Texas Hunting Forum

Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!!

Posted By: Pig_Popper

Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 05:42 PM

Mail came the other day, it must be home insurance renewal time because I’m getting 2-4 flyers per week lately from folks I don’t know offering me their service and smile and good care as prospective insurance agents...

I don’t scour the web or have any listening devices in my home (google thing or apple thing) so how the heck do these folks know my insurance is due and where to mail me at ..... if someone is selling my info I should be getting a cut, no...?

Anyways The Bello Insurance Group our of Pearland TX, phone 833-568-7199 is quoting me the following;

Home built : 2004 / sq feet 2400
Dwelling coverage: 240 k
Separate structures: 24k
Personal property: 180 k
Additional living expenses: 120 k
Liability: 300k
Medical: 5k
ESTIMATED ANNUAL PREMIUM (76244 zip code): $ 828.03

Over the years I’ve learned (be beaten down to accept) that you really can’t argue with the numbers in terms of what dwelling amount you want , I don’t have separate structures but I need that , and my stuff inside doesn’t come close to 185k in value BUT whatever this is a State Legislature issue not an insurance agent issue ...

So I call Bello Insurance Group last week and spend 38 mins on the phone describing details and particulars of my house and getting my credit run and doing the dance - and the sales agent verifies coverages and limits exactly to what is on the mailer and outlined above.

My ACTUAL QUOTE: $ 2437.00

I asked him how do I get the price on the mailer and he asks me to repeat the values on the mailer and when he sees that he quoted me on the exact same figures he simply states “Well the system used for those mailer quotes isn’t really accurate , it happens all the time”.

My response: Then don’t send the mailer out if the actual rate is 300% higher....

My mailbox is full of this garbage - $1100 , $1287, $1689, etc...

6 calls and many hours and credit pulls later they are all about $ 2200 and now they are offering 2% deductibles instead of pricing insurance correctly.

This is false advertising , bait and switch, downright low tactics and a complete waste of time .

How can I make them stop mailing me and better yet report them to a state or national body to have their “quote / mailer system” repaired or taken offline.

I’d love to get the straight dish from a member in the know (Insurance Broker or Agent).....

Thanks
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 05:46 PM

I use an independent agent for my home owners insurance. Never any problems. Have 1% deductible.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 05:52 PM

see this crap all the time - it's a pig in a poke
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 05:53 PM

Texas Dept of Ins. Scream loud enough, they'll listen
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I use an independent agent for my home owners insurance. Never any problems. Have 1% deductible.

I have done insurance with no agent (direct between me and insurance co) I’ve used brokers before and currently I’m with Goosehead Agency (they do nothing for me).

I’ve been in this house 10 years , no claims in the last 5 years, modest home (spec home) and I’ve watched my rate climb annually from 900 in 2010 to 2400 in 2020.

I’ve switched home insurance 4 times in 10 years

I understand how this all works but damnit don’t mail me garbage quotes that you can’t stand behind (this is directed at insurance mailers not you Oxner)

I’m not addressing raising property taxes and insurance in this thread I just want to report the companies who are wasting my time and hitting my credit report for obvious erroneous estimated quotes....

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 05:58 PM

daddy used to always say, if it seems to be to be true, it probably isn't.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 05:59 PM

They get your info the same way you can apply for a quote online (with only your information) and they know exactly what your existing coverage is, who your provider is, what claims you've had, and your spouses bday without you even mentioning your married.

This happened this week re: classic car insurance thread. They had all my info without me providing them a whole lot personal information, all because it's stored in a central insurance and claims repository. Stupid if you ask me
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 10:43 PM

They will get you with 1% deductible for everything except wind and hail damage which will be 2%. Also watch out for metal exclusions. Your turbines, gutters, patio or shed metals will likely be excluded. “Dings and dents are cosmetic. It’s still structurally sound so we don’t owe for it.” Had numerous customers lately that had been with companies for years and recently renewed who learned this from the adjuster.

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 11:04 PM

The majority of the clams are for roof damage.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 11:13 PM

I have become convinced that if you don't change insurance carriers every year, you are leaving money on the table.

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 11:20 PM

Scott Reed shops for me.

scottreed@shop2insure.com
Posted By: glens

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 11:26 PM

Scott Reed shops for me.

scottreed@shop2insure.com

Have Ole Scott pick me up a six pack and run it by. up
Posted By: Judd

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
I have become convinced that if you don't change insurance carriers every year, you are leaving money on the table.

Me too. It’s unfortunate that loyalty gets you no where in that industry. The funny thing is they know it and most don’t even care.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Me too. It’s unfortunate that loyalty gets you no where in that industry. The funny thing is they know it and most don’t even care.

Yeah, I was on the phone talking with my agent a couple years ago and he was lamenting the fact that customers weren't loyal one minute and then trying to explain a 15% increase in my premiums the next.
Posted By: Sailor

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/10/20 11:58 PM

\

How many clams, did it take, to damage your roof..... ???? banana

btw- Insurance is a scam...… Always has been...… And State Farm, is the worst, of the worst....

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/11/20 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Sailor

\

How many clams, did it take, to damage your roof..... ???? banana

btw- Insurance is a scam...… Always has been...… And State Farm, is the worst, of the worst....

State Farm had to give out big refunds several years ago.
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/11/20 01:18 AM

I got a lowball offer for a Tacoma once. It was like 50% below market. I sent it back to the sales director at the dealer and asked why they send this garbage. I wrote that you just piss people off. As a result of my email we started a several month discussion on a new truck. I ended up with a good deal on trade in. 4 year old truck with 90k and i got 80% of cost new + tax benefit. He explained that some marketing company in Iowa sent it. Others ones that get me are the house flippers. I think thry have all got the message that my house is not for sale. I got one of those mailers from Farmers and the numbers were real. I have an indepdndent agent and she found me similar rates.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/11/20 06:48 AM

I get those low balls all the time in the mail. Always get a 1% deductible. I have had 2 claims in 14 years. I should have just bought Apple stock though like your insurance company did... $1k in 07 would be worth about $25k now...

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/11/20 11:53 AM

Hindsight is 20-20 and $25K isn't even much "spit" these days. Insurance protects you from future losses.

I hears so much on here about the cost of insurance. I wonder how many pare coverages to something worthless in order to achieve the cheapest price.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/11/20 12:21 PM

I through all that chit in the trash.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/11/20 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by aerangis
Texas Dept of Ins. Scream loud enough, they'll listen

Around year 2000, the Home Owners Inurance Industry in Texas beat them down and took all their powers away.

They are nothing now of days
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/11/20 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Hindsight is 20-20 and $25K isn't even much "spit" these days. Insurance protects you from future losses.

I hears so much on here about the cost of insurance. I wonder how many pare coverages to something worthless in order to achieve the cheapest price.

I know. People forget about the house fire! 🔥
Posted By: rlb28

Re: Can we report home insurance company’s for false advertising - How ? I’m tired of having my time wasted by these punks!!! - 07/13/20 06:11 PM

Independent agents are best...

michele@best-ins.com
www.bestinsurancetx.com
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum