Texas Hunting Forum

Jevan Snead - RIP

Posted By: rjf1911

Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 02:29 AM

Died at 32 yesterday in Austin.

One of the best football games I’ve ever been to was Highland Park/Stephenville in 2005. 4A Semifinals at Fouts Field. Matthew Stratford for HP and Snead for Stephenville. The two best QB’s in the state that year. 41-38 HP in a thriller. I think Snead’s father was the Stephenville head coach.

Snead went to Texas and then Ole Miss and I think won a couple of Cotton Bowl games.

Certainly gone way too young.

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 02:30 AM

sad
Posted By: erathar

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by rjf1911

One of the best football games I’ve ever been to was Highland Park/Stephenville in 2005. 4A Semifinals at Fouts Field. Matthew Stratford for HP and Snead for Stephenville. The two best QB’s in the state that year. 41-38 HP in a thriller. I think Snead’s father was the Stephenville head coach.

Snead went to Texas and then Ole Miss and I think won a couple of Cotton Bowl games.

His father was not the head coach. Not even close. I was watching on the sideline that game as a sophomore. Crazy to hear he passed away. Curious to find out the cause.
Posted By: rjf1911

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by erathar

His father was not the head coach. Not even close. I was watching on the sideline that game as a sophomore. Crazy to hear he passed away. Curious to find out the cause.

Was Chad Morris the head coach?

HP beat Ennis the week before....their QB, Graham Harrell’s father was the Ennis head coach....my mistake.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 03:21 AM

Way to young.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 04:00 AM

Damn. RIP angel
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 04:13 AM

RIP
Posted By: erathar

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by erathar

Was Chad Morris the head coach?

HP beat Ennis the week before....their QB, Graham Harrell’s father was the Ennis head coach....my mistake.

Yes. Coach Morris has said many times Jevan was probably the best QB he ever coached. He just lost it between the ears. I hated catching passes from him. I dont know how many fingers I jammed.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 11:57 AM

I firmly recall the Snead / Colt McCoy fierce competition at UT to succeed V. Young after winning the National Championship. Snead was known to have the superior arm strength of the two but McCoy the overall makeup and possibly a bit more accurate. He had a successful career at Ole Miss. Godspeed to the family and friends of Mr. Snead.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 11:59 AM

RIP
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 12:08 PM

angel
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 12:44 PM

angel
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Jevan Snead - RIP - 09/23/19 12:45 PM

Never heard of him