Texas Hunting Forum

Tile installation cost

Posted By: Victoryvette

Tile installation cost - 08/15/19 03:02 AM

Have any if you guys had tile installed recently? I'm curious about tile installation costs. For reference we will be doing 12x24 in a brick lay pattern on concrete slab. What's a reasonable install cost?
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Tile installation cost - 08/15/19 03:11 AM

$3 per foot of everything is provided and the floor is perfect.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Tile installation cost - 08/15/19 12:12 PM

My patio is about that size. It was $1,000 for me.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Tile installation cost - 08/15/19 12:18 PM

Tile costs have went up with all the construction the last few years, I would say $3.50-$4 would be reasonable per SF. If you can find a good tile man that will do $3 a SF for a small job that includes thinset and grout hire him, that is a good price right now.

A couple years ago $2.25-$2.50 was way to find.

Re: Tile installation cost - 08/15/19 12:22 PM

Thanks guys, I should have stated that a little better. Its 12x24 inch tile. Well be doing the first floor of the house so about 1500 sq feet. Also considering cork flooring, any experience with that?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Tile installation cost - 08/15/19 01:03 PM

labor only on a 1500' job should be around 3.00 if you supply tile and grout.

perimeters and corners may add some to that if you have a lot of corners or funky cuts on perimeters.

once the edges are done you can rip on the open area with a brick pattern, gives you some room for minor alignment errors.

being as housing has been going strong you may pay a little more since good tile people will be busy already.
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Tile installation cost - 08/16/19 01:42 PM

I'm actually having tile laid as we speak. They started 2 days ago. Doing about 800sq ft in a rental property of mine. I know the guys who owns the tile company so he fit me in between his other jobs. He mainly does work for a custom builder but has an extra guy at my house getting it done this week.
I called multiple people who lay tile. The consensus was anywhere from $3.00 to $4.00 per foot. Some included thinset, some didn't. Some included grout, some didn't. All answers were with me supplying the tile or buying from them. Everyone that I spoke with was at least 2 weeks out before they could get me in.
I bought a clearance tile at Lowe's and the grout and I'm getting it done for $2.50/ft with him supplying the thinset.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Tile installation cost - 08/16/19 02:01 PM

My brother had oblong 12x18 tile put down in his kitchen, smaller starter home, not a very large area and L shaped. He said they paid $5 a foot
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Tile installation cost - 08/16/19 03:07 PM

Get a good worker, cause with this Texan boom, they all interested in bigger jobs

Re: Tile installation cost - 08/17/19 02:31 AM

Thanks guys I appreciate it!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum