Texas Hunting Forum

Memory flashback

Posted By: pegasaurus

Memory flashback - 09/15/19 03:51 PM

So I went to the fridge for ingredients to make an omelet and there was a bowl of grapes. So I grabbed a couple and as soon as I bit into them I had an instant flask back about 45 years of when I was very young sitting on the porch in the morning eating grapes.
Was a good memory.up

What food or smell has brought back a childhood memory?
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Memory flashback - 09/15/19 03:59 PM

My folks owned a dairy when I was a kid and mom baked bread all the time. When i smell bread baking it takes me back almost 60 years to when we lived on the farm.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Memory flashback - 09/15/19 04:12 PM

Chicken frying - My grand mother made the absolute best fried chicken every Sunday she was alive!
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Memory flashback - 09/15/19 04:27 PM

The Mrs. Baird's bread bakery on the freeway in Fort Worth smelled incredible. Would get hungry every time I passed it.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Memory flashback - 09/15/19 04:36 PM

Sometimes I have flashbacks that come to me in bits and pieces for a few days after the event. Well, that’s a different story.

Homemade bread as well. Traveling with it in the car in the 70s going to thanksgiving 64 miles away. Did it many times.
Posted By: Sailor

Re: Memory flashback - 09/15/19 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
The Mrs. Baird's bread bakery on the freeway in Fort Worth smelled incredible. Would get hungry every time I passed it.

I remember that well...………..
My dad would always slow down, when we hit the tunnel...……..
food
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Memory flashback - 09/15/19 05:01 PM

My uncle was in the maintenance department in the Abilene Baird's Bakery, it was about 2 miles from our house. Made many a bicycle trip there for fried pies and rolls.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Memory flashback - 09/15/19 05:21 PM

Coming home from school and the whole house smelling so good from a brisket in the oven that mom had been cooking all day food
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Memory flashback - 09/15/19 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher

My uncle was in the maintenance department in the Abilene Baird's Bakery, it was about 2 miles from our house. Made many a bicycle trip there for fried pies and rolls.

I toured the Abilene bakery back in about 1975 when I was in the (IIRC) third grade at Clyde. Something about fresh break and a slab of butter reminds me of that every time.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Memory flashback - 09/15/19 05:30 PM

A manure spreader - When following one, tis tough seperating the bs from the rest of the crap...

pappy
flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum