Texas Hunting Forum

Liar's

Posted By: colt45-90

Liar's - 07/15/19 04:19 PM

ever notice that liars have a hard time keeping track of their stories. I can remember plain as day, I fibbed to my mom about something, her words "tell the truth, you never have to worry about future conversations" not exactly those words, but you get the drift..
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Liar's - 07/15/19 04:26 PM

That's funny; had a similar conversation with my father-in-law not too long ago. At some point in most relationships, the stories begin to repeat themselves. I told him, you know every single time I hear that story, it never changes. I know that must be the way it really happened. He called me a smarta$$ and we had a good laugh.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Liar's - 07/15/19 04:57 PM

One thing that really bothered me about working for a company last year...manager lied about almost everything. I would call him out on lying to the customers, I would ask him, "why don't you just tell them the truth about what happened" and he would just get flustered and couldn't answer with any good reason. I can't understand why a grown man would have to lie like that. That is the only reason he was the manager sad to say that but he would lie to the upper mngmt about everything to make himself look better and they were ignorant enough to believe or too lazy to search for the correct answers. Strange world I was in...had to leave there.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Liar's - 07/15/19 05:19 PM

Every so often when they are telling their story they have to stop and think for a second. I assume they are trying to decide what sounds the best or if they are keeping it straight. I believe my fil suffers from this.

Re: Liar's - 07/15/19 09:58 PM

yep when stories change ect , it pretty certain its a whopper
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Liar's - 07/15/19 10:46 PM

I have zero patience for lying, "white", "bald-faced" , or "dam". My recently passed brother and his wife would lie their butts off if anything was the slightest bit embarrassing. Then later (weeks, months, years), when you would ask them a direct question about the story they told, they would get absolutely furious and refuse to answer the question. Liars live in a messed up world.

I am not implying that there isn't a circumstance that exists, that, to not hurt someone, you have to bend the truth, or out-right lie, or, that I've never told a lie, but to live your life as it being a regular "go-to" response is, I believe, a mental disorder.
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Liar's - 07/16/19 07:27 PM

Just an FYI, the Department Head that we hired last summer that told the story about being attacked by a lone wolf in East Texas is no longer working with us. In line with this thread, the story changed from blasting the wolf with his semi automatic rifle to his semi auto pistol. I asked him for pictures once, but he didn't take any. How do you not have pictures?

I actually grew to like him when he was here, but that story made me question most everything he said.

JR
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Liar's - 07/16/19 07:32 PM

I knew a habitual liar once. she lied about everything, even things no one cared about. I chalked it up to no self esteem.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Liar's - 07/16/19 08:20 PM

Sign of the times.

Re: Liar's - 07/16/19 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
I knew a habitual liar once. she lied about everything, even things no one cared about. I chalked it up to no self esteem.

I think the true diagnosis term is "pathological liar", and there's a lot more of 'em out there than you realize. I'm sure social media has only exacerbated (helluva word, no?banana) the situation.

I think a couple have been known to meander through here from time to time. cool
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Liar's - 07/16/19 08:34 PM

I'd love to have the two PMs from two THFers that they later lied about. They live among us.
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: Liar's - 07/16/19 08:34 PM

The owner of the company I work for if he comes and asks you a question you better give him a quick to the point answer or the first thing out of his mouth is (don’t lie to me)

Re: Liar's - 07/16/19 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by KK30RAR
The owner of the company I work for if he comes and asks you a question you better give him a quick to the point answer or the first thing out of his mouth is (don’t lie to me)

I'd look him right in the eye and say "I do not lie. (pause) Sir." 'Sounds like a whack-job.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Liar's - 07/16/19 09:03 PM

I was talking to old guy a while back and he was telling me about all his war stories from South America in the 80s how many times he'd been shot and that he had been captured by the drug lords and was held prisoner for like 10 days or something. All of that was believable and then he said quote "i also serve two terms in Fallujah in the first Iraq war." Hmmmmm nidea
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Liar's - 07/17/19 02:58 AM

The word lie doesn't seem to have the negative impact that it used to.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Liar's - 07/17/19 11:35 AM

I did not have sex with that woman
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Liar's - 07/17/19 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson

Lmao
Posted By: snoopy

Re: Liar's - 07/17/19 12:43 PM

For the media with an agenda, lawyers and politicians, lying is just a tool to use as comfortably as telling the truth - that is, if they know the difference anymore.

Re: Liar's - 07/17/19 10:34 PM

Snoopy, that's so true, some lie so much they actually believe themselves.

Re: Liar's - 07/17/19 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I'd love to have the two PMs from two THFers that they later lied about. They live among us.
would surprise a lot of people on hear
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Liar's - 07/17/19 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by snoopy
For the media with an agenda, lawyers and politicians, lying is just a tool to use as comfortably as telling the truth - that is, if they know the difference anymore.

It's their truth.....facts be damned... loco

Re: Liar's - 07/17/19 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by colt45

Wait a minute you calling someone on the thf a liar? grill
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Liar's - 07/17/19 11:04 PM

popcorn you should just post it up
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Liar's - 07/18/19 08:39 PM

When I was in college at one of my second part time jobs, worked with this older guy, a real lazy stroke who's only claim to fame was having served a few years in the Air Force. Everything he did was covert, black ops, top secret stuff according to him. He told me one day that he was circling above the US Embassy in Saigon when it fell, filming everything. I knew how old he was, he had told me. I also knew when that event took place. There was a small crowd, I looked him square in the eyes and asked him how he got into the Air Force at the age of 13. His look of bewilderment, shock, fear and panic was priceless. I was about 19 at the time. Most liars are not very bright.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Liar's - 07/18/19 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
When I was in college at one of my second part time jobs, worked with this older guy, a real lazy stroke who's only claim to fame was having served a few years in the Air Force. Everything he did was covert, black ops, top secret stuff according to him. He told me one day that he was circling above the US Embassy in Saigon when it fell, filming everything. I knew how old he was, he had told me. I also knew when that event took place. There was a small crowd, I looked him square in the eyes and asked him how he got into the Air Force at the age of 13. His look of bewilderment, shock, fear and panic was priceless. I was about 19 at the time. Most liars are not very bright.

I had almost this same situation with a friend of a friend on a hunting trip. In his case, he was across the street watching the helicopters evacuate the embassy in Saigon. He too would have been about 13 or 14 at the time. This was just one of his MANY stories.

Re: Liar's - 07/18/19 09:19 PM

Only stories I could tell about Saigon are about Seguin, Saigon is what we called it lol. Some of them I wish were lies... eeks333
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Liar's - 07/18/19 10:24 PM

IDK about lies on here but there is sure ALLOT of bs

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 12:31 PM

its either elaborate details or very evasive about details, never understood the need to lie

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 01:02 PM

its either elaborate details or very evasive about details, never understood the need to lie

Define elusive?

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 01:20 PM

e·lu·sive
/ēˈlo͞osiv/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
difficult to find, catch, or achieve.
"success will become ever more elusive"
synonyms: difficult to catch/find, difficult to track down
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 01:21 PM

I've been through multiple deception detection courses. Everyone lies.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 01:28 PM

The Big Guy expects us to be honest and truthful.

I have enough other issues, telling the truth ain't one of em.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by KK30RAR

Had a boss that would ask questions that he knew the answer to just to see if you had done your due diligence on your job planning. You had better not try and BS him or he would dress you down in a way you didn't want to see again. Luckily I saw it happen to someone else before he got to me. It was better to just admit you didn't know but would find out.

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 02:18 PM

Like I said earlier post it up..You are wrong on all accounts, embarrassing so on your part.

I’ve trying to take the high ground simply due to your age, but you are making it hard.

Posted By: Marc K

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

Technically, yes. Like trying to spare another person's feelings. "No, you don't look fat, sweetie."
If you mean that everyone lies for ego, fun or profit - I will have to respectfully disagree.

Marc

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Marc K

Technically, yes. Like trying to spare another person's feelings. "No, you don't look fat, sweetie."
If you mean that everyone lies for ego, fun or profit - I will have to respectfully disagree.

Marc

We live in different worlds which is why my agency has invested thousands of dollars in my training. If you seriously don't think people will lie to make a profit you are naive. They're called criminals. Well, some are criminals. There are numerous other non-criminal livelihoods where telling the truth really isn't advantageous for the speaker. Really, it's a thing.

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 04:29 PM

I think we are all on the liar that's doing ii to make himself feel good and to impress others, does this hat make me look stupid? NO , that's in a different spectrum.

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 04:50 PM

Marc

We live in different worlds which is why my agency has invested thousands of dollars in my training. If you seriously don't think people will lie to make a profit you are naive. They're called criminals. Well, some are criminals. There are numerous other non-criminal livelihoods where telling the truth really isn't advantageous for the speaker. Really, it's a thing.

Don't get me wrong - I am not challenging your training or experience. I am a small businessman and I deal with people daily so I certainly know that some people lie. Believe me, I know.

I was taking exception to your comment that "everyone lies." The people that I surround myself in my personal life, have integrity and a sense of honor. Their words are to be trusted, as are mine. I suspect that we do indeed operate in different worlds. Not everyone lies.

Marc
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 05:58 PM

Marc

Don't get me wrong - I am not challenging your training or experience. I am a small businessman and I deal with people daily so I certainly know that some people lie. Believe me, I know.

I was taking exception to your comment that "everyone lies." The people that I surround myself in my personal life, have integrity and a sense of honor. Their words are to be trusted, as are mine. I suspect that we do indeed operate in different worlds. Not everyone lies.

Marc

Agree. Recognition and acceptance is a basic human need. Some have to lie to have this need met. The criminal element is a whole different discussion as it relates to lying. Criminals lie for a living. I think we're talking about "BS-rs" here.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson

Lmao

And he said it on a national broadcast on all three major networks.

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 07:38 PM

Marc

Marc

In my profession if you don't have the keenest since of personal honor and integrity you don't last long, which is as it should be. Lots of cops find their way into unemployment because of untruthfulness. However, I have dealt with many people from many backgrounds in a variety of situations and have an excellent grasp of human behavior. 99% of people will not lie about everything but they will lie about something. Only one person has gone through this world with a perfect record and He wasn't a THFer. Everyone lies at some point about something. C'mon Marc, would I lie to you about this?

roflmao

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 07:42 PM

I would say as a cop you deal with a certain type of person. Maybe that type is spread over many different demographics, but its still a pretty limited sum.

People who do not break the law typically don't have a lot of exposure to the police.

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 09:36 PM

I think the worst are the ones that do it for monetary gain, and the ones that do it to cause personal distress
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 10:01 PM

I’ve been witness to so many liars the past few years it’s mind boggling. It’s like everybody is so full of [censored] they can’t remember what they said to who

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 10:06 PM

What about the certain "ladies" that seemingly exist just to jack up your (and any other gullible male's) world? No 1st hand experience, thank you Almighty, but I've been in the presence of a few. eek And my wife certainly experienced one in her first marriage.

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 10:26 PM

Choctaw,

Point taken!

Please note that I do not claim to have never lied in my life. (Let's not discuss my teens in the late 60's and early 70's :-) ) I was taking umbrage to the inference that everyone lies, commonly, on a regular basis. Now, I see that this was not your point. I will readily concede that most people have lied about something, at some point in their life.

In my years of walking on this planet studying people, I have learned that what a person deals with on a daily basis will bias their view of humanity. I'm big on "trust but verify." The folks on this board who have dealt with me personally, already know this.

Honor and integrity are not just words, they are life guiding principles that many of us actually do live by.

Respectfully,
Marc
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 11:00 PM

Lets quit beating around the bush and get to the real question.

Was the moon landing fake or real. My grandma Oxner swore that wrestling was real and the moon landing was fake.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Liar's - 07/19/19 11:04 PM

you need new material
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Liar's - 07/20/19 12:35 AM

I used to work with a guy who would lie if the truth sounded better (pre LE). The funny thing is he was the most likable SOB in the world aside from the lying.
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: Liar's - 07/20/19 03:01 AM

I once killed a grizzly bear in Brown County with nothin' but my Randall Made Knife.

Re: Liar's - 07/20/19 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Homer Jay
I once killed a grizzly bear in Brown County with nothin' but my Randall Made Knife.

No, wait, it was in Hamilton County. Ya, that's right, I once killed a grizzly bear in Hamilton County with my Randall Made Knife.

Re: Liar's - 07/20/19 03:50 AM

No, wait, it was in Hamilton County. Ya, that's right, I once killed a grizzly bear in Hamilton County with my Randall Made Knife.

No, dang it! It wasn't with my Randall Made Knife, it was with my Marine Corps KA-Bar! That's right! It was my KA-Bar.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Liar's - 07/20/19 10:17 AM

My current worst exposure is a 20 year old male in my house. He’s a terrible liar as well but can’t help it. He knows you know he’s lying and keeps rolling the story out.

Re: Liar's - 07/20/19 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by wp75169
My current worst exposure is a 20 year old male in my house. He’s a terrible liar as well but can’t help it. He knows you know he’s lying and keeps rolling the story out.

lol35

Re: Liar's - 07/20/19 01:19 PM

Mr Lowe?
Posted By: tex70

Re: Liar's - 07/20/19 01:31 PM

A little offtopic but happy b-day ducknbass cheers
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Liar's - 07/21/19 12:41 PM

I've been in many conversations, especially with fishermen, where the first liar didn't have a chance. bolt

Re: Liar's - 07/21/19 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by joebass2
I've been in many conversations, especially with fishermen, where the first liar didn't have a chance. bolt

you don't think there is not any of that on here clap
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Liar's - 07/21/19 11:50 PM

Most people, in the appropriate situation, dealing with the appropriate reasons, Will fabricate or lie at some point in their life. Some just can’t not! Others go back and forth between the two.
The key is not if they are lying or not lying, key is being able to tell if someone is or not.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum