Texas Hunting Forum

Noise cancelling headphones

Posted By: CharlieCTx

Noise cancelling headphones - 10/29/19 03:50 PM

Anyone tried/use the above? Most of my earphone wearing is on a plane and looking to get a wireless pair and was considering the new ones Apple is announcing adding noise cancellation. Just curious if the noise cancellation is that noticeable as I would default to an over ear type (Beats Pro) vs in-ear.

Thanks
Charlie
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Noise cancelling headphones - 10/29/19 04:18 PM

I fly quite often, and I LOVE my Bose Quiet Comfort headphones. They truly do make a world of difference.
Posted By: Ben Kabisch

Re: Noise cancelling headphones - 10/29/19 04:20 PM

I bought some Bose over the ear headphones for bus rides to games...wish i would have spent the extra money and got the noise cancelling ones instead
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Noise cancelling headphones - 10/29/19 05:57 PM

I have two pair of the noise cancelling ones. The wife insisted on her own set after seeing that I was happy with mine. There appears to be a wide range in cost for those type headphones. Mine are about medium cost. If I had to redo, I might go for the real expensive ones, hoping they’d do a better job.
Posted By: DeRico

Re: Noise cancelling headphones - 10/30/19 01:10 AM

I have a set of Bose QC35 II’s and they’re awesome. I used to fly a lot but don’t anymore, they’re good for around the house, can hardly hear my kiddos when I’m doing dishes or the running water. It took me awhile to convince myself to buy them and when I finally did I wish I bought them sooner. I love the fact that they’re lightweight, makes the perfect contact with my head and my ears don’t tire out fast.
Posted By: hookem48

Re: Noise cancelling headphones - 10/30/19 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by DeRico
I have a set of Bose QC35 II’s and they’re awesome. I used to fly a lot but don’t anymore, they’re good for around the house, can hardly hear my kiddos when I’m doing dishes or the running water. It took me awhile to convince myself to buy them and when I finally did I wish I bought them sooner. I love the fact that they’re lightweight, makes the perfect contact with my head and my ears don’t tire out fast.

Agreed. I still fly a lot and background noice is almost non existent. Sound quality is excellent.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Noise cancelling headphones - 10/30/19 08:27 AM

I don't see how an in ear can work that well. I think it needs to be over the ear to provide the best results.

I don't think any poster above referenced an in ear noise cancelling headphone. I have a pair of over the ear I purchased from Costco years ago, they work great but would like to get a set of in ear noise cancelling
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Noise cancelling headphones - 10/30/19 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
I don't see how an in ear can work that well. I think it needs to be over the ear to provide the best results.

I don't think any poster above referenced an in ear noise cancelling headphone. I have a pair of over the ear I purchased from Costco years ago, they work great but would like to get a set of in ear noise cancelling

I have the Bose noise-cancelling earbuds and they work perfectly. My wife has the same in the headphones and we can’t tell a difference. (I’m sure there is some, but not much.)

To me, their handiness and small size more than makes up for any slight performance difference there might be.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Noise cancelling headphones - 10/30/19 01:24 PM

Second what NP said above. I have a pair of the Bose in ear and they are fantastic, and actually work for gun shots too, th one time I took them hog hunting with them (list need to a podcast)
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum