Texas Hunting Forum

Axis Plans???

Posted By: melbaLT4

Axis Plans??? - 11/16/09 05:32 AM

So I am going on an Axis hunt with a Sika doe option and I have some questions.

I am not interested in a shoulder mount this time. I know I want a "hair on hide" tan for each.

What options other than a euro mount do i have on the Axis, and would the Sika provide a cape worth having tanned and made into a rug or hanging, etc...

I am in the San Antonio area and dont travel much so some one local would be good if you have any recommendations, however, I am quite interested in doing it myself.

Thanks for any time spent on this ahead of time,
Gig'em Ags
Jeff

Posted By: Gus

Re: Axis Plans??? - 11/16/09 03:23 PM

The Nugget Company in San Antonio, they do great work. Got one there right now.

Posted By: crazyal

Re: Axis Plans??? - 11/16/09 03:39 PM

Gus beat me to recommending them. I too have an Axis hide there and have been taking hides to them for a couple of years now.

Re: Axis Plans??? - 11/17/09 01:19 AM

Thanks guys I checked the Nugget Company website and they are the cheapest guys around too it looks like $95 for a deer sized animal.

Re: Axis Plans??? - 01/12/10 08:36 PM

The Nugget Company did not disappoint! Great price and finished in half the quoted time, this was the first time to use them, but it will NOT be the last.

Posted By: crazyal

Re: Axis Plans??? - 01/13/10 09:53 PM

I need to say that I was not impressed as I usually am with the last hide that I had the nuggett company do. It was not near as soft as usual and really quite stiff. They also put a couple extra holes in it.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum