Texas Hunting Forum

What’s the worst dish your wife makes?

Posted By: Junbengreat

What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:04 PM

What’s the worst dish your wife makes that you’re forced to eat? Mine is anything she makes homemade?

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:05 PM

Here goes nothing

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:07 PM

Don't remember.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:10 PM

My ex used the smoke detector as a cooking timer.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:12 PM

I busted out laughing at that.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:19 PM

The wife is a great cook. But...when we have company she often makes some kind of egg, bacon, bread casserole thingy, and I truly dislike it. Kind of like quiche. Yuck. She gets mad when I won’t eat it.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:20 PM

The one she doesn't cook. Ain't gonna gritch bout another human fixen my nourishment, but then again, I dint marry her because she could cook.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:26 PM

Meatloaf.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:28 PM

My wife is a fantastic cook/baker. Can't think of a single dish that's bad. She likes to cook so almost all our meals are at home. We were talking a bit ago about her buttermilk pies, ready for one.

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
The one she doesn't cook. Ain't gonna gritch bout another human fixen my nourishment, but then again, I dint marry her because she could cook.

Great house cleaner? confused2

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:36 PM

A group of four maids come in every other week. Look it up.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:44 PM

Pancakes.

She burns them every time. Every damn time.

I told her I was not eating them anymore.

It does not stop her.
Posted By: Sailor

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:50 PM

I don't have a wife...…..(thankfully)……………
But when I did...……….It was Tuna Casarole………………
It was so nasty, a German Shepard, wouldn't eat it...………………….
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:53 PM

I am not married but most of my friends are....one of them told me he had to do all the cooking because his wife could not boil water.

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:53 PM

Let’s see if it’s edible

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:55 PM

My bride is a great cook, after 37 years she wont fix what I wont eat. And I don't remember being forced to do anything....
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:55 PM

Mine can burn water.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:57 PM

Wives are suppose to cook?

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/12/20 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Mine can burn water.

No boiled eggs for you.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:03 AM

Just about anything “new” she tries to make. Luckily we have pretty similar taste but there’s been a few I’ll skip. Cowboy casserole comes to mind.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:05 AM

I like to cook and so does my wife After 33 years together, I know what she likes and vice-versa. It works well for us so it is still enjoyable to cook.
Posted By: pnh

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:09 AM

My wife of 43 years is a great cook. The biggest failure she had was 30 something years ago when she came up with this great recipe for beanie weenie casserole! The kids and I still give her hell about that one! She even admits it was a complete failure! Damn dog ran off!
Posted By: Espy

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
My ex used the smoke detector as a cooking timer.

Thats a good one roflmao
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:13 AM

After being together this long, she knows what I like, but still likes to try new recipes, she knows if I don't like it not to waste time trying it again.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:14 AM

Beans, she can't make beans mad
Posted By: majekman

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:14 AM

When wife was alive I did all the cooking. She would try on occasion but fail miserably. When she would announce she was gonna cook supper all the kids would immediately call “every man for himself night”...
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:16 AM

I do most of the cooking, well maybe about 60% of cooking. She is an excellent cook, but she just doesn’t like things as spicy as I do.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Longhunter
My bride is a great cook, after 37 years she wont fix what I wont eat. And I don't remember being forced to do anything....

Same with my bride....SpitFire is a great cook.....
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:32 AM

Chicken and dumplings is about the only thing i won't eat.

My wife owned a restaurant back in the day, there isn't much she cooks that isn't delicious
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:36 AM

My wife is a terrific cook. After 10 years she knows what I like and what I refuse to eat. I'm basically meat & potatoes and she's Vietnamese. She makes it work.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Mine can burn water.

You beat me to it, I was going to say Boiled Water. She was never taught to cook at home by her mother or stepfather. Her sister did all of the cooking. Now when it comes to baking, she is really good at that. I have done the cooking for the past 30 years and have taught her how to cook a few things. For some reason she will not add any seasoning, no salt, pepper, onions or anything else the recipe calls for.

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 12:53 AM

Shes got u trained well.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 01:03 AM

About twice a year my wife makes chili using her father's recipe. On the surface that doesn't sound too bad. However she was born in NH. People in NH do not know how to make good chili! No spice, no snap, no hot peppers. I have to put a whole bunch of hot sauce in it, which pisses her off because the recipe doesn't "call" for any.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 01:16 AM

She burns everything

She cooks all things until they have no moisture

She cooked a roast in a crock pot once that came out powdery

She could sell her chicken straight to Jack Links

Her parents cook the same way

They consider it their “style” of cooking

I really don’t know how I got here.

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 01:21 AM

A group of four maids come in every other week. Look it up.

Plays the piano and has a great personality? confused2
Posted By: MikeC

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 01:23 AM

Tuna is about the only thing that she makes that I won't eat but It doesn't matter who makes tuna anything I won't eat it. Of course after 46 years she's got me figured out but I'm still trying to figure her out.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 01:36 AM

My wife doesn’t make anything that I’m forced to eat.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Junbengreat
Let’s see if it’s edible

[Linked Image]

Guessing that was edible?
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 01:43 AM

Pigs in a blanket and fried rice, neither of which we eat anymore. Almost everything else she burns. I do 99% of the cooking.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:11 AM

MY wife doesn't make a bad dish.
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:11 AM

My wife is a really good cook. About the only thing she cooks I don't like her spagetti. I've convinced her over the years to slack off on the can diced tomatos and its better than years back.

If there is anything else she cooks that I don't like its my picky eating. My mother grew up on a cattle ranch in Mill Creek Oklahoma and cooked way different than my wife. My mother grew up cooking for her family and working cowboys. She could cook, bake you name it and it was country/ranch food and dang good.

I had an exwife I didn't like anything she cooked, she would put raw onions in Jello!!!
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:12 AM

I can't stand onions.

My wife can't stand onions.

I will eat anything she makes.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
MY wife doesn't make a bad dish.

Yep. I live in close proximity to a few good cooks even if one is an adopted uncle roflmao
Posted By: aerangis

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:24 AM

My wife doesnt cook. I do all the cooking.

For a reason smile
Posted By: mikereiling5

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:29 AM

luckily my wife is a pretty good cook, she has made 2 bad meals. one was a tilapia thing when we first started dating. the other was today, and it was homemade pizza that she forgot to put in yeast in. lol
Posted By: TLew

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:50 AM

There's a reason I've put on weight since travel has been nonexistant during covid....I'm doing all the cooking. My wife doesn't cook much well. She can do a good chili, she makes a great Christmas breakfast casserole (only time she ever makes it), and she can do a mean salmon filet. Other than that, it's all me.

Tonight was smoked meatloaf...don't knock it till you try it
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:54 AM

My wife finally gave up learning how to fry chicken. No problems otherwise.
Posted By: Ben Kabisch

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 03:00 AM

my wife got into all this clean eating 3 years ago so EVERYTHING she makes is healthy, which I can go w most of it even though everything has almost no taste, but I'm Italian and LOVE spaghetti and my wife makes the absolute WORST healthy spaghetti you can make...she gets mad when I dont eat it but I've told her that's 1 thing I will NOT eat....if you're gonna make it, make it right or I'll go to grocery store and do it myself...we dont eat spaghetti much anymore!lol
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 03:26 AM

Lets put it this way, I Do ALL the cooking she cleans up.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 03:30 AM

None......she’s hot and a great cook..... banana
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 06:39 AM

My wife can cook about anything, except a steak...

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 09:47 AM

Yeah, here too. My wife developed a beef allergy a few years ago. The doc seems to think she got bit by a tick which ingested an enzyme and left her with a durn allergy to the most prevalent, utilized & tasty meat source in all o' TX. They used to giver a pill and that didn't work real well. Really has changed my eating habits, kinda akin to that there Patty Hearst syndrome.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 10:06 AM

I won’t eat chicken spaghetti, I don’t care who makes it. On the group dove hunt last year, the guide served chicken spaghetti and French bread. I ate half the French bread barf

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 10:15 AM

You got guys you hunt with who serve chicken? Really? Chicken? Sounds like a Texas Lite thing fer sure.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 11:21 AM

Really not too much bad she makes.
She does have a propensity to overcook meat- especially pork- until it dries out.
Occasionally, she will try a recipe from a magazine or something but those usually don't get repeated.
She is prone to take a recipe and "swap out" or "supplement" the listed ingredients- usually with disastrous results.
I have learned, over the years, not to complain or not to go on too much about it. If you complain, no bueno and if you go on about it you'll have the same thing every week until you can't stand it anymore.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 11:43 AM

My wife is a great cook and baker. However, I don’t know that she makes a bad dish, but I don’t like some of them, and everyone else brags about how good it is. She makes a couple of casserole dishes I won’t eat, I don’t eat any casseroles no matter what. Bread Pudding is another thing she gets requests for to make that I can’t stand.

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by LonestarCobra
My wife is a great cook and baker. However, I don’t know that she makes a bad dish, but I don’t like some of them, and everyone else brags about how good it is. She makes a couple of casserole dishes I won’t eat, I don’t eat any casseroles no matter what. Bread Pudding is another thing she gets requests for to make that I can’t stand.

I'm ready for a new list about the great dishes your wives make.
Posted By: redhaze

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 11:48 AM

My wife is a fantastic cook. I have the spare tire to show her receipts off.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 11:56 AM

Shes got u trained well.

I thought the same thing till I ate her sisters cooking. Apparently spices were in short supply in their house when they were growing up.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 01:18 PM

I have taught my wife well - but she rarely cooks. I do 90% of the cooking.

My MIL on the other hand sick
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 01:58 PM

My wife is a good cook but she's very picky about what she eats. It's rubbed off on my kids which I hate. So even when she tries something new, it tastes just like something old. I need variety.

When I run to the store for something I'm famous for picking up all kinds of other stuff that "looks good". That doesn't always go over very well. But I like cooking and trying different things or at least the same things in different ways.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:03 PM

My wife has always had a flair and talent for cooking. We're talking gourmet stuff here.

There are no worst dishes. If she has one that disappoints, it does not come back.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by TLew
There's a reason I've put on weight since travel has been nonexistant during covid....I'm doing all the cooking. My wife doesn't cook much well. She can do a good chili, she makes a great Christmas breakfast casserole (only time she ever makes it), and she can do a mean salmon filet. Other than that, it's all me.

Tonight was smoked meatloaf...don't knock it till you try it

smoked meatloaf can be delicious.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:34 PM

My wife is a pretty good cook and is good at coming up with new recipes. I wouldn't say there's really any dish that I just wouldn't eat. She cooks it, and i'll eat it.

There's one pasta dish she makes that has the shell pasta, some sort of red sauce, pan sausage, corn, and a bunch of other stuff, but the cheese that gets added to it will absolutely ruin it. Not sure what cheese it is, but the aftertaste is almost non-edible. Last go around i made her leave the cheese out and it was pretty good.

We've recently started consuming much less carbs and there was this cauliflower casserole she made....nope! Can't do cauliflower.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:37 PM

During our early years I learned not to ask my wife when supper would be ready. Yes, that's one of those many things you learn as a young husband to avoid. I soon learned that if she was hungry, it wouldn't be long so I just stared asking her that. If she said no, I knew it might be a while.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 02:51 PM

My wife is an excellent cook, no complaints.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 03:30 PM

I do most of the cooking
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 03:42 PM

Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff and generally any pasta dish. She overcooks the noodles and they are basically mush. She also refuses to salt the pasta water.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 04:46 PM

When my wife cooks she orders it for me on the Whataburger ap... thanks covid.

We have been married 8 years and I do not believe she has ever cooked a meal for me.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 04:52 PM

I experienced an epic failure of lemon meringue pie from a girlfriend. She was a country girl and did a lot of cooking from scratch. Well, she spent hours in the kitchen whipping up this lemon meringue pie. After supper she cuts me a big piece of pie and I have to admit it looked like something you'd see in a magazine. Just beautiful. I took a bite of it and it literally locked my jaw up. I sat there, not saying a word and waited for her to take a bite. I was really relieved when she made this awful face and blurted out "That's terrible." If she had liked it, I would've had to eat the whole darn thing. The only thing we could figure out was that she switched the quantities of salt and sugar. Instead of a tablespoon of salt and 2 cups of sugar, she used a tablespoon of sugar and 2 cups of salt. The world's most beautiful lemon meringue pie went in the trash.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 04:54 PM

Worst one of all was the low carb pizza last week sick
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 05:16 PM

3 things.

My wife is a great cook.
I cook more than not just the way the schedules work.
I'm not a picky water.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
I experienced an epic failure of lemon meringue pie from a girlfriend. She was a country girl and did a lot of cooking from scratch. Well, she spent hours in the kitchen whipping up this lemon meringue pie. After supper she cuts me a big piece of pie and I have to admit it looked like something you'd see in a magazine. Just beautiful. I took a bite of it and it literally locked my jaw up. I sat there, not saying a word and waited for her to take a bite. I was really relieved when she made this awful face and blurted out "That's terrible." If she had liked it, I would've had to eat the whole darn thing. The only thing we could figure out was that she switched the quantities of salt and sugar. Instead of a tablespoon of salt and 2 cups of sugar, she used a tablespoon of sugar and 2 cups of salt. The world's most beautiful lemon meringue pie went in the trash.

My Mother did that more than once. She was the worst cook I'd ever had. She deep fried everything, and overcooked it. She made great mashed potatoes, that was it. Probably why my Dad died at 69 with a heart attack, due to all the fried shoe leather. The wife and I would usually eat before we went there for Sunday dinner.
Posted By: Cast

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 05:17 PM

I’m the Chef, she’s my Sous Chef. We work well together. She can bake though. Her key lime pie is to die for. I had to ban her from salting dishes though. A few years ago her salt tasting ability went south. She will over salt to an inedible level.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
None......she’s hot and a great cook..... banana

As Bill would say, WINNER up
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stompy

My Mother did that more than once. She was the worst cook I'd ever had. She deep fried everything, and overcooked it. She made great mashed potatoes, that was it. Probably why my Dad died at 69 with a heart attack, due to all the fried shoe leather. The wife and I would usually eat before we went there for Sunday dinner.

My mother was an East Texas gal, and a pretty good cook but she always burnt the toast, like in always.

I told my stepdad one time that I grew up thinking all toast had to be scraped off before you ate it.

mom was not amused.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 06:24 PM

My wife of 28 years tries hard, but sometimes her cooking skills fail her. When we were first married, she made spaghetti (usually her sauce is pretty good), but unfortunately, she ran out of tomato sauce and tried to replace with ketchup. It was inedible - I took a bite and noticed she was watching me for my reaction. When I grimaced she fessed up and we ended up with leftovers. Still a running joke after nearly 3 decades.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 07:06 PM

Yeah, here too. My wife developed a beef allergy a few years ago. The doc seems to think she got bit by a tick which ingested an enzyme and left her with a durn allergy to the most prevalent, utilized & tasty meat source in all o' TX. They used to giver a pill and that didn't work real well. Really has changed my eating habits, kinda akin to that there Patty Hearst syndrome.

My wife has the same thing and they told her it was also due to a tick bite. She can't do beef but can still do venison which is good as far as I am concerned because I would rather have the venison in the first place.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 07:30 PM

Everything my cooks is good. Carne guisada,rice and mashed taters. I cook everything else.
Posted By: PMK

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/13/20 09:43 PM

as stated on the other thread about worst dish your mother ever cooked, I just like to eat and very few things stand out as being bad. When my wife and I got married (42 years ago tomorrow), I honestly don't think she could boil water and if she did, she would burn it, at least while we were dating thru high school and into college. Her room mate in college was a childhood friend that taught my wife how to cook and she actually learned pretty good. Nothing really jumps out at me as having been bad other than a few things she forgot about in the oven that ended up being burned around the edges, but I still ate the middle that wasn't completely black.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/14/20 01:36 AM

My wife also of 28 years is a wonderful cook so I don't have a worst dish she makes. But there was that one time. The first meal my young bride ever cooked for me we also had a good friend over for dinner. I don't remember what the meal was, but it included a brown gravy. I took one bite with that gravy and looked across the table at my friend's face as he continued to eat without saying anything. I pushed my plate away and said to my wife "Baby I love you and would eat this without saying anything, but sorry I just can't sit here and watch my friend have to eat this" The gravy was inedible. I don't know what she accidentally put into it or how she made it, but it really tasted bad. Like real bad. When I said that my friend immediately pushed his plate away and in a loud sigh looked at me and said "THANK YOU!". I think the only thing worse that I ever tried to eat was when my wife had set a package of alligator jerky on my office desk. When I saw it, I opened the package, popped one in my mouth, and immediately threw up in my mouth. Turns out in small letters on a banner across the bottom corner of the package it said "dog treats".

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/14/20 09:53 AM

LMAO!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/14/20 10:53 AM

My wife put 2 cups of salt instead of 2 table spoons of salt into homemade chocolate ice cream, that was pretty terrible
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/14/20 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Junbengreat
Let’s see if it’s edible

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
peep
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: What’s the worst dish your wife makes? - 07/15/20 11:39 AM

My wife Chicken Spaghetti sent my niece to the ER for a chicken bone removal from her throat.
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum