So unfair to the Coyote. NO WALL!
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 07:52 PM

Saw it on Austin news this morning
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Saw it on Austin news this morning

The lady who posted it in our NextDoor app her dog was attacked yesterday morning while the husband was walking it in our subdivision walking trail. The husband was carrying a golf club since we have had numerous people attacked lately by a coyote.

Dog was picked up by coyote and husband swang at it and he dropped the dog, the dog was taken to vet and was ok.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 08:09 PM

No citizens in Frisco carry a firearm?

Sheep waiting on the sheepdog to do something for them.
Posted By: maximum

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 08:21 PM

lotsa folks usually cry and holler about shooting and trapping coyotes until
lil' cutesy pie puppy or kitty kat gets dragged off squalling and gets it's guts
ripped out while it's still alive.
i haven't found any collars yet, but i have found a coyote turd with hair from
someone's lil' pet

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG

We have or had the largest indoor gun range in the USA here

I am sure many carry, but I doubt they carry when walking inside the subdivision on the walking trails

Not much crime up here
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 08:39 PM

I seem to remember governor Perry shooting at a coyote on an Austin hiking trail a few years ago.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rick-perry-kills-wily-coyote-during-jog/

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

I am sure many carry, but I doubt they carry when walking inside the subdivision on the walking trails

Not much crime up here

Carry every day, everywhere. No one gets to pick the day they will need their gun. It will be chosen for them, and on short notice.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 08:55 PM

I seem to remember governor Perry shooting at a coyote on an Austin hiking trail a few years ago.

^^Exactly my point. I remember that too. Taurus even made a pistol, after that incident, called "The Governor".

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 09:01 PM

Not much crime up here

Carry every day, everywhere. No one gets to pick the day they will need their gun. It will be chosen for them, and on short notice.

But we get to pick our environment

I pay to live here for the safety factor, the low crime and the quiet neighborhoods

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 09:08 PM

I have no doubt that is how it is. My pistol is just like fire hydrants. Look how close together fire hydrants are in your neighborhood, and in the entire city. Why? Because one could be needed anywhere.

Safety is an illusion, be prepared.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 09:28 PM

^ This...100%
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 09:31 PM

^^Exactly my point. I remember that too. Taurus even made a pistol, after that incident, called "The Governor".

Ruger and “Coyote Special”

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 09:37 PM

I have no doubt that is how it is. My pistol is just like fire hydrants. Look how close together fire hydrants are in your neighborhood, and in the entire city. Why? Because one could be needed anywhere.

I have been carrying probably longer than you have had a driver license...….

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 09:41 PM

So, you're arguing for no reason.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law

I got the model right, but not the maker. It is a S&W.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-governor-0
Posted By: Payne

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 09:48 PM

I got the model right, but not the maker. It is a S&W.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-governor-0

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/05/robert-farago/ruger-coyote-special-380-lcp/
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 10:01 PM

Not much crime up here

But we get to pick our environment

I pay to live here for the safety factor, the low crime and the quiet neighborhoods

Understandable, but I think the point here is coyotes can’t commit crimes, but they can attack humans and their pets, which is why we’re here talking about it.

Your chosen environment now includes wild animals attacking people and pets.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 10:13 PM

So, you're arguing for no reason.

Argue?

I was just saying you are preaching to the choir here

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 10:15 PM

I just walked my dog, they have a guy whom is hired to eliminate the bad coyotes walking with a fake dog on stick, I am sure he is trolling for the coyote

Last week before they captured what they think or thought ( I have been out of the country last week so I don't have any updates) was the coyote attacking people, he was walking up and down El Dorado on the south side from Preston to my subdivision wearing all black he started around 4:45am and walked until past 8 ish when I headed to work.

Kinda Interesting
Posted By: HOF

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 10:22 PM

I just walked my dog, they have a guy whom is hired to eliminate the bad coyotes walking with a fake dog on stick, I am sure he is trolling for the coyote

Last week before they captured what they think or thought ( I have been out of the country last week so I don't have any updates) was the coyote attacking people, he was walking up and down El Dorado on the south side from Preston to my subdivision wearing all black he started around 4:45am and walked until past 8 ish when I headed to work.

Kinda Interesting

That has soooooo much THF comic potential...
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 10:22 PM

...they have a guy whom is hired to eliminate the bad coyotes walking with a fake dog on stick...

Would love to see video!
Posted By: JCB

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 10:23 PM

Sounds like a Yote Ninja! ninja
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 10:30 PM

Not much crime up here

How does having an indoor gun range relate to your safety and carrying a firearm on your person? If you doubt they carry, then you either don't see it, or you don't carry yourself. Maybe not much crime right now, but you certainly have a coyote problem that would certainly justify carrying a firearm, especially while out walking. I don't know of a more perfect example of a person being a sheep and being attacked by a wolf. Just a coyote instead. Not carrying a firearm because you feel safe is the first time you become a victim. When I leave the house, all 4 items are on me 100% of the time- keys, wallet, phone, and pistol. I shake my head when the person is being interviewed on the news and say the same thing, "not much crime up here" or something similar after having an event. I don't know, I just have a different mind set about personal protection.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 10:43 PM

Not much crime up here

Quote of the day right there

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42

Not much crime up here

How does having an indoor gun range relate to your safety and carrying a firearm on your person? If you doubt they carry, then you either don't see it, or you don't carry yourself. Maybe not much crime right now, but you certainly have a coyote problem that would certainly justify carrying a firearm, especially while out walking. I don't know of a more perfect example of a person being a sheep and being attacked by a wolf. Just a coyote instead. Not carrying a firearm because you feel safe is the first time you become a victim. When I leave the house, all 4 items are on me 100% of the time- keys, wallet, phone, and pistol. I shake my head when the person is being interviewed on the news and say the same thing, "not much crime up here" or something similar after having an event. I don't know, I just have a different mind set about personal protection.

The Police and Fire Department and city offices are outstanding up here. You call a police and they will be at your house in about 3 minutes for a regular call. People are not allowed to solicit up here, they knock you call police they are on them in a heartbeat. You never see anyone up here trying to beg, that don't fly up here.

I have never seen a police department or Fire Department more Customer Oriented than in Frisco, they are outstanding and have the latest and greatest equipment.

The gun range is here due to the demographics, you figure the rest out on your own.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 10:49 PM

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 11:04 PM

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 11:16 PM

Not much crime up here

The Police and Fire Department and city offices are outstanding up here. You call a police and they will be at your house in about 3 minutes for a regular call. People are not allowed to solicit up here, they knock you call police they are on them in a heartbeat. You never see anyone up here trying to beg, that don't fly up here.

I have never seen a police department or Fire Department more Customer Oriented than in Frisco, they are outstanding and have the latest and greatest equipment.

The gun range is here due to the demographics, you figure the rest out on your own.

I work for a very customer service oriented, busy FD, with the latest and greatest equipment, and PD that is exactly in the same gear. Both of us get overwhelmed, from time to time. On scene times are not 3 minutes all of them time, not even in Frisco. Good friend of mine is an FD Captain there. They are good departments in Frisco, but your safety still depends on you.

Case in point is these attacks happening, and making the news. Where was PD? On patrol, working, somewhere else.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 11:24 PM

Back to coyotes in the city.

They stay in city for a reason. The urban environment has created more opportunities. Cities are warmer with traditional and non traditional food sources. These coyotes need to take the good with the bad. They fight over territory in the city. Risk being eradicated in the city.

Frisco probably had 40 coyotes 100 years ago. Now probably 400.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

^ This...100%
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 11:45 PM

Those little rainbow Yorkies taste so good

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/30/18 11:54 PM

Those little rainbow Yorkies taste so good

roflmao
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 03:37 AM

Only the best dressed dogs are allowed in Frisco.

[Linked Image]

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Only the best dressed dogs are allowed in Frisco.

[Linked Image]

They are talking about those vest right now on my NextDoor Feed in the neighborhood

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 10:54 AM

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

I will take my chances in Frisco yingyang
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 01:22 PM

Doesn't anybody up there own a 12 gauge or a .22?
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 01:43 PM

Not much crime up here

Yes there is. I guarantee it.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 01:58 PM

Bunch of snowflakes up there.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 02:04 PM

Not much crime up here

You call the police when a solicitor knocks on your door? That must be really frightening. How about just answering the door all by yourself and telling the solicitor "no thank you" ?
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 02:40 PM

A bunch of California liberals up there I hear.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 03:18 PM

I was in Frisco last Friday. Like a stirred up ant bed, too many people and they drive like idiots. I'd never live there.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw
You call the police when a solicitor knocks on your door? That must be really frightening. How about just answering the door all by yourself and telling the solicitor "no thank you" ?

Why waste my time?

I just call the police and let them do their job. That way they will take care of it and not disturb hundred of people as opposed to me and everyone having to tell them no. As I said the Police are very Customer Service Friendly in Frisco, Really a great group of guys all the way up to the Mayor.

Frisco Police sells the signs so we the Citizens of Frisco don't get bothered with when we get home from work. The sign works like a charm. And if you don't have a No Soliciting Sign and they knock each person soliciting must get a permit from the city to solicit. Very smart

[Linked Image]

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Most are good to live with them, since they were here first. No one keeps farm animals in the yard here, only pets.

I actually enjoying seeing the coyotes, bobcats, and tons of rabbits and we have a few deer that live across the street from me on Brinkman Ranch.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN
I was in Frisco last Friday. Like a stirred up ant bed, too many people and they drive like idiots. I'd never live there.

We have a lot of people who never drove until the moved to USA and Frisco and those are the idiots.

But the city has made all the streets have high speed limits and installed left turn signals and cut dedicated right turn lanes at most intersection so traffic moves fast up here.

Preston is 55 mph by my house, Eldorado is 45, and Coit is 55 mph.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 04:53 PM

Most are good to live with them, since they were here first. No one keeps farm animals in the yard here, only pets.

I actually enjoying seeing the coyotes, bobcats, and tons of rabbits and we have a few deer that live across the street from me on Brinkman Ranch.

We have the same where I live but if coyotes got aggressive we would handle that in short order.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 05:04 PM

We have the same where I live but if coyotes got aggressive we would handle that in short order.

I am just an old redneck hillbilly living in Frisco , Not many real Texans anywhere in the Metroplex anymore, Heck it hard to find someone born in Dallas area anymore
Posted By: ksjmf

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 05:14 PM

The gun range is here due to the demographics, you figure the rest out on your own.[/quote]

Whoa man! I bet property taxes are outrageous up there! But like you said you choose where you live so you pay what it costs! No complaints!
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 06:31 PM

Is it legal to shoot coyotes in city limits?

What about bobcats?

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ndhunter

What about bobcats?

Illegal to discharge a firearm in the city limits ....

S.S.S.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

What about bobcats?

S.S.S.

Incorrect

In Frisco you can hunt inside City Limits.

If you have 10 acres or more you can shoot a shotgun, Pistol, bow/arrow

if you have more than 50 acres you can hunt with a center fire rifle or pistol

you must be a certain distance away from a school or hospital I think 1000 ft, 600 feet from any subdivision

When I moved up here in 2009, I saw two guys sitting on 5 gallon buckets dove hunting on the corner of North Dallas Tollway / El Dorado, where the Costco is now.

You hear lots of Dove hunters up here in dove season, large tracts of lands are going away, but you can still hunt up here.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 07:00 PM

What about bobcats?

S.S.S.

^^

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 07:00 PM

Wow. That’s surprising

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 07:15 PM

Wow. That’s surprising

I agree, it kinda makes it cool to live up here. Until couple of years ago, at Coit road between 121 and Main street, they were all kinds of guys hunting all over place it was crawling with dove hunters. Now it almost all gone with new house, there is still a farm close to 121 but they have horses or offer horse rides and don't allow hunting.

The High School was across the street from all the hunters, it reminded me of the opening scene of the movie Red Dawn

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 08:00 PM

Wow. That’s surprising

I agree, it kinda makes it cool to live up here. Until couple of years ago, at Coit road between 121 and Main street, they were all kinds of guys hunting all over place it was crawling with dove hunters. Now it almost all gone with new house, there is still a farm close to 121 but they have horses or offer horse rides and don't allow hunting.

The High School was across the street from all the hunters, it reminded me of the opening scene of the movie Red Dawn

You would have loved it in the very early 90s before all the houses were built. Coit was still just a little gravel road and there were ample dove hunting opportunities.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 08:58 PM

hamburger and gopher bait.

Posted By: Tbar

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 09:20 PM

Had one run across the front yard at the farm this morning.

He was moving too fast for me to get a shot.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 12/31/18 11:03 PM

Had a neighbor spot one this morning in the subdivision, I suspect he was on a rabbit hunt

[Linked Image]
Posted By: okbowhunter

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 01/31/19 09:34 PM

Had a neighbor spot one this morning in the subdivision, I suspect he was on a rabbit hunt

[Linked Image]

Looks photoshopped to me. I'm just asking...... That Coyote looks pretty big and has a really thick healthy coat on him.

+ the way his hind quarters are over that shrub it just don't look right.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 01/31/19 09:41 PM

My neighbor shot one last week in his back yard with dove load
Yote ran to cvs
Someone called the cops
Cops showed up
Cops just wrote him a warning
Cop was a hunter as well
Neighbor has 2 anklebiters
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 01/31/19 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by okbowhunter
Looks photoshopped to me.

Download and zoom in. Looks even more fake.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 01/31/19 10:04 PM

Yup, fake
Half legs going 5 ft deep
I would still have shot him
Posted By: Stub

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 01/31/19 10:12 PM

[Linked Image]

Here Kitty, Kitty Kitty drink7
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 01/31/19 11:10 PM

I miss ole Wile E.

[Linked Image]

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 01/31/19 11:12 PM

They gonna put another mall next to them poor yotes bang
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco - 01/31/19 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw
Wow. That’s surprising

You would have loved it in the very early 90s before all the houses were built. Coit was still just a little gravel road and there were ample dove hunting opportunities.

True dat. My parents lived in the town of Renner off Preston road. Quail city back then with hundreds if not thousands of acres of milo and sunflowers. I used to hunt dove, quail and rabbits. Was always successful. Then the snowbirds changed all of that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum