Texas Hunting Forum

Amazon weirdness

Posted By: chalet

Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 07:15 PM

Haven't wound my mantle clock in years and its been sitting on a shelf out of the way. Long story but doing some redecorating in the house and it got moved back to the mantle last night where it belongs. Key to wind it is gone now though so I couldn't wind it and set it. Get to the office this morning ask my mom if she has an extra clock key because they have a house full of old clocks, Dad's hobby was buying them and fixing them. He rebuilt the one I have.

Sit down at my desk, USA made clock keys show up on my Amazon "related to items you've viewed". Only Alexa in my house is on the firestick remote and you have to push the button on it to talk. No Alexa in my office, but I do have amazon app on my Samsung phone.

Weird, very weird....
Posted By: Mike W

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 07:18 PM

No Amazon nothing in my house.. bad enough having the cell phones listening.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 07:19 PM

Big brother is watching.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 07:22 PM

Let them watch. I bet I can get them to look away!
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 07:28 PM

amazon is cia but to be honest your phone will do the same thing. Facebook does the samething.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 07:32 PM

Had a guy over the other day and we talked about the Ring door bell.

The next day two Ring Door.Bell adds show up in my email. I don’t have Alexa or the Amazon app.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 07:33 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 07:34 PM

It's listening all the time
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 07:39 PM

Yep. I though my brother was crazy with the conspiracy theory stuff. One night the Missus and I were eating dinner and discussing a bathroom remodeling project. Next day the Facebook is covered in toilet, faucet, etc. ads.

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 07:49 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 08:29 PM

It’s not weird; it’s intentional and conspicuous.

I’ve been in a meeting at Amazon HQ where they explained how they wanted to know what you would buy and when you would buy it (down to how many times they would have to send you an email with suggested products before you pulled the trigger). Two years later, Alexa was invented and now people are experiencing things like you did.

It happens with our phones, too.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 08:33 PM

What will show up when you are popping off about the person who annoyed you and you say you’d like to hurt/kill/disappear/maim him/her? Scenarios are endless.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

I’ve been in a meeting at Amazon HQ where they explained how they wanted to know what you would buy and when you would buy it (down to how many times they would have to send you an email with suggested products before you pulled the trigger). Two years later, Alexa was invented and now people are experiencing things like you did.

Never happened to me unless I looked something up first. Ever.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 08:57 PM

This is next...................

my dogs would destroy it.

Ballie Is a Rolling Robot From Samsung That Can Help ...

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 09:57 PM

This doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by chalet

youre being assimilated
roflmao flag
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 10:15 PM

I don't have an echo or any of the other things you can talk to.

Nothing shows up on my phone that I just talked about.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 10:25 PM

Talking in the car to my wife about some Christmas decorations, trying to figure out what the name of a certain plaid decoration is called. A few minutes later she is looking for something else on her phone and that plaid decoration shows up in her ads. Happens often. I can tell you that the phones never come in the bedroom at night, we keep them elsewhere.

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by chalet

check out Amazing Pollies video on you tube called "your being groomed"
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270

Ok
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 10:58 PM

I asked Siri if she was spying on me.

She said “nope”

I disco nekkid her right then.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 11:04 PM

Remember those Terms & Conditions filled with all that legal jargon where you just responded by pressing Accept?
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Remember those Terms & Conditions filled with all that legal jargon where you just responded by pressing Accept?

Well put.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270

Do you have a smart tv?

FBI Warns About Smart TVs

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 11:38 PM

hehe,did some one says prison planet was a conspiracy.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/08/20 11:59 PM

whats a cookie?
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/09/20 12:35 AM

I went to a hole-in-the-wall burger joint last week and used my company credit card to pay.
About 10 miles down the road I got an email receipt from them to my personal email.
I have never used my personal email in relation to that card.

They are gathering ever tid-bit they can about you.

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/09/20 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
I went to a hole-in-the-wall burger joint last week and used my company credit card to pay.
About 10 miles down the road I got an email receipt from them to my person email.

wait till they get us in electric cars. "we dont feel you should drive today", climate change you know. At this point their system is being exposed fully though

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/09/20 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
About 10 miles down the road I got an email receipt from them to my person email.

wait till they get us in electric cars. "we dont feel you should drive today", climate change you know. At this point their system is being exposed fully though

5g baby and cars.......it will rule your home also..........Agenda 2030.

https://www.gearbrain.com/5g-autonomous-car-tech-2632253516.html

You better hurry up and drive to Alaska now if you want to ............one day only the rich will have that possibility, the rest are stuck in the city zones. Modern day hunger games regions.

Sell the Empire.

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/09/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
Originally Posted by Tin Head

5g baby and cars.......it will rule your home also..........Agenda 2030.

https://www.gearbrain.com/5g-autonomous-car-tech-2632253516.html

You better hurry up and drive to Alaska now if you want to ............one day only the rich will have that possibility, the rest are stuck in the city zones. Modern day hunger games regions.

Sell the Empire.
Movies are nothing but "their" perverted fantasies they give us as "art". The hunger games is their vision, majority of population killed , "they" (the perverts) fly around eatings caviar and diddling eachother while they enjoy the rest of US fighting for our lives,cough the black forest. You can look into the writings on the georgia guidestiones and it spells out their guidelines, kill the majority of people, give one world religion (satanism), give one world gov. . Once again rewrite history and place themselves as Gods. It wont matter if you move to Alaska , the tech exist to easily get out of the woods and back into the concrete jungle. 5g doesnt work in heavily wooded areas , thats the reason they are pushing everyone into the cities. Everywhere 5g goes up , the trees come down.

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/15/20 07:08 PM

Ask and ye shall receive. Love my Mom.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: upsslim

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/16/20 12:41 PM

Turn off Face Time on your phone and the ads will stop. Worked for me. Your phone listens to everything.

Re: Amazon weirdness - 01/16/20 12:56 PM

Say " Liberty Bibberty" a few times around your phone and I guarantee you will start getting emails from Liberty Mutual.................always listening.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum