Texas Hunting Forum

THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official***

Posted By: Guy

THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 12:52 AM

Posted By: ducknbass

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 12:57 AM

4 of us got the flu at our house. 2 of us had the shot 2 of us did not have the shot
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 12:58 AM

I did not get the flu...No flu shot
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 12:58 AM

I'm not making this up. We just had that on here. Look it up.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 12:59 AM

big money in flu shots

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
4 of us got the flu at our house. 2 of us had the shot 2 of us did not have the shot

Those that didn’t get the flu really does not matter with my poll/analysis. It’s those that did get the flu, what % got the shot and what % didn't. You would think a higher % got the flu that didn’t get the shot.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:02 AM

I voted that I got the shot and the flu but to be honest I self-medicated for a week before I went to the doc and was then diagnosed with bronchitis. I had been exposed to a person at work with pneumonia and 2 weeks later my live-in mother-in-law was diagnosed with pneumonia. So who knows!
Posted By: Payne

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:06 AM

Where's the I didn't get the flu and I got the shot option? Flawed poll

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Payne

That’s the second choice you big dummy.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

This is the second option: I got the flu and I got the flu shot

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

This is the second option: I got the flu and I got the flu shot

Yeah right, see my post to duck and bass.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:16 AM

Poll is not flawed, my polls are awesome!!

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:17 AM

I'll stay with my initial analysis, flawed poll.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tin Head

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Thundervee

Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:24 AM

Posted By: txmudder

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:24 AM

Posted By: MikeC

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:29 AM

The wife and I both got the shot and neither of us have had the flu. YET but there's still time.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:34 AM

That’s because you weren’t exposed to the virus, or your natural immune system fraught it. The point of the poll is if the shot helps, and to understand that you have too look at those that got the flu, did they get the shot or not.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:36 AM

No flu shot and no flu.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by txmudder

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:38 AM

I mean if you live in the sticks and never see anyone, yeah you will not get the flu, shot or no shot. If you didn’t get the flu, not relevant.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

That’s because you weren’t exposed to the virus, or your natural immune system fraught it. The point of the poll is if the shot helps, and to understand that you have too look at those that got the flu, did they get the shot or not.

You would think asking if they got the shot and didn't get the flu would be a pretty significant part of the poll then..
roflmao

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

You would think asking if they got the shot and didn't get the flu would be a pretty significant part of the poll then..
roflmao

It does not matter. If you got 1000 people that did not get exposed to the virus, none will get the flu, regardless of what % got the shot or not.
Posted By: pnh

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:51 AM

I'm 65 years old. Never had a flu shot and never had the flu. I do live in the country though.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 02:25 AM

The poll is meant to look at those that got the flu, and obviously exposed to the virus. Of this segment, if % is lower for those that got the shot, would say the shot is effective. If % is the same, shot ineffective. If higher % is those that got the shot would say that shot is not effective and maybe caused the flu which many say it does.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 02:28 AM

I get the flu almost every year.

If I don’t get the shot I’m in bed and in considerable discomfort for about 10 days.

If I get the shot, I feel sick for a few days but can still function AND when (not if) I get the flu I’m usually only in bed for one day.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

all the kids got it, wife did also . They did not get a shot
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 02:48 AM

I’m headed to the sticks when the next pandemic hits.
Posted By: don k

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 02:55 AM

Some people just get sick. Some people need to get sick because they think it is the thing to do. If they don't get sick they feel left out. Those of us that live out in the sticks don't have that problem. We have other things to do and don't have to impress anyone with our sickness.
Posted By: TruckMan66

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 02:55 AM

I did not get the flu, I got some other upper respiratory infection
Posted By: pnh

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by don k
Some people just get sick. Some people need to get sick because they think it is the thing to do. If they don't get sick they feel left out. Those of us that live out in the sticks don't have that problem. We have other things to do and don't have to impress anyone with our sickness.

up

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 03:49 AM

That's why I don't like social gatherings
Germs.....
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 03:52 AM

Daughter, her husband, and our grandson got something, but clinic said it wasn't the flu. The little granddaughter didn't get sick at all. She says she has "powers". I think her power is a heckuva an immune system, built up at daycare. We saw them all and took the granddaughter to church. I didn't get anything. And I didn't have "the shot".
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 04:02 AM

Same here.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 04:49 AM

confused2
Posted By: nsmike

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

Start packing we'll know in about two weeks if the coronavirus is going to become a pandemic. Person to person transmission has been documented in five countries outside China.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by nsmike
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

Start packing we'll know in about two weeks if the coronavirus is going to become a pandemic. Person to person transmission has been documented in five countries outside China.

Travel ban ,to and from China. and anywhere else.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 06:37 AM

One of my guys in Houston got the shot and was just diagnosed with flu type A. Shot covers type B.
Doc told him that he is seeing more type A than type B infections.
Posted By: Stub

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 11:38 AM

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where is I did not get the Flu and did not get a Flu shot, it is relevant!
Also a questions which should have been added is: I did not get the Flu but got the Crud!

BTW I did not vote because I did not get the Flu and I did not take the shot.
I did however get the Crud.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 11:55 AM

+1
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 12:03 PM

I have never been sick since my tonsils were taken out in 1972.........not once. Bring on the Wuhan Devil Virus............I will still be here like Will Smith.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
I .........I will still be here like Will Smith.

More like Keith Richards. laugh
Posted By: snake oil

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by txmudder

Posted By: snake oil

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus
One of my guys in Houston got the shot and was just diagnosed with flu type A. Shot covers type B.

That's always their excuse.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
I .........I will still be here like Will Smith.

More like Keith Richards. laugh

I will take that................he will outlive Will

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil

That's always their excuse.

I know, Right??

Just got a call from another one of my guys in Houston. Had the shot but diagnosed last night with type A flu.
bang
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 07:27 PM

That makes sense, those that had the shot were protected against Type B. so there should be less cases of Type B
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 08:39 PM

Never had the flu and never get the flu shot.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 09:40 PM

I got the flu shot in right shoulder and shingles shot in left today at the VA.
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 11:16 PM

No flu. No shot.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 01/31/20 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Ag
No flu. No shot.

Ditto.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Stub

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where is I did not get the Flu and did not get a Flu shot, it is relevant!

What could glean you from that information? The only thing it would tell you is who got the shot and who didn’t. It tells you nothing about the effectiveness of the shot. As I said before, as an example, you have 1000 that were not exposed to the virus, they would not get the flu, if they got the shot or not. Of this group, say 90% got the shot and 10% didn’t, does that tell you anything about the effectiveness of the shot? Not, flip it, 10% got the shot and 90% didn’t, what does it tell ? Nothing. Only who got the shot and who didn’t.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 12:09 AM

If you are simply interest in what % of the forum got the shot and what % didn’t, yes it is flawed. But I didn’t do the poll for that, I want see if the shot was effective, and to do that you look at who got the flu, of the group, who got the shot and who didn’t. If the shot is 100% effective, everyone that got the shot would not get the flu. What it is saying now, the shot was not effective, but probably too small a sample. I would expect to see those that got the flu and got the shot would smaller that those that got the flu and didn’t get the shot.
Posted By: Machintis

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 12:21 AM

Actually you can get the flu even if you got a shot. The difference is your body is better prepared and you should get a milder case. The flu is a virus. It is not discriminatory on if you got a shot or not. If if gets a chance to enter your body it will. When a flu shot is created scientists try to guess what strains will be prevalent in the coming year. They design the shot around those strains. Sometimes they get it wrong and another strain takes precedence over the culture of the shot. I am not sure what strain is going around now, but it is a bad year for the flu. Believe me I know a lot of people who think if I don't get a shot I am better protected. I just don't think there is any scientific basis for that. There are a lot of people smarter than us developing these shots. I have worked with them and I trust their word on the shot's effectiveness and necessity.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by machintis
Actually you can get the flu even if you got a shot.

Of course, the shot has never been 100% effective. It varies year to year, at best it’s like 80% effective, some seasons it’s as little as 10% effective.
Posted By: soooo

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
If you are simply interest in what % of the forum got the shot and what % didn’t, yes it is flawed. But I didn’t do the poll for that, I want see if the shot was effective, and to do that you look at who got the flu, of the group, who got the shot and who didn’t. If the shot is 100% effective, everyone that got the shot would not get the flu. What it is saying now, the shot was not effective, but probably too small a sample. I would expect to see those that got the flu and got the shot would smaller that those that got the flu and didn’t get the shot.

I got the shot and it's been 100% effective so far

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

So, this is for Medical Research? Shouldn't there be a check involved, for all of us???
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 12:54 AM

I didn’t get the flu and I didn’t get the damn shot either. And yes, I live in the country but I go to Conroe 3 days a week and am around abunch of folks as I take my wife to outpatient rehab.

So I agree with Payne, you’re poll is flawed and sucks.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by soooo
Originally Posted by Guy

You actually do not know if it was the shot or not. If you didn't get the shot, there is a chance you still would not have gotten the flu. Again, if you did not get the flu, if you got the shot or not tells you nothing about the effectiveness of the shot. If you did get the flu, and you got the shot, it was 100% not effective, that you do know.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by Guy

So, this is for Medical Research? Shouldn't there be a check involved, for all of us???

You guys you should be paying me for all the knowledge I give you guys. smile ani

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 01:14 AM

I didn’t get the flu and I didn’t get the damn shot either. And yes, I live in the country but I go to Conroe 3 days a week and am around abunch of folks as I take my wife to outpatient rehab.

Well if you were exposed to the virus, that just says your natural immunity fought it. It doesn't tell us anything about the effectiveness of the shot. Is this sinking in yet?

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

Well if you were exposed to the virus, that just says your natural immunity fraught it. It doesn't tell us anything about the effectiveness of the shot. Is this sinking in yet?

I am "fraught" by way more than I have any reason to be, but that doesn't do a dam thing for my immune system! And I'm a frickin' Music Major/Truck Equipment salesman. But my wife's an RN...she'll back me up.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 01:26 AM

Calm down CR, breath, in and out...

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 01:35 AM

I'm calm as a cucumber. grin
Posted By: pdr55

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 01:50 AM

popcorn
Posted By: rfamilyhunting

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 03:01 AM

We were at an event and most everyone at the event has come down with the flu, there are 4 of us, The one of us that did not get a flu shot this year got the flu, Type A tested by the doctor, The rest of us are okay.
Posted By: jeepman3366

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 03:09 AM

I did not get the flu...No flu shot in the last 30 years
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 03:14 AM

Haven't had the flu in over 30 years. Don't remember when I started getting the shot. Never paid for one.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 03:17 AM

Winning Bill, winning.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 05:50 AM

No flu shot. No flu. I don't get sick.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 03:43 PM

Need to add " I have not got the flu........................yet ". Flu season not over.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 05:51 PM

Flu ta Dallas confused2 didn't get shot...

flag

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
No flu shot. No flu. I don't get sick.

Exactly. I don’t get sick because I don’t get the shot.

Even if I ever did, I would never admit it here. It’s true. Look it up.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/01/20 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by colt.45
Flu ta Dallas confused2 didn't get shot...

flag

rofl
Posted By: soooo

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/02/20 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by soooo
Originally Posted by Guy

You actually do not know if it was the shot or not. If you didn't get the shot, there is a chance you still would not have gotten the flu. Again, if you did not get the flu, if you got the shot or not tells you nothing about the effectiveness of the shot. If you did get the flu, and you got the shot, it was 100% not effective, that you do know.

I went to Walmart today . Sick people everywhere . Hoping to be alive tomorrow .

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/02/20 02:17 AM

While the flu is having a field day in the US https://fox59.com/2020/01/30/a-dead...mericans-so-far-and-its-not-coronavirus/

There's another virus that has infected 15 million Americans across the country and killed more than 8,200 people this season alone. It's not a new pandemic -- it's influenza.

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/02/20 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
While the flu is having a field day in the US https://fox59.com/2020/01/30/a-dead...mericans-so-far-and-its-not-coronavirus/

There's another virus that has infected 15 million Americans across the country and killed more than 8,200 people this season alone. It's not a new pandemic -- it's influenza.

Then they say to get vaccinated and after so many years of vaccination, we have more folks than ever dying of the flu. Some thing aint working. roflmao

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/02/20 02:44 AM

Then they say to get vaccinated and after so many years of vaccination, we have more folks than ever dying of the flu. Some thing aint working. roflmao

The vaccinations have to be repeated annually. The other part of the problem is a lot of people do not get the flu shots. Which totally negates your bs.
Posted By: Rounder

Re: THF OT Flu poll 2020 ***official*** - 02/03/20 12:27 AM

I am 63 and have never had a flu shot or the flu. My environment is kept clean and fairly tidy. Some these days go overboard and live in an almost sterile environment. One needs to get outside from time to time do some work, get dirty and ingest some pathogens one might not normally be around in their day to day situation. I realize all bets are off the table if you have children that go to public school. Don't worry about it to much unless it is weaponized.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum