Texas Hunting Forum

Healthy B'fast

Posted By: Cool Mo D

Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 07:00 PM

The stuff I'm eating for b'fast has to stop. Sausage 2 eggs & toast. Anyone have a healthy one I can try? food
PS. I don't like cereal.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 07:04 PM

Granola and yogurt.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 07:07 PM

Steel cut oats with blueberries
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 07:09 PM

Muffin tin eggs

Scramble eggs, mix diced meat with them, or layer bottom of tin with sandwich meat.
Pour in eggs, top with cheese, done.

Really easy to meal prep and heat back up in microwave
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 07:11 PM

Apple.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 07:15 PM

Nothing wrong with your breakfast! Start off the day with a belly full of protein and dairy.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 07:34 PM

Oatmeal
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 07:55 PM

2 Falstaffs.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil
2 Falstaffs.

And wash then down with a Pearl. Made with the best cereal grains.
Posted By: 9x19

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 08:28 PM

Healthy eh?

[Linked Image]

laugh
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 08:35 PM

One egg breakfast taco. Have one every morning and and weigh the same as when I left college.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cool Mo D
The stuff I'm eating for b'fast has to stop. Sausage 2 eggs & toast. Anyone have a healthy one I can try? food
PS. I don't like cereal.

I'm not a breakfast eater but sausage and egg's don't sound to bad.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
2 Falstaffs.

Now that's what I'm talking about, I have a couple of "Bud's" every morning.. cool2
Posted By: Stub

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 08:43 PM

Everyday after my two cups of Jo I have a banana and a Emergen-C drink. and let the mutt take me for a walk, then breakfast.
Monday through Friday I have a bowl of Oatmeal, put Cinnamon and Blueberries on then 2% milk with a glass of OJ. Saturday I eat a bowl of regular Cheerios with Blueberries, 2% milk.
Get the Old Fashioned it has some flavor and texture to it, the one minute stuff is like eating mush.

Sunday I get my Cholesterol fix banana
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 08:51 PM

Dried sausage each and every day.
Posted By: HogBranch

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 10:56 PM

Just leave out the toast and you are good. I have cup of whole milk and some assorted nuts. Doesn’t take much when it all protein and good fat.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 11:07 PM

Give cold oatmeal a try. I add protein powder, almond milk and a bit of honey to the oatmeal the night before I plan to eat it. Put it in the fridge and ready for breakfast the next morning.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 11:33 PM

Venison or wild pork sausage and 1 egg instead of 2. Toast or biscuit every other day. Baby steps!
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 11:48 PM

I rarely eat Breakfast, I like to interment fast from dinner time until lunch

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/25/20 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
2 Falstaffs.

Now that's what I'm talking about, I have a couple of "Bud's" every morning.. cool2

I just had Breakfast again....
Posted By: rickym

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 12:01 AM

Watch the fat content on the sausage, and exercise a little more. Even doing 5-10 minutes of jump rope depending on your age. If not walk to block a few extra times.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Big Fitz
Give cold oatmeal a try. I add protein powder, almond milk and a bit of honey to the oatmeal the night before I plan to eat it. Put it in the fridge and ready for breakfast the next morning.

I have this many nights. I use 2% milk & Whey Isolate Protein powder. I rotate bites of the oatmeal and a bite of natural peanut butter.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 02:00 AM

I tried the oatmeal thing but it makes me hungry again an hour later, not sure why.
So I started making a smoothie...Almond milk with frozen fruits,( banana, strawberries, mango, peach, raspberry, blueberry, pineapple) blend well and it is filling and tasty. Lost almost 10 lbs in the last couple weeks.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 12:39 PM

Funny how many people took it upon themselves to disregard the nutrition guidelines several years back and eat a protein packed diet and curb intake of processed foods. Federal nutrition guidelines that were taught to us for decades were proven false by observations of these people’s health. Eat whole foods and cut processed foods and carbs. Eggs are good for you to a point, just eat in moderation.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 03:11 PM

Like today, one egg ham, cheese, and mushroom omelet. a piece of toast,and a piece of Jimmy Dean sausage. A couple of cups of coffee and I'm ready to face the day.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 03:18 PM

I once made these at home until I discovered breakfast tacos. Never gained a n ounce.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/egg-mcmuffin.html
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 03:23 PM

The only thing unhealthy is the toast.

Also how much do you consume?

Sugar is what you want to avoid. Yogurt is full of sugar

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
The only thing unhealthy is the toast.

Also how much do you consume?

Sugar is what you want to avoid. Yogurt is full of sugar

Mailed it. Eat like a bird and crap like a horse.
Posted By: Sailor

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 07:09 PM

I like Grits.....……………. food
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by HogBranch
Just leave out the toast and you are good. I have cup of whole milk and some assorted nuts. Doesn’t take much when it all protein and good fat.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

whole milk is horrible for you too.

One of the biggest lies sold to the American public was that milk is good for you. No other animal in the animal kingdom drinks milk after its been weaned, except for people.

Dairy consumption comes with a whole slew of issues.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 08:28 PM

One of the biggest lies sold to the American public was that milk is good for you. No other animal in the animal kingdom drinks milk after its been weaned, except for people.

Stunts your growth
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 08:37 PM

It accelerates my growth.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 08:41 PM

I don't know about stunting growth but I can say it will make you fat
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 08:49 PM

I don't know about stunting growth but I can say it will make you fat

What you mean is any sugar including lactose can contribute to increased fat retention.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 08:54 PM

m

Tell that to wolves and big cats, first think they eat on wet cow elk, moose, deer and domestic animals they kill,

It’s a flawed process to use that as your agruement. Most animals would die if still producing milk in the winter. Takes to much energy to produce another high energy source

Fat isn’t bad for you, sugar/lactose isn’t great but in moderation its minimal impact.

Whole milk has less lactose then 1-2%

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 08:57 PM

They may eat it off a kill but they are not going to the teat two or three times a day and filling up.

Can't use opportunistic kills as a basis for that argument either sir
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 09:08 PM

And humans are the only thing with logical thinking, so logical thinking is bad too I guess.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 09:09 PM

They may eat it off a kill but they are not going to the teat two or three times a day and filling up.

It’s a high energy source, that’s the point, milking ruminates expend to many calories producing milk year round, they can’t do it with out supplemental feeding.

Your whole agruement is about lactose/sugar, milk has 11g per 8oz. Which is less then half of a (sprite, coke and orange juice)

So why is whole milk the worst for you?

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 09:13 PM

Oh and plain yogurt has even less sugar then milk because the fermentation process breaks lactose down.

Two slices of bread have comparable amount of sugar as a 8oz of milk
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 09:14 PM

Apple and low fat peanut butter or almond butter.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

It’s a high energy source, that’s the point, milking ruminates expend to many calories producing milk year round, they can’t do it with out supplemental feeding.

Your whole agruement is about lactose/sugar, milk has 11g per 8oz. Which is less then half of a (sprite, coke and orange juice)

and Heroin is worse for you than Cigarettes but neither are good for you

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 09:26 PM

and Heroin is worse for you than Cigarettes but neither are good for you

Ok, a peach, apple and an orange, have more sugar then 8oz of milk.

Again why is whole milk so bad for you?

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Apple and low fat peanut butter or almond butter.

Don’t stress over the fat, stress over total combined sugar intake, most peanut butters has a good amount of added sugar, so moderation

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 09:41 PM

It’s all right here Bobo

https://www.peta.org/living/food/reasons-stop-drinking-milk/
Posted By: freerange

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 09:51 PM

i dont know much about how to eat but i eat what i want and am fine. My Mom is 102.5 and counting and living at home mostly alone. She drinks a lot of milk and always has. She also watches a lot of old westerns and loves Barney on Andy Griffith. So theres that....

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 09:59 PM

I'm not disagreeing with the info in that link just because it is from PETA. I am actually open minded and have changed my eating habits many times in my life base on what "they" say is good or bad for you. I thought "they" were saying now that we could skip the fat free milk now because some fat is actually good for us. I got used to, and drank, fat free milk long enough to finally like it.

"They" said years ago to quit margarine and eat butter now. Is that bad info? I don't really know. I've tasted almond milk and guess I could get used to it, if I thought it was necessary.

"They" issued numerous articles a few years ago telling how bastardized the wheat is now and to not fool ourselves with whole wheat bread. I ate that cardboard bread long enough to tolerate it. There were articles out titled something like "not your grandparent's wheat." The articles indicated that whole wheat turned straight to sugar. Now I eat whatever bread on the shelf that looks good at the moment.

I tend to think the experts change their advice too often to worry about it much anymore.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 10:13 PM

I ate this chit a lot of mornings for almost a year. I survived and in my 70's so there must be something healthy about this meal.

Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 10:17 PM

Even a breakfast thread turns into an argument. lol

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 10:30 PM

Well played roflmao, if you turn in to a hippy like Erath, Im unfriending you.

On a serious note, nutrition is the original global warming debate

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by DannyB

I'm not disagreeing with the info in that link just because it is from PETA. I am actually open minded and have changed my eating habits many times in my life base on what "they" say is good or bad for you. I thought "they" were saying now that we could skip the fat free milk now because some fat is actually good for us. I got used to, and drank, fat free milk long enough to finally like it.

"They" said years ago to quit margarine and eat butter now. Is that bad info? I don't really know. I've tasted almond milk and guess I could get used to it, if I thought it was necessary.

"They" issued numerous articles a few years ago telling how bastardized the wheat is now and to not fool ourselves with whole wheat bread. I ate that cardboard bread long enough to tolerate it. There were articles out titled something like "not your grandparent's wheat." The articles indicated that whole wheat turned straight to sugar. Now I eat whatever bread on the shelf that looks good at the moment.

I tend to think the experts change their advice too often to worry about it much anymore.

Half stuff is false, antibiotics is an easy one, Just like the hormone free posting requirements, every medicine has a half life, you must be past the withdraw periods for milk or meat before collection/process, been an USDA requirement for decades.

Cholesterol is also false, leading cause of heart attacks are genetics in relation to your nature cholesterol particle size, smaller you natural particle size is more risk you are for a clogged arteries. It’s small size that build up and calcify.

Big particles bounce, small collect.

Allergies are person specific, about thats the only real truth are some people have lactose allergies

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 10:44 PM

PETA for facts, lmao.

Pretty sure bacon and eggs are good for the soul.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hancock
PETA for facts, lmao.

Pretty sure bacon and eggs are good for the soul.

What I normally have for breakfast, I switch it up with breakfast sausage, and jap cheese sausage.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 11:11 PM

The low fat diets pedaled for the last fifty years are wrong, in terms of losing weight. Bobo is right, in my opinion. Cut the carbs, especially sugar. Natural fat, such as what is on meat or unprocessed foods, is good for you. Processed foods, and their carbs, are not.

Remove the toast from your breakfast. If you have a doctor telling you to cut down on cholesterol or something, look into turkey or chicken sausage (I’m sure you can find one you like, but really they’re pretty good).

If dairy is an issue for you, cut out cheese and the like. Everyone reacts differently to things. In general, I’ve been extremely pleased cutting carbs and increasing fiber. I’m not doing Keto, but I’m limiting carbs and processed foods. If it wasn’t for beer and bourbon on the weekends, I’d be down even further. As it stands now, I’m down 27 pounds since January eating two low-carb fajita size tortillas with a slice of Colby jack cheese, four slices of Chicken deli meat and a little chipotle mayo. For dinner, we eat Brussels sprouts, mashed cauliflower mashed potatoes (they taste nothing like mashed potatoes, but they’re good) and a protein, usually chicken, but I’ll smoke a pork butt or brisket, or we’ll eat cheddar brats or something. I skip breakfast because I’m also doing intermittent fasting.

It’s worked for me, but I believe the biggest thing has been limiting carbs, especially unnatural carbs (processed foods).

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 11:13 PM

I was a little shocked to see a PETA link on this forum. I wouldn’t put it past them to be using that data to further their treatment of animals mantra.

I stand with Bobo on this topic.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
I was a little shocked to see a PETA link on this forum. I wouldn’t put it past them to be using that data to further their treatment of animals mantra.

He is just messing, it’s pretty funny come back if think about it clap

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 11:37 PM

Some of the advice on this thread is like Custer giving advice on fighting Indians.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/26/20 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Some of the advice on this thread is like Custer giving advice on fighting Indians.
roflmao

I'll eat foods like Bill eats if it gets me past 80 at home.

I heard Dana Perino today on Fox say that the nursing home victims of Covid lost on average ten years of their life. I told my wife if I'm in a crash tomorrow that will put me in a nursing home to find the sickest, Covid ridden nursing home in America and take me to it.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/27/20 12:01 AM

I adhere ( normally, I’m just exiting my quarantine binge) to a diet that limits the amount of bread, pasta and dairy I intake.

I absolutely believe milk is unhealthy. I used to drink a gallon of it about every other day, every third day as well as ate yogurt, was in the gym 5x’s a week and could never lose that last layer of baby fat. I finally figured it out, cut all that crap out and dropped it within 4 weeks, and felt a hell of a lot better to boot. I think the food pyramid they sold us at school is a steaming pile of bull poo.

Sugar is the next devil they sold us.

Processed food is the third.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/27/20 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

He is just messing, it’s pretty funny come back if think about it clap

roflmao

I just wanted to go on record as saying that, in case it wasn’t a busting your chops scenario.

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/27/20 01:07 AM

I adhere ( normally, I’m just exiting my quarantine binge) to a diet that limits the amount of bread, pasta and dairy I intake.

I absolutely believe milk is unhealthy. I used to drink a gallon of it about every other day, every third day as well as ate yogurt, was in the gym 5x’s a week and could never lose that last layer of baby fat. I finally figured it out, cut all that crap out and dropped it within 4 weeks, and felt a hell of a lot better to boot. I think the food pyramid they sold us at school is a steaming pile of bull poo.

Sugar is the next devil they sold us.

Processed food is the third.

Only thing you can drink a gallon of and still have a healthy caloric intake is water, up

Re: Healthy B'fast - 05/27/20 01:14 AM

The food pyramid is for sure outdated. We were sold on low fat since the 50s, and that’s ridiculous. Eating natural fat doesn’t cause you to be fat. Carbs and processed foods make you fat (fiber, which counts as carbs, helps lose weight, so it balances out other natural carbs).
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum