Texas Hunting Forum

Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs

Posted By: Guy

Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 01:58 PM

They need to fix this now... hammer
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...ployment-than-they-were-from-their-jobs/
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 02:18 PM

cheers
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 02:22 PM

Fix? Why? Who wouldn't want to do better and not have to work?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:03 PM

I know on the THF we all make 6 figures and we are all 6-foot + tall and we are all packin an anaconda behind our zipper....

Stats for height/weight say we are shorter and fatter than what we post on line and we don't make as much as we say either. If the median and mean income from the census bureau are anywhere near accurate lots of people made more.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

Tongue- in -cheek? confused2

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:07 PM

Ya' think?
Posted By: majekman

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:19 PM

I think Hud was serious....I mean we all know about those liberal whiskey drinkin sausage stuffers....
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:21 PM

Many businesses can't reopen because their employees won't come back to work. I have a few clients in that boat and it's putting them on the brink of closing doors for good.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:25 PM

The lack of traffic on my commute coming into Dallas tells me the vast majority of people have not gone back to work or are now working remotely. Same with our office complex parking lot and garages - pretty much empty still.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:28 PM

No doubt traffic is lighter for me, but there is still a boat load of people on the roads in San Antonio. A large part of the reduced traffic for me is that schools are closed.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
I know on the THF we all make 6 figures and we are all 6-foot + tall and we are all packin an anaconda behind our zipper....

Nah, I'm only 5'9".
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:37 PM

I think shutting things down was a bad thing, best thing we can do now is open everything up and let the people decide if they want to stay home or not. If they want to make money or not. Anyone know how many deaths there have been in Texas? Stop being scared, and let's go.

Also, I hate our mayor! That is all
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:38 PM

I'm 5'8" tall AND round

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:40 PM

5'11, 195 Ding..Ding.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Scott W
Many businesses can't reopen because their employees won't come back to work. I have a few clients in that boat and it's putting them on the brink of closing doors for good.

And others will have a hard time convincing their workers they can only do their jobs while working in an office.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 03:58 PM

It's just a test run - how many times do I have to tell you folks?
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:00 PM

One caution on these stories, a lot of workers where tips are part of their income, only report part of their tips. I'm sure there are workers collecting more on unemployment with the $600 extra some aren't.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:03 PM

It's just a test run - how many times do I have to tell you folks?

You've been hanging around with tinhead? They will never get us in a cage again.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:04 PM

I didn't say it was going to work. I am thinking they are seeing that right in front of them.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:06 PM

I personally know 2 people that are killing it on unemployment. One wants to go back the other does not.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:07 PM

Fix it?
Pelosi just ponied up another round.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:14 PM

1360 Texas covid deaths....... This state has turned soft. Open things up, let's go texas
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:19 PM

Causing a big problem in the restaurant and bar industry. My son is trying to bring back furloughed staff to the bar he manages in Austin, and they are telling him to go away. They're happy cashing unemployment checks and streaming Netflix or playing video games. realmad And if he reports them to the TEC, all they have to say is that they are "uncomfortable" going back to work due to COVID and they get a pass. Governor needs to step in here and kick these free loaders in the Azz.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:22 PM

As I understand it; once your former place of employment can take you back, no more $600 a week bonus. confused2

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
As I understand it; once your former place of employment can take you back, no more $600 a week bonus. confused2

Makes sense to me! Put them on the no longer gets free money list.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:31 PM

"Pelosi just ponied up another round." Let ol' Tin Head help me here - $3,000,000,000,0000 divided by 87,530 US deaths equals what?
Posted By: janie

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
1360 Texas covid deaths....... This state has turned soft. Open things up, let's go texas

Do we truly know that those death's were strictly due to Covid? No underlying issues, i.e. 94 yrs old, asthma, emphysema, diptheria, rabies, I jumped out of a plane/forgot my parachute, etc.

And yes sir I agree. Let's kick our state wide open. texas

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:40 PM

Do the math, roll it over on your tongue, try to avoid spitting it up and tell me how it would work? Add to it whatever was previously provided $1,200 a time and with PPP "loans:.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by janie

Do we truly know that those death's were strictly due to Covid? No underlying issues, i.e. 94 yrs old, asthma, emphysema, diptheria, rabies, I jumped out of a plane/forgot my parachute, etc.

And yes sir I agree. Let's kick our state wide open. texas

My uncle died last week from the rona. He had been living in Huntsville for last 14 years getting 3 hots and a cot. Had Hep-B from sticking needles in his arm. Kidney failure did him in but he was on a vent so he got counted.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip

Nope, not the case and this morning I heard they're wanting to extend the $600 bonus until the end of September.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 05:01 PM

Nancy's scheme would cost $34,000,000 for every current death. Multiply that there death rate however you want and then divide it up again and see how palatable it can be made. That's $9,200 for each and every man, woman and child in America. $31,357 for every tax payer.

They aren't finished.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 05:15 PM

My neighbors granddaughter is getting over $3,000 a month from unemployment and the $600 a week aid, she going to ride it out as long as possible. So many people that can go back to work but do not want to as long as there is Teet money loser8

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 05:23 PM

Training people to look for and expect the government to fix things. Sad.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 05:26 PM

This Bill, known as the CARES Act was passed almost unanimously by both houses. Besides this "mistake" there was also a lot of bailout of businesses, including some Wall Street brokers that benefited to the tune of millions. Was this relief necessary??? Or a political ploy to garner votes in November, by the incumbent politicians??? Or was it a combination of the both???

Both Parties also got parts of their pork barrels filled.

Now that the second version of the CARES Act is about to passed, it is time for the politicians to answer a few questions. Unfortunately nobody has the balls on either side of the aisle to stop and ask if all of this is needed.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 05:36 PM

I said from day one that it was mostly a cash grab.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
Causing a big problem in the restaurant and bar industry. My son is trying to bring back furloughed staff to the bar he manages in Austin, and they are telling him to go away. They're happy cashing unemployment checks and streaming Netflix or playing video games. realmad And if he reports them to the TEC, all they have to say is that they are "uncomfortable" going back to work due to COVID and they get a pass. Governor needs to step in here and kick these free loaders in the Azz.

Im not at all saying that the response to the virus was correct at all but I haven't been one to complain, mostly cause im not a complainer and I often can be uninformed and feel we have to trust someone. HOWEVER, this extra 600 week is really causing a problem. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!!! Small businesses I have first hand knowledge of cant get folks to come back to work. I have thought that if they were offered a job their benefits would stop(at least the 600) but that evidently is not the case if they are "scared" to go back to work.
600 extra is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!!

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by dkershen

Im not at all saying that the response to the virus was correct at all but I haven't been one to complain, mostly cause im not a complainer and I often can be uninformed and feel we have to trust someone. HOWEVER, this extra 600 week is really causing a problem. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!!! Small businesses I have first hand knowledge of cant get folks to come back to work. I have thought that if they were offered a job their benefits would stop(at least the 600) but that evidently is not the case if they are "scared" to go back to work.
600 extra is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!!

When I go to a restaurant I make sure leave 50-60% tip, as a tip of the hat for them. I appreciate their hustle. I bet the ones that do want to work are making a killing right now.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 06:40 PM

Friend owns several tire/wheel shops. He’s having extreme trouble getting people back to work. I told him just to hire other hands. Said it’s not that easy. Apparently good tire guys are at a premium and know they can get work when the free money runs out. One guy told him he’s off till end of July and if he doesn’t want him back then...he’ll just find another job.
Great attitude rolleyes
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 06:43 PM

If you think $521 a week is a lot guess you live with your parents or have no fixed expenses like a house or vehicle. That is the max unemployment pays.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckman
If you think $521 a week is a lot guess you live with your parents or have no fixed expenses like a house or vehicle. That is the max unemployment pays.

It's state max PLUS $600 right now - so that's really $1,121 PER WEEK to DO NOTHING. That's insidious.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckman

It's the additional $600 is what's causing people to want to stay home.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 06:55 PM

Wait until they find out that the unemployment and the $600 is taxable income. A lot of these jokers will owe a bundle to the IRS next year.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 07:21 PM

"If you think $521 a week is a lot guess you live with your parents or have no fixed expenses like a house or vehicle. That is the max unemployment pays." So truly spot on and to think, people will accept that in lieu of earning wages. Free income without earning it provides cash without dignity. The absence of dignity brings other, unneeded issues to the forefront.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 07:31 PM

Someone getting the max 521 a week was making prior ABOUT 1000 a week so, no, 1121 with the 600 is not much difference but still enough to keep some at home. However, the big difference is the ones making 300 to 500 or so normally then they get maybe 200 plus 600 so that's roughly double what they normally make and can do nothing for it. Im not wired that way to take that money but a lot are. I know of a day care teacher that only works a few hours a week so her regular unemployment is only 80 a week but with the 600 she gets 680 instead of about 200. Triple money and no work. BAD BAD BAD!!
"Say it aint so, Joe". But I think it is. Please correct me if im wrong. bang
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 07:42 PM

Someone getting the max 521 a week was making prior ABOUT 1000 a week so, no, 1121 with the 600 is not much difference but still enough to keep some at home. However, the big difference is the ones making 300 to 500 or so normally then they get maybe 200 plus 600 so that's roughly double what they normally make and can do nothing for it. Im not wired that way to take that money but a lot are. I know of a day care teacher that only works a few hours a week so her regular unemployment is only 80 a week but with the 600 she gets 680 instead of about 200. Triple money and no work. BAD BAD BAD!!
"Say it aint so, Joe". But I think it is. Please correct me if im wrong. bang

Actually the state minimum unemployment is $207, then you add the 600 fed on top and get $807.
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 08:10 PM

Actually.
Directly from TWC
" The current minimum Weekly Benefit Amount is $69.00 and the current maximum Weekly Benefit Amount is $521.00. "

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 08:16 PM

Losing ourselves in the details . . .

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 08:18 PM

I agree. For a self admitted arrogant snarky guy, Hud is always right on. smile cheers

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 08:21 PM

I agree. For a self admitted arrogant snarky guy, Hud is always right on. smile cheers

You can take it to the bank.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 08:24 PM

this story posted about Pat Sajak , IMO leads into the thread here. "enticing folks not to go to work"

Pat Sajak Confronts Media Elites Who Tell Out of Work Americans to Stay Home
https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...tell-out-of-work-americans-to-stay-home/

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 08:27 PM

Nailed it!

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 08:36 PM

If I was an employer, this would be a great time to sort through your employees, find, and take care of your warriors. These are the times where the cream rises to the top.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 08:48 PM

SA Hunter, once again, such brilliance. Only take back those who are worth it and cull out the rest taking your chances you can find someone more profitable. Too many workers have lost the notion they have to work hard enuff so there bosses can actually turn a profit on their labor.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 08:56 PM

If I was an employer, this would be a great time to sort through your employees, find, and take care of your warriors. These are the times where the cream rises to the top.

You bet. That’s pretty much what we’ve done, though we didn’t have much choice.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

You bet. That’s pretty much what we’ve done, though we didn’t have much choice.

Definitely an opportunity to be shrewd. Not unethical, just smart about improving your business with the people that have their act together. As for the "chaff"...the world needs ditch diggers too.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 09:13 PM

We eliminated our dead weight by realignments. First we rated our salesmen and later saleswomen as well. Then the managers would announce while territories were eliminated.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 10:11 PM

This is my case. I am 51 my wife is older and has Alzheimers, and therefore I rarely get 40 hrs a week due to I have to wait until our care giver arrives, I'm paid hourly and time does not start until I get on the job. However I am receiving the max from the state of 521 plus the $600 from the Feds. for a total of $2,242.00 every two weeks minus the 10% tax so $2,017.80. This is more than I was taking home on average but would be less if I could work 40 hrs and overtime. THIS IS STUPID! I should not be making more than my regular take home pay. I am not hurting becauce my truck is paid off and we paid the house off and have no debt and just utilities and food. I have watched my bank account increase in the last two months as I am not buying my breakfast or other things like I was before. I know we are not the normal case but if I would be paid just what I was making on a regular basis we would still be fine.

I spoke with my boss today and most likely am headed back on June 1st. When this all started I told him to cut me if it would help him keep another guy or two and I would be fine even without the unemployment.. He spoke with all the guys one on one to see how they were and what their situation was and made his dissission who to keep and let go.. Now he is hearing guys complain that they are working 30 hrs and could be making more on unemployment with the $600 the feds were giving. He is having a hard time with this as it was really hard on him on the ones he had to cut not knowing about the $600 and now the ones he kept seem ungrateful that he kept them working. Had he known about the $600 before hand he could have cut more and still ran the jobs we had. This has made him aware of who are team players and not for the future.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 10:49 PM

I don't know enough about how the economy works to know the answer but I have to believe there's something that could cause the house of cards to suddenly collapse.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 10:53 PM

Anything beyond regular unemployment should at least be recouped from future Social Security payments. An advance not a universal income payment.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 10:59 PM

That 1st few sentences was rough lakhota. I know you did not share that for any other reason but to shed light on employment situation. But man if you ever need anything. I don't live in Rockwall anymore did grow up there though.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/18/20 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
That 1st few sentences was rough lakhota. I know you did not share that for any other reason but to shed light on employment situation. But man if you ever need anything. I don't live in Rockwall anymore did grow up there though.

That's kind of you.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
this story posted about Pat Sajak , IMO leads into the thread here. "enticing folks not to go to work"

Pat Sajak Confronts Media Elites Who Tell Out of Work Americans to Stay Home
https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...tell-out-of-work-americans-to-stay-home/

When the show films in Cali, they will pay you for vowels! grin
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 12:24 AM

Thanks ducknbass.

I was really hoping for the good in this current situation that our country is in thinking that people would start to plan/prepare for the future better however, what I'm hearing is only people wanting more from the government. I guess we will have more grasshoppers and not ants.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Anything beyond regular unemployment should at least be recouped from future Social Security payments. An advance not a universal income payment.

This sounds very reasonable.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 01:01 AM

That's exactly what I am doing. Had one quit that wouldn't have lasted and letting another go tomorrow. Then probably another in a couple weeks.
I'm getting rid of my worst employees and looking to upgrade with better attitudes. I'm also going to bonus my best 3 who worked hard during the time we were shut down. This COVID is actually going to turn out to be a positive for my team.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by DocHorton

That's exactly what I am doing. Had one quit that wouldn't have lasted and letting another go tomorrow. Then probably another in a couple weeks.
I'm getting rid of my worst employees and looking to upgrade with better attitudes. I'm also going to bonus my best 3 who worked hard during the time we were shut down. This COVID is actually going to turn out to be a positive for my team.

You got it all figured out doc. up

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 01:25 AM

Cull em Doc...
Posted By: RGLass

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 01:28 AM

What better way to make socialism look attractive? This is all to see how much the American public will resist it. Conformity will send a message that we will lay down and accept it. I REFUSE to comply! You better be ready! There’s a helluva lot more to come! My father never finished high school, but he said till his dying day that America would be taken over from within by the Socialists without a shot being fired! If you accept testing and inoculation, you are doomed!
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 01:37 AM

Well said and agreed.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 01:49 AM

Wow!
Posted By: RGLass

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 02:00 AM

Sorry about the lack of sugar.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 02:47 AM

Never met Lakhota in person, but based on his posts, he is a stand up guy.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by DocHorton

My kind of business plan.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 03:31 AM

Social distance ism..
Thats why.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 11:15 AM

There are lots of Lakhota's. He's just a good one.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 12:04 PM

Yep. We set everyone up to work from home that had the resources. The ones who's production declined we gave choices of use PTO, fix the production issue or come back to the office. We watched some of them increase production, some just disappeared after using up their PTO and some just fired themselves. We will have the right crew in another week or so. If all goes well we will have made the need for office space go way down. The future for working at home has punched us in the face but adapted quickly.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 02:18 PM

Stats for height/weight say we are shorter and fatter than what we post on line and we don't make as much as we say either. If the median and mean income from the census bureau are anywhere near accurate lots of people made more.

We dont' need your honesty here sir

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Truth over fact, I always say.....

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 03:33 PM

Wait what roflmao

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/19/20 03:56 PM

Wait what roflmao

Lol, a Joe Biden quote.......
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 10:50 AM

This Friday I'll get a $50 per day bonus for working... covers may and and june, lump sum. bring back the lockdowns I say smile

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by timbertoes
This Friday I'll get a $50 per day bonus for working... covers may and and june, lump sum. bring back the lockdowns I say smile

I picked cotton for $3 a day.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 01:29 PM

Wait what roflmao[/quote]
Lol, a Joe Biden quote.......[/quote]

Get you some of that economic intercourse

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 04:51 PM

River outfitters finding new employees for the summer getting difficult. Manufacturing facility having difficulty getting works to work on Saturdays.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

Cotton pickers were paid 2 cents a pound in the 1950's.
Posted By: Poppa

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 09:33 PM

I picked up hay for 8 cents a bale, if ya drove the tractor ya got 5 cents per bale. that's picked up in the field and stacked in the barn. I didn't do that long!
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 09:38 PM

I get paid when I close deals. All about production. I can work 60 hrs/wk or 30 hrs/wk, and close the same amount of deals. Now, not every deal pays the same.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Cotton pickers were paid 2 cents a pound in the 1950's.

Don’t judge. Maybe Bill was a fat kid back then. confused2

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 11:46 PM

I picked cucumbers $10 a day in Greece (Crete Island) 1985. Lived like a king back then $10 a day.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 11:52 PM

My grandpa paid per pound to the help. My dad and the other kids got half rate. Grandpa said he did not have to feed the help year around.

I am glad I did not have to field work.

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/20/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

I picked cucumbers $10 a day in Greece (Crete Island) 1985. Lived like a king back then $10 a day.

Would they allow you to pick on shares? confused2

[Linked Image]

Re: Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs - 05/21/20 11:22 PM

Several THFers posited that they needed to get a haircut or a dog license. Just found out that Muffin's groomer is back in business. I'm taking her in tomorrow. Surprise, surprise, serendipity happened. Specs liquor is next door. cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum