for the flag but are OK with cheating. I'm gone.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 03:19 PM

I’m so fortunate that God made me NOT addicted to the boob tube and professional sports......when you’re gone no one will talk about or relive the hours upon hours sitting on your a$$ watching a game IMO......
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Deans

[Linked Image]

Was hoping the Astros would not do this. They just lost me as a fan and supporter.

Guess cheating their way to a WS wasn’t enough

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Walkabout
Geez you guys are everywhere. We’re talking, watching ASTROS baseball here if you don’t mind. CNN is 24/7 go enjoy yourself.

You have it all wrong! The people that watch CNN support these types of Anti American disgraceful actions.

I on the other hand cannot stand nor understand how any law abiding American citizen with any kind of morals could possibly watch there by support this outrageous disrespect of our National Anthem and country!

BTW I watch FOX and OAN and proudly fly the Texas and American flag on my flag pole in the front yard.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 03:30 PM

Worth repeating

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
I’m so fortunate that God made me NOT addicted to the boob tube and professional sports......when you’re gone no one will talk about or relive the hours upon hours sitting on your a$$ watching a game IMO......

Unless you was a bookie.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 03:41 PM

Disgraceful, I'm out. Rangers didn't kneel in their opener but the pre-game BLM BS was enough for me to turn the channel. Done with them too. Skrew them all.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Boycotting to me means the few rotten apples spoiled the whole basket. Many of those players not only step. Up to the plate it the game. They also step u to the plate when help is needed.

Even overpaid pro sports employees need tax deductions.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Disgraceful, I'm out. Rangers didn't kneel in their opener but the pre-game BLM BS was enough for me to turn the channel. Done with them too. Skrew them all.

Not all of them...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 04:20 PM

Timing couldn’t be any better for them to step up and do something with their money and their time; somehow I have missed it don’t know why they would keep it a secret.....

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by rickym

Not all of them...
[Linked Image]

I should have said they didn't kneel during the National Anthem. That pic was during the BLM moments...or should it be BLM (bowel) movements?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 05:20 PM

cheaters, kneelers, aholes

I'll watch some Cowboy Football though bolt

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Even if some of them Cowboys take a knee during the anthem? I guess I should clarify the all inclusive United States National Anthem?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 06:18 PM

I don’t get hung up on the political BS. I just enjoy watching a good baseball game.

For those interested, first pitch was at 1:10.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
I don’t get hung up on the political BS. I just enjoy watching a good baseball game.

kinda agree
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 06:50 PM

Unfortunately, the players are the ones who made it political. I was just trying to enjoy baseball games, they ruined it.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 08:48 PM

All players in both dugouts stood for God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch, in case you were wondering.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 09:55 PM

All players in both dugouts stood for God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch, in case you were wondering.

Oh so the God Bless America and National Anthem takes a 7th inning back seat for Morons who kneeled against her before the game so they could honor/ recognize POS criminals that died while committing crimes hammer and I guess that makes it all okay loser8
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 10:02 PM

This is the new cap they introduced...
[Linked Image]
I’m gonna get two...
One to crap on, one to cover it up.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 10:06 PM

Verlander our for the season.
Posted By: don k

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 10:13 PM

Quit paying attention to the idiots and it will go away.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 10:14 PM

Verlander our for the year with an elbow injury, so they’ll be less hot.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Verlander our for the year with an elbow injury, so they’ll be less hot.

Wow, just heard it here.
Posted By: djs303

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 10:30 PM

During the opener Friday the Astros did kneel for BLM stuff, but when the anthem was played all players on the Astros and Mariners stood while it was played.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 10:37 PM

Lost JV. Welcome back to the Big League Dusty. James will get the nod for first pitch tomorrow evening. Has decent heat should be fine. Framber Valdez starts vs the Dodgers. Gets interesting after that.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 10:44 PM

popcorn

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Even if some of them Cowboys take a knee during the anthem? I guess I should clarify the all inclusive United States National Anthem?

Buzz? popcorn
Posted By: SR025

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 11:23 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 11:51 PM

That’s funny

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by SR025
[Linked Image]

Now that’s funny, and I’m an Astros fan.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by djs303
During the opener Friday the Astros did kneel for BLM stuff, but when the anthem was played all players on the Astros and Mariners stood while it was played.

That changes everything. Now I can support the gutless bastards.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/26/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by djs303

That changes everything. Now I can support the gutless bastards.

Welcome back!

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 02:35 AM

“If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the he-- out of the country,” Ditka said in an interview with TMZ Sports. “That’s the way I feel. Of course, I’m old fashioned, so I’m only going to say what I feel.”

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/mike-ditka-national-anthem-respect
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 02:37 AM

FK 'em all!!
Posted By: maximum

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 02:59 AM

If you run from the police, then struggle when they're
trying to cuff and stuff you, they should have a free
hand to do whatever it takes to get you under control.
Act like you have a brain, and you'll likely cruise
through life with little interaction with law enforcement
officers. A good many of us already have

Chris Rock has a yoofloob video on how to not
get your a$$ kicked by the poe leece, but unfortunately
I'm unable to post it
Posted By: maximum

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 03:03 AM

JMHO- I don't watch games that these nearly-a-felons play.
I don't care to see any protests against law and order when
criminals get caught and lose their lives trying to escape
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 05:29 AM

Unfortunately, they are hung up on political BS.

Your support only encourages them, & leads to more.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Walkabout
Lost JV. Welcome back to the Big League Dusty. James will get the nod for first pitch tomorrow evening. Has decent heat should be fine. Framber Valdez starts vs the Dodgers. Gets interesting after that.

Baseball never gets interesting.

Personally, I hope they piss off more people all season & they go broke, forced to eat [censored] before they starve to death.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 03:00 PM

Done with them. barf

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
“If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the he-- out of the country,” Ditka said in an interview with TMZ Sports. “That’s the way I feel. Of course, I’m old fashioned, so I’m only going to say what I feel.”

Atta boy Iron Mike tell it like it should be cheers
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 10:06 PM

I don't give 2 squirts about the cheating. I want my teams to cheat. It means they care enough and want to win.

The kneeling? Screw that, I'm out.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 11:01 PM

Its my understanding that Josh Reddick lives in the same subdivision as a THFer. If his mail ended up in your box, would you take it over and spit in his face?

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros...m-special-needs-kids-Astros-13096077.php

"Josh Reddick Stadium, designed for kids with special needs, opens in Astros outfielder's hometown
Austin Laymance Updated 8:08 am CDT, Monday, July 23, 2018"

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 11:05 PM

I'm hoping the new Corona spread in the Marlins forces cancellation of the season for all of them. Skrew all of them. Get them off TV. They can kneel in their own living rooms instead of in mine.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 11:13 PM

I'm hoping the new Corona spread in the Marlins forces cancellation of the season for all of them. Skrew all of them. Get them off TV. They can kneel in their own living rooms instead of in mine.

Including Josh Reddick?

"ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Astros outfielder Josh Reddick couldn't hold back tears Sunday morning as he scrolled through his phone, looking at pictures and videos that were sent to him from Saturday's grand opening of Josh Reddick Stadium in Effingham County, Ga.
Reddick donated $1 million to develop a fully accessible baseball field in his hometown for children with special needs. The complex features artificial turf and accessible dugouts, so those in wheelchairs can participate."

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 11:31 PM

Including Josh Reddick?

"ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Astros outfielder Josh Reddick couldn't hold back tears Sunday morning as he scrolled through his phone, looking at pictures and videos that were sent to him from Saturday's grand opening of Josh Reddick Stadium in Effingham County, Ga.
Reddick donated $1 million to develop a fully accessible baseball field in his hometown for children with special needs. The complex features artificial turf and accessible dugouts, so those in wheelchairs can participate."

Did he kneel?

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 11:33 PM

Including Josh Reddick?

I'm sure there are more stories like this out there but that doesn't excuse the disgraceful action and the condoning of kneeling during the national anthem.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/27/20 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Including Josh Reddick?

Look it up. I posted something earlier about letting a few rotten apples spoiling the whole bushel.

Did he kneel?

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 12:24 AM

Great game. Bergman retakes the lead.

[Linked Image]

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 12:43 AM

The rookie relief pitcher looked good, 3 outs with pitches.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 12:46 AM

The rookie relief pitcher looked good, 3 outs with pitches.

Took him a little longer to get the next three outs but he prevailed.
cheers
Posted By: swampthang

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 12:50 AM

Midget just hit one out.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 12:50 AM

Home run. Big sticks are out.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 01:06 AM

Its my understanding that Josh Reddick lives in the same subdivision as a THFer. If his mail ended up in your box, would you take it over and spit in his face?

"Josh Reddick Stadium, designed for kids with special needs, opens in Astros outfielder's hometown

He just got another RBI. He's a decent player plus a patriot. flag-waver,. loyalist. nationalist. partisan. volunteer. good citizen.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 01:13 AM

He just got another RBI. He's a decent player plus a patriot. flag-waver,. loyalist. nationalist. partisan. volunteer. good citizen.

Just keep justifying your patronage.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 01:21 AM

Funny Jimbo,
Don’t recall any Ranger threads lately.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 01:33 AM

cheers

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 02:19 AM

Osuna is one Astro that I don't hold with.

No bottom of the ninth. Early to bed.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 02:33 AM

Verlander out for the season

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 02:53 AM

Yesterday’s news Buzz. Today’s news is he may be back before the end of season.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

Atta boy Iron Mike tell it like it should be cheers

Yep!
Posted By: NightRanger

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 03:27 AM

Including Josh Reddick?

Did he kneel?

Did he kneel during the National Anthem....Nope, what part of neither team kneeled during the NA, do you not understand? Obviously they did not kneel in your living room.

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 03:28 AM

Yesterday’s news Buzz. Today’s news is he may be back before the end of season.

afraid the season is already over

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by NightRanger

Including Josh Reddick?

Did he kneel?

Did he kneel during the National Anthem....Nope, what part of neither team kneeled during the NA, do you not understand? Obviously they did not kneel in your living room.

Let. Me. Go. Slow. For. You. Did.........He...........kneel?
Posted By: NightRanger

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 03:49 AM

During the National Anthem......No

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 03:56 AM

Did I say anything about the national anthem?

Re: Astros are HOT - 07/28/20 04:30 AM

I can't wait for pro baseball, pro football and pro basketball to crumble and die. Ask the Dixie Chicks what happens when you alienate your audience. Oh wait, they aren't even called that anymore.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum