Texas Hunting Forum

Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner

Posted By: bill oxner

Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/23/19 11:36 PM

I'll go first. My cup runneth over, my table will be bountiful. I plan to have Christmas dinner tomorrow night and Wednesday night. Plan to go go out for Mexican Thursday night and drop off another box to Goodwill.

You go next.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 01:37 AM

Tomorrow night wife and I go out, Christmas Day 1:00 PM at my house with most of wife’s side of family, and my son and his family.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 01:45 AM

Dinner on Christmas.
Posted By: hetman

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 01:49 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 01:51 AM

Get together with in laws tomorrow.
On Christmas I’m going to have homemade barbacoa,pico de Gallo, and fried eggs for brunch.
Then for supper I’m having prime rib, roasted brussel sprouts with bacon and garlic,baked sweet potato,and salad.

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 02:03 AM

I'll probably run my dishwasher twice and treat it like the start of the Buffett line. Paper napkins only.
Posted By: cbump

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 02:29 AM

Lunch on Christmas Day cuz I work that night 6pm-6am. First Christmas with my bride.
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 02:33 AM

Have always had big meal on Eve and leftovers Christmas day. But, this year doing Christmas at my dads and will be making some very nice steaks for Christmas dinner.
Posted By: Cow_doc.308

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 02:38 AM

I’ve got a 10 pound prime rib sitting in the fridge to smoke as soon as little man gets home from NICU. We’ll have Christmas dinner just as soon as my whole family is under one roof.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 03:33 AM

Both of my sons have to work so we are having ours on Saturday evening.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 03:43 AM

I will eat food like I normally do.

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 06:13 PM

Cathy arrived early and hungry. We went out for burgers. Kitchen was too cluttered to try anything in there. The main event in tonight.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 06:47 PM

Steak tonight after my son and I do a little duck hunting. Tomorrow a more traditional dinner with ham. I get to spend my granddaughter's first Christmas with her and this is the first Christmas day we've had with my son in about 7 years, so I'm blessed all the way around.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 09:59 PM

Started last night, front quarter roast from this years whitetail, seared broccolini and garlic, and some cheddar mashed taters.

Tonight will be whatever I decide to do with some 12-16/lb shrimp.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 10:19 PM

Supper tonight at my moms, and supper tomorrow at her moms. Tonight we will have traditional ham and so forth, tomorrow is Mexican cuisine. My wife was in charge of desserts this year. I’m not sure what goes where, but I get the feeling my blood sugars is about to rise.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by LonestarCobra
Supper tonight at my moms, and supper tomorrow at her moms. Tonight we will have traditional ham and so forth, tomorrow is Mexican cuisine. My wife was in charge of desserts this year. I’m not sure what goes where, but I get the feeling my blood sugars is about to rise.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bluebell will defiantly go with the middle one.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/24/19 10:33 PM

Christmas lunch @ 1. All the kids/spouses will be driving in. Menu is turkey, broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, mashed taters and gravy. Left a thread on the recipe forum for ideas on turkey and gravy since it has been awhile since I've done turkey. We usually have venison for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Halfadozen
Christmas lunch @ 1. All the kids/spouses will be driving in. Menu is turkey, broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, mashed taters and gravy. Left a thread on the recipe forum for ideas on turkey and gravy since it has been awhile since I've done turkey. We usually have venison for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I saw that thread. Advice in that area from me would have been like advice from Custer on fighting Indians. Haven't done a whole one in years. I bone mine out. Have to do it ahead of time.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 01:55 AM

When white guys make tamales

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 03:43 AM

I get to work tomorrow keeping the fun in disfunctional. Should be pretty epic as usual, hopefully nobody expires or forces expirement

Should be a mix of 711 and other goodies
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law

I get to work tomorrow keeping the fun in disfunctional. Should be pretty epic as usual, hopefully nobody expires or forces expirement

Should be a mix of 711 and other goodies

Go to the firestation. Those guys know how to work on Christmas.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 03:54 AM

I’ll eat good up in the hood
Posted By: Espy

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 04:30 AM

Just got home had a feast at my wife’s side of the family. Fajitas rice and beans and tortillas. Man I’m full
Posted By: CassCounty

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 05:52 AM

Christmas Eve tonight was Mexican...street tacos, elotes, salsa and queso for My wife,daughter and I and pizza for my son. Tomorrow will be traditional (turkey, ham, chicken dressing, oyster dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, roux peas, mac and cheese and multiple desserts) at my parents. I am doing most of the cooking this year. I'm looking really forward to time with family and friends.
Posted By: decook

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cow_doc.308
I’ve got a 10 pound prime rib sitting in the fridge to smoke as soon as little man gets home from NICU. We’ll have Christmas dinner just as soon as my whole family is under one roof.

Good for you Cow_Doc that will make it just that much better. You could even make a tradition out of it - the 2nd Christmas dinner each year.

We have a 10lb prime and also a turkey we're going to cook in the Big Easy
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 05:04 PM

Last night, her side-we had breakfast casserole, jalapeño cheesy grits, sausage patties, bacon, chicken/waffle bites, biscuits and gravy, sausage balls, fresh fruit and a huge cinnamon roll. It was awesome!

Today, a Greenberg smoked turkey, spiral ham, crab cakes, my brother’s green beans, also his deconstructed elote’
Today, I’m all ‘bout that smoked turkey, bout that smoked turkey food
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 05:05 PM

Merry Christmas btw everyone! happybday sweet lil 6, baby Jesus.

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 08:45 PM

I had tamales smothered in left over homemade chili last night. No idea what I'll have tonight. We're doing our big meal this Saturday when the whole family can be here.
Posted By: cbump

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 08:56 PM

[Linked Image]

Homemade chocolate chiffon cake, tenderloin with creamy horseradish sauce, homemade white bread stuffing, and cranberry sauce
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/25/19 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by cbump
[Linked Image]

Homemade chocolate chiffon cake, tenderloin with creamy horseradish sauce, homemade white bread stuffing, and cranberry sauce

Looks outstanding food

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/26/19 09:19 PM

Tonight its out for Mexican. My first time out to dinner since my neighbor moved. Plan to do it again Monday.

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/26/19 10:38 PM

Enjoy your dinner out with your daughter!

Re: Christmas lunch, supper, or dinner - 12/27/19 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by MikeC
Enjoy your dinner out with your daughter!

They paid. Fun night out. There was a table next to us that ordered beeritas. Never had one. Another family had this beautiful little girl who wore bibbed overalls like Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird and SnakeWrangler.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum