Texas Hunting Forum

Electric chainsaws

Posted By: rickym

Electric chainsaws - 02/09/20 09:10 PM

Some of you fellas made pretty good points. Therefore, while I can’t believe it, I’m shopping them as well.

Looking at dewalt as I already own a 20v set.

My question, what’s the minimum volts to run on one of these things?
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/09/20 09:15 PM

I'd like to see one in action first before making a decision.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/09/20 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by rickym
Some of you fellas made pretty good points. Therefore, while I can’t believe it, I’m shopping them as well.

Forgive my ignorance, it’s the number on the battery that matters. I’m not familiar with desalt but, I’ll try and find a YouTube video discussing the dewalt chainsaw in particular.

For the record I own a gas chainsaw, it hasn’t had fuel in it in years.

I’d borrowed a friends Rhyobi 40volt a few times before I bought the Milwaukee.

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/09/20 09:21 PM

Haven’t watched but will.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/09/20 10:26 PM

I've been making do with my pole saw. Plan to pull the trigger soon.

offtopic

My new Ryobi weed eater has started shutting off on me even when its fully charged. Plan to exchange it this week.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/09/20 10:29 PM

My father-in-law has the Redback 120v cordless. It's a workhorse.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 12:14 AM

I’ve got a 40v Ryobi and they work very well. Friend mocked me for having one, until he used it to fill the back of his truck with firewood on one battery. Good to keep in the ranch vehicle.

Have a Kobalt 40v (I think) pole saw. Works well also.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 12:53 AM

I’ve got the 40v kolbalt chainsaw and pole saw.

I was a sceptic but I’m now a huge fan.

I’ve cut down close to 30 oak trees with it. Those were all 18 inches or less in diameter though.

We even have battery powered rescue tools in the fire service. It’s pretty incredible.

Over 134,000 pounds of spreading force

https://www.jawsoflife.com/rescue-products/edraulic
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 02:26 AM

Used the Stihl and the Kobolt... Stihl was better then the kobolt but I don’t think it was twice as good as price should reflect
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 02:29 AM

I have the 80v kobalt. Has cut anything I wanted it too and was impressed with how long the battery last.
Posted By: glens

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 12:57 PM

EGO
14 in. 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Chainsaw. It's a killer. Battery lasts a long long time.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 01:13 PM

My Makita electric chainsaw cuts great

I use the Stihl for big jobs, but I am impressed with how well my electric one cuts
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY
Originally Posted by rickym

Forgive my ignorance, it’s the number on the battery that matters. I’m not familiar with desalt but, I’ll try and find a YouTube video discussing the dewalt chainsaw in particular.

For the record I own a gas chainsaw, it hasn’t had fuel in it in years.

I’d borrowed a friends Rhyobi 40volt a few times before I bought the Milwaukee.

did you like the ryobi? I have the 40V trimmer and blower.

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 02:00 PM

It is unbelievable, if you’d like to use it or the hedge trimmer just text or PM.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY
It is unbelievable, if you’d like to use it or the hedge trimmer just text or PM.

I do have the 18V pruning pole saw. Even that does great work on medium and smaller branches.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 02:17 PM

I have the Ryobi - works well for light jobs. I would not want to clear a forest with one, but for small trees and limbs, it is very convenient. Batteries last much longer than I anticipated between charges.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 02:39 PM

I have a greenworks 40V Pole saw. I bought it after I laughed at my bro in law for having a Kobalt saw, hedge trimmer,blower, etc. Then I borrowed the pole saw for some clearing work at the Ranch. I bought one the next day. Yes, the pole saw is a little different, but I could see a light small electric chainsaw could be really handy. I still have my gas Stihl that gets good use...but hunting season is over, We've got quite a bit of wood cutting in our near future, and I bet the wife would like an electric saw. hmmm... nidea
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 02:52 PM

The Kobalt 80Volt is the only one i've run and it was amazing. I laughed at first when my buddy said to cut down a giant oak but I wasn't laughing 30 seconds later. I'm buying the Dewalt 60 volt but only because I already have all Dewalt stuff.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 03:09 PM

I have 40 volt Kobalt blower and pole saw. very impressed.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 03:20 PM

I inherited an electric chainsaw and have never even attempted to start it because I assumed the gas chainsaw was the only way to go. I guess I better see what all the talk is about.
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
I inherited an electric chainsaw and have never even attempted to start it because I assumed the gas chainsaw was the only way to go. I guess I better see what all the talk is about.

To "start" the electric you push the button.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by aggiehunter03

Thanks for the heads up. That alone would have been enough for me to throw it in the bushes.

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 04:03 PM

Lmao
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 04:47 PM

I would have never though of getting an electric saw, but someone on the forum mentioned how well theirs worked one time. I looked into it and bought a Lynxx 40V pole saw from Harbor Freight. That thing is awesome.

JR
Posted By: rickym

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by aggiehunter03

Thanks for the heads up. That alone would have been enough for me to throw it in the bushes.

That’s funny right there. roflmao
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/10/20 10:38 PM

maybe you battery guys can use this

Posted By: tcr2

Re: Electric chainsaws - 02/11/20 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by glens
EGO
14 in. 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Chainsaw. It's a killer. Battery lasts a long long time.

I have the same model. Very good product.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum