Texas Hunting Forum

Buried, cremated or composted?

Posted By: 603Country

Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:01 AM

Now there is a 3rd option on what to do with your body (hopefully deceased). You can be composted. How thrilling...

It seems to be a west coast thing at the moment.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:05 AM

Body farms have been an option too.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:05 AM

Organ donor….after they take anything anyone else can use I don't care...I'm dead.... 2cents
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:07 AM

Cremated without ceremony for me. Less stress for Cathy. Hope I have all the papers ready to avoid probate.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:17 AM

Who told you probating a will is bad? confused2
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Cremated without ceremony for me. Less stress for Cathy. Hope I have all the papers ready to avoid probate.

Why don’t you seek the advise of an attorney? Next to a durable power of attorney, advance directive and a document with all account access information, a will is one of the most important papers.

Or you could just ask for advise here.

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus

Why don’t you seek the advise of an attorney? Next to a durable power of attorney, advance directive and a document with all account access information, a will is one of the most important papers.

I never asked here. Cathy is an attorney. We have it covered.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Greg

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:29 AM

I guess just put me in the ground. Nothing fancy cause I’m not there.

I saw where some companies now will take some of your ashes and actually make diamonds out of it. They do it for your pets too. Then you can “wear” your loved one in the form of a ring or necklace. “Nice diamond ring you have there Jenny!” “Thanks, it’s Lassie”

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:36 AM

No ceremony for the passing of a human life is very sad. 'Don't care what you believe. Nobody's gonna notice how "noble" you were.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:38 AM

I told my wife to go the cheapest rout possible. Funerals and weddings are a waste of money.

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Greg
I guess just put me in the ground. Nothing fancy cause I’m not there.

I saw where some companies now will take some of your ashes and actually make diamonds out of it. They do it for your pets too. Then you can “wear” your loved one in the form of a ring or necklace. “Nice diamond ring you have there Jenny!” “Thanks, it’s Lassie”

You can put 'em in a shotgun shell too; animal or human. 'Take them on your next hunt. The world's gone nuts.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:40 AM

Posted By: RayB

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
No ceremony for the passing of a human life is very sad. 'Don't care what you believe. Nobody's gonna notice how "noble" you were.

I just don't believe in funerals, when I kick my fat butt goes in the incinerator and the family will get together for a BBQ maybe. Not making funeral director richer. To each his own though.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:43 AM

Cremation it'll save space in the local National Cemetery. Composting isn't an option yet in national cemeteries.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:43 AM

I'm with you RayB.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:48 AM

Family cemetery for me.

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:01 AM

I want a big gaudy tombstone.

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:03 AM

Make sure your survivor gets at least 10 death certificates.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:03 AM

Family cemetery is in Porter Springs Texas.

No one will ever go there. Just cremate me.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:05 AM

We finalized our wills last week.

I originally wanted to be buried but I’ll take a cremation. My wife 100% does not want to be cremated.

Not sure if it matters or not, but I like to think I would like to see my ashes scattered across a mesquite flat or mountain range somewhere

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:05 AM

I used to tell people that I would not have any life insurance. When they are standing around my grave crying, I want em to mean it.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:07 AM

Tibetan sky burial
Posted By: pnh

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:07 AM

Porter Springs? Hell, I'm close, I might come visit! roflmao
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:08 AM

Burial at sea from a US Navy vessel. You don’t get to pick the location but your next will receive gps coordinates and the US Flag that was flying that day. DONE
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus

I agree.
I just did mine last week for $10.
Wife’s job is paying for the rest.
Debating on a trust, he charges $450

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by RayB
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I just don't believe in funerals, when I kick my fat butt goes in the incinerator and the family will get together for a BBQ maybe. Not making funeral director richer. To each his own though.

407?
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:18 AM

Take my organs for somebody else, then use me for coyote bait, that way I can keep killing them

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by 603Country
I used to tell people that I would not have any life insurance. When they are standing around my grave crying, I want em to mean it.

Same thing here.

Life insurance is for suckers.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:28 AM

Soylent Green.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
We finalized our wills last week.

I originally wanted to be buried but I’ll take a cremation. My wife 100% does not want to be cremated.

Not sure if it matters or not, but I like to think I would like to see my ashes scattered across a mesquite flat or mountain range somewhere

We did ours yesterday...
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by pnh
Porter Springs? Hell, I'm close, I might come visit! roflmao

You would be the only one. It is peaceful out there.

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Soylent Green.

barf
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:45 AM

Cremated with the cremains interred at the Abilene Veteran's Cemetery.

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Cremated with the cremains interred at the Abilene Veteran's Cemetery.

Thank you for your service. flag
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:58 AM

Got a lil' spot reserved around Lamesa. Cremated and stick the urn in the ground there with all my family.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 02:04 AM

Wife and I both want cremation. Looking forward to my heavenly body.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 02:20 AM

My mom was cremated 2 years ago. First in the family. Takes a while to get to the actual process because of state regs. She's buried next to my grandparents. Cemetery said you can bury 3 or 6 (I don't remember which) urns for every grave spot. Guess that's where I'll end up too.

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
My mom was cremated 2 years ago. First in the family. Takes a while to get to the actual process because of state regs. She's buried next to my grandparents. Cemetery said you can bury 3 or 6 (I don't remember which) urns for every grave spot. Guess that's where I'll end up too.

My wife's ashes were sent to me in the mail. I still have them. Plan to bury them with Muffin when she dies.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 03:09 AM

I don’t begrudge anyone’s wishes regarding their earthly body, but I doubt that I’ll ever understand it. I do not care what happens to my physical body, once it dies. At that point, I’m done with it.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 03:22 AM

Scattered my father-in-law's ashes at his favorite fishing spot on Bayou Bernard. I say hello George every time I fish that spot.
Posted By: mclipp

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 03:29 AM

I told my wife the other day that I thought I wanted to be cremated. Heck, she went ahead and got me an appointment for next week Wednesday. grin
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 03:35 AM

roflmao clap

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 04:34 AM

Both my in-laws want their ashes in the San Marcos River. There's a nice bridge over it on the new tollway between Seguin and Austin. Speed limit's 80mph ya know. smirk
Posted By: missingAK

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 04:41 AM

Whatever's cheapest at the time.
Posted By: Hooker

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 04:41 AM

Cremated and have a spot reserved in a National Cemetery in Missouri
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 11:34 AM

Cremation, I don't want my body held somewhere with a headstone where my offspring would get guilty about not visiting. No need to memorialize it. Spread the ashes wherever - off the Faust Street Bridge over the Guadalupe, in the Laguna Madre, over some South TX brush, under the sky ride near Sunken Gardens, by Founders Oak at Landa Park, over the waterfall at Hamilton's Pool and on and on . . .

My brother's ashes are in Lake Somerville. He loved it there.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 12:15 PM

Another Organ donor, after that cremate.

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by missingAK
Whatever's cheapest at the time.

It was $930 for my wife.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 02:02 PM

Im an organ donor and once they are done I wish to be cremated. I think cemeteries are a huge waste of land.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Im an organ donor and once they are done I wish to be cremated. I think cemeteries are a huge waste of land.

Agree
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 02:37 PM

Cremation, remains placed in a bio urn with an oak tree planted on a ranch south of Abilene. Every one who wants to pee on my grave will now have the opportunity.
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy

agreed
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 03:19 PM

I plan is to get use of the taxes I have paid over the years of my life by being buried in a national cemetery.
flag
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 03:48 PM

Cremated. Then ashes spread in Roaring River, Lake Fork, and the Gulf.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 05:57 PM

xx
Posted By: PMK

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 06:07 PM

before cremation became popular, I told my wife to just dig a big deep post hole and stand me up in it to not take up so much space ... now that there are many more crematoriums, cremation after they pull any useful organs out ... spread my ashes over the TX hill country.
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 07:28 PM

There is a natural cemetery in Austin that sounds amazing besides it being in Austin. You have to be buried with no embalming fluid and in a biodegradable bag. Headstones must be even with the ground and natural wildlife roams the grounds. If there were to ever be anything like this in West Texas I would be all for it.

I like the idea of being cremated but would also like the family to have a place to go if they so desire. Some colleges are building Columbarioums if Texas Tech builds one that is probably where I'll end up.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by GunsUp18
There is a natural cemetery in Austin that sounds amazing besides it being in Austin. You have to be buried with no embalming fluid and in a biodegradable bag. Headstones must be even with the ground and natural wildlife roams the grounds. If there were to ever be anything like this in West Texas I would be all for it.

Could always randomly find a small plot of land and set up your own cemetery to be such as that out there.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 07:41 PM

All global warming alarmists should opt to be composted when they go, it's a fitting end.
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 08:03 PM

I would prefer buried in the family plot in Northern Stephens county a few hundred yards from the Clear Fork. No cars coming by....just the occasional rancher, pumper or hunter.

I am waiting for some cheapster to say "just quarter me....put me in trash bags and put me on the curb on trash day so the trash man can haul me to the landfill.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 08:12 PM

Coworker says he wants to be cremated and his ashes put in disposable douche so he can be "run through one last time."
roflmao
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Buried, cremated or composted? - 02/18/20 10:37 PM

On me I really don't care, as for my wife she wants to be composted with a tree planted over her.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum