Texas Hunting Forum

Pole saws

Posted By: NewGulf

Pole saws - 06/10/20 08:12 PM

I could use one around my place occasionally whats a good one to get without breaking the bank? Thanks in advance
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by NewGulf
I could use one around my place occasionally whats a good one to get without breaking the bank? Thanks in advance

I have this one and I have a ton of trees. it's a beast.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...ery-and-Charger-Included-P4361/203444119
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 08:23 PM

I have an 8 ‘ Echo gas powered pole saw, and it has been a source of much frustration. It’s fixed now and I am happy with it. If I was to buy a new pole saw and the work load was going to be big, I’d get a Stihl. If the workload was light, I’d go with a battery powered version - probably a Stihl.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 08:33 PM

Strongly recommend the Stihl kombi and then attach what implements you need. The thing is fantastic, including their pole saw.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 08:35 PM

Check out the attachments for your existing string trimmer. The just could be an attachment pole saw.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 08:43 PM

I have the big Stihl pole saw. It's an absolute work horse and starts easy, it gets heavy though.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 08:47 PM

Call the man, Bill has his number.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 08:50 PM

What kind of reach are you talking, and how often? I have an Echo PAS 266 gas head that runs weedeater, blade-edger, articulating hedger, and a polesaw that gives me about 5-6 ft of true reach. I have a 3' extension for it too. Between me, a 10' ladder and the saw I can reasonably reach about 20'. There are also dedicated polesaws that will reach much further but they're $500+ and it's a polesaw for it's whole life but it has 12.2' of reach.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 08:50 PM

The Lynx 40V battery one at Harbor Freight does a great job. If you can wait for a coupon that works on Lynx products you can drop the price down to about $140.

JR

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 08:54 PM

Thanks yall for the suggestions i should have mentioned i wanted to go with a battery powered one. I have quite a few pecan trees but I'd like a pole saw for some of the lower limbs I cannot reach with my cutters. Im going to check out the ryobi and also the stihl if they have one in batteries.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 09:02 PM

We have a 40-v and 80-v Kobalt and they are studs.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 09:06 PM

Thanks yall for the suggestions i should have mentioned i wanted to go with a battery powered one. I have quite a few pecan trees but I'd like a pole saw for some of the lower limbs I cannot reach with my cutters. Im going to check out the ryobi and also the stihl if they have one in batteries.

Ryonbi does have a 40v. Model.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Pole saws - 06/10/20 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I have this one and I have a ton of trees. it's a beast.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...ery-and-Charger-Included-P4361/203444119

I have this one too. It's everything I need it to be.

Re: Pole saws - 06/11/20 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Ryonbi does have a 40v. Model.

Thats what I'm going with. Thanks for your help! up
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Pole saws - 06/11/20 09:40 AM

Kobalt 40 volt. Mine had been great.

Re: Pole saws - 06/11/20 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN
Kobalt 40 volt. Mine had been great.

That's what I have. I took the middle extension out of mine.

Re: Pole saws - 06/11/20 11:23 PM

I looked at the big Stihl battery pole saw today at Northern Tool. It’s $409 but it was dang nice. 12’ of reach.

Re: Pole saws - 06/11/20 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
I looked at the big Stihl battery pole saw today at Northern Tool. It’s $409 but it was dang nice. 12’ of reach.

Twelve feet is too long for me. Is it adjustable?

Re: Pole saws - 06/12/20 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

Twelve feet is too long for me. Is it adjustable?

Yes, it’s about 8’ in retracted form.
Posted By: B-radder

Re: Pole saws - 06/12/20 12:51 AM

Greenworks , I use mine almost everyday and abuse the heck out of it.
Haven't failed me one in three years
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Pole saws - 06/12/20 01:24 AM

Sounds like much less trouble than I’ve had with the evil echo pole saw, which is working fine now.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Pole saws - 06/12/20 02:01 AM

[Linked Image]

bolt
flag
Posted By: Hooker

Re: Pole saws - 06/12/20 04:42 AM

Learned my lesson cutting a 5" limb ff today:

WEAR YOUR HARD HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knocked me to my knees when it hit me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum