Texas Hunting Forum

Crazyhorse RIP

Posted By: Hopedale

Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 02:03 AM

It is with a heavy heart I leaned Crazhorse died today in an accident.

I met him on this forum and got to hunt with him a few times.

No hunt will ever top the one in 2009.

He was a true outdoorsman. Some folks liked him others not so much. But if you got to know him, you'd know at the end of the day he was a good man.

Please say a prayer for his wife and other loved ones who are hurting this evening.

Here is probably the most memorable picture of him and a true testimate of his humor.

[Linked Image]

Here is our hunt from 2009

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7369269/1

Rest in peace my friend. You will be missed but not forgotton.

BTW - Crazyhorse's real name was Randall W Weems.

Just thought I'd post here in case you're not on FB and didn't know what happened today.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 02:56 AM

Saw it on fb too. I met Randall once, he was a little rough online but when you met him in person you realize he would be a whole lot of fun to be around. Sorry to see him gone
Posted By: Guy

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hopedale

I would like to know the details if anyone has them.

Met him a few times, but his THF membership is legendary. When I first joined the forum, he was the first I started following. At the time he was "Crazy Horse Consulting", then it went to CHC, then just Crazhorse. He got ban from the forum years ago, because he was just always stirring the pot, we should probably leave at that or this thread will get deleted.

But I always liked him and his incredible passion on topics. RIP Crazhorse.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 03:54 AM

RIP and prayers for his family. Sounds like my kind of people.
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 04:44 AM

Man I had forgotten about him. Hate to hear that RIP Crazyhorse
Posted By: jaymz

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 05:01 AM

He apparently was involved in a vehicle accident where his truck turned over and caused injuries that were life threatening.

As much as he probably got under some peoples nerves with his bold and unwavering posts, I loved them. You don't always have to voice your opposition, sometimes listening, understanding and moving on despite your opinion is enough. He was a 100% genuine person, set in his ways yet willing to listen to others (even if he didn't agree). Maybe we need more people like that going forward.

RIP.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by jaymz
He apparently was involved in a vehicle accident where his truck turned over and caused injuries that were life threatening.

As much as he probably got under some peoples nerves with his bold and unwavering posts, I loved them. You don't always have to voice your opposition, sometimes listening, understanding and moving on despite your opinion is enough. He was a 100% genuine person, set in his ways yet willing to listen to others (even if he didn't agree). Maybe we need more people like that going forward.

RIP.

Ditto. Hate to use that for sentiment but it is what it is. Tired of the FB generation since no real discussions ever formulate...

angel
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 11:47 AM

[Linked Image]

He really loved putting ducks in his mouth for pics too
Posted By: 68A

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 12:29 PM

Never met him but seemed like a really genuine (and funny) guy. Between here and the other place that was never to be mentioned on this site, I enjoyed reading what he had to say. RIP, Randall.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 08:53 PM

He was on here before my time, but that’s terrible news. Sounds like a good hunting buddy. RIP and prayers for his family.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:31 PM

He was such a good man. I’ll miss him!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:34 PM

angel
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:34 PM

Very sorry to hear. RIP Randall.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:38 PM

RIP Crazyhorse.

angel
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:47 PM

angel
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
Posted By: frognot

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:48 PM

RIP Randall.
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:53 PM

Here the accident report

http://www.newschannel6now.com/2019/01/11/archer-county-man-run-over-killed-by-his-own-pickup/

I also have Lora Weems address if someone wants to send a condolence note..PM me
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:55 PM

WICHITA FALLS, TX (TNN) - DPS Troopers say a man has died after he was run over by his own pickup.

It happened at around 4:00 p.m. Thursday on State Highway 79 about two miles south of Olney.

Randall Weems, 68 of Olney parked his pickup partially in the ditch and partially on the gravel drive. Troopers say he got out to close a gate.

Trooper Dan Buesing says the pickup was not placed in park and began to roll backwards.

Buesing says Weems was trying to get back into the truck when he fell and was run over.

He was transported to a hospital in Hamilton where he later died from his injuries.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by dkershen

Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 10:59 PM

Dang, I hate to hear that. I remember him from back then, and also on another forum. Prayers up.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Superduty
RIP Crazyhorse.

angel
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 11:24 PM

Dang. I hate to read that. Prayers for his family
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 11:32 PM

I vaguely remember his posts. The photos say a LOT!! And I bet he was fun to be around.

RIP
Prayers up for his family.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/11/19 11:48 PM

R.I.P. angel Prayers
flag
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 12:14 AM

Met him, Lora and that Siamese cat on a leash once to pick up a shotgun I bought from him. He was wearing a leather strap around his neck with either bear claws or maybe Javalena tusks? I had a blast talking to him. Very interesting man and very cordial. I could tell he’d led a storybook life.

45 minutes later they had to leave for a lunch date. We traded stories about Pronghorn hunting. If I remember correctly his story was how he and Lora processed a Pronghorn one of them had shot on their honeymoon night while my story was how a friend and I processed two we shot on a Federal draw hunt in a motel bathtub in Dalhart.

It was a great time meeting them and my sincere condolences go out to Lora.

RIP Crazyhorse.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 12:16 AM

RIP Crazyhorse.

angel
Posted By: badger2b

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 12:20 AM

angel
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 12:26 AM

He will be missed! Prayers for his wife, family, and friends!
Posted By: HOF

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Hopedale

I would like to know the details if anyone has them.

Met him a few times, but his THF membership is legendary. When I first joined the forum, he was the first I started following. At the time he was "Crazy Horse Consulting", then it went to CHC, then just Crazhorse. He got ban from the forum years ago, because he was just always stirring the pot, we should probably leave at that or this thread will get deleted.

But I always liked him and his incredible passion on topics. RIP Crazhorse.

X2
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 02:39 AM

Damn. Hate to hear that.
Posted By: sasquatch1

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 02:49 AM

RIP CRAZYHORSE! He was a good guy. Wish the best for family and lots of friends at this tough time.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 03:09 AM

Tough Deal, prayers for him and his family. angel
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 03:30 AM

Just read this on another forum and thought I'd pass it on.

"Guys, to say the least, Randall was a good friend of mine. We spent many a long night shooting the [censored] and discussing everything under the sun.

I talked to "Sis" this afternoon. This is what I always called Lora because she says that I remind her of her brother.

The story from the paper is pretty accurate. They don't know whether the truck slipped out of park or not, but he did try to get back in and the worst happened.

His last thoughts and words were about Lora. He was supposed to pick her up after an outing of hers and he asked the guys he was with to make sure she was picked up. He asked them to tell her that he loved her. I will not go into all of the details, Lora said his chest was half the normal size and he flatlined a couple times on the way to the hospital and for the final time in Wichita Falls.

Lora asked that no flowers or plants be sent. As she said, "Larry, you know I can't keep the damn things alive." The cards and wishes will be greatly appreciated. Randall will not have a funeral. He was sent to Dallas for an autopsy. Evidently there are some accidents that require it. He will not be back to Olney for about 3 weeks. There he will be cremated and have his ashes spread over west Texas.

There will be a memorial in a couple weeks. I hope to post any new information I get. Lora and a couple other friends have contacted the state Department Of Parks and Wildlife and are requesting that a Community Fishing Lake be created and named for Randall. The fellow he worked for said he would donate his land with the proper creek running through it for this purpose. We will see what the State says.

Again, I will try to post any progress.

Godspeed you cantankerous old son of a bitch. I love you.

Larry"
Posted By: Jasb

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 04:29 AM

Sad thing is he couldn’t even see this post since he was permabanned....R.I.P. crazyhorse!
Posted By: kry226

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Dang. I hate to read that. Prayers for his family
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 12:34 PM

Wow I haven’t heard of him in years

RIP
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 12:58 PM

I'm going to leave out all the spirited debates I had with CH over the years and just say that he was a completely different person face to face. Met him and Lora on a THF get together hunt at Thompson Temple and found him to be somebody I would have no problem sharing a camp with. Some people were just born a free spirit and CH was a perfect example, he lived his life by his rules. If somebody wanted to put together a Javalina hunt in his honor I will attend, I'll pick up Lora's tab for the hunt also, I think she should be there.
Posted By: Western

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by z71dustin
RIP Crazyhorse.

angel

Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 04:09 PM

I never read one of his posts and never met the man. From what I have gleaned from the above comments he was a unique individual that was very likeable in his own way and was a true "free spirit". I truly wish that I would have had the opportunity to meet him as I have always enjoyed the "characters" in life. Rest in peace, Sir.
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 04:46 PM

I bumped into him many times over the years.
He was a really good guy, hard not to like.

First time I met him I was broke down on the side of the road with a trailer hub/bearings loaded with bulls.
He pulled up heading the wrong direction and asked if I wanted to fix it and go on to wherever the blank I was headed or stand there and stare at it the rest of the day.
With his help I was on my way in just a few minutes.
I could go on, he will be missed.

He was genuine.

I hope site admin will include him in the 'In Memoriam' site feedback & news.
Posted By: Mike W

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 05:05 PM

RIP angel
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rustler
I hope site admin will include him in the 'In Memoriam' site feedback & news.

As long as Lora is OK with us including him, we would be happy to. When a man passes, it's time to remember the good things. I also had some good times with CH in person. He was a character.
Posted By: helomech

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 07:42 PM

Damn, so sorry to hear. Me and him got into a few times on here, but we go along just fine in person. Best wishes to his family.
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 08:01 PM

Anything he posted was worth reading and thinking about.
A person from a time and place where people could disagree
and still respect each other and get along.

RIP CH.
Peace and comfort to his loved ones.
Posted By: erathar

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 08:10 PM

I'd like to see some of his posts. Sounds like quite the character.
Posted By: missingAK

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/12/19 11:59 PM

I had several run ins with him at the other site. It was always a hoot and I told him a couple of times that I bet he'd be fun to hang around a campfire with. Sorry I never got the chance to meet him in person.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/13/19 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by erathar
I'd like to see some of his posts. Sounds like quite the character.

Here ya go.

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/670
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/13/19 12:09 AM

Met him once and he was a pretty cool guy in person
Posted By: Espy

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/13/19 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mike W
RIP angel
Posted By: jhunter77

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/13/19 12:55 AM

God's speed.

Lord please hold this family and group of friends close in your graces through this trying time. Maybe they find comfort in your love and the memories that they carry on. Rest in peace Crazy Horse.
Posted By: twice70

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/13/19 12:35 PM

Hate to hear this. He was a good guy at heart. Lots of folks just didn't like how outspoken he was. RIP Randall.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/13/19 01:01 PM

RIP and prayers for his loved ones he left behind.

I came on board when THF first came about way back when, and Crazyhorse was here, and what I remember is he enjoyed the back in forth, but one thing about it, he always got in the last word.
There were some epic posts, and he and a few others kept the forum hopping, and the moderators busy! roflmao
Posted By: Wes70

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/13/19 01:37 PM

Sorry to hear. RIP CHC. Prayers for Laura and all the friends and family.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/13/19 03:33 PM

RIP
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/13/19 05:07 PM

Had the chance to meet him a couple of times. He was an entertaining, funny and nice guy. I'm guessing his permaban is over. He would think that funny.
Posted By: Teal28

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/18/19 03:17 PM

I met Randell and Lora here and hunted with them a few times, even had dinner at their home. (No it wasn't bobcat). Very nice people.
Sad to hear about his untimely death. He will be missed. My prayer and thoughts are with Lora and their family. Rest in Peace Crazy Horse, you were one of a kind!

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/18/19 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
I came on board when THF first came about way back when, and Crazyhorse was here, and what I remember is he enjoyed the back in forth, but one thing about it, he always got in the last word.
There were some epic posts, and he and a few others kept the forum hopping, and the moderators busy! roflmao

Everyone used to troll him, and I think he enjoyed it. The best of which was black cougar threads. roflmao
Posted By: helomech

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/18/19 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Jimbo

Everyone used to troll him, and I think he enjoyed it. The best of which was black cougar threads. roflmao

I had forgotten about those black cougar threads.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/18/19 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Teal28
I met Randell and Lora here and hunted with them a few times, even had dinner at their home. (No it wasn't bobcat). Very nice people.
Sad to hear about his untimely death. He will be missed. My prayer and thoughts are with Lora and their family. Rest in Peace Crazy Horse, you were one of a kind!

While I was on a Javelina hunt Randell donated to a THF hunting photo contest I looked in the ice box and saw a skinned animal. I asked what it was. Lora and Randell told me it was a Bobcat.Later that evening Lora had cooked up dinner for us. It was a gravy smothered slow cooked meat I assumed was some kind of beef, venison, or goat. It was delicious. After finishing my first helping I asked what it was. "Bobcat". I got up and looked in the ice box. Yep, the Bobcat was no longer in there. Oh well, I went for seconds and finished another plate of Bobcat. Don't knock it till you try it. Lora can cook.
Posted By: Teal28

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/18/19 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper John
Originally Posted by Teal28

While I was on a Javelina hunt Randell donated to a THF hunting photo contest I looked in the ice box and saw a skinned animal. I asked what it was. Lora and Randell told me it was a Bobcat.Later that evening Lora had cooked up dinner for us. It was a gravy smothered slow cooked meat I assumed was some kind of beef, venison, or goat. It was delicious. After finishing my first helping I asked what it was. "Bobcat". I got up and looked in the ice box. Yep, the Bobcat was no longer in there. Oh well, I went for seconds and finished another plate of Bobcat. Don't knock it till you try it. Lora can cook.

lol no knock at all. just a call back to the eating bobcat thread. I don't remember ever hearing that story before Sniper! just another example of the good folks they are.

Re: Crazyhorse RIP - 01/18/19 11:00 PM

2007 THF GTG, Lora and Randell were cooking bobcat. My son Ryan, 9 years old at the time, I’m about 80 yards away watching him, he is hanging out with Lora and Randell at their camp spot and there is a crowed around. Well they talk Ryan into trying some. I see Lora spoon feed him, Ryan immediately spits it out, grabs his throat like he is choking, and runs to me like he is dieing! Everyone started laughing it was the funniest thing. What’s funny is it was the gravy he did not like he told me on the way home, it was the first time he ever had gravy, and to this day he hates gravy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum