Texas Hunting Forum

Collections

Posted By: Bullfrog

Collections - 01/27/20 07:24 PM

Simple, people collect things. Outside of guns, what is yours? I tend to collect “random” things to have together instead of a lot of the same stuff.

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 07:28 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 07:30 PM

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 07:32 PM

Riveting footage
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 07:33 PM

Useless crap in my garage.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 07:33 PM

Bill collects pictures that people post on THF. He seems to be cataloging and creating profiles of users posts and pictures. Why??? confused2
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 07:37 PM

I've got a collection of collections. Sports memorabilia, pool cues, baseball cards, custom knives, Olympic pins, Coins, antique reels, and plenty of other junk I've forgotten. None of it's worth much or complete in any form or fashion.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 07:38 PM

License plates.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Bill collects pictures that people post on THF. He seems to be cataloging and creating profiles of users posts and pictures. Why??? confused2

Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 08:37 PM

Art, and sports memorabilia.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 08:55 PM

I am in the process of building a taxidermy collection.

My goal is to have as many representative species as I can get, including ducks ( all taken by me of course ).

Gonna be a life long venture and will run into roadblocks im sure as far as available space displaying these things, but i'm fascinated by animals.

This is my start so far ( all the African stuff is at the Taxidermist now )

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 09:11 PM

Books.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 09:19 PM

I used to collect women but that got expensive and came with a collection of problems.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 09:34 PM

Man..................I don't have one thing. I can walk out and be gone with my dogs and maybe my wife. Chit doesn't mean one thing to me. I can start over anywhere I go.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 09:46 PM

I have a bunch, too much, vintage barware.
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 09:49 PM

I collect baseball cards and coins and old hats mostly, but on smaller scales also collect old books, old fishing lures, old bottles and just about any other small antique item I think is interesting. I collect a lot and have a lot of clutter, but I enjoy my stuff.

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

My goal is to have as many representative species as I can get, including ducks ( all taken by me of course ).

Gonna be a life long venture and will run into roadblocks im sure as far as available space displaying these things, but i'm fascinated by animals.

[Linked Image]

Pure greatness. Looks like a museum.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 09:56 PM

I've got a few old railroad pocket watches and several pairs of handmade spurs. I wouldn't call either one a collection.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 10:20 PM

Pearl Beer stuff. it's typically inexpensive. No one else wants it.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 10:29 PM

German Beer Steins.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 10:46 PM

From my latest attempt to clean/organize my shop apparently mine are chains, pipe wrenches, and sledgehammers....probably have 50+ of each....

Not sure if it’s a collection, compulsion, or fetish.... scared
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 10:52 PM

Man I don't know, I guess ive collected a few pounds over the years.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 11:04 PM

Knives; all kinds of shapes, sizes and fixed blade and folders. Never seen a knife I didn't like; lots of them that I can't afford, but I love 'em all. ( I don't care for the wild looking swords and "knives" that I see at the gun shows that are from the middle East countries! Practical knives flip my switch.)
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 11:09 PM

Used to collect old bottles.Now I just collect dust.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

[Linked Image]

Pure greatness. Looks like a museum.

No kidding. Well done, Brandon.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Collections - 01/27/20 11:17 PM

I collect cool rocks and fossils. I have a great collection. Lots of chert blanks, scrapers, etc. Petrified wood too.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Erathkid
I collect cool rocks and fossils. I have a great collection. Lots of chert blanks, scrapers, etc. Petrified wood too.

I collect that stuff too. I don't have anything extra exciting but I've got some cool fossils and a few broken arrowheads.

I did get some huge petrified wood chunks off a place years ago. they prolly weight 50 lbs each and I carried each one to my truck about 1/2 a mile. They have moved with me 4 times now and decorate my rock bed. Still, they have meaning to me. I will stop on the side of the road and collect neat looking rocks and distribute them among my garden beds.

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Simple, people collect things. Outside of guns, what is yours? I tend to collect “random” things to have together instead of a lot of the same stuff.

Thanks a bunch. How do you come up with the great threads that you post on THF? confused2
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 12:49 AM

Old woodworking tools. Hand and power, I don't just collect them, I also used them to make stuff. I got a lot of satisfaction in using a tool that is over a 100 years old get a finished product. Making a duck call with a brace and bit, an auger bit, a handsaw, wood plane, and spoke shave takes a few days, but when finished, it becomes art to an old woodworker.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 12:49 AM

Ammo. Just picked CCI MINI MAG .22 HOLLOW POINT SHORT HIGH VELOCITY in a paper box. Full 50 count.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 12:50 AM

Cast iron cookware & seasonings.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:00 AM

Guess..... cool2

I have something similar but I'm putting them in a 5 gallon water bottle.[Linked Image]
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:05 AM

Antique Tractors is about all I collect I guess.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:05 AM

I started my collection of mostly WT and MD mounts(few misc other species) about 40 yrs ago and it continues to grow every year. It is now well over 50 shoulder mounts and life size with 3 more at the taxi right now.Those 3 are all bucket list for me... first pronghorn, largest LF WT to date and my largest Texas MD to date....both around 200" or just over. I also have over 20 euro mounts scattered around my house/barn. I have an Indian artifact collection and rock collection that I started about 55 yrs ago also. I have a huge collection of wildlife photographs I have taken and it continues to grow every year. Most will never be seen by anyone but me though. I do not really collect things of any value though...most things I collect have value only to me.
These two pics are from 2016, so I have added over 10 more since that time I would guess.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
I started my collection of mostly WT and MD mounts(few misc other species) about 40 yrs ago and it continues to grow every year. It is now well over 50 shoulder mounts and life size with 3 more at the taxi right now.Those 3 are all bucket list for me... first pronghorn, largest LF WT to date and my largest Texas MD to date....both around 200" or just over. I also have over 20 euro mounts scattered around my house/barn. I have an Indian artifact collection and rock collection that I started about 55 yrs ago also. I have a huge collection of wildlife photographs I have taken and it continues to grow every year. Most will never be seen by anyone but me though. I do not really collect things of any value though...most things I collect have value only to me.
These two pics are from 2016, so I have added over 10 more since that time I would guess.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Wow. Just wow. Pure greatness.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:09 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Impressive!
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:14 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Imagine being on acid in that room and briefly turning the lights on and off, and on and off scared
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:23 AM

Pic 1
Pic 2
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:25 AM

That’s amazing!
I like your style!
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tbar

Here you go Tbar.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:26 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That’s amazing!
I like your style!
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 02:04 AM

Holy cow STX!
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Holy cow STX!

Indeed!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 02:46 AM

That is badarse STX

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 05:42 AM

I concur on the old tools DogCatcher.

I really want to start a vintage belt buckle collection

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 05:43 AM

Stxranchman for the “most impressive” trophy
Posted By: Stub

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
German Beer Steins.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: snake oil

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 12:47 PM

Knives.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 01:34 PM

[Linked Image]

Were you watching volleyball when you took the pic?
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 02:00 PM

German Beer Steins.

[Linked Image]

Very nice!

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 03:42 PM

Lol Payne. Ya make me proud with that one.

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 03:44 PM

Thanks a bunch. How do you come up with the great threads that you post on THF? confused2

Thanks for what?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 03:47 PM

Like CoolMod

I just sit and collect dust

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 03:58 PM

Thanks for what?

The thread. OT was getting really slow. I enjoyed all the replies. cheers
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 05:21 PM

[Linked Image]

edit :

stxranchman
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

up coolpics
flag

Re: Collections - 01/28/20 11:44 PM

Thanks for what?

The thread. OT was getting really slow. I enjoyed all the replies. cheers

See?
Posted By: Espy

Re: Collections - 01/29/20 12:43 AM

I have a small collection of Rodeo and football programs. Some old toys and some old western stuff.

Re: Collections - 01/29/20 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Espy
I have a small collection of Rodeo and football programs. Some old toys and some old western stuff.

What? No Baylor Bears banners? confused2
Posted By: Espy

Re: Collections - 01/29/20 01:35 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is my oldest Baylor banner up
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Collections - 01/29/20 04:02 AM

Arrowheads and other Indian artifacts

Re: Collections - 01/29/20 03:09 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is my oldest Baylor banner up

They are on TV tonight.

Re: Collections - 01/30/20 02:22 AM

Iowa State is hanging tough. Its on channel 298.

Re: Collections - 01/30/20 03:34 AM

Is it weird that I have a small unique rock from the funerals of some loved ones? I have a small basket next to my sink, for all my products and when I’m getting ready every morning, I see the rocks so it makes me think of them.

Also, not a collection but I have a brick that has “St. Joe” stamped on the side. I picked it up at an estate sale shortly after Dad passed. I put it up in the front of my truck bed and it’s been there ever since.

Moral of the story, I tend to collect things to be reminders. It’s nothing that ever makes me sad or anything. Just makes me think of them breifly so I like them

Re: Collections - 01/30/20 03:34 AM

I hear ya Bill! up
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Collections - 02/11/20 08:12 PM

Look for yourself

Attached picture IMG_3564.JPG
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum