Texas Hunting Forum

whats your guess on what will happen in the next week?

Posted By: txtrophy85

whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 10:50 PM

From where I sit, right on the edge of Suburban/Rural Texas, Covid-19 has been severely overhyped. My town is looking like the plague has swept thru it, minus the bodies in the street. No sick, no dead, but everything is closed and you see maybe 1/4 of the people you normally would. Businesses are disrupted, lives displaced but so far, no real pandemic, at least not here.

Are we as an American people getting played? Does Covid-19 stand to be one of the biggest if not the biggest scam in our lifetimes? Or is this really a big deal? As I read it today it has about a 98% survivability rate. So in other words, are we are wrecking our lives and economy over 2% of the population? Was listening to a show earlier that had the former director of one of the disease foundations talking, he was talking about the last "pandemic" the swine flu, that took place in 09' Hell, in 09' we didn't hardly even hear about swine flu. All we hear about now in this place and time is this MF'ing Corona Virus.

There are some upsides I've seen, locally more families hanging out, riding bikes, walking, enjoying each other. The slowdown has led our family to hang out instead of be at a mad dash to make it to meetings, appointments and sports games/practices, which is a welcome reprieve.

But what is the next week going to hold for us.....you can't keep people on lockdown forever. Are we gonna see more pushback at a national level from frustrated citizens? I live in a area that is comprised of mostly level headed ( if not naïve ) people, what about the inner cities and those with large populations? I doubt those in the extreme rural areas will notice much differences.

I feel like we are in an episode of the twilight zone
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 10:52 PM

roflmao I would say but it be conspiracy theory.
Posted By: Jasb

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 10:58 PM

Man if it is a hoax our gov got played!
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 11:06 PM

The entire country will and should be on total lockdown.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by beaversnipe

It's coming, the government are telegraphing their moves on this. Slowly tightening things down before dropping the hammer. if they had just come right out and said 14 day lockdown everybody would have freaked out.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jasb
Man if it is a hoax our gov got played!

I don't think the virus is a hoax, I believe it exits.

what may be a hoax is the severity of it
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
roflmao I would say but it be conspiracy theory.

Bingo.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ox190

It's coming, the government are telegraphing their moves on this. Slowly tightening things down before dropping the hammer. if they had just come right out and said 14 day lockdown everybody would have freaked out.

Well its not gonna be 14 days.................the people aren't going to work but they sure as hades aints staying home. Get prepped or get burned by your lying govt.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 11:43 PM

clap
Posted By: JCB

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 11:49 PM

Unless you are in the medical field you probably haven't seen much at all with this virus other than the disruption in our normal lives. They say we are 2 weeks behind Italy so I suspect this time next week we will start to see just how serious of a mess we are in.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Unless you are in the medical field you probably haven't seen much at all with this virus other than the disruption in our normal lives. They say we are 2 weeks behind Italy so I suspect this time next week we will start to see just how serious of a mess we are in.

What they say is just another hoax like all the other doomsday crap on THF.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/19/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by JCB

Ok Bill. I sincerely hope you at least stay inside at your age during this hoax. When real people are dying I don't call that a hoax but whatever...….

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:03 AM

I'll take my chance. Look at the odds. Only 4 died in Texas. Quick death beats the snot out of the big C.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by JCB

Amazing how ignorant you are.
This thing will spread really fast in Texas.
Back overseas, 2 days ago i had 2 family members with it, today I have 5
They all live away from each other. My 80 yr old uncle is on a ventilator and my lil 5 yr old niece is doing better now after 7 days of being in the hospital. They are running out of tests.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:09 AM

As best I can tell, the next week is gonna be about the same
Posted By: glens

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:10 AM

I think is has helped this overbought overhyped stock market correct itself. I'm chewing nails and pissed as I don't watch my Investment Firm (Charles Schwab) that you pay and have a trigger on retirement account, blew by that trigger and has lost us a ton of moola. Too late to bail. Might have to move in with Money Bags. Bill have an extra bedroom. Wife cooks superb. banana
Posted By: huntwest

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:13 AM

The numbers definitely don’t add up. They have killed the best economy in the world wrecked the stock market which is goi g to have a huge impact on retired folks. Thousands of small businesses will go out too. There is no way they can make everyone whole after this is over.
So far 10,595 cases 150 deaths. Less than 1%. Ridiculous.
The only good thing my industry is on fire
Posted By: leswad

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:13 AM

2% = 6.8 million dead
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:16 AM

My prediction is that the sun will rise and set three times before it rises again on Monday.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by glens
I think is has helped this overbought overhyped stock market correct itself. I'm chewing nails and pissed as I don't watch my Investment Firm (Charles Schwab) that you pay and have a trigger on retirement account, blew by that trigger and has lost us a ton of moola. Too late to bail. Might have to move in with Money Bags. Bill have an extra bedroom. Wife cooks superb. banana

Wife died of cancer 7 years ago.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:21 AM

There's no win to this. If they had locked everything down, then the spread would have been reduced but not stopped completely. Then, if that was a success, all the folks that think they have it all figured out would have said "See! I told you it was no big deal!"

The steps that have been taken to contain this are unprecedented in American history, Think what you want, but do you really believe the US would crush it's own economy for nothing?

Before this ends probably every one on this forum will have personally known someone that died from this, unfortunately.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:21 AM

His wife he's talking about - not yours.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:23 AM

Everything closed for 14 days but hospitals, pharmacies, grocery stores and first responders. National guard at grocery stores to ensure people are polite.
Posted By: pnh

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by TX_LT230FH
There's no win to this. If they had locked everything down, then the spread would have been reduced but not stopped completely. Then, if that was a success, all the folks that think they have it all figured out would have said "See! I told you it was no big deal!"

The steps that have been taken to contain this are unprecedented in American history, Think what you want, but do you really believe the US would crush it's own economy for nothing?

Before this ends probably every one on this forum will have personally known someone that died from this, unfortunately.

I think the dims and the media would do it if it meant they were finally rid of President Trump.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:25 AM

Heads up Bill. Sorry for your loss but talking about my wife on the cooking.
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by huntwest
The numbers definitely don’t add up. They have killed the best economy in the world wrecked the stock market which is goi g to have a huge impact on retired folks. Thousands of small businesses will go out too. There is no way they can make everyone whole after this is over.
So far 10,595 cases 150 deaths. Less than 1%. Ridiculous.
The only good thing my industry is on fire

Ran across this article yesterday which kinda of changed my thoughts on this being a big scam on us. Never realized the amount of death associated with some of these new virus thru history. Eye opening read for sure
https://www.history.com/news/pandemics-end-plague-cholera-black-death-smallpox

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by TX_LT230FH

His wife he's talking about - not yours.

Yeah somebodies on the Martunies early. Well it is go to bed time. banana
Posted By: TKM

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:33 AM

Ran across this last night.

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu?

RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:35 AM

Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:41 AM

I'm still not convinced this wasn't produced in a lab. But I am convinced its deadly!
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:41 AM

I'll take my chance. Look at the odds. Only 4 died in Texas. Quick death beats the snot out of the big C.

Not sure how you think spending a couple weeks drowning in your own fluids is a quick death.
SMDH
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:42 AM

I'm gonna say by next Friday at minimum we are in a state wide self quarantine for 14 days. More likely a national.

Where the state or federal government has the authority to enact/ enforce such I do not know. Right wrong or indifferent. .

I've heard of a Nation wife lock down 2nd party from 2 different national guard sources and from a higher up at Exxon.

I assume we will.still.be allowed at the grocery store. Though I don't need to go. But I hope to still be able to go catch a crappie or two. We will see.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:48 AM

I can see a nationwide thing coming and it could get ugly for our Leo's. I had better be able to go to the dock and to the lease!

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:52 AM

On Sunday 12th of April, the Easter Bunny will arrive and everyone will have rabbit stew for Easter Dinner.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus

Not sure how you think spending a couple weeks drowning in your own fluids is a quick death.
SMDH

It took 14 months for my wife. I laid beside her. She lost her apatite. She cried out for water but couldn't swallow. I had to change her diapers. She had the death rattles three days before she died.
Posted By: TonyWornick

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:02 AM

We are all sorry for your loss Bill, but not every thread is about you. Others have hurt and pain also, they just don't dwell on it in every thread.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:08 AM

Cali governor estimates 25 million cases in Cali the next 8 weeks.
1/2 of its population.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:14 AM

SMDH

It took 14 months for my wife. I laid beside her. She lost her apatite. She cried out for water but couldn't swallow. I had to change her diapers. She had the death rattles three days before she died.

I watched my mother die of cancer. Doesn't mean I want to go kiss Sean Payton.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:28 AM

Military will and should be deployed.
We need coordination and more beds.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:28 AM

seems thats already happening bolt
Posted By: Marc K

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:36 AM

Look at the new order just issued for LA County.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:41 AM

Spring breakers continuing to party.

They interviewed a few, and they sound like complete morons.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...d-despite-coronavirus-spread/2873248001/
Posted By: Superduty

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:45 AM

SMDH

Bill in all sincerity, you might need counseling.

Praying for you.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:46 AM

Tuesday next week we will see.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:49 AM

Things are up in the air for West Texas and will get clarified in the next few days, but we may end up sending a couple of ambulances to a major metropolitan area. Gonna make it tough on the folks in the regular area we serve and the crews that stay here.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:00 AM

California governor just issued a state wide order to all residents to stay home for 2 weeks.

-The parent company of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls announced it is closing all of its stores worldwide for at least two weeks, according to a news release. TJX Companies also said it was closing its distribution centers, its offices and the online stores tjmaxx.com, marshalls.com and sierra.com. TJX operates T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense stores.
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:12 AM

California governor just issued a state wide order to all residents to stay home for 2 weeks.

Wow
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Superduty

SMDH

Bill in all sincerity, you might need counseling.

Praying for you.

Counseling is not needed. In all due respect. At 83 your story contains many chapters. The last chapter magnifies all the previous. It’s what we have. To realize that and understand, giving it’s due, will enhance our story. I’m the end, all any of us get is our story. Ours. To diminish another’s cheapens ours. A word of kindness cost nothing, no word costs even less. Empathy is the grace of kings.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:14 AM

Tejas will be next.

More store hoarding coming up.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:19 AM

SMDH

Bill although we will never meet. I can imagine the story you know. You should save your posts to write in a journal. Tell your story. Write it down. Some day your daughter may wish to read your story, she will never read your 62 thousand posts. She may love to have your story in a journal. It will be the most valuable thing you leave her.

God Bless us all!

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:20 AM

Tejas will be next.

I do believe I have stated, it’s going to be biblical boys!
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:21 AM

So we are supposed to have 2 weeks of food?

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Tejas will be next.

I do believe I have stated, it’s going to be biblical boys!
yeup

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cool Mo D

at a minimum
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270

Counseling is not needed. In all due respect. At 83 your story contains many chapters. The last chapter magnifies all the previous. It’s what we have. To realize that and understand, giving it’s due, will enhance our story. I’m the end, all any of us get is our story. Ours. To diminish another’s cheapens ours. A word of kindness cost nothing, no word costs even less. Empathy is the grace of kings.

words to live by
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:52 AM

Not hardly this is just more of beavers false reporting. He’s worse than the media. This is for California The state's order, which does not have a set end date, includes exemptions for public safety and health care operations as well as other essential services, including laundromats, grocery stores, and restaurants that offer takeout or delivery. But even those essential businesses will need to incorporate social distancing practices — keeping 6 feet of space between individual employees and customers, officials said.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by KK30RAR

Not hardly this is just more of beavers false reporting. He’s worse than the media. This is for California The state's order, which does not have a set end date, includes exemptions for public safety and health care operations as well as other essential services, including laundromats, grocery stores, and restaurants that offer takeout or delivery. But even those essential social distancing practices — keeping 6 feet of space between individual employees and customers, officials said.

The Tejas will be next, was my opinion. Not a fact. But we are surely headed that way, as daily we have more restrictions and closings.
You really think California will be the only State with that mandatory order?
Pretty much the entire country will soon follow. There is NO other way around this.
China did it, Europe is doing it now and we are next, wether u like it or not.
Posted By: swampthang

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 03:11 AM

People will get burnt-out and bored with all things coronavirus related and it will go away.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 03:15 AM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...rge/ar-BB11qUXr?li=BBnb4R7&ocid=iehp

Mainland China reported zero locally transmitted cases of the coronavirus for the second straight day, while the daily tally for infections involving travellers arriving in the country surged to a new record.

Mainland China had 39 new confirmed cases on Thursday, the country's National Health Commission said, all of which were imported cases.

Of the new imported infections, 14 were in Guangdong, eight in Shanghai and six in Beijing, the health authority said on Friday.

Wuhan, capital of central Hubei province and epicenter of the outbreak in China, saw zero new cases for the second day.

That brings the total accumulated number of confirmed cases in mainland China so far to 80,967.
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 03:15 AM

It is all China's fault. Where does all this carp start? No coincidence in my mind. Glad I have TP. [Linked Image]

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Stump_jumper
It is all China's fault. Where does all this carp start? No coincidence in my mind.

H1N1 started in Mexico
Posted By: TCM3

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by leswad
2% = 6.8 million dead

Assuming the whole population gets it....
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by swampthang
People will get burnt-out and bored with all things coronavirus related and it will go away.

This ain't going away any time soon. Yes, a very small percentage of the population will eventually die from it, however, a small percentage of a huge population is still a very large number that will overwhelm our first responders. Throw in a little irrational panic, and it could be interesting.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:20 PM

My neighbor said. Look out boys things are gonna get western. God will have made up his mind if people are fit to continue by Easter Sunday. Jesus is in the desert now preparing for his death and resurrection.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:28 PM

[quote
This ain't going away any time soon. Yes, a very small percentage of the population will eventually die from it, however, a small percentage of a huge population is still a very large number that will overwhelm our first responders. [/quote]

More fiction.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

This ain't going away any time soon. Yes, a very small percentage of the population will eventually die from it, however, a small percentage of a huge population is still a very large number that will overwhelm our first responders. Throw in a little irrational panic, and it could be interesting.

Judging by this counter there will only be about 300 deaths by the end of the month. I don't think that will "overwhelm" anything.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 01:07 PM

We really won't know until all the spring breakers get back home to infect their families and neighbors. I'll still be feeding my dogs and picking tomatoes.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:35 PM

I see more and more people wearing masks.
Where did they buy em? All stores are out of em.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
We really won't know until all the spring breakers get back home to infect their families and neighbors. I'll still be feeding my dogs and picking tomatoes.

Mandatory testing and full cavity search on all them overcrowded selfish beach bumps frat boyz.

Yesterday, they interviewed a chick in Miami who was drunk and pizzed off, cause the corona virus ruined her vacation she had studied so hard for.
Stupid b.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 04:34 PM

Mandatory testing and full cavity search on all them overcrowded selfish beach bumps frat boyz.

Yesterday, they interviewed a chick in Miami who was drunk and pizzed off, cause the corona virus ruined her vacation she had studied so hard for.
Stupid b.

start with the celebrities , they seem to have a higher percentage of getting the corona than anyone else. Follow the white rabbit

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 05:12 PM

The first quarterly reports will start coming out in a few weeks. Grocery stores will be hot and running, but what about the retailers? Just to name a few, Home Depot, Lowes, and the clothing stores, auto sales??? Should be interesting on how the number punchers describe what happened...
Posted By: rickym

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 05:16 PM

Nationwide self quarantine but not mandatory.
Posted By: Twotoes

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 05:19 PM

How long before the Trump org goes belly up? They are known for very high levels of debt, and the hotel/hospitality business I would imagine is being hit hard right now.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 05:29 PM

635 new death in Italy last 24 hrs.
70% were men, they dont know why.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 05:46 PM

I know why. This is a weaponized virus.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 05:51 PM

I wonder what the ages of the deaths in Italy are?

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 05:58 PM

And life is basically back to normal in China.Go figure.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 05:59 PM

If you trust what they are saying. We'll never get a count of bodies if they burned them all.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:06 PM

If you trust what they are saying. We'll never get a count of bodies if they burned them all.

Nah,I think they 'bout wrapped it up over there.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...irus-for-first-time-since-outbreak-began
Posted By: jetdad

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:13 PM

Better eat at your favorite restaurant. That industry is going to suffer horribly. A lot of good people without jobs now and more to come. Very sad. Too many folks will get hurt by this. Help where you can.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:13 PM

Nah,I think they 'bout wrapped it up over there.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...irus-for-first-time-since-outbreak-began

I had read that the virus mutated when it left china. They had the original strain and most other places have the mutated strain. Who knows if its true or not.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj

I heard the average age is 82.
And no I don’t have a stinking link!

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Better eat at your favorite restaurant. That industry is going to suffer horribly. A lot of good people without jobs now and more to come. Very sad. Too many folks will get hurt by this. Help where you can.

I think folks who work in the bar and restaurant industry should get government relief checks twice as big as the rest of us.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:24 PM

the virus will suddenly die and disappear, like SARS did, and we will all live happily ever-after.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

the virus will suddenly die and disappear, like SARS did, and we will all live happily ever-after.

and no one will question a thing. hammer

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:28 PM

U can give ur check to them.
They actually encourage that.
Not everybody will get a check.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj

79.5 is what I read this morning.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:34 PM

China propaganda IMO. I gotta believe their economy is crushed and they need to ramp up and export so they are trying to instill to the world confidence.
I don't trust the numbers and posed photos

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

Judging by this counter there will only be about 300 deaths by the end of the month. I don't think that will "overwhelm" anything.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

OK, I worded it wrong. The number of deaths will not overwhelm first responders, the number of hospitalized will. I hope I am wrong.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:37 PM

This ain't going away any time soon. Yes, a very small percentage of the population will eventually die from it, however, a small percentage of a huge population is still a very large number that will overwhelm our first responders.

More fiction.

Actually, it is not Fiction. It is a prediction. Isn't that what this entire thread is asking for? A prediction on what will happen next week? If your prediction is rosier, I hope your's comes true and mine does not.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:50 PM

Oil -22% dragging everything down.

Here we go again.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:58 PM

why are they all looking so ill...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 06:59 PM

[Linked Image]

Because they don't have a team of professionals doing their makeup before they go on camera.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 07:00 PM

roflmao
Posted By: texasag93

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by SherpaPhil

[Linked Image]

Because they don't have a team of professionals doing their makeup before they go on camera.

I know who the 2 dudes are on the ends, but who is that in the middle?
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 09:55 PM

[Linked Image]

No vitamin A?
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by texasag93

[Linked Image]

Bob Geldof
Posted By: jetdad

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by texasag93

[Linked Image]

Oprah.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 10:17 PM

Military will and should be deployed.
We need coordination and more beds.

You’re a f-ing pansy dude. Geez.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 10:31 PM

If we would have shut down at the first US case, we'd be done by now!
Posted By: don k

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Or maybe we should have just let it run its course like all the others?

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lazyjack

[Linked Image]

No vitamin A?

yes sir it sure seems so. The vitamin a supply has been cut. bolt Even have madona screaming on how she will murder some "pasta" right now

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 10:55 PM

Coronavirus live updates: US cases now total more than 17,000, Member of Vice President Pence’s office tests positive

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 10:58 PM

In an analysis published Tuesday, Stanford’s John P.A. Ioannidis — co-director of the university’s Meta-Research Innovation Center and professor of medicine, biomedical data science, statistics, and epidemiology and population health — suggests that the response to the coronavirus pandemic may be “a fiasco in the making” because we are making seismic decisions based on “utterly unreliable” data. The data we do have, Ioannidis explains, indicates that we are likely severely overreacting.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/stan...edium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 11:01 PM

Only time will tell.

I think some wise guy yesteryears said: Time is Money
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 11:07 PM

Only time will tell.

I think some wise guy yesteryears said: Time is Money

You’re basically a chic. roflmao

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hancock
The data we do have, Ioannidis explains, indicates that we are likely severely overreacting.

And I sure hope we are!
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 11:23 PM

In an analysis published Tuesday, Stanford’s John P.A. Ioannidis — co-director of the university’s Meta-Research Innovation Center and professor of medicine, biomedical data science, statistics, and epidemiology and population health — suggests that the response to the coronavirus pandemic may be “a fiasco in the making” because we are making seismic decisions based on “utterly unreliable” data. The data we do have, Ioannidis explains, indicates that we are likely severely overreacting.

This..........and it is no accident. The plan will go forward so prep accordingly

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64

This..........and it is no accident. The plan will go forward so prep accordingly

More paranoia.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 11:34 PM

Tell them Bill!
Posted By: rjf1911

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by don k

And we wouldn’t be completely screwing the economy...like we are now.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by rjf1911

I'd be willing to take my chances and I am at the high risk age.
Posted By: rjf1911

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/20/20 11:57 PM

I'd be willing to take my chances and I am at the high risk age.

Agree 100%....and I am too.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/21/20 01:13 AM

They're gonna keep on until the US economy is so crippled Russia and China are going to start "getting ideas". Russia gets everything east of the Mississippi and China gets everything west of the Mississippi. Which means everyone in Texas will need to learn to speak Chinese.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1240833664801538049

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/21/20 01:23 AM

I think once we gonna hit 100,000 plus infections shortly, it will be chaos.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/21/20 01:25 AM

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/21/20 01:41 AM

Not all who gets infected will get sick Most won't go to the hospital. Look at the THFer on here who tested positive as well as his family. They stayed at home and used OTC medications.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/21/20 01:43 AM

Why? H1N1 went +60,000,000 in 2009

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/21/20 01:50 AM

Why? H1N1 went +60,000,000 in 2009

The why is paranoia.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/21/20 01:58 AM

The issue isn’t the fatality rate. It’s the rate that requires high medical care (icu or hospital) to prevent deaths. We are straining our resources. The data suggest that the vast majority of people that die have a comorbitiy (diabetes, high blood pressure, obese, immune comprised, etc.)

Even if the fatality rate is low ( for reference this is projected to be 2.5-3.5% and I understand that is suspect because we don’t ‘now exact numbers because we don’t have enough tests) it is still worse than the flu by a long shot. But that vast majority of people with flu don’t require hospitalization. Whereas with this it’s 15-20%.

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/21/20 02:50 AM

It's the sissy,millennial generation,scared of their own shadow. People have been dieing for eons from the flu. People need to sack up and get their a$$ back to work. Oh wait,they cant,the government shut down their business. mad

Re: whats your guess on what will happen in the next week? - 03/21/20 02:52 AM

It's the sissy,millennial generation,scared of their own shadow. People have been dieing for eons from the flu. People need to sack up and get their a$$ back to work. Oh wait,they cant,the government shut down their business. mad

Yeah, why cant we all be real men like back in 1918...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum