Texas Hunting Forum

Longest flu/cold I have ever had

Posted By: Superduty

Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 06:24 PM

About three weeks ago my throat was sore slight cough no mucus.I felt run down but could still function.The sore throat has moved lower into my esophagus last week again cough no mucus, as of last night I was stuffed up, nose running and headaches. Now I am clear, throat still little sore but feel weak, same dry cough with a non-consistent headache. Never had a fever or chills...just strange for something like this to last this long.

I do not have allergies, just have never had anything last this long and I am not over it 3 weeks later.

Is there a bug going around that lasts that long?

What do the THF Dr’s say?
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 06:26 PM

Have plenty of cocktails this eve and report back tomorrow.

Hope you feel better soon.
Posted By: BOLT GUY

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 06:32 PM

Try Zicam, it's helped me out with some of the same symptoms.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 06:35 PM

Got it first week of November finally fully recovered first week of March. Went to the Dr multiple times.
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 06:42 PM

As you age it is very possible to develop allergies you didn't have when younger.

Have you thought about seeing an actual doctor?
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 06:59 PM

Well there is the "super delight" cure in the Tall Tales section.
Hope you feel better soon, being sick that long ain't worth a dang.

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Well there is the "super delight" cure in the Tall Tales section.
Hope you feel better soon, being sick that long ain't worth a dang.

That was funny.
roflmao
Posted By: okbowhunter

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Superduty
About three weeks ago my throat was sore slight cough no mucus.I felt run down but could still function.The sore throat has moved lower into my esophagus last week again cough no mucus, as of last night I was stuffed up, nose running and headaches. Now I am clear, throat still little sore but feel weak, same dry cough with a non-consistent headache. Never had a fever or chills...just strange for something like this to last this long.

I do not have allergies, just have never had anything last this long and I am not over it 3 weeks later.

I have the exact same thing been slightly over 2 weeks now and I'm left with the cough slight improvement each day but still coughing. Wife said I won't be coughing much longer because she's going to kill me.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rustler
As you age it is very possible to develop allergies you didn't have when younger.

Have you thought about seeing an actual doctor?

This. I didn’t start having allergies until I was 37. Now they absolutely destroy me every spring and fall. I’m fighting it now. Started as a sniffle (from allergies) 3 weeks ago, moves into my ears and chest, and within 48hrs was a sinus infection and bronchitis. Happens twice a year, every year, for the past 5 years.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 07:50 PM

Never heard of it going to your esophagus. Probably your trachea.. Did you get a flu shot?

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

Never heard of it going to your esophagus. Probably your trachea.. Did you get a flu shot?

No sir, no flu shot.

I believe you are correct more trachea.

The come and go headaches......man!
Posted By: kwrhuntinglab

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 08:54 PM

Past month I have had bronchitis, the flu and now walking pneumonia. And this cough has lasted about this long as well. Can't seem to shake it either.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 09:32 PM

My wife had mono a few years back. Lasted off and on for about 4 months.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 10:05 PM

Went to doc 2 weeks ago with same stuff - bronchitis. Doc said you were luck it didn't turn into pneumonia. Steroids and antibiotics but doc said it will take 3 - 4 weeks. Get your hind end to the doc SD!

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Halfadozen
Went to doc 2 weeks ago with same stuff - bronchitis. Doc said you were luck it didn't turn into pneumonia. Steroids and antibiotics but doc said it will take 3 - 4 weeks. Get your hind end to the doc SD!

Thank you, I will give it another week. Don’t care too much for those witch doctors.

cheers
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 11:30 PM

Superduty, Irving health and medical has a shot with 3 ingredients and they gave me Levaquin. 2 trips to CareNow didn’t do it. This is what fixed it for me and I had identical symptoms.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 11:30 PM

It’s an S hole but it worked.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 11:48 PM

Had the same thing, lasted a month. Sinus infection and bronchitis. Due to my history of throat cancer and the following radiation and chemo, normal antibiotics don’t help at all. Zpacks are nothing. Had to move up to something, maybe Levoquin, sitting in the blind, can’t remember. I do know they use it to treat Anthrax and the plague! Still took over a week to help.
No use suffering, get to the DR. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 11:51 PM

AIDS!

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by scalebuster
AIDS!

Happily married 26 years,,,doubt that.

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 11:54 PM

Best thread ever. Remember when next flu shot thread gets posted.

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Had the same thing, lasted a month. Sinus infection and bronchitis. Due to my history of throat cancer and the following radiation and chemo, normal antibiotics don’t help at all. Zpacks are nothing. Had to move up to something, maybe Levoquin, sitting in the blind, can’t remember. I do know they use it to treat Anthrax and the plague! Still took over a week to help.

MAN, PRAYERS FOR YOU!

Thank you.

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/22/19 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Best thread ever. Remember when next flu shot thread gets posted.

Nice Bill, that’s how to play the game!
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/23/19 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Probably Cipro was the med.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/23/19 12:12 AM

Thanks SD, I’m 8+ years cancer free.
Mucinex might help some too.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/23/19 01:12 AM

Going on 6 weeks for me. Two doctor’s visits and two rounds of meds. Still coughing and hacking. Worst I’ve ever had it.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/23/19 02:08 AM

Sounds like Sinuses to me. A simple try is using a neti-pot.
Do the headaches get worse when you go from a seated position to standing?

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/23/19 02:15 AM

A free flu shot in September...............
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/23/19 02:01 PM

Better go to the doc. you might have Pneumonia.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/23/19 02:29 PM

yep, the cough is the last to go, if gets hold of your lungs, it can be tough. Get a chest Xray, then do what pulmanologist says !!!
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Longest flu/cold I have ever had - 03/23/19 02:32 PM

Same here and several people I know going through the same thing. One day it feels like it's gone and then the cough is back.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum