Texas Hunting Forum

Sand Bass Fishing Colorado Bend State Park???

Posted By: TurkeyWhisperer

Sand Bass Fishing Colorado Bend State Park??? - 02/25/19 08:53 PM

My family and I will be camping at Colorado Bend State Park March 15-17. Heard it’s a good place for Sand Bass fishing. Anybody know when the fishing is usually best there? Hoping it will be good while we are there. Thanks!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Sand Bass Fishing Colorado Bend State Park??? - 02/25/19 09:26 PM

Try TFF . They can help you. I just checked. They have a forum dedicated to to sand bass and stripers.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Sand Bass Fishing Colorado Bend State Park??? - 02/25/19 09:33 PM

hmmm, I grew up fishing at those fish camps where Colorado Bend State Park is now, Lemon camp and Gorman falls ... we always called them "white" bass ... is that the same thing? We used to go up there late February thru early May.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Sand Bass Fishing Colorado Bend State Park??? - 02/25/19 09:52 PM

I used to go when I was a kid to Granite Shoals. 1 1/2 hours before sunset chunk these little things around a pier or dock. They will hit them like crazy for a half hour, then they just turn off. You wont get them to bit at all after that. Lots of fun. Good luck. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Sand Bass Fishing Colorado Bend State Park??? - 02/25/19 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyWhisperer
My family and I will be camping at Colorado Bend State Park March 15-17. Heard it’s a good place for Sand Bass fishing. Anybody know when the fishing is usually best there? Hoping it will be good while we are there. Thanks!

That's usually about the right time to hit the spawn. Good luck, let us know how you do!
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Sand Bass Fishing Colorado Bend State Park??? - 02/25/19 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
hmmm, I grew up fishing at those fish camps where Colorado Bend State Park is now, Lemon camp and Gorman falls ... we always called them "white" bass ... is that the same thing? We used to go up there late February thru early May.

Same thing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum