Texas Hunting Forum

Soda vending machines

Posted By: Wburke2010

Soda vending machines - 08/12/19 05:21 PM

Anyone know anything about them I am looking to get one to put in our store for customers to use and found a few on cl but I don’t know what’s junk or not.
Posted By: nak

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/12/19 09:51 PM

Been years, but google vending companies in your area. Last time I had one in our shop, the company delivered the machine and came by weekly to restock it...and paid us 5 cents a can. We provided the space and electricity.

When the first machine was getting sold out before the end of gen week, they swapped it out with a larger one. Then one day, the route guy asked if we wanted a snack machine? Same deal with it.

If you buy your own, you have to stock it, and that means someone jade to buy the drinks. Change is an issue, if you want one that takes bills.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/12/19 10:26 PM

The Coca Cola distributor used to provide the machines and restock ours.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/12/19 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by pdr55
The Coca Cola distributor used to provide the machines and restock ours.

All of the bottlers used to do that here. Contact the local Coke of Pepsi dealers.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/13/19 12:37 AM

If you want to do it yourself, find a local machine distributor and reseller.

They will sell new ones but also sell refurbed ones. They would be a good source for parts and repair work as well if you need it.

Soda machines are easy - the snack machines get to be a bit of work because you have a larger selection and have to worry about chips going out of date and chocolate melting during the summer. They may actually have an old school candy machine where you can just vend a small variety of snack items which you might like. In that case, you can vend things like Twizzlers and Starburst's and items that are a bit more hearty during the summer.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/13/19 02:06 AM

We have several vending machines. My suggestion is to get one with a clear glass so customers can view what they are buying, not the kind with a cover that you just push a button. Sales will be better with the clear glass.

Also, if you are busy you'll have to go to Sam's once or twice a week to stock it. Profit margin is around 50-60% on the machines we own.

Most vendors will pay you 20% of sales if you contract with them to provide the machine and drinks.

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/13/19 02:37 AM

I am looking to buy the machine and stock it myself. I found one I am going to look at tomorrow.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/13/19 04:14 AM

Put beer in it and I’ll be there.

In HS a friends father put the old metal Coke vending machine on his porch loaded with beer. It was $0.50 for a beer, couldn’t beat that at all.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/13/19 11:19 AM

If you get enough of them they can make some money. A Highway Patrol friend of mine bought some and stocked them himself. He put his kid thru college with the proceeds.

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/13/19 05:52 PM

Just got back to the shop with it. It turns on and runs, but he lost the key so you can't get it open and the dollar bill acceptor is gone so it takes coins only. paid the grand sum of $100. its in farily good shape, good deep cleaning and it should look just fine.

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/13/19 06:04 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/14/19 09:04 PM

$60 to drill the lock and replace it and we are now open. Needs a really good cleaning then we’ll get it all setup

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/14/19 09:06 PM

Nice!! Check the Freon!

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/14/19 09:22 PM

Compressor kicks on and works as should had the machine nice a cooled down, ac buddy of mine came by and checked it out. It is now outside soaking in degreaser so I can clean it all up and clean the coils to make sure it is all good. Then back inside she comes so I can make sure everything works as it should and fill it up.
Posted By: cm250

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/14/19 10:36 PM

Have been in the vending business for years. Son and I own 250+ snack and drink machines. Have a few old ones, but have never seen one like that. Looks to either be an old Vendow, or more than likely an old Dixie Narco. Good luck!!!

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/15/19 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by cm250
Have been in the vending business for years. Son and I own 250+ snack and drink machines. Have a few old ones, but have never seen one like that. Looks to either be an old Vendow, or more than likely an old Dixie Narco. Good luck!!!

It is an older royal vendors machine. Fairly decent shape all things considering.

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/15/19 07:31 PM

Well I got four products in it right now just a 12 pack of each to test the machine and so far everything works but one product. It won’t turn the bar to release it. So I will have to look into that. But the other six work. Off to sams later to buy some cases to get it filled up
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/15/19 08:27 PM

The future is in CBD products and pot machines, you’ll end up filthy rich
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/15/19 11:09 PM

I have had this one for about 5 years. I love it! I paid 200 bucks for it. Keep Dr. pepper cooooold!
If it ever craps out, I do not care what it costs I will fix it.

Best part is, all of these “drinks” do not fill up the fridge in the house or garage fridge.

[Linked Image]

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/16/19 02:30 AM

Man that is sweet I would like one of those at home.
Posted By: sweetwood

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/16/19 07:24 PM

Is that a popcorn machine on the right?
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/16/19 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by sweetwood
Is that a popcorn machine on the right?

Yes Sir.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Soda vending machines - 08/17/19 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by wburke2010
Originally Posted by cm250

It is an older royal vendors machine. Fairly decent shape all things considering.

Funny, my FIL just got forced into retirement (he's fine) because Royal is going under.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum