Texas Hunting Forum

Now the BSA

Posted By: Lakhota

Now the BSA - 06/17/20 04:01 AM

I just saw on the news that the BSA or what ever they are call now have joined everyone that has jumped on the BLM movement band wagon. They will now require all Eagle Scouts to earn a “Diversity & Inclusion” merit badge as well as all employees must undergo diversity, inclusion training.

I was done with this organization when they started allowing girls in but they keep finding way to kill the organization in my opinion.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 04:35 AM

I’m so surprised...
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 04:37 AM

The BSA is hurting for money and membership. They will try anything to save their sinking "ship". .
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 04:51 AM

Nothing that they would do would surprise me.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 11:03 AM

Such a shame! I have so many great memories with my son all of the way through Eagle Scout. I still try to support our Troop 1077 with whatever I can because they still have great leaders that I have known for a long time.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 11:30 AM

This is all sounding dangerously close to "re-education". Years ago one daughter had to have "diversity" training for 2 weeks before she could start at TCU. Back then it was about gays, all over the hoax that was that guy that got killed and left in Wyoming. Supposedly a hate crime, but was actually killed by his GAY drug dealer. And the indoctrination didn't stop there. The "university" succeeded and she and I have a strained relationship to this day.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I’m so surprised...

X7
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 12:18 PM

I was done when they started letting homos in....
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 12:26 PM

BSA is on the same list as Blockbuster, our grandkids wont even know who they are
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 12:50 PM

I was a scout and enjoyed thoes years. Nowadays I'm done with them, they crushed a great part of America.

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 01:30 PM

They tried to organize one when I was in school. They found out that it was for city boys.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 07:06 PM

I've been seeing commercials about a class action lawsuit against them for the perverts that used to mess with the kids.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
I've been seeing commercials about a class action lawsuit against them for the perverts that used to mess with the kids.

BSA filed bankruptcy a few months ago to keep the assets from being lost to these lawsuits.

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 07:15 PM

They will be selling off large chunks of land soon. They are a very large landowner.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 07:21 PM

I am not a proponent of exclusion and similarity.

However, I paid my $100 for lifetime Eagle right before the 'change' to Scouts. That was the last dime I gave them. They're dying and were dead to me at that time.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
They will be selling off large chunks of land soon. They are a very large landowner.

Good. Philmont needs to be hunted.

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by HuntnFly67

Good. Philmont needs to be hunted.

up lots of places do. They already sold Camp Strake in Conroe and now it is a master planned community. Land was given to them and they weren't supposed to ever sell it but I guess the offer was just too good to pass up.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 07:25 PM

They sold a beautiful property off in the hill country about a 6 + months ago.
Posted By: Twotoes

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 07:56 PM

About 1962 I was a kid and had a friend who was a boy scout. I asked my Dad if I could join. He told me there were leaders in the scouts who were there for the wrong reasons. He used the word "queers". I didn't know what that meant and I didn't join up. Turns out he was right.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 08:08 PM

Wonder how many stores they will have to loot and riots they will have to participate in to get that merit badge.

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 08:30 PM

Passed by a camp on the way to a quail lease several times.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 08:42 PM

Bad taste in my mouth for years with BSA. I earned Eagle, Palms and Order of the Arrow back in the 70's. My boys wanted to go to Cub Scouts and Webelo's in the 90's. Refused them.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 10:37 PM

This started several years ago. Camp Strake in Conroe was one of the first. Too many memeories to count in the woods around that property.

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

This started several years ago. Camp Strake in Conroe was one of the first. Too many memeories to count in the woods around that property.

I know, I posted that earlier in this thread... up

Re: Now the BSA - 06/17/20 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

I know, I posted that earlier in this thread... up

Bingo. I looked it up.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum