Texas Hunting Forum

What do you never leave without?

Posted By: TCM3

What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 05:30 PM

What's one thing you don't even step outside the door without? Besides clothes peep
For me it's my Pocket knife. Makes a good screwdriver if needed.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 05:32 PM

my wallet
Posted By: snake oil

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 05:35 PM

Billfold, pocket knife and phone.
Posted By: AMF

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 05:40 PM

Well, if "...don't even step outside the door without..." includes just walking out to the shop, the truck for a minute or out to the mailbox, it would be my pistol. If I'm home all day, you could easily catch me without my wallet, knife, keys or even my phone. You will NEVER catch me without my pistol.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 05:52 PM

Wallet, keys and phone.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Duke107
Well, if "...don't even step outside the door without..." includes just walking out to the shop, the truck for a minute or out to the mailbox, it would be my pistol. If I'm home all day, you could easily catch me without my wallet, knife, keys or even my phone. You will NEVER catch me without my pistol.

You must live in a rough neighborhood.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil
Billfold, pocket knife and phone.

Yep, same for me.
Posted By: noname124398

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:03 PM

Posted By: BigPig

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by scalebuster

You must live in a rough neighborhood.

Crime is everywhere, doesn’t matter how elite of a neighborhood you live in.

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:17 PM

Exactly
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:29 PM

Same here. And no, I don’t live in a rough neighborhood.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:32 PM

Shoes. I'm a tenderfoot. My keys and my wallet stay on my console.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:33 PM

I didn’t know Yokum was that bad of a place.
Posted By: PMK

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:38 PM

wallet, keys, pocket knife, phone, readers ... clothes and shoes (or crocs) and about 98% of the time a cap
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:41 PM

My Mickey coin.
Posted By: cbump

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:48 PM

Contacts
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:48 PM

Unless I’m asleep, this is in my pocket

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/stylus-pro#
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 06:50 PM

Just another reminder I can’t find my Sheffield razor after 3 days now
Posted By: redchevy

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Thundervee

Im convinced these are 99% tuff guy comments or people who have a complex of some sort. I remember a while ago someone was freaking out because he had to go to the airport and couldn't take his gun on the plane and couldn't leave it in the car lol its like made up problems.

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:13 PM

About the only thing I can say I never leave my house without is myself.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:15 PM

4 things- Keys, wallet, phone, and pistol- 100% of the time.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:15 PM

I rarely walk out the front door without clothes on.
Posted By: Stub

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I rarely walk out the front door without clothes on.

eeks333 scared
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy

Im convinced these are 99% tuff guy comments or people who have a complex of some sort. I remember a while ago someone was freaking out because he had to go to the airport and couldn't take his gun on the plane and couldn't leave it in the car lol its like made up problems.

Not a tuff guy, that's the reason this old man carries. We live 0.7 miles from the main East-West railroad and have been approached more than once by a railroad bum or what ever else you want to call them. So far they have been just wanting to know how to get out of our neighborhood but that could change on the next person. Too old and beat up from 40+ years in a refinery to fight hand to hand for my life. Several cars and housed have been broken into mid day to take chances.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit

Not a tuff guy, that's the reason this old man carries. We live 0.7 miles from the main East-West railroad and have been approached more than once by a railroad bum or what ever else you want to call them. So far they have been just wanting to know how to get out of our neighborhood but that could change on the next person. Too old and beat up from 40+ years in a refinery to fight hand to hand for my life. Several cars and housed have been broken into mid day to take chances.

I'd say the tough guy walks around without a gun.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
my wallet
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:39 PM

I've carried a Swiss Army knife daily since I was about 13 (1974), and a Zippo since my Freshman year of College (1980).

I can't carry either on a plane since 09/11/2001. So if I have to fly I check a bag and they to in just before I check it and get them out as soon as I get it off the carousel.

And I found out I couldn't take them into the Jimmy Buffett concert at Dos XX Pavilion last Summer.

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass

Thank God I have one stuck in my boot. Its not the end of the world if I gotta take a leak in yard without it though.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 07:59 PM

Wallet, keys and even though I do not smoke a cigarette lighter.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 09:48 PM

You’d be convinced wrong. But you do you. Tough guy roflmao
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 10:23 PM

Wallet, keys, phone, knife, pistol, water and TP. Last 2 are always in the truck.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 10:40 PM

I don't carry a gun but keep a couple in the truck, mostly just for trapping and because it feels strange to not have any available. I have lots of knives everywhere, but I find I really don't like stuff in my pocket anymore except my rubber band around my cards and cash and so I usually wear a neck knife.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
4 things- Keys, wallet, phone, and pistol- 100% of the time.

What Chad said. Yes, I even have one in my pocket walking to the mailbox to check the mail.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Posted By: jetdad

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 11:45 PM

Condoms. Still hoping to get lucky someday.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/25/20 11:49 PM

Phone, wallet, keys....and water or iced tea! TP is always in the truck.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/26/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by ducknbass

Thank God I have one stuck in my boot. Its not the end of the world if I gotta take a leak in yard without it though.

Ten thousand comedians on welfare and you have to crack this joke. roflmao
Posted By: MBradford

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/26/20 12:11 AM

Do you make sure there is someone in the house who can provide defilade fire while you go to the mailbox?
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/26/20 07:01 PM

Beer
Posted By: sweetwood

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/26/20 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford

Do you make sure there is someone in the house who can provide defilade fire while you go to the mailbox?

I just lob a few mortar rounds from the back yard and then make a break for it while there's still some smoke obscuring me.

Aside from that there's usually one of a few cheap Kershaw knives that I have or Leatherman in my pocket.

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/26/20 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by sweetwood
Originally Posted by MBradford

I just lob a few mortar rounds from the back yard and then make a break for it while there's still some smoke obscuring me.

Aside from that there's usually one of a few cheap Kershaw knives that I have or Leatherman in my pocket.

rofl
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/26/20 08:08 PM

money, the device and a glass of ice water.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/26/20 08:14 PM

Sig, benchmade, trayvex, apple
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/27/20 01:13 AM

Bad peeps are everywhere, if ya never leave out the door without that pistol you might not be that "next victim ".
Posted By: Marc K

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/27/20 02:02 PM

Well, the question was "the one thing" - so I have to go with a folding pocket knife.

Never really thought about it. The question made me realize that If I am wearing pants or shorts, my knife is in my pocket - always. It's just a habit of 45 years. If I am leaving my home, the list grows of course.

Marc
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/27/20 02:29 PM

I say to myself every morning before I leave the house, "keys, wallet, gun". If I have those three things, I'm off to a pretty good start.
Posted By: BrangusVA

Re: What do you never leave without? - 02/27/20 02:47 PM

Easy there killer.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum