Texas Hunting Forum

STIHL CHAINSAWS

Posted By: jdickey

STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 08:02 PM

Who's got the best deals on STIHL CHAINSAWS? Looking for new MS251 C B-e 16" bar is my preferred model.
Posted By: Cast

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 08:12 PM

Your tractor dealer.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 08:18 PM

It’s stihl days
Posted By: Jman

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 08:21 PM

Stihl maintains very strict retail pricing. Unless you are a contractor who buys lots of equipment and qualifies for fleet or other discounts Or have a very good relationship with your local power equipment dealer, i think you’ll find any savings won’t amount to you spending a whole bunch of time on it.
Posted By: TX0303

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 08:26 PM

Check with Empire Seed Co in Temple. I've gotten good deals from them on Stihl and Gravely.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 08:26 PM

Ace Hardware carries them. Never bought a Stihl from them but I've had good luck using them for other stuff.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 08:31 PM

I have an MS250. Great chainsaw, but I do not like the newfangled gas and bar oil caps this saw has, but it’s no deal killer.

I had the easy chain tensioner on an MS 180C, and really liked it. Wish I’d gotten it on this 250.
Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 08:41 PM

Atwoods
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
I have an MS250. Great chainsaw, but I do not like the newfangled gas and bar oil caps this saw has, but it’s no deal killer.

It's like one of those brain teaser puzzles where you fiddle with it to get it apart and then you try to remember what you did
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jman
Stihl maintains very strict retail pricing. Unless you are a contractor who buys lots of equipment and qualifies for fleet or other discounts Or have a very good relationship with your local power equipment dealer, i think you’ll find any savings won’t amount to you spending a whole bunch of time on it.

this ^^^^ If you want a Stihl, you pay what you pay. I just bought one about 6 mos ago, and it is leaps and bounds above my old Poulan, and better than my father in laws 3 echos.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 09:41 PM

I don't think you'll get much of a price break from any Stihl dealer. The best I ever did was $10 off and a gimme cap from Paige tractor.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 10:26 PM

Stihl maintains very strict retail pricing.

I've noticed that too and have wondered how they get away with it. Borderline price fixing if you ask me. It's why my last saw was an Echo.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/22/19 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Country01
Atwoods

that is who I deal with for stihl, like said, pricing will be retail no matter who you go to.

I used to own 6 stihl, 12" bar up to 48" bar/6 hp (that one was flat dangerous if you weren't paying attn) and never got a deal on anything other than a bar chain combo sometimes. I went thru bars/chains about every 3 months tho.

this is what I used to build with them. 65' across the bottom. [Linked Image]
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/23/19 12:13 AM

Nice place Hop. up

I have an echo that was given to me. Went to the garage to start it up after about 5 years of not having run it. About 25 pulls and off it went, running like a champ.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/23/19 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Nice place Hop. up

I have an echo that was given to me. Went to the garage to start it up after about 5 years of not having run it. About 25 pulls and off it went, running like a champ.

lol, I wish, that is a condo project in keystone co. I did the log work and all the posts/handrail you see in the pic. one bed cost 95k back in 97 or so when it was built.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/23/19 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan

I've noticed that too and have wondered how they get away with it. Borderline price fixing if you ask me. It's why my last saw was an Echo.

I don’t see it that way Dan. Many companies with high quality products do it. The retailers run a sale when the manufacturers tell them to. That’s it. Look at your scopes, leupold, NF, Kahles, etc all have MAP pricing.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/23/19 01:22 AM

I have an older Husqvarna, and had some good service, but it's time for its big brother STIHL to come in and take over. and what I've found is the pricing is very rigid all across the table. Probably will go with Atwoods since I have a farm account with them; Tractor Supply carries Husqvarna but not STIHL.
Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/23/19 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by wp75169
Originally Posted by Texas Dan

I don’t see it that way Dan. Many companies with high quality products do it. The retailers run a sale when the manufacturers tell them to. That’s it. Look at your scopes, leupold, NF, Kahles, etc all have MAP pricing.

They do it to keep Home Depot and Lowes from lowballing the mom-and-pops that cater to outdoor power equipment.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/23/19 01:34 AM

We’ve had a local Stihl dealer. Then McCoys started selling Stihl products. I drive past Mcoys to get to local guys place.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS - 04/23/19 01:46 AM

Around here you can get Stihl at the John Deere dealer, the Kubota dealer and the New Holland dealer and maybe a few more places.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum