Texas Hunting Forum

Official - Cowboys Vs Rams

Posted By: ndhunter

Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 06:42 PM

Cowboys for the win Saturday night

The line is Rams by 7
Posted By: mikei

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 06:47 PM

I'm afraid that the Cows have got 2nd place pretty well sewn up in this match. They have escaped by a whisker the last couple of games, but they just aren't a true SuperBowl contender this year, imho.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by mikei
I'm afraid that the Cows have got 2nd place pretty well sewn up in this match. They have escaped by a whisker the last couple of games, but they just aren't a true SuperBowl contender this year, imho.

Yeah but I am hoping they can keep finding ways to pull it out. Rams are tough but we got past the Saints. Hope springs eternal.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 07:02 PM

Better make this official.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 07:19 PM

I had a dream, no really I did laugh Cowboys beat the Rams and go on to play the Saints in the NFC title game and beats them to go to the SB. Dream didn't last long enough to see who they were playing or who won the SB... sleep2

I know, it was just a dream... confused2
Posted By: majekman

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 07:28 PM

The old adage of defense wins championships still holds true. When they’re firing on all cylinders Dallas has a top shelf D, no doubting that. Not saying that will take em to SB or even win this game...but it could be very interesting.
Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 07:47 PM

[Linked Image]

Zeke needs to have a big game

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 07:54 PM

Rams have 28th ranked run D in NFL....might bode well for Zeke
Posted By: mattyg06

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 08:04 PM

In 2001 describing the Baltimore Ravens.
The Los Angeles Times later described Dilfer as a game manager quarterback for the Ravens that season: He "wasn't elite, but he didn't make costly mistakes, and was supported by a dominant defense."

Hopefully 2019 describing the Dallas Cowboys.

The Dallas Morning News later described Prescott as a game manager quarterback for the Cowboys that season: He "wasn't elite, but he didn't make costly mistakes, and was supported by a dominant defense."
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 08:09 PM

Seems like Dallas could win, or maybe LA.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 08:21 PM

Yep, there is a good chance that they will win this game but there's also a good chance that they will lose.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 08:27 PM

The Rams went 2 and 2 in their last four games and Dallas won 8 of 9. I just don't think it is a foregone conclusion that the Rams run away with this game. If the Cowboys Defense plays to their potential then they have a great chance to win this game.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 08:29 PM

I don't like them anyways, but that "feed me" garbage is too much! Win something first!
Posted By: PMK

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 08:34 PM

although I have been a life long Cowboys fan dating back into the 1960s, I don't think they have a chance against the Rams. I hope they prove me wrong.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
I don't like them anyways, but that "feed me" garbage is too much! Win something first!

Who is your favorite NFL team?
Posted By: SR025

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 09:10 PM

It’s pretty simple, stop Gurley and they win

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 09:11 PM

Long suffering (70s), diehard Redskins fan here! Bring on the hate!

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 09:14 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! roflmao
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 09:26 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by SR025

And rams are like....it’s pretty simple, stop Elliot and we win.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by majekman
Originally Posted by SR025

And rams are like....it’s pretty simple, stop Elliot and we win.

Originally Posted by majekman
Rams have 28th ranked run D in NFL....might bode well for Zeke

up
Posted By: Mike W

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/09/19 10:55 PM

Rams have a great record, but they may have peaked early. Dallas' defense is all that matters in this one, if they can hold the Rams to 20 or less the Cowboys have a chance to win. No chance for Dallas in a shootout IMO. The formula hasn't changed, run the ball, stop the run and control the clock. Dak doesn't have to be Peyton Manning, but he does have to be turnover free.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mike W
Rams have a great record, but they may have peaked early. Dallas' defense is all that matters in this one, if they can hold the Rams to 20 or less the Cowboys have a chance to win. No chance for Dallas in a shootout IMO. The formula hasn't changed, run the ball, stop the run and control the clock. Dak doesn't have to be Peyton Manning, but he does have to be turnover free.

Agree with Mike on this one.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by NDN98
Originally Posted by Mike W

Agree with Mike on this one.

No doubt. Spot on
I look for red clapper to pull out some trickery........if jerry tells him to smile ani
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 02:20 AM

Jimbo1 is out of the closet, now i understand the Cowboy hate. I was there for those games back in the day when there was true hate. remember when Harvey Martin threw the funeral wreath back in the Redskins locker room after the game when they put in ours. so many memories of those games..

oh yea, i'll be watching the game from Jerry's yacht anchored in the Pacific.

Jimbo1, come join me, we'll talk about the good old days...
Posted By: Guy

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by mattyg06
The Los Angeles Times later described Dilfer as a game manager quarterback for the Ravens that season: He "wasn't elite, but he didn't make costly mistakes, and was supported by a dominant defense."

The Dallas Morning News later described Prescott as a game manager quarterback for the Cowboys that season: He "wasn't elite, but he didn't make costly mistakes, and was supported by a dominant defense."

Dak out mans Dilfer and Goff.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 02:55 AM

It’s all about feeding Zeek, no turn overs Dak and run it, and the D!!! Cowboys shut down the best rushing offense last week, and shut down Brees. Kris Richard rocks. up

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
It’s all about feeding Zeek, no turn overs Dak and run it, and the D!!! Cowboys shut down the best rushing offense last week, and shut down Brees. Kris Richard rocks. up

Hope they keep Kris Richard, like to see what else he can do. You know Marinellie is gonna keel over soon
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 03:40 AM

Rumor is that Jeerah is selling his boyz to live on a boat in Monaco

sail away bud, sail away
cheerleader
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 04:29 AM

Looks like Richard is headed to South beach....back to 8-8!!!

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Rumor is that Jeerah is selling his boyz to live on a boat in Monaco

sail away bud, sail away
cheerleader

Sooner is better....
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 02:20 PM

If Seattle had turned Russell Wilson and his down the field passing game loose, the Cowboys would not be playing another game. But by the same token, if the Cowboys can control the down the field passing game of the Rams, I can see them having a chance to beat the Rams. Rams have slipped a couple of notches in their last 2 games. Dallas has to cut out all of their stupid penalties, like the ones that cost them a TD and good field possession in the punting game.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Jimbo1 is out of the closet, now i understand the Cowboy hate. I was there for those games back in the day when there was true hate. remember when Harvey Martin threw the funeral wreath back in the Redskins locker room after the game when they put in ours. so many memories of those games..

You're right Buz, those were the good old days in many ways, especially for pro football. Just for a little context, I've never even been to D.C.! Our household was pro-Cowgirl and any dissent got you kicked to your room. What better team to root for than the Redskins to make trouble! Still...You've got to admire old man John Riggins being in traction most of the week and then playing on Sunday !
Posted By: mattyg06

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by mattyg06

Dak out mans Dilfer and Goff.

That is a great description of him. I liked seeing him run more the last game like he did in college. Dak isn't going to be a 14 year veteran due to his strength in the running game but we need him to do more of that to keep the defense honest. It also seems to get him more 'into the game' when he has taken a few hits on a designed QB run.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN

[Linked Image]

That's gold.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 05:49 PM

You're right Buz, those were the good old days in many ways, especially for pro football. Just for a little context, I've never even been to D.C.! Our household was pro-Cowgirl and any dissent got you kicked to your room. What better team to root for than the Redskins to make trouble! Still...You've got to admire old man John Riggins being in traction most of the week and then playing on Sunday !

At least you are not an Eagles fan that would be worse. Not a fan of John Riggins or the Redskins either.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ndhunter
Cowboys for the win Saturday night

The line is Rams by 7

I am surprised the line is still at 7 for Rams

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 10:59 PM

Riggo was a stud, if i remember he really didn't like football. He was and i think an avid outdoors-man as were several other Redskins.

i was in old JFK for a Cowboy Redskin game, 1972ish. Cowboys won. i was a drummer in the Tyler JR College Band, we did the halftime show. the Apache Bells were our big draw.

two other quick ,memories, i was standing in the end zone at old Texas Stadium when Staubach ran into the end zone and Diron Talbot Drilled him in the Back. i thought he killed Roger....

i was in the same end zone, on the field when Clint Longley hit Drew Pearson with a bomb in last minute to beat the Skins.

oh yea, i left the game early when Washington was killin us. i listened to the Cowboys comeback on the radio on the way home, Charlie waters and Brad Sham were going nuts. i walked in my house, turned on the TV just in time to see Roger hit Tony Hill on the fade route for the win.

good old days
Posted By: Stub

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/10/19 11:40 PM

Riggo was a stud, if i remember he really didn't like football. He was and i think an avid outdoors-man as were several other Redskins.

i was in old JFK for a Cowboy Redskin game, 1972ish. Cowboys won. i was a drummer in the Tyler JR College Band, we did the halftime show. the Apache Bells were our big draw.

two other quick ,memories, i was standing in the end zone at old Texas Stadium when Staubach ran into the end zone and Diron Talbot Drilled him in the Back. i thought he killed Roger....

i was in the same end zone, on the field when Clint Longley hit Drew Pearson with a bomb in last minute to beat the Skins.

oh yea, i left the game early when Washington was killin us. i listened to the Cowboys comeback on the radio on the way home, Charlie waters and Brad Sham were going nuts. i walked in my house, turned on the TV just in time to see Roger hit Tony Hill on the fade route for the win.

good old days

Those were the good old days cheers Early 90's were good until Jerra and Bullary Swisher took the reins bang And now we have the Dak Attack and Zeke the Freak and the D making us proud up

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 01:25 AM

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 01:32 AM

It’s just nice to have a Texas team actually in the playoffs. Especially after so many Texan fans flapping their gums about how good Texans are.......you betcha, eek2
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 02:03 AM

LoL even with "flapping gums" the fact still remains you DID get beat by the TEXANS. That would make the TEXANS your daddy at least until the next meeting which I believe......is in 4 YEARS! bolt

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 02:10 AM

Hey walk...it’s playoff time and who’s still playin and who’s hangin at Treasures in Htown? smile ani
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 02:13 AM

Yeah you have a very good point. Hope DA BOYS do well vs the RAMS and do us proud.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 02:26 AM

Night game?

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 02:57 AM

Saturday @ 7:15pm

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 07:31 PM

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 07:38 PM

You guys know quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke, ask Goff where the sun rises, he did not know. He said "the air?" rofl
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 07:51 PM

Cowboys have been pretty impressive since 3-5 start.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 11:46 PM

I remember this like yesterday. Everyone had the Broncos beating Cowboys.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/11/19 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

Always believe. up

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/12/19 05:21 PM

Because Dak is the QB for the greatest football franchise ever, I think the expectations maybe a little high, I know I expected a lot from.
Of course your going to have the jealous haters who will bash just because he is a Cowboy, kind of like the Democrats hate for our President Trump hammer

Here are the facts. In his first 3 years he is the third winningest QB in the league cheers Not bad for a 4th round draft pick that was 135 player selected!

Star Telegram

FRISCO
Dak Prescott may not rack up the 300-yard passing games, but the Dallas Cowboys’ signal caller is one of the best quarterbacks in the most important areas.

Prescott’s 12 game-winning drives since 2016 are second only to Matt Stafford’s 13 for most in the NFL, including Sunday’s drive that set up Brett Maher’s game-winning field goal against Atlanta.

Since Prescott’s rookie season in 2016, only Tom Brady (31-7 record) and Ben Roethlisberger (29-9) have more wins as a starting quarterback than Prescott, who is 27-15. Drew Brees is also 27-15.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/12/19 07:54 PM

Mo Better up

Originally Posted by Stub
Because Dak is the QB for the greatest football franchise ever, I think the expectations maybe a little high, I know I expected a lot from him.

Here are the facts. In his first 3 years he is the third winningest QB in the league cheers Not bad for a 4th round draft pick that was 135 player selected!

Star Telegram

FRISCO
Dak Prescott may not rack up the 300-yard passing games, but the Dallas Cowboys’ signal caller is one of the best quarterbacks in the most important areas.

Prescott’s 12 game-winning drives since 2016 are second only to Matt Stafford’s 13 for most in the NFL, including Sunday’s drive that set up Brett Maher’s game-winning field goal against Atlanta.

Since Prescott’s rookie season in 2016, only Tom Brady (31-7 record) and Ben Roethlisberger (29-9) have more wins as a starting quarterback than Prescott, who is 27-15. Drew Brees is also 27-15.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/12/19 09:51 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/12/19 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

remember it well

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/12/19 10:37 PM

Field is going to be a muddy mess for the game. Might turn into a running game which should give the Cowboys an edge. Dallas has a better running back and a much better run defense!

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/12/19 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by dlrz71
[Linked Image]

up
Posted By: hetman

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 12:38 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 12:49 AM

Dallas to loose by one.

Oh well, there is always next year.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 12:53 AM

All Texas quail hunters know to never brag on their bird dog or shooting until after the hunt.

[Linked Image]

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 01:00 AM

I just heard on fox pregame, in first 3 years, no QB has better completion % than Dak. smile
Posted By: leswad

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

remember it well

[Linked Image]

Oh Hell yes! Please share a few great stories! Congratulations!

[Linked Image]

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 01:36 AM

Whoohoo boys!!!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 01:40 AM

Ballsy call by Red paid off clap

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:18 AM

Garrettop looks extremely stressed
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by leswad
Originally Posted by Guy

remember it well

[Linked Image]

Oh Hell yes! Please share a few great stories! Congratulations!

[Linked Image]

Trainer?
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:25 AM

Rams running game is POUNDING the Cowboys

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:26 AM

Anderson is a STUD!

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:28 AM

Gurley is the man! "Feed me" should take notes!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:29 AM

Between cannot defend the run and stupid penalties cowboys could have a long break to the next game
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:31 AM

We all knew that any team that scores more than 20 points would beat them.

Heck the D just needs some help sometimes.

Our O is terrible..

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:35 AM

WTH was that call??

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:37 AM

Another example of wussifying the NFL!
Posted By: Jasb

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:42 AM

Dak seems to be doing good

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 03:02 AM

Lets just face it: them Boyz play horrible

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jasb
Dak seems to be doing good

Yeah, he is breathing
Posted By: swampthang

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
All Texas quail hunters know to never brag on their bird dog or shooting until after the hunt.

[Linked Image]

Gotta be a pen-raised bird. Try that with a wild Georgia quail.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 03:20 AM

The Cowboys are in California they are playing like it is training camp not post season

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 03:33 AM

they showed uncle jeerah

on the look of his face, his boat is already sinking

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 03:37 AM

Red head be dead on that call.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Superduty
Red head be dead on that call.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 03:49 AM

Queue (or "cue" for Oxner) the big girl!

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 03:51 AM

Posted By: Jasb

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 03:53 AM

That’s that...dak sucks azz
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:01 AM

Get the ball to Cooper.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:02 AM

at least the boyz had tons of practice trying them 4th downs and elliot had negative running yards, thats a first...

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:03 AM

No sense of urgency
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:15 AM

its over

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:18 AM

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:19 AM

The clapper can move on now

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:21 AM

Great Game.

Better team clearly won tonight.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:36 AM

Close but no cigar...Ram defense to strong. maybe next year.......

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by kmon1

You beat me to it

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:46 AM

Jerrah's plenty happy.

He's got a new yacht.

.............that's all that matters.
Al Davis was right.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:50 AM

They made almost zero adjustments...

The O is way too predictable and when they shut the run down we couldn't do anything.

Dak is just good enough to keep his job and waste the next few years of Zeke and this Defense.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:54 AM

I didn’t get to see all the game. But what I saw was Rams stacking the box against the run. Trying to get Dak to beat them with his arm.

I saw Rams run at will against our Defense.

It’s like cowboys did the exact opposite of what the Rams did.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:56 AM

Dak definitely has his up's and downs

Not sure I'm ready to kick him down the road yet
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by BradyBuck

The O is way too predictable and when they shut the run down we couldn't do anything.

Dak is just good enough to keep his job and waste the next few years of Zeke and this Defense.

Nailed it. Also Jason Garrett wins just enough to keep his job.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 06:25 AM

Like Switzers first trip to the playoffs with a very good team, they got out coached.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 06:56 AM

Bingo!!!! Dak sat there and should have ran!! Weird play calling all around. Don't run and they run for a kose... crazy game was this close by score. Rams are very beatable apparently.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Txduckman

Bingo!!!! Dak sat there and should have ran!! Weird play calling all around. Don't run and they run for a kose... crazy game was this close by score. Rams are very beatable apparently.

I totally agree, Dak was barely moving prior to throw the ball resulting in sacks. He could barely see what was in front of him resulting in a handfull of deflections. Elliot also needs a hair cut

The boyz are looking forward to their well deserved 6-7 months of vacation

And why do they even give these clowns 6 months off?

They should have 1 months off and start training in mid february...i never understood that
Its like they have to teach them the game of football in august again, since it has been so long.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Nailed it. Also Jason Garrett wins just enough to keep his job.

Even though I love my Boys, we got our azz handed to us on both sides of the ball last night by a better team.

We are still about 6 key players/coach away from being a Superbowl contender.

Dak ; yes I touted him earlier in the thread about being the 3rd winningest starting QB in the leagues the last 3 years, unfortunately he proved once more that he is not a top tier QB in his throwing or decision making.
They have to do a much better job game plan around his flaws or get more superior talent around him.

Jason I like him and I think he is a good coach, not a championship caliber coach, finding one is tough.

D line needs a real bull that can push the pocket.
O line needs to stay healthy, we had to many injuries to key players, no excuse most teams do also.

You hear about all of the come back wins, well thats because we were getting beat and had to. We need a team that starts and finish's strong the whole game and wins without having to come back that often,

Our Boys have a lot of young very talented players or we would not have been playing last night, lets hope good decisions are made in the off season to take us to the Promise Land up

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 01:41 PM

I watched the first half and didn't watch the second.
It was obvious that their game plan wasn't working and the Rams had their number.
I blame the coaching more than anything for the loss for poor preparation.
Dak just needs an experienced QB coach in the off season to help him work on his flaws.
The guy has raw talent and heart, but just needs to be coached up while he still has a chance to be saved, and not develope those bad habits into permanent ones.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 01:48 PM

Dallas is 3rd youngest team in NFL...this was a good season after a 3-5 first half record.
They’ll change out some coaches but the red clapper is going nowhere but think Marinelli and Linehan are candidates for unemployment. Look for Richard to take over DC job and maybe reach into college ranks for innovative OC with some RPO in him.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:18 PM

Dak needs to run left and right prior to throwing the ball.
He just stands there behind a wall of players waiting for someone to be open resulting in a sack or countless deflections.

He needs to watch videos from rodgers or favre
Them 2 boys have leggs too, besides a strong right arm.

Dak barely moved last nite, barely.
Posted By: Mike W

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:39 PM

For the coaching/talent level, they got as far as they could realistically go.
Posted By: Chopped54

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 02:48 PM

Dak sucks

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:05 PM

Rams vs Chiefs will be in the big game is they way it should be. Cowgirls won an injury riddled NFC East. If the Eagles and Redskins had been healthy, Dallas wouldn't even have made the wild card.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 04:23 PM

The offensive coaches should be fired immediately, should start with Linehan and Moore, and Red too.
Posted By: WILLIED72

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 05:20 PM

For the most part Rams had their way..Cowboys could have made it interesting with a couple less stupid plays..but good year for those young guys..they will get better!!

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/13/19 09:34 PM

Haven't seen much of the Rams this year. I was surprised to see Wade Phillips on the sidelines. I always thought he was one of the good guys.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/14/19 01:15 PM

I like the young man but, Dak can’t make the throws that an NFL quarterback has to make to take the team to a Super Bowl.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/14/19 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
The offensive coaches should be fired immediately, should start with Linehan and Moore, and Red too.

They called a good game being that there were numerous plays with an open receiver that Dak failed to make an accurate throw.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/14/19 02:35 PM

'The boyz are looking forward to their well deserved 6-7 months of vacation"

actually they go back to work in February.

I think Lenihan will be gone for a younger "mind"

I heard Dabo Sweeny peep
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/14/19 05:06 PM

JG said on The Fan this AM he didn't expect many changes, including Lenihan coming back...

I'm still of the opinion the primary problem the Cowboys have is ownership. Jerruh is not a football GM. Dak is good, Dak is not great, he holds on to the ball too long. If no one's open, takeoff while you still can... He'll be another Tannehill or Dalton, win some games, Division here and there maybe.

It is curious how they held the Seahawks to under 100 and yet the Rams go over 200 on the ground. Did Sean Lee play any in the Seattle game? I know he did in the LA game, that Van der E. boy is good.

Charlie

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted by Guy

They called a good game being that there were numerous plays with an open receiver that Dak failed to make an accurate throw.

Dak actually played a pretty good game, 99.2 QB rating, 266 yards, 2 TDs, no turn overs...he was not the reason they lost. Cowboys 50 yards rushing vs Rams 273 was the reason.

I'll be real surprised, and disappointed, if Linehan and Moore are not replaced.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Guy

Dak actually played a pretty good game, 99.2 QB rating, 266 yards, 2 TDs, no turn overs...he was not the reason they lost. Cowboys 50 yards rushing vs Rams 273 was the reason.

I'll be real surprised, and disappointed, if Linehan and Moore are not replaced.

League leading rusher has only 47 yards on 20 carries is a combination of the Rams defense coaches good game planning and our offense coaches ineptness. Dak missed some easy passes, so did Goff.
I also blame Red Jesus for that bone headed call for not trying an onside kick at the end of the game, the Rams had run up and down us all game, what made him think we could stop them at the end of the game with no time outs hammer

Dak is a good QB only because of his ability to scramble and make plays with his legs, he is not a top tier QB so it is imperative that an offensive coach utilize that or we are going nowhere offensively.
Linehan came in with a weak ineffective game plan and did not make necessary adjustments at halftime, he needs to go!

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 02:07 PM

Heard on the radio this morning, with new onside kick rules (you can’t get a running start), it does not make sense to do onside kick any more. Chance of recovery has dropped from like 25 percent to like 5 percent.

Linehan running same offense since 2016, too much tape on him, offensive line not what it was in 2016, we need a new offensive mind.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Heard on the radio this morning, with new onside kick rules (you can’t get a running start), it does not make sense to do onside kick any more. Chance of recovery has dropped from like 25 percent to like 5 percent.

Linehan running same offense since 2016, too much tape on him, offensive line not what it was in 2016, we need a new offensive mind.

Did not know that about onside kicks, stupid rule that takes some serious excitement out of the game hammer

I should also mention that our Defensive coordinator did not make good half time adjustments to stop their running attack!

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 02:43 PM

I should also mention that our Defensive coordinator did not make good half time adjustments to stop their running attack!

[Linked Image]

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 03:28 PM

this is all bs

we got our azzes tanned by a better team.

lets shut this down, regroup and start over,

time to shoot

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 04:09 PM

this is all bs

we got our azzes tanned by a better team.

lets shut this down, regroup and start over,

time to shoot

Very true the better team won that day.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 06:53 PM

“The better team won” is a BS clashes if you ask me. The better team always wins. We beat the Saints because we were better that day. The Rams are better, based on what? Better based on regular season record? Ok, i give you that, the team with the higher seeding won. Better based on player talent/stats? Better based on coaching success?

That is all bs, that’s why you play the game. The Rams were better on Saturday, and I think largely because of coaching that day, that is not BS.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
“The better team won” is a BS clashes if you ask me. The better team always wins. We beat the Saints because we were better that day. The Rams are better, based on what? Better based on regular season record? Ok, i give you that, the team with the higher seeding won. Better based on player talent/stats? Better based on coaching success?

That is all bs, that’s why you play the game. The Rams were better on Saturday, and I think largely because of coaching that day, that is not BS.

(The Rams are better, based on what? Better based on regular season record? Ok, i give you that, the team with the higher seeding won. Better based on player talent/stats? Better based on coaching success?)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Unfortunately all of the above.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Rams collectively were and are a better football team all around (coaches and players), that is the main reason they won!

Moving forward we can only hope wise decisions are made for us Cowboy fans up
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 10:50 PM

When is this thread gonna die? Don’t hear any Texan fans whining a week after their loss in the playoffs.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
When is this thread gonna die? Don’t hear any Texan fans whining a week after their loss in the playoffs.

Well...I gotta give you that. up

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 10:58 PM

There is no whining going on hammer If you read the comments it is Cowboy fans criticizing their/our own team.
Whining is when you blame some one else for your loss such as refs, cheaters or bad breaks etc.

The reason you do not hear any Texans moaning is they are tickled pink with being in the playoffs and to them that is a great season.
When you are a Cowboy fan and have won many Super Bowls in the past, just getting in the playoffs ain't good enough!

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 11:02 PM

Put it to bed til next season. The playoffs have been good enough for a long time

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 11:31 PM

Bump. It’s not whining it’s anslysis. We’ll some of it is analysis, others are just trolling.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 11:33 PM

Put it to bed til next season.

Next season they will be going to the super bowl. smile ani

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Guy

Pretty good game, not. I saw 2 sure interceptions dropped by the Rams. One would of been a sure touchdown. I agree that he is not the ONLY reason they lost. The defense got throttled by the run. And playing a pretty good game at QB rarely gets you to a Super Bowl. He took too many sacks and should of had two turnover if the Rams defense can catch the ball.

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/15/19 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Guy

Pretty good game, not. I saw 2 sure interceptions dropped by the Rams. One would of been a sure touchdown. I agree that he is not the ONLY reason they lost. The defense got throttled by the run. And playing a pretty good game at QB rarely gets you to a Super Bowl. He took too many sacks and should of had two turnover if the Rams defense can catch the ball.

and here we go again...jeez dude

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/16/19 12:03 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/16/19 02:52 AM

Good analysis here, Marc you should take notes...

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/16/19 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

(The Rams are better, based on what? Better based on regular season record? Ok, i give you that, the team with the higher seeding won. Better based on player talent/stats? Better based on coaching success?)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Unfortunately all of the above.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Rams collectively were and are a better football team all around (coaches and players), that is the main reason they won!

Moving forward we can only hope wise decisions are made for us Cowboy fans up

Explain to me then why cowboys have more going to the pro bowl this year than the Ram?

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/16/19 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Guy

You know Dak broke Brady’s records of 168 passes without an interception? And also set NFL record with fewest interceptions first 500 passss? Take his performance with the Rams, combine it with an average day for Zeke and an average day for the cowboy defense, and cowboys win that game.
Posted By: glens

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/16/19 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Put it to bed til next season.

Next season they will be going to the super bowl. smile ani

Only if they buy a ticket!!

Re: Official - Cowboys Vs Rams - 01/16/19 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by glens
Originally Posted by Guy