Texas Hunting Forum

The virus

Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

The virus - 02/13/20 07:58 PM

News just reported the first case in San Antonio. Apparently the person was one of those that evacuated Wuhan and was in quarantine.

How do you feel about people coming back to the US after being in China? IMO, don't come back until after you have passed a quarantine over there and then 2 more over here.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 08:02 PM

Keep em there!
Posted By: pdr55

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 08:13 PM

I replied in the other thread that it was pretty stupid that they held them in a 14 day quarantine and before they were released that it had been reported that the incubation of the virus was 21-28 days.
And they released them anyway. Go figure!
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 08:13 PM

Have there been any deaths in the US from this virus?
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 08:14 PM

Not yet.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 08:25 PM

The southside will freak. Rumors are already probably spreading like wildfire and being grossly convoluted.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 08:32 PM

quarantine is a must
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by pdr55
I replied in the other thread that it was pretty stupid that they held them in a 14 day quarantine and before they were released that it had been reported that the incubation of the virus was 21-28 days.
And they released them anyway. Go figure!

The incubation period is calculated on based on past experiences, 95% will show signs in 6.4 days, but then others may not show signs for up to 28 days or longer. The only sure method of quarantine is place them in quarantine forever.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
News just reported the first case in San Antonio. Apparently the person was one of those that evacuated Wuhan and was in quarantine.

How do you feel about people coming back to the US after being in China? IMO, don't come back until after you have passed a quarantine over there and then 2 more over here.

It is irrelevant at this point. China had a small window of opportunity to contain the spread late December early January. Cat is out of the bag now.

The disease is more than likely spreading domestically and globally undetected - similar symptoms to the cold/flu. CDC/WH task force even admits the test has very low accuracy and is highly flawed - current research says most likely 60% of the global population will be affected. 80% of cases very mild (like a cold) - 20% severe requiring hospitalization. Do the math: US population 327 million; 60% infected: 196 million; 20% of those cases severe: ~39 million...How many hospital beds available in the US? Not even 10% of that.

With the flawed tests - there have been a number of cases where a patient presents with cold/flu symptoms. 1st test on that day negative, test 5 days later negative again, 10 days, negative...and finally a positive test in subsequent days. That is why it is so incredibly hard to detect. Not to mention people are contagious before showing symptoms. You can't quarantine the entire population.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 08:51 PM

I’m not in favor of restricting American citizens from entering their own country. Hey should be allowed to return, but quarantined here.

If it were me, that’s what I’d want. Get me home, stick me in a quarantine (military base, perhaps) and treat me. I want the best healthcare, which is here, but I don’t want to spread the virus to anyone else, so I don’t want to just go home or a hospital that isn’t equipped for this.

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 08:53 PM

I took a job a year ago that requires me to work from home. I have quarantined myself.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
...but, I don’t want to spread the virus to anyone else, so I don’t want to just go home or a hospital that isn’t equipped for this.

'Problem is, not everyone in the general population has your reasoning skills. Lots of stupid, selfish people out there.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 09:45 PM

I've said it before I'll say it again, Travel ban, to and from China and Asian countries.
Posted By: swampthang

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 11:02 PM

China needs to get that shiat under control. It's badly damaging their GDP and wreaking havoc on our stock market.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

...but, I don’t want to spread the virus to anyone else, so I don’t want to just go home or a hospital that isn’t equipped for this.

'Problem is, not everyone in the general population has your reasoning skills. Lots of stupid, selfish people out there.

That is true. I think authorities should require quarantine. I’m just saying I wouldn’t want to be released from quarantine in China and then just fly home, but I would want to come home, and that is something that should be allowed. And it is allowed.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 11:20 PM

They should leave them sum britches in china for a year.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 11:25 PM

I’m not in favor of restricting American citizens from entering their own country. Hey should be allowed to return, but quarantined here.

If it were me, that’s what I’d want. Get me home, stick me in a quarantine (military base, perhaps) and treat me. I want the best healthcare, which is here, but I don’t want to spread the virus to anyone else, so I don’t want to just go home or a hospital that isn’t equipped for this.

I have to agree.

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 11:29 PM

Someone explain why this is more of an emergency than any other respiratory virus?

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Someone explain why this is more of an emergency than any other respiratory virus?

because the media says so???

What happens when 90% of the media is controlled/owned by (6) corporations?
What happens when those same corporations are operated and controlled by a political ideology?
What happens when the news is no longer free from bias?
What happens when the news is no longer reliable and independent?
What happens when the news is no longer trustworthy?
What happens when the news simply becomes an extension/arm of a political party?
Fact becomes fiction?
Fiction becomes fact?
When does news become propaganda?
Identity creation?
How does the average person, who is under constant financial stress (by design), find time to research and discern fact v fiction?
Majority of people more prone to believe someone in power sitting behind a big brand ‘news’ name?
Do people [human psyche] tend to follow the ‘majority/mainstream viewpoint’ in fear of being isolated and/or shunned?
‘Mainstream’ is used for a reason [dominate trend in opinion].
[If majority of people believe ‘x’ then ‘x’ must be validated / true]
Why do ‘mainstream’ media heads, within different orgs, always use the same keywords and/or catch phrases?
Coordinated? By who? Outside entity providing instructions?
Do they count on the fact that people [human psyche] are more prone to believe something if heard over-and-over again by different ‘trusted’ sources?
Do ‘echo chamber’ tactics provide validation / credibility to the topic/point being discussed?
Threat to intellectual freedom?
Would control over[of] these institutions/organizations allow for the mass control of a populations viewpoint re: a desired topic?
Read again – digest.
Would control over[of] these institutions/organizations allow for the mass control of a populations viewpoint re: a desired topic?
Logical thinking.
Why, after the election of 2016, did [D]’s and media corps jumpstart a [coordinated & planned] divisive blitz intended to create falsehoods re: illegitimacy of election, character assassination of POTUS through sexism, racism, every other ‘ism’?
Pre/post 2016 election?
Why were violent [masked] terror orgs such as Antifa immediately created/funded?
Why were these orgs tasked w/ immediate intimidation/shut down of any pro-POTUS rally[s] and/or events?
Why were marches immediately organized to counter and silence pro-POTUS rally[s] and/or events?
Why were marches immediately organized which divided people into sex/gender, race, [ism]?
When you control the levers of news dissemination, you control the narrative.
Control of the narrative = power
When you are blind, what do you see?
They want you divided.
Divided by religion.
Divided by sex.
Divided by political affiliation.
Divided by class.
When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those ‘different’ from you, not those responsible [controllers].
Divided you are weak.
Divided you pose no threat to their control.
When ‘non-dogmatic’ information becomes FREE & TRANSPARENT it becomes a threat to those who attempt to control the narrative and/or stable [livestock kept – sheep].
When you are awake, you stand on the outside of the stable (‘group-think’ collective), and have ‘free thought’.
"Free thought" is a philosophical viewpoint which holds that positions regarding truth should be formed on the basis of logic, reason, and empiricism, rather than authority, tradition, revelation, or dogma.
THIS REPRESENTS A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Re: The virus - 02/13/20 11:43 PM

My understanding is the mortality rate of over 2%. Combined with its inability to detect someone infected and how easily it is transfered. But it could be the media too.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 12:09 AM

And, we still have flu shot deniers.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

And, we still have shed and spread deniers.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 12:37 AM

There is no shot for this virus.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 12:40 AM

Your free flu shot won't keep you from getting this.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

But, but, but, people said the same about the flu shot. Let me rephrase.

Will you take the shot for the virus. When not if it becomes available? confused2
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

But, but, but, people said the same about the flu shot. Let me rephrase.

Will you take the shot for the virus. When not if it becomes available? confused2

If I was foolish enough to be going to China then yes.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 01:01 AM

heck those flu shot takers may be the first to get the china man virus. Your immune system has not naturally fought off the bug and built up its resistance naturally. A new china man bug comes in to the picture and well....

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
heck those flu shot takers may be the first to get the china man virus. Your immune system has not naturally fought off the bug and built up its resistance naturally. A new china man bug comes in to the picture and well....

Vitamin C.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 01:39 AM

[quote=bill oxner]And, we still have flu shot deniers.

There is no shot for this virus. [/quote
Even if there was a coronavirus shot there would be some that would not get it.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 01:43 AM

Are you sure there is no shot? Being this virus looks to have been created in the lab, what are the odds that they were also woking on a vaccine for their troops. It does no good to have a germ warfare bug unless you can keep your armed forces well to invade and defeat the survivors.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit

Are you sure there is no shot? Being this virus looks to have been created in the lab, what are the odds that they were also woking on a vaccine for their troops. It does no good to have a germ warfare bug unless you can keep your armed forces well to invade and defeat the survivors.

There may be some truth there but if that is the case... Do you really think China would give anyone, especially the US, the vaccination??

That said, I am positive it is not available at CVS.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 02:40 AM

Here are the numbers, no one is resistant, 330 million people, a 60 to 80 percent infection rate, 20% require hospitalization, 2% die. This is the worst case scenario in the USA. We need to be very concerned.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by nsmike
Here are the numbers, no one is resistant, 330 million people, a 60 to 80 percent infection rate, 20% require hospitalization, 2% die. This is the worst case scenario in the USA. We need to be very concerned.

About twice the percentage that died in the 1918 flu epidemic.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 03:20 AM

Well this ought to get the “healthcare for all” campaign kicked off.
Think about that ...

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 03:22 AM

They would nuke us if they could
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit

Tell me more about the virus being created in a lab.
Posted By: sweetwood

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 05:29 AM

The bits that I've seen go in a couple directions. (I believe neither)

The theory goes that a professor hired by the Chinese govt smuggled it out of Canada if memory serves me correctly. Or something along those lines.
This guy -> https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/02/03/harv-f03.html

Another has to do with the sequencing matching another virus. Way above my pay grade to comment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC538593/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/01/200131114748.htm
https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-genome-close-to-sars-originated-in-bats-2020-2

As I understand it the opening theory started at bats, went to snakes, now we're at pangolins.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...s-may-have-spread-the-disease-to-humans.

I find these guys pretty interesting as they have lived in China for a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zg8q5wHfok Interview starts around 23:00

Here's a previous video that gives some insight to the 'wet markets' and how disgusting/unsanitary they are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5XkhUKMDM Skip to around 32:00 if you want the quick details.

Last one, if you've got the stomach. Check out gutter oil. Another great disease vector!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp92BlLLVEI
Posted By: decook

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 11:49 AM

Maybe they just did
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by decook

Maybe they just did

Tin foil hats, anyone?
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by sweetwood

The bits that I've seen go in a couple directions. (I believe neither)

The theory goes that a professor hired by the Chinese govt smuggled it out of Canada if memory serves me correctly. Or something along those lines.
This guy -> https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/02/03/harv-f03.html

Another has to do with the sequencing matching another virus. Way above my pay grade to comment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC538593/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/01/200131114748.htm
https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-genome-close-to-sars-originated-in-bats-2020-2

As I understand it the opening theory started at bats, went to snakes, now we're at pangolins.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...s-may-have-spread-the-disease-to-humans.

I find these guys pretty interesting as they have lived in China for a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zg8q5wHfok Interview starts around 23:00

Here's a previous video that gives some insight to the 'wet markets' and how disgusting/unsanitary they are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5XkhUKMDM Skip to around 32:00 if you want the quick details.

Last one, if you've got the stomach. Check out gutter oil. Another great disease vector!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp92BlLLVEI

Lots of nasty places and circumstances in China that would provide a good environment to mutate. The flus we have today mutate into different strains that appear like a cousin to the original.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 06:59 PM

Something like 15-20 years ago, I watched a show on how a virus jumped from bats, to pigs, to humans. It did some major damage in Asia. I dont think it made it to the level of human to human. Viruses have been a big part of human history, and will continue to be. Not ready to make the jump to lab made bioweapon. I watched a show yesterday that explains how our DNA is made up of 8% ancient viruses. The once deadly retroviruses actually help us in our development in the womb.

link to article
Posted By: Mike W

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 07:17 PM

That's the $64,000 question. Why are 11 military bases being prepared as quarantine centers in the US, when the doublespeak is that this is not as bad as the flu.

I don't know the answers, but asking the right questions will get us closer.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike W

That's the $64,000 question. Why are 11 military bases being prepared as quarantine centers in the US, when the doublespeak is that this is not as bad as the flu.

New, and unknown. Extreme caution until we know more.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mike W

From what I have read most of the military bases are already in use, and the only thing that has been done is keep the quarantined people separated from the rest of the people. In short, separated, but nothing special.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 08:15 PM

It's kind of like the weather overreaction. Err on the side of caution.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 08:20 PM

and yet no one questions the timing of all this....
Posted By: nsmike

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
From what I have read most of the military bases are already in use, and the only thing that has been done is keep the quarantined people separated from the rest of the people. In short, separated, but nothing special.

Except for the daily symptom check, which is followed by evacuation to a civilian hospital for isolation, if positive.

Re: The virus - 02/14/20 10:44 PM

Body language lady

Re: The virus - 02/15/20 07:24 PM

heard today another scenario that could be possible. With all the recent chinese supporting the new American administration and waiving American flags protesting in the streets , china is using the flu as cover to eliminate dissidents. There is video , dont know how true , of soldiers shooting the "sick" in the streets.

Re: The virus - 02/15/20 07:31 PM

heard today another scenario that could be possible. With all the recent chinese supporting the new American administration and waiving American flags protesting in the streets , china is using the flu as cover to eliminate dissidents. There is video , dont know how true , of soldiers shooting the "sick" in the streets.

That would not be surprising, given the regime.

Re: The virus - 02/15/20 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

That would not be surprising, given the regime.

x2

Re: The virus - 02/15/20 08:15 PM

Doubt, the story of shooting the sick in the streets are true. Stories like that have been floating around. Also heard one about satellite pics of china burning all the bodies of the dead, in one big bonfire.

Re: The virus - 02/15/20 09:00 PM

The videos of them dragging women out of their homes are real. Absolutely nothing about these brutal people would surprise me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum